ALF

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TonyFunkoFreakHead

Re: ALF

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 pm

BillyLouis wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:

it would be the ultimate flocked pop and rightfully flocked, if they ever make this pop a regular plastic pop will not do ALF justice.

yup, only flocked. don't even waste the time on the regular!

Hear, hear.

Though knowing our luck Funko would make a metallic version instead.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH well played...as longas it aint WOOD edition

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:03 am

BillyLouis wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
yup, only flocked. don't even waste the time on the regular!

Hear, hear.

Though knowing our luck Funko would make a metallic version instead.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH well played...as longas it aint WOOD edition

LOL wood edition chase!

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:34 am

Love the idea of a flocked alf
:freddy3:

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:23 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:Love the idea of a flocked alf

Yeah, same here. An absolute must.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:19 pm

We must keep this thread alive, VIVA LA FLOCKED ALF!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:20 pm

Oh forgot to mention, ALF is currently streaming on Prime! For Free! Go Enjoy!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:14 pm

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:Oh forgot to mention, ALF is currently streaming on Prime! For Free! Go Enjoy!

it really is a show that i thought perhaps wouldn't age well, but i've found i enjoy it even more as an adult.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:27 am

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:Oh forgot to mention, ALF is currently streaming on Prime! For Free! Go Enjoy!

Aww, no prime here. I'm missing out on that.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:08 am

digithor wrote:

Aww, no prime here. I'm missing out on that.

Oh really, then I should start watching
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 am

Just a little FYI for ALF fans everywhere...

The episodes on Prime and on North American release DVDs are syndicated versions of the show and have portions cut to shorten the original broadcast length (this is typical of syndicated versions of shows during that time period - they cut parts here and there to fit more commercials in). As it concerns ALF in particular, there are many instances throughout the series where jokes/gags are removed entirely and a few instances where timelines, resolutions, and storylines are a bit out of whack. Also, not sure about Prime, but on the NA DVDs, the fourth season is very out of order. Truthfully, if you've never seen the show before or are just a casual fan, you probably won't miss anything that's been cut and wouldn't even know if someone hadn't mentioned it.

For purists and anyone else who would like to watch ALF in the most complete form possible, you'll want to track down the German DVD release (region 2). Most of the episodes on there are original broadcast versions. If outside of the region 2 area, you will need a region free DVD/BluRay player or a computer with disc drive and a ripping program that can remove the region lock (ie MakeMKV) to extract region free episode files. Unfortunately, some of the episodes on this release are also out of order, so it would take some finagling to put them in the proper order, but IMHO it's totally worth it. I did it for myself when I was digitizing my media collection a few years back and picked up the German ALF set for about $40 on Amazon.de

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:39 pm

I added it to my queue!

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:03 pm

Quazimoto wrote:

The episodes on Prime and on North American release DVDs are syndicated versions of the show and have portions cut to shorten the original broadcast length (this is typical of syndicated versions of shows during that time period - they cut parts here and there to fit more commercials in). As it concerns ALF in particular, there are many instances throughout the series where jokes/gags are removed entirely and a few instances where timelines, resolutions, and storylines are a bit out of whack. Also, not sure about Prime, but on the NA DVDs, the fourth season is very out of order. Truthfully, if you've never seen the show before or are just a casual fan, you probably won't miss anything that's been cut and wouldn't even know if someone hadn't mentioned it.

For purists and anyone else who would like to watch ALF in the most complete form possible, you'll want to track down the German DVD release (region 2). Most of the episodes on there are original broadcast versions. If outside of the region 2 area, you will need a region free DVD/BluRay player or a computer with disc drive and a ripping program that can remove the region lock (ie MakeMKV) to extract region free episode files. Unfortunately, some of the episodes on this release are also out of order, so it would take some finagling to put them in the proper order, but IMHO it's totally worth it. I did it for myself when I was digitizing my media collection a few years back and picked up the German ALF set for about $40 on Amazon.de

lol well this is rather meta, thanks for the info.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:50 pm

Quazimoto wrote:

Well look at that, did not know but some good information there.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:04 pm

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:We must keep this thread alive, VIVA LA FLOCKED ALF!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Alive - Enabled

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:13 pm

jagpop wrote:

I wonder if funko lost the rights to alf since we've only seen the wobbler which I love
:freddy3:

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:
jagpop wrote:

I wonder if funko lost the rights to alf since we've only seen the wobbler which I love

Thats a great point to consider...maybe the Wobbler didnt sell well back in the day and they were like okay we done with you Alf, hopefully they see there are more Pop collectors these days and would be interested in it! Viva La Alf!

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 12:11 am

Jalapenopete wrote:
jagpop wrote:Yeah, same here. An absolute must.

Thats a great point to consider...maybe the Wobbler didnt sell well back in the day and they were like okay we done with you Alf, hopefully they see there are more Pop collectors these days and would be interested in it! Viva La Alf!

Yeah. So many ALF variants they can do.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 12:39 am

whenever this thread pops back up, it makes me happy.

sahens04

Postby sahens04 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:40 am

I still have my stuffed Alf that my uncle gave me when I was 5. I'd totally get a flocked Alf pop.
Sabrina AKA sahens04/BrassOctopus04
Funklub #8049
Funatic of the Week: September 8, 2022
First Pop!: Dark World Loki 36
ISO: Loki button from blind bags, Sailor Saturn mini, Haunted Mansion mini protos, Vanellope Dorbz Ride Proto, other Wreck it Ralph themed protos
:freddy1:

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue May 18, 2021 11:22 am

Let's get some movement on this... lol

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 pm

jagpop wrote:Let's get some movement on this... lol

Maybe you should text your boy Becker and get things moving lol

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:07 pm

Really?
I will!
Thanks
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed May 19, 2021 12:12 pm

joecolt wrote:
jagpop wrote:Let's get some movement on this... lol

Maybe you should text your boy Becker and get things moving lol

Quien? lol

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed May 19, 2021 2:43 pm

Just introduced my kid to ALF. We then went to find ALF #1 Comic. And now, the questions of where is the ALF Funko POP? So fingers crossed with all the nostalgic 80s love we have been getting, SOON!
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu May 20, 2021 10:17 am

Nemesis989 wrote:

Really?
I will!
Thanks

My pleasure! All seasons! It was a good time warp to see these again. First ep was little tough to get through but the others are good :)

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 pm

A flocked ALF pop would be cool to see. We definitely need ALF pops.

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:53 pm

Did they do an alf pop?

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:32 pm

JJHODGE wrote:Did they do an alf pop?

None that I have seen.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:06 am

Another year has gone by without Gordon Shumway Pops. Lets get it goin, Funko!
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:14 am

BadEugoogolizer wrote:Another year has gone by without Gordon Shumway Pops. Lets get it goin, Funko!

must be a bunch of no-good cat sympathizers at HQ!

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:35 am

Mr Yac wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:Another year has gone by without Gordon Shumway Pops. Lets get it goin, Funko!

must be a bunch of no-good cat sympathizers at HQ!

I dunno, they did make a Dart from Stranger Things Pop. Maybe they're actually just mad that Alf never followed through :eek:
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Return to “Pop!”