What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
DrunkoPop

Re: What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:56 am

willy wonka wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
They’re okay in my book. But I always favored GITD variants.

I would go 1. FLOCKED
2.GITD
3.BLACKLIGHT
4.CHROME

You forgot Metallic. And I think metallic should come before blacklight.

Oh that’s right. I totally forget. Actually Metallic would be #1 for me
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:19 pm

lavery01 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Not vault all the chrome pops? :roflmao: :roflmao: Hilarious. Not sure why the chrome variant doesn’t get much love among the masses. :-k lol

It’s kinda weird how that sentiment shifted. Lol I remember people adored chrome variants at first

They’re okay in my book. But I always favored GITD variants.

My favorite variants have always been Metallic > GITD > Flocked > Chrome but it kinda changes depending on the character because I feel like some variants make more sense then others

EDIT: I forgot about Black Light, that’s probably right after GITD for me!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:51 am

old anime pops

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:51 pm

Calico88 wrote:old anime pops

Any anime in particular you think they should vault??

I personally think it’s time for wave 1 Naruto, Wave 1 DBZ and Wave 1 MHA
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

mouth662

Postby mouth662 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:25 am

I really think they should use some type of time based system to vault things or maybe after a certain amount of waves it gets vaulted. If there was a set limit it would help ease everyone because at the moment nothing is safe from being restocked to death.

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:51 am

PopPChulo wrote:

I'm actually surprised a lot of DBZ pops haven't been vaulted yet, let alone wave 1's.

StrangerPOPs

Postby StrangerPOPs » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:55 am

They should vault all season 1 starnger things pops since they make so many now and season 5 is about to come out.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:10 pm

StrangerPOPs wrote:They should vault all season 1 starnger things pops since they make so many now and season 5 is about to come out.

That is probably a good idea.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:42 am

Chingy wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I'm actually surprised a lot of DBZ pops haven't been vaulted yet, let alone wave 1's.

Yeah lol it blows my mind that wave 1 isn’t vaulted for DBZ. Especially because at one point we were getting a dbz wave a quarter. Although they did recently vault Nappa, Raditz, Tien and Chaotzu. So we are making progress - I just think wave one of any line should vault by the time we get to wave 3 and 4.
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:43 am

rexflexall wrote:
StrangerPOPs wrote:They should vault all season 1 starnger things pops since they make so many now and season 5 is about to come out.

That is probably a good idea.

Yeah I agree with this especially with a line like stranger things where a lot of the molds are the same characters over and over again
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:00 am

Definitely 1st waves of anime pops!

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:03 pm

For sure first waves of anything should be vaulted after a year

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:07 pm

:freddy2: yeah that’s wild because dbz has so many pops and after a year of the first wave of yuyu hakusho it was all vaulted so I think they pick certain one for their reasons
PopPChulo wrote:
Chingy wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah lol it blows my mind that wave 1 isn’t vaulted for DBZ. Especially because at one point we were getting a dbz wave a quarter. Although they did recently vault Nappa, Raditz, Tien and Chaotzu. So we are making progress - I just think wave one of any line should vault by the time we get to wave 3 and 4.

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:40 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Sdivirgilio7 wrote:
Mrs_funko_junkie wrote:I think they should vault all pops after being produced for one year.

I agree. I think after a set amount of time they should vault and move on to something else. Part of collecting is exclusivity so I think it would help with keeping interest and selling.

