Your favorite pop?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Vader92

Re: The one pop that made you happy

Postby Vader92 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:59 am

For me it would have to be John wick chase variant.
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:17 am

Randy Watson makes me happy every time is see him

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:45 am

I was pretty stoked to get my Gladiator Hulk signed by Greg Pak. Also buying Dr. Manhattan.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:46 am

Awesome thread djwu!

I have several Pop!s in my collection that bring me happiness, but there are two that do give me the most joy.

The first one being my Emerald Chrome Freddy from HQ Grand Opening. I stood in line with Funatic friends I had met years prior at SDCC and it was my first ever Funko event. I remember being so amazed at how fun a day it was and it’s when I first met many of the Funatics I now call close friends today.

The second is actually a Pop! Two Pack, the Buff Rick and Summer ECCC 2017 Exclusive. It was the first exclusive I was able to get of my favorite line I collect. It also came by way of my first ever trade and happened locally. Little did I know that guy I traded with and his group of friends would all become my friends and guys I talk to almost every day about collecting and everything else in life. What’s up Busters? lol
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:54 am

Tough question but if I had to give an answer... i'd say my first Uglydoll chase pop (Wage). The moment I saw these pops I vowed to complete, at least, the Uglydoll chase collection (SDCC and non-SDCC). I am almost finished completing the chase set (only missing 3). It has been a long journey for sure (about 2-3 years now), but fun and I am very happy every time I get to add another one to the collection!
ISO: Funko Pop! Uglydoll Ice-Bat chases (SDCC and Non-SDCC) :freddy2:

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:29 am

That’s really tough!! I honestly have so many that I look at and smile sooooo I can’t choose.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:34 am

Xerus wrote:
BenLo wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:Super Grover is one of my favorite pops, I for it as my first pop to start where I fully started collecting pops.

That's awesome! He's actually one of my faves too sitting at my work desk. :razz:

Sick.

He’s one of the few pops I wouldn’t sell
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:47 am

racheva wrote:
Swatrob wrote:My wife is a huge Hannibal fan, I was able to get another awesome collector to snag me one while he was purchasing stuff at the booth during Sdcc

That's sweet! I love funatics helping each other out. And your wife has excellent taste!

I haven’t been able to get into the booth for years but I’ve been able to snag a few I really wanted because of awesome funatics
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

ckjohns85

Postby ckjohns85 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:58 am

I love all my pops.. but I'd have to say that the ones that make me happiest are my very first one, Daenerys and the Sailor Moon collection. After I got my first one, I constantly wished for Sailor Moon. When they came out, I had to get every single one!!!
Colette :cat:

Fundays 2019 second place hula contest!

Image Image

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:32 am

I'll be able to answer this once I get my hands on The Office Pop! ;)

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:33 am

Mine would probably be The 10'' Pikachu because I love Pokémon since I was a kid.
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:44 am

Aladdin - first wish movie moment! Saw it and fell in love immediately. Also the first pop my wife bought for me for our wedding anniversary
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:46 am

Rainbow Brite! This was the first pop I asked for when I started collecting some years ago.

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:47 am

Mjacob78 wrote:That’s really tough!! I honestly have so many that I look at and smile sooooo I can’t choose.

It's very rare that I walk into my pop room and not smile!

Suprmike6

Postby Suprmike6 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 pm

It might be because it's my most recent purchase but the Marty McFly Canadian Convention Exclusive makes me so happy. I was keeping an eye on ebay for it but wanted to see if anyone at WonderCon had it first. There was literally 1 on the floor at WonderCon. While having lunch, waiting for a friend, on a whim I decided to check OfferUp and see how much they were going for on there. Found one close to home, agreed on a price ($13 lower than the 1 on the floor), told him I couldn't pick up until Monday because I was at a Con. Turns out he was there as well, he brought it with him the next day and delivered it. I think the story behind how you get some rare Pop!s make you like them that much more.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Really great thread idea. A lot of them make me smile but the Mickey Mouse colorways are a big favorite of mine right now. I really like looking at the whole set.
Hi! I’m Eric

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:35 pm

I would narrow mine down to three. Dyno-mutt and Blue Falcon. They were my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. The third would be Kitty Pryde and Lock-heed. Kitty might be my favorite X-Man ever. I was very happy that she was made, I would love an early 90s Shadowcat variant, but I digress.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Pretty much all of our pops make me happy when we get them, but the one that stands out the most is the Dez Bryant pop I gave to my brother for his birthday. He doesn’t collect pops but was very happy to have this one given to him. His smile made me smile....
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Oh it's so hard to single out just one! I'd have to say it was one of the first Marvel Movie Moments, Hulkbuster Smashing Loki. That scene made me laugh so hard in the cinema, never imagined I would get to see it in Pop form!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:50 pm

My favorite find was Daenerys with the red dragon error. I still like it better than the actual red/ green one that ended up not being the error. My favorite trade was getting GITD Ragnarok Thor. Also traded for a Frost Giant Loki which was pretty cool.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:Finding a yellow symbol error Batman back in the day was great! Also really glad to get comic book Thor recently. Think it’s just a really good looking pop!

