SDCC Toucan Exclusive Pop and Pop PEZ

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: SDCC Toucan Exclusive Pop and Pop PEZ

Postby Katers » Mon May 29, 2023 2:55 am

funkopopfanatic wrote:
Katers wrote:
funkopopfanatic wrote:I’ve always wondered about this!! Some of the ideas people have come up with on here are so good and I’ve always wondered if they’ve ever been made.

I've seen so many things we've talked about in here end up being something I purchase further down the line. I'm sure it's coincidental, and the products had been in the works for quite awhile before we brought it up here. But in the odd event that we helped get some of the cool things made? Well...way to go, us! \:D/

Exactly. It’s still very neat it happened at all :))

Just another aspect of the Fun in Funko! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 29, 2023 2:56 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I think we should be open to Marvel and DC, they have the SDCC Batman with bag. So I think DC is definitely on the list.

DC should be on the list, we also have Wonder Woman with her Funko bag. What we really need is a Toucan holding one of the free WB bags. Maybe the Flash for this year?

No Flash, I just can't with flash. Now a supernatural bag! Imagine how cute it would be if he wore it a backpack, then you have to take him out.

Oh they could also have different bags, don't know what you get until you buy it.

Does it help if I ask which Flash we're dealing with? Cause I have lots of thoughts on that one.... lol

I would LOVE if they gave us different WB bags. Could you imagine the trading going on just outside the booth? Security would go nuts trying to move us along! :roflmao:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 29, 2023 2:59 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
DC should be on the list, we also have Wonder Woman with her Funko bag. What we really need is a Toucan holding one of the free WB bags. Maybe the Flash for this year?

No Flash, I just can't with flash. Now a supernatural bag! Imagine how cute it would be if he wore it a backpack, then you have to take him out.

Oh they could also have different bags, don't know what you get until you buy it.

So you’re saying the Toucan has baggage?

Doesn't everyone that attends SDCC year after year? And really, if you don't have baggage, you didn't do the show floor correctly! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:01 am

Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Doesn't everyone that attends SDCC year after year? And really, if you don't have baggage, you didn't do the show floor correctly! :mir1:

Touché! lol
Hi! I’m Eric

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon May 29, 2023 1:14 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Touché! lol

I went from one mid-sized suitcase the first year to two maxed-sized suitcases, carry-on, and a backpack. Toucan gets me. Maybe we need a Youcan with suitcases.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Mon May 29, 2023 1:35 pm

NCDS wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Touché! lol

I went from one mid-sized suitcase the first year to two maxed-sized suitcases, carry-on, and a backpack. Toucan gets me. Maybe we need a Youcan with suitcases.

Loungefly should be on that lol
To fit all our toucans !
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Mon May 29, 2023 2:39 pm

Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Lol for sure!! Last year we had to buy 2 more suitcases from Target and have them delivered to the hotel!!!
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon May 29, 2023 7:15 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Lol for sure!! Last year we had to buy 2 more suitcases from Target and have them delivered to the hotel!!!

That just means we need a Toucan and Bullseye with suitcases. Bulley can have the handle in his mouth like he is helping you out.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon May 29, 2023 7:15 pm

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Touché! lol

To fit all our toucans !

Loungfly SDCC Toucan Suitcases would be gold!
ISO Pockets Snapsie

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Mon May 29, 2023 8:03 pm

NCDS wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

To fit all our toucans !

I filled out the form for merch suggestions! Let’s hope within the next few years we see it!
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon May 29, 2023 10:44 pm

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
To fit all our toucans !

I filled out the form for merch suggestions! Let’s hope within the next few years we see it!

I hope so I now really want to match my suitcases to my backpack. If they put the Toucan on them then I can have a matching pop also.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 30, 2023 1:23 am

NCDS wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Touché! lol

Toucan with backpack, suitcase, poster tube and a random tote bag from the show floor, bursting at the seams! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 30, 2023 1:25 am

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Touché! lol

To fit all our toucans !

Agreed, but let's do it as a bundle at the con! Loungefly bag that will fit (and keep safe!) our pops, and a bag themed Toucan! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 30, 2023 1:29 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

That is some SERIOUS baggage, I'm impressed! I've thus far been able to make do with expanding my suitcase, and a random free tote bag or two. I didn't really start having these problems until I started buying pops at SDCC....I wonder if there's a correlation to these things? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 30, 2023 1:31 am

NCDS wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

To fit all our toucans !

I have never needed this more...! :mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:09 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
To fit all our toucans !

I have never needed this more...! :mir1: :mir1: :mir1:

Lol yes I agree
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:54 am

Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

These ideas are great. Probably to late for this year but next year I hope they are watching.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 30, 2023 10:44 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

These ideas are great. Probably to late for this year but next year I hope they are watching.

Imagine if they lined it up with the WB bags for that year. Though then we need more designs than just the two they did last year.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue May 30, 2023 11:13 am

NCDS wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Imagine if they lined it up with the WB bags for that year. Though then we need more designs than just the two they did last year.

Bag tie in’s are a great idea! What about a Toucan wearing the official yearly SDCC tshirt?
Hi! I’m Eric

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:09 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Bag tie in’s are a great idea! What about a Toucan wearing the official yearly SDCC tshirt?

