SDCC Toucan Exclusive Pop and Pop PEZ

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: SDCC Toucan Exclusive Pop and Pop PEZ

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:23 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
My wallet is already crying by reading all of this lol

My wallet is already not speaking to me in anticipation of SDCC. lol

That's why I only talk with my credit cards....

They're still mad at me from Wondercon! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:31 am

x3r0 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
My wallet is already not speaking to me in anticipation of SDCC. lol

That's why I only talk with my credit cards....

Plastic. Got it. lol

How appropriate with what it can do for happiness lol

And good morning toucan all!

It’s starting to remind me of Stan Lee with different looks. I know this may be late to suggest but what if it had a toucan subtle homage to him? Wearing an excelsior shirt or graphic on it.

It's never too late for Toucan ideas or Stan Lee ideas! Admittedly, it would've been perfect last year for his 100th....but I don't think any of us would turn it down at 101! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:36 am

Meowmix4 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:It's funny, I've known about SDCC for a long time but had no idea the Toucan existed until I began collecting funko

Similar here - I knew about him, but he was just a character on a shirt that I may or may not buy, depending on the design. Now he's a must-have!

It's one thing to have the convention stickers but getting the mascot pop is probably the biggest reminder that you attended the convention that year

So far my biggest keepsakes from conventions end up being badges and pops! The tshirts may or may not last. The pops are definitely the best visual I'm left with, post-con! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:06 am

Katers wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Similar here - I knew about him, but he was just a character on a shirt that I may or may not buy, depending on the design. Now he's a must-have!

It's one thing to have the convention stickers but getting the mascot pop is probably the biggest reminder that you attended the convention that year

So far my biggest keepsakes from conventions end up being badges and pops! The tshirts may or may not last. The pops are definitely the best visual I'm left with, post-con! \:D/

I agree completely. No matter the Con I try to walk away with at least one Pop as a keepsake of it.

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:12 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:

I agree completely. No matter the Con I try to walk away with at least one Pop as a keepsake of it.

That’s a good idea especially for smaller cons. I think I’ll try to adopt that mentality too

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:17 pm

Meowmix4 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That’s a good idea especially for smaller cons. I think I’ll try to adopt that mentality too

I normally stash whatever wristbands I acquired at that Con and keep them sticking out as a reminder of which one it was.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:

Pops are such a big part of my convention experience anymore. It's either buying a pop, or getting one signed. No matter what, these figures have great memories attached to them!
Image ImageImage Image

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:16 am

Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Pops are such a big part of my convention experience anymore. It's either buying a pop, or getting one signed. No matter what, these figures have great memories attached to them!

I have not tried for signatures in the past, mainly cause I don't bring any Pops! with me that I already have. Though this year I did buy a Kevin Smith Pop I am going to bring to try and get his signature. My friend got me James McaVoy after a Conan taping once which was pretty cool.

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:12 am

I love collecting these every year! I hope this continues.

I haven't seen a PEZ in several years though- but a 3ltr soda would be SICK
SDCC 1996-current - Wondercon 2012-current - LACC 2021-current - ECCC '22 - Niagara Falls Con '22 - Designer Con '23
FunKon Hollywood '21 - Pasadena Con 2023-current - FunKon 2 HQ '22 - WonderCon Beach Bash '22 - Funkoville SDCC '22 & '23 -
WonderCon Fun House '23 - Back to the Beginning: Bob's Big Boy Meetup '24 - Comic-Con Revolution '24

Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:57 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I have not tried for signatures in the past, mainly cause I don't bring any Pops! with me that