I think that this is a EXCEPTIONAL idea. I know there is people that say "I don't want them to vault anything. I want to always be able to purchase these pops" but hear me out. What if - They vault and just come ut with new molds for pops. This will kind of gift the current collectors and also satisfy the new collectors with having a new mold of popular license

I agree as well. After a set time, everything should be vaulted.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:54 pm

Calico88 wrote::freddy2: yeah that’s wild because dbz has so many pops and after a year of the first wave of yuyu hakusho it was all vaulted so I think they pick certain one for their reasons
PopPChulo wrote:
Chingy wrote:

It is legitimately mind boggling how many dbz pops are still actively in production and not vaulted considering the amount of characters that are reprints of the same character. Lol I kind of look at it like the jordan brand, they can always retro and come out with a different version of the same shoe and they do to reward the og collectors but still allow new ones to get their hands on it. I would love for them to discontinue everything after a year when wave one drops. Like to me it is mind blowing that wave 1 of MHA is still readily available lol the molds of the pops even look a tad retro.
PopPChulo

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:39 pm

The Funko "vaulting" process is so odd. Some things never seem to get vaulted or never go up much in value. Then some become vaulted and are expensive on the secondary market really quickly.

The pandemic made it even more weird. Just for example, sets like Dinosaurs, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Bewitched, Great Mouse Detective, Gummi Bears, etc, were hard to find from the start. I don't know if any of those are actually vaulted but those are sets I still need to get.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

Brianbiz

Postby Brianbiz » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:51 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey,

What Funko POP! do you think that it is time for Funko to VAULT?

What have you seen on your local stores shelves or are you ready for a new wave of ? Sound off below!

The original Jack Skellington funko pop it’s still available after 12 years but it’s definitely one of my favorite funko pops.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:05 am

lcarus83 wrote:The Funko "vaulting" process is so odd. Some things never seem to get vaulted or never go up much in value. Then some become vaulted and are expensive on the secondary market really quickly.

The pandemic made it even more weird. Just for example, sets like Dinosaurs, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Bewitched, Great Mouse Detective, Gummi Bears, etc, were hard to find from the start. I don't know if any of those are actually vaulted but those are sets I still need to get.
Brianbiz wrote:

What have you seen on your local stores shelves or are you ready for a new wave of ? Sound off below!

The original Jack Skellington funko pop it’s still available after 12 years but it’s definitely one of my favorite funko pops.
lcarus83 wrote:The Funko "vaulting" process is so odd. Some things never seem to get vaulted or never go up much in value. Then some become vaulted and are expensive on the secondary market really quickly.

Process of vaulting is strange to me. That Jack Skellington is one. I also have a Heath Ledger Joker I got way back in 2016 & it’s barely moved and is easily available. It’s weird as heck to me. Something’s vault at Mach and some take forever. Maybe it’s licensing issues on the back end
PopPChulo

BulletproofMarsh

Postby BulletproofMarsh » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:47 pm

mouth662 wrote:I really think they should use some type of time based system to vault things or maybe after a certain amount of waves it gets vaulted. If there was a set limit it would help ease everyone because at the moment nothing is safe from being restocked to death.

Totally agree !! Every year based on license etc. they should do a retirement Vault list. Start making these collectibles again. I understand company needs to make money they still will with just the variants. Like Batman the animated series for example then they did the black light trinity Batman, joker, Harley.

https://www.instagram.com/vee_pike

Brianbiz

Postby Brianbiz » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:41 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

Brianbiz wrote:

Process of vaulting is strange to me. That Jack Skellington is one. I also have a Heath Ledger Joker I got way back in 2016 & it’s barely moved and is easily available. It’s weird as heck to me. Something’s vault at Mach and some take forever. Maybe it’s licensing issues on the back end

It’s crazy I bet if Heath Ledger Joker got vaulted the value would be super high.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:10 am

PopPChulo wrote:Process of vaulting is strange to me. That Jack Skellington is one. I also have a Heath Ledger Joker I got way back in 2016 & it’s barely moved and is easily available. It’s weird as heck to me. Something’s vault at Mach and some take forever. Maybe it’s licensing issues on the back end

I'm sure licensing has something to do with it as well as the sales numbers. For instance that Heath Ledger and Jack Skellington are Pops that have probably sold really well. It's weird that the standard Heath Ledger Joker is so cheap and easy to find whereas the Bank Robber Joker has been vaulted for a long time and is worth a lot. I remember being at Barnes & Noble when they had a bunch of those Bank Robber Jokers on the shelf. I'm glad I got ONE at least lol
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:39 am

Brianbiz wrote:

No vault probably because of popularity!