Comic book Thor looks really good! His helmet is so shiny.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm

Gooker1 wrote:I'll be able to answer this once I get my hands on The Office Pop! ;)

Yeah, I feel like that one would feel so nice since the wait for it has been so long.
Jenny

likquidpopx

Postby likquidpopx » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Chase Eleven - Stranger Things. I was obsessed with hunting for the chase. Ordered a bunch in hopes of getting it and eventually just bought it off ebay. In my baseball bat case til this day!
Orange County, CA
Instagram: FunkoPopx

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:53 pm

KidMarvel wrote:Aladdin - first wish movie moment! Saw it and fell in love immediately. Also the first pop my wife bought for me for our wedding anniversary

That's a good one! I was super tempted to get it too and felt like I needed to collect the Aladdin line once those new pops came out. Self control is a tough thing.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:02 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:Oh it's so hard to single out just one! I'd have to say it was one of the first Marvel Movie Moments, Hulkbuster Smashing Loki. That scene made me laugh so hard in the cinema, never imagined I would get to see it in Pop form!

Definitely a good moment that I'm glad they made into pop form!
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:03 pm

lavery01 wrote:Pretty much all of our pops make me happy when we get them, but the one that stands out the most is the Dez Bryant pop I gave to my brother for his birthday. He doesn’t collect pops but was very happy to have this one given to him. His smile made me smile....

Nice! I've definitely gifted quite a few pops over the years to people who don't collect them. Especially the ones that are getting up there in price.. Even though they have no idea what it's worth, it's pretty cool to see them on their shelves.
Jenny

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm

My most recent one is definitely Jollybee. Gifted from another funatic during secret santa. Always went to Jollibee any chance I had growing up, and wanted one since pics first surfaced.

Playthatfunkomusic

Postby Playthatfunkomusic » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Indiana Jones! Had always felt a bit too pricey for me but at the start of the year I decided to put away 20 bucks a week until I had enough to get him and last month the stars lined up and gave me a 15% Ebay coupon and a great seller so that I could finally have my mint Indy for a reasonable price! Ever since getting it I just feel like I finally have what I want :)

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Freddy Flux Fission! The Flux line debuted when I didn't even know Fundays was a thing so I thought it would be a mainstay on my wishlist. I was really happy I was able to trade for him.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:24 pm

I couldn't narrow it down so I broke it up into 3 categories:

Pops I received as a gift: SDCC Xenomorph/Predator
Pop I got from the Funko Booth: SDCC Indiana Jones
Pop from Fundays: Freddy Kylo Ren

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:39 pm

It's hard to pick just one pop but there's something about just walking into our room of pops that just makes me happy. They are all special in their own way :)

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:39 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:I'll be able to answer this once I get my hands on The Office Pop! ;)

Yeah, I feel like that one would feel so nice since the wait for it has been so long.

Exactly. All time favorite TV show and so many folks have been asking for them for forever. Can't Wait!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:40 pm

og joker pop

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:37 pm

I love how some people just have common pops for what made them happy.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:43 pm

The one Pop that makes me happy is Tony the Tiger. Brings back my childhood memories of eating the cereal and going to school. Simpler times!

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

djwu

Postby djwu » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:41 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Awesome thread djwu!

I have several Pop!s in my collection that bring me happiness, but there are two that do give me the most joy.

The first one being my Emerald Chrome Freddy from HQ Grand Opening. I stood in line with Funatic friends I had met years prior at SDCC and it was my first ever Funko event. I remember being so amazed at how fun a day it was and it’s when I first met many of the Funatics I now call close friends today.

The second is actually a Pop! Two Pack, the Buff Rick and Summer ECCC 2017 Exclusive. It was the first exclusive I was able to get of my favorite line I collect. It also came by way of my first ever trade and happened locally. Little did I know that guy I traded with and his group of friends would all become my friends and guys I talk to almost every day about collecting and everything else in life. What’s up Busters? lol

That is awesome! Yeah figure we can use some positivity for sure! Those are really awesome pops and glad to see so many pops stand out for various reasons from meeting great friends to just great memories
Image Image

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Found tali earlier this year at a swap meet for 12 bucks. Box was still in good condition. I was one happy camper for sure. Also got robocop last year and judge dredd as well. One of the best moments for me.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:43 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Aladdin - first wish movie moment! Saw it and fell in love immediately. Also the first pop my wife bought for me for our wedding anniversary

That's a good one! I was super tempted to get it too and felt like I needed to collect the Aladdin line once those new pops came out. Self control is a tough thing.

Yeah I totally agree, running out of space to store/display pops and had to reign in the buying.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 pm

The Notorious B.I.G. Followed by Jacob Frye (uncloaked).
PLEASE be careful of fake POPs! and clickbait videos about POPs!

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Yassiefay4 wrote:It's hard to pick just one pop but there's something about just walking into our room of pops that just makes me happy. They are all special in their own way :)

I feel the same way. I love walking into my Funko room and reliving so many memories. I typically buy pops from events that I am lucky to attend or pops of characters that I loved when I was younger. Each one is a little reminder/memory in its own way.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

Return to “Pop!”