What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
DrunkoPop

Re: What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:27 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Because I am fond of the shoe game - I’m usually a person that likes the idea of the og staying the og and them just doing a new updated mold. Kudos to Funko because as time gets on - their mold and attention to detail is getting more and more advanced. So I think it’s only right to have updated molds tbh.

I 100% agree. That’s one of the reasons why I jumped on the Funko train, the detail was getting better by the day.

Yeah, that’s why I think it’s important to vault previous editions and introduce new variants to the market. I personally would love to see Heath ledgers joker now with the experience and tenure funko has with molds. Tbh though; that could easily be made into a reality with a NFT Release as it does seem like they’ve been tapping into older licenses for some of these nft releases

If that happens, that nft will be worth hundreds of not thousands :dkjoker1: :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
I 100% agree. That’s one of the reasons why I jumped on the Funko train, the detail was getting better by the day.

Yeah, that’s why I think it’s important to vault previous editions and introduce new variants to the market. I personally would love to see Heath ledgers joker now with the experience and tenure funko has with molds. Tbh though; that could easily be made into a reality with a NFT Release as it does seem like they’ve been tapping into older licenses for some of these nft releases

If that happens, that nft will be worth hundreds of not thousands :dkjoker1: :mir1:

Lol tbh I think they should do it & either make Heath Ledgers joker the royalty or the Grail. I’d be happy to get ahold of a new Heath and because I do participate in the NFT drops I’ll be gunning for it (your right about that valuation btw)
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:25 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Lol tbh I think they should do it & either make Heath Ledgers joker the royalty or the Grail. I’d be happy to get ahold of a new Heath and because I do participate in the NFT drops I’ll be gunning for it (your right about that valuation btw)

I participate as well but only on the waves that I collect. That particular drop will be a blood bath. :D
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:37 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I participate as well but only on the waves that I collect. That particular drop will be a blood bath. :D

Lolol would quite literally be one of the biggest drops thus far. I mean a updated Bank Robber (because there were other masks other than the one they did) a Heath, maybe a new Bane , a Harvey dent & a new Batman & you got one of the craziest drops thus far.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:38 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

To add on to that, I’m really in favor of the grail for the set being Heath Ledgers Joker with a pencil lol
PopPChulo

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:29 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Lolol would quite literally be one of the biggest drops thus far. I mean a updated Bank Robber (because there were other masks other than the one they did) a Heath, maybe a new Bane , a Harvey dent & a new Batman & you got one of the craziest drops thus far.

Heck with an NFT drop. They should just make a new wave of Dark Knight trilogy Pops. Or just 1 or 2 for SDCC or NYCC. You're right. The other bank robber masked thugs would be sick. Two-Face would be great. Ledger Joker in the nurse outfit would be amazing. All the best Funko Pops lately have been from NFT drops and I hate that.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:16 pm

lcarus83 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Heck with an NFT drop. They should just make a new wave of Dark Knight trilogy Pops. Or just 1 or 2 for SDCC or NYCC. You're right. The other bank robber masked thugs would be sick. Two-Face would be great. Ledger Joker in the nurse outfit would be amazing. All the best Funko Pops lately have been from NFT drops and I hate that.

Oh you must not know … I had a whole thread begging for the very pops that you named just now - all of them. As a regular wave lol it never came to fruition and I begged and begged and begged some more lol I would LOVE another Dark Knight Trilogy wave but the way things are currently set up I feel like we have a higher chance at seeing it as a NFT before a common wave
PopPChulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:53 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

It would be all too good to be true. :joker:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:57 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

To add on to that, I’m really in favor of the grail for the set being Heath Ledgers Joker with a pencil lol

That was my favorite joker scene. When he asked for half the money and that the mob bought his outfit. :dkjoker1:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:58 pm

lcarus83 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

You forgot Heath as the cop :happy3:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:59 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
lcarus83 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Oh you must not know … I had a whole thread begging for the very pops that you named just now - all of them. As a regular wave lol it never came to fruition and I begged and begged and begged some more lol I would LOVE another Dark Knight Trilogy wave but the way things are currently set up I feel like we have a higher chance at seeing it as a NFT before a common wave

Exactly. Save the best for NFT :hiding:
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:58 am

PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
DFWFunkoHunter wrote:They should automatically vault all pops after X amount of time. I’m not sure what that timeframe should be but big enough for most to get it and some stragglers. Then after that in the vault it goes. There it should stay for a little bit and if collectors really calls for something (like do a poll with options to bring back certain pieces and see which one wins) to be brought out do like they did with the Star Wars box to make it completely different and in a limited fashion. That way Newer collector still have a chance of getting something they missed out on but it maintains the collectible aspect.