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:48 am

lcarus83 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Process of vaulting is strange to me. That Jack Skellington is one. I also have a Heath Ledger Joker I got way back in 2016 & it’s barely moved and is easily available. It’s weird as heck to me. Something’s vault at Mach and some take forever. Maybe it’s licensing issues on the back end

I'm sure licensing has something to do with it as well as the sales numbers. For instance that Heath Ledger and Jack Skellington are Pops that have probably sold really well. It's weird that the standard Heath Ledger Joker is so cheap and easy to find whereas the Bank Robber Joker has been vaulted for a long time and is worth a lot. I remember being at Barnes & Noble when they had a bunch of those Bank Robber Jokers on the shelf. I'm glad I got ONE at least lol

Sales numbers for sure. If something is evergreen, it wouldn't make sense to make it unavailable.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:04 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
I would go 1. FLOCKED
2.GITD
3.BLACKLIGHT
4.CHROME

You forgot Metallic. And I think metallic should come before blacklight.

Oh that’s right. I totally forget. Actually Metallic would be #1 for me

Oh yeah!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:01 pm

BulletproofMarsh wrote:
mouth662 wrote:I really think they should use some type of time based system to vault things or maybe after a certain amount of waves it gets vaulted. If there was a set limit it would help ease everyone because at the moment nothing is safe from being restocked to death.

Totally agree !! Every year based on license etc. they should do a retirement Vault list. Start making these collectibles again. I understand company needs to make money they still will with just the variants. Like Batman the animated series for example then they did the black light trinity Batman, joker, Harley.

Yeah, I kinda feel like Funko POP! Should be similar to Trading Cards in the sense that they come out with new waves each year and if a major character is selling really really well, just produce a different mold. I don’t know if it has something with costs or what, but it seems like it would be really easy to produce another mold especially if it has a slight different (for example Goku regular and maybe next mold is Goku battle damaged or Goku exhausted) suddle changes but still allow for the collectibility to be there. I’m someone who holds my clllectibles for a very very long time so occasionally it can be disheartening to hold something for 5-10 years and see it’s at retail because it’s still readily available
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:04 pm

Brianbiz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Brianbiz wrote:The original Jack Skellington funko pop it’s still available after 12 years but it’s definitely one of my favorite funko pops.

It’s crazy I bet if Heath Ledger Joker got vaulted the value would be super high.

I agree, I got him back in 2016 and was excited but it was before I had real deep knowledge in collecting. I remember being excited to have him because I knew one day he would be discontinued & be a very sought after collectible that I’d have the pride of owning but that day never came lol then I started to realize he wasn’t going to be discontinued any time soon.
PopPChulo

Anhtrung05

Postby Anhtrung05 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:53 pm

I understand why pops should be vaulted, but I am trying to collect all the pops so I really don’t want any of them to be vaulted. Lol

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:46 pm

Every anime funko pop 2 waves only make it you snooze you lose

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:30 pm

Anhtrung05 wrote:I understand why pops should be vaulted, but I am trying to collect all the pops so I really don’t want any of them to be vaulted. Lol

*ALL* The POPs? That's a tall order right there.

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:47 pm

I would like them to unvault some of the older sports pops would be cool to have grabbed some of the greats
ImageImageImageImage

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:10 pm

They should automatically vault all pops after X amount of time. I’m not sure what that timeframe should be but big enough for most to get it and some stragglers. Then after that in the vault it goes. There it should stay for a little bit and if collectors really calls for something (like do a poll with options to bring back certain pieces and see which one wins) to be brought out do like they did with the Star Wars box to make it completely different and in a limited fashion. That way Newer collector still have a chance of getting something they missed out on but it maintains the collectible aspect.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:55 pm

DFWFunkoHunter wrote:They should automatically vault all pops after X amount of time. I’m not sure what that timeframe should be but big enough for most to get it and some stragglers. Then after that in the vault it goes. There it should stay for a little bit and if collectors really calls for something (like do a poll with options to bring back certain pieces and see which one wins) to be brought out do like they did with the Star Wars box to make it completely different and in a limited fashion. That way Newer collector still have a chance of getting something they missed out on but it maintains the collectible aspect.

I know the company of course has to make revenue but I can’t see why it can’t be one year delivery & then one year circulation and after that 24 months, vault - I think 2 years is more than enough for anyone to get what they want. I used to love when they started small and introduced lines. In a perfect world, I’d love fr the series 1 waves to be even shorter - maybe 6 months deliveries and vault after a year so it gives the ppl a sense of urgency
PopPChulo

Brianbiz

Postby Brianbiz » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Brianbiz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I agree, I got him back in 2016 and was excited but it was before I had real deep knowledge in collecting. I remember being excited to have him because I knew one day he would be discontinued & be a very sought after collectible that I’d have the pride of owning but that day never came lol then I started to realize he wasn’t going to be discontinued any time soon.

Hopefully one day lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:14 am

DFWFunkoHunter wrote:They should automatically vault all pops after X amount of time. I’m not sure what that timeframe should be but big enough for most to get it and some stragglers. Then after that in the vault it goes. There it should stay for a little bit and if collectors really calls for something (like do a poll with options to bring back certain pieces and see which one wins) to be brought out do like they did with the Star Wars box to make it completely different and in a limited fashion. That way Newer collector still have a chance of getting something they missed out on but it maintains the collectible aspect.

You would figure after like 3 or 4 years a Pop would just vault, right? But Funko likes them dollar bills! LOL

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:45 pm

rexflexall wrote:

You would figure after like 3 or 4 years a Pop would just vault, right? But Funko likes them dollar bills! LOL

Lol I still find it weird because you can just take the same character and make a updated mold. I mean tbh some of these readily available older ones look a little outdated compared to the updated molds. They’ve really stepped their game up design wise
PopPChulo

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:35 am

El_PANDA wrote:I would like them to unvault some of the older sports pops would be cool to have grabbed some of the greats

the kobe bryant pops that got vaulted could use an unvault of some sort, finding one at a reasonable price is so expensive

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:18 am

bitmap wrote:
El_PANDA wrote:I would like them to unvault some of the older sports pops would be cool to have grabbed some of the greats

the kobe bryant pops that got vaulted could use an unvault of some sort, finding one at a reasonable price is so expensive

They haven't drop any Kobe for a long time. But would you rather have a old mold or a good new mold?
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:23 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
bitmap wrote:

They haven't drop any Kobe for a long time. But would you rather have a old mold or a good new mold?

Because I am fond of the shoe game - I’m usually a person that likes the idea of the og staying the og and them just doing a new updated mold. Kudos to Funko because as time gets on - their mold and attention to detail is getting more and more advanced. So I think it’s only right to have updated molds tbh.
PopPChulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:52 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
bitmap wrote:

Because I am fond of the shoe game - I’m usually a person that likes the idea of the og staying the og and them just doing a new updated mold. Kudos to Funko because as time gets on - their mold and attention to detail is getting more and more advanced. So I think it’s only right to have updated molds tbh.

I 100% agree. That’s one of the reasons why I jumped on the Funko train, the detail was getting better by the day.
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:06 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I 100% agree. That’s one of the reasons why I jumped on the Funko train, the detail was getting better by the day.

Yeah, that’s why I think it’s important to vault previous editions and introduce new variants to the market. I personally would love to see Heath ledgers joker now with the experience and tenure funko has with molds. Tbh though; that could easily be made into a reality with a NFT Release as it does seem like they’ve been tapping into older licenses for some of these nft releases
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”