Those are really great ideas if they could pull that off with licensing. Or if they just had a SDCC specific bag that they could control the design for they could get it out to Funko with enough time. They did a great job with the Hall H Freddy.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 30, 2023 12:13 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

The problem with that is I usually dont' like their shirt design. I did but the 50th shirt but the company made it weird
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:04 pm

It's funny, I've known about SDCC for a long time but had no idea the Toucan existed until I began collecting funko

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue May 30, 2023 7:01 pm

funkopopfanatic wrote:
mattytreks wrote:A flocked GITD Toucan in a Funko Tee, with a Loungefly backpack, holding a Funko bag in one hand and a Mondo poster tube in the other would be the SDCC Toucan to end all SDCC Toucans ;-)

That is all.

Omg lol this is so perfect. They need to do this.

If they do, we all win! :)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 31, 2023 12:22 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

I guess anything IS possible with Funko....I'm not usually hoping that THEY are watching, and yet, here we are! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 31, 2023 12:25 am

NCDS wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Those bags are already their own brand of chaos, I can't imagine adding to it. But I'm certainly willing to try! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 31, 2023 12:45 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Those are really great ideas if they could pull that off with licensing. Or if they just had a SDCC specific bag that they could control the design for they could get it out to Funko with enough time. They did a great job with the Hall H Freddy.

If ever there was a year for it, I feel like this is it! We are, after all, having a major anniversary! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

funkopopfanatic

Postby funkopopfanatic » Wed May 31, 2023 12:47 am

Mjacob78 wrote:Lol for sure!! Last year we had to buy 2 more suitcases from Target and have them delivered to the hotel!!!

I believe it! One year we shipped home 4 large moving boxes full of stuff and my large SUV was still full! Another year we had 6 bellman carts full of stuff we had to fit into our SUV. We had a crowd of people watching us but we did it lol. Good times haha
SDCC Since 2007, Fundays 2018 & 2023!
Collecting Funko since 2011

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 31, 2023 12:47 am

Meowmix4 wrote:It's funny, I've known about SDCC for a long time but had no idea the Toucan existed until I began collecting funko

Similar here - I knew about him, but he was just a character on a shirt that I may or may not buy, depending on the design. Now he's a must-have!
Image ImageImage Image

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Wed May 31, 2023 1:16 am

Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

If ever there was a year for it, I feel like this is it! We are, after all, having a major anniversary! \:D/

My wallet is already crying by reading all of this lol
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 31, 2023 2:47 am

x3r0 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

My wallet is already not speaking to me in anticipation of SDCC. lol
Image ImageImage Image

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed May 31, 2023 8:50 am

Katers wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's why I only talk with my credit cards....

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:07 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Plastic. Got it. lol

How appropriate with what it can do for happiness lol

And good morning toucan all!

It’s starting to remind me of Stan Lee with different looks. I know this may be late to suggest but what if it had a toucan subtle homage to him? Wearing an excelsior shirt or graphic on it.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 am

x3r0 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Plastic. Got it. lol

It’s starting to remind me of Stan Lee with different looks. I know this may be late to suggest but what if it had a toucan subtle homage to him? Wearing an excelsior shirt or graphic on it.

I could totally see a Stan Lee Toucan. Excelsior shirt, glasses, mustache! Great idea.
Hi! I’m Eric

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:03 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Plastic. Got it. lol

I could totally see a Stan Lee Toucan. Excelsior shirt, glasses, mustache! Great idea.

That would be cool. I got to see him do a panel at a Philly convention years ago. He is such a legend. Best tribute to him has to be in Spiderverse, I get misty eyed every time I see it.

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:07 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Plastic. Got it. lol

That would be cool. I got to see him do a panel at a Philly convention years ago. He is such a legend. Best tribute to him has to be in Spiderverse, I get misty eyed every time I see it.

He definitely a legend. I was fortunate to meet and greet him during la comic con. My friend convinced me to do it when I was in a stump with life. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t do it, since it was very tight on funds at the time.

Definitely nice tribute and I get misty eye too.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:13 pm

x3r0 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

He definitely a legend. I was fortunate to meet and greet him during la comic con. My friend convinced me to do it when I was in a stump with life. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t do it, since it was very tight on funds at the time.

That is awesome you got that chance. I am sure it was worth it overall even if money was a bit tight back then. I certainly wish I did.

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:38 pm

Katers wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:It's funny, I've known about SDCC for a long time but had no idea the Toucan existed until I began collecting funko

Similar here - I knew about him, but he was just a character on a shirt that I may or may not buy, depending on the design. Now he's a must-have!

It's one thing to have the convention stickers but getting the mascot pop is probably the biggest reminder that you attended the convention that year

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Wed May 31, 2023 2:08 pm

Meowmix4 wrote:
Katers wrote:

It's one thing to have the convention stickers but getting the mascot pop is probably the biggest reminder that you attended the convention that year

that is a very good way looking at it (for any collectible).. \:D/
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Wed May 31, 2023 2:09 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

That is awesome you got that chance. I am sure it was worth it overall even if money was a bit tight back then. I certainly wish I did.

It's a humbling moment for sure. But made me feel so sad to see how exhausted he look to be honest, I was worried about his well being.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Wed May 31, 2023 10:38 pm

x3r0 wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:
Katers wrote:

that is a very good way looking at it (for any collectible).. \:D/

Not often you see the convention mascot as a collectible either haha

Actually does that exist with any other collectible company?

Return to “Pop!”