You would figure after like 3 or 4 years a Pop would just vault, right? But Funko likes them dollar bills! LOL

Lol I still find it weird because you can just take the same character and make a updated mold. I mean tbh some of these readily available older ones look a little outdated compared to the updated molds. They’ve really stepped their game up design wise

Exactly! Just vault old ones and update molds!

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:36 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Because I am fond of the shoe game - I’m usually a person that likes the idea of the og staying the og and them just doing a new updated mold. Kudos to Funko because as time gets on - their mold and attention to detail is getting more and more advanced. So I think it’s only right to have updated molds tbh.

i 100% agree. it wouldn't make sense to just use the same mold from an old pop for a rerelease or unvaulting because it should have some uniqueness to it from that edition. a new updated one would be a way to get new collectors in and also give a new variant for die hard collectors to add.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:59 pm

bitmap wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

i 100% agree. it wouldn't make sense to just use the same mold from an old pop for a rerelease or unvaulting because it should have some uniqueness to it from that edition. a new updated one would be a way to get new collectors in and also give a new variant for die hard collectors to add.

It would reel in hundreds of new collectors. Just on that pop alone.
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:54 pm

bitmap wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Yeah because as much as I’m mentioning they need to vault the old one, you better believe if they dropped a new mold, same pose I’d cop. Lol I don’t know if they realize that hardcore collectors of a character will cop a new mold and new collectors will as well.

But I do think that if they do the Dark Knight Trilogy as a NFT Drop - Nurse Joker, Joker with Pencil, The Dark Knight Unmasked (or in Bruce Wayne in Robe w Cane), Baine w/o Coat, Joker in Cop Outfit, Bank Robber Clown Variants, Harvey Dent - I mean they really have a buffet of Pops they can create new molds for a NFT drop or maybe even a new wave. I do think given the fact there is a new Batman (Pattinson) and James Gunns as well. . And the JL Flash ones; it prolly would be more strategic to utilize the NFT drops for the older Batmans. Lol

Ngl though; I can’t imagine the sheer hype that would be around Freddy as Nurse Joker (can you all imagine how crazy people would go?)
PopPChulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:24 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
bitmap wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah because as much as I’m mentioning they need to vault the old one, you better believe if they dropped a new mold, same pose I’d cop. Lol I don’t know if they realize that hardcore collectors of a character will cop a new mold and new collectors will as well.

But I do think that if they do the Dark Knight Trilogy as a NFT Drop - Nurse Joker, Joker with Pencil, The Dark Knight Unmasked (or in Bruce Wayne in Robe w Cane), Baine w/o Coat, Joker in Cop Outfit, Bank Robber Clown Variants, Harvey Dent - I mean they really have a buffet of Pops they can create new molds for a NFT drop or maybe even a new wave. I do think given the fact there is a new Batman (Pattinson) and James Gunns as well. . And the JL Flash ones; it prolly would be more strategic to utilize the NFT drops for the older Batmans. Lol

Ngl though; I can’t imagine the sheer hype that would be around Freddy as Nurse Joker (can you all imagine how crazy people would go?)

Again! :dkjoker1: :mir1: :freddy3:
Image Image
ImageImage

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:09 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
bitmap wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

sounds like it would be a good business decision to do that then!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:35 pm

bitmap wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
bitmap wrote:

Exactly :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:36 pm

bitmap wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
bitmap wrote:

Haha accurate - I mean I think even if they did the Dark Knight as a NFT drop it would break the net. You see the cash emoji keeps popping up everytime we mention limited Dark Knight Pops lol it’s kinda a cult classic now =D> =D> =D> :compress:
PopPChulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:17 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
bitmap wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Haha accurate - I mean I think even if they did the Dark Knight as a NFT drop it would break the net. You see the cash emoji keeps popping up everytime we mention limited Dark Knight Pops lol it’s kinda a cult classic now =D> =D> =D> :compress:

Let’s face it, Batman was dead before the Dark Knight Trilogy
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:13 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
bitmap wrote:

Definitely heated up when the dark knight trilogy came. To be honest I initially wasn’t sold after watching the first Batman but when Dark Knight dropped I was sold
PopPChulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:12 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Definitely heated up when the dark knight trilogy came. To be honest I initially wasn’t sold after watching the first Batman but when Dark Knight dropped I was sold

The ENTIRE WORLD was sold on the second film. Your not the only one :roflmao:
Image Image
ImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:15 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
bitmap wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I would love it and I agree so many others would too

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:16 am

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Everything about the dark knight made it truly a great film

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:48 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
bitmap wrote:

I know Funko can easily license the Dark Knight - probably could do it for a NFT release and all but I don’t know if it’s even on their radar
PopPChulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:48 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
bitmap wrote:

That’s the whole point. Bringing in new collectors. Much more fun.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:49 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Everything about the dark knight made it truly a great film

I’ve must have watched it over 30 times already.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:53 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
El_PANDA wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I know Funko can easily license the Dark Knight - probably could do it for a NFT release and all but I don’t know if it’s even on their radar

Agreed. They tend not to go back wards when new factions arise. The New Batman film and The Flash with Michael Keaton as Batman.
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:26 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
El_PANDA wrote:

Agreed. They tend not to go back wards when new factions arise. The New Batman film and The Flash with Michael Keaton as Batman.

Haha everyone is a fan of a specific Batman though so I don’t know if they even realize people will buy lines revolving around certain Batman universes
PopPChulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:25 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Haha everyone is a fan of a specific Batman though so I don’t know if they even realize people will buy lines revolving around certain Batman universes

Good Point.
Image Image
ImageImage

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:07 am

PopPChulo wrote:Hey,

What Funko POP! do you think that it is time for Funko to VAULT?

What have you seen on your local stores shelves or are you ready for a new wave of ? Sound off below!

Iron Giant Funko pops if not already vaulted.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:16 pm

Bam808 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Hey,

What Funko POP! do you think that it is time for Funko to VAULT?

What have you seen on your local stores shelves or are you ready for a new wave of ? Sound off below!

Iron Giant Funko pops if not already vaulted.

Every single one of them are vaulted
PopPChulo

WayneNC704

Postby WayneNC704 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:44 pm

MOTU pops should start to be vaulted

StrangerPOPs

Postby StrangerPOPs » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:57 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
StrangerPOPs wrote:They should vault all season 1 starnger things pops since they make so many now and season 5 is about to come out.

That is probably a good idea.

Yeah I agree with this especially with a line like stranger things where a lot of the molds are the same characters over and over again

Hard to justify buying newer ones when its just the same figure and they have raised the prices :(

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:21 pm

I feel like they should go back to the old days with lower production numbers, vault them, then come out with a new mold like everyone else said.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:38 pm

rontonsoup wrote:I feel like they should go back to the old days with lower production numbers, vault them, then come out with a new mold like everyone else said.

Exactly because as time goes on - they get more and more advanced at making molds so it can’t hurt tbh
PopPChulo

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:09 pm

Not necessarily a single pop but at this point anything done in 2021 and before that. Vault everything that's a few years old at least.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:27 am

PopPChulo wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I feel like they should go back to the old days with lower production numbers, vault them, then come out with a new mold like everyone else said.

Exactly because as time goes on - they get more and more advanced at making molds so it can’t hurt tbh

I like how detailed the new molds are but I still love the classics.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:19 pm

The mummy pops shouod br vaulted
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:15 pm

rontonsoup wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I like how detailed the new molds are but I still love the classics.

Loving the classics are fine as long as the classics aren’t reproduced like they came out yesterday… if they are still reproduced; that doesn’t make them very “classic” lololol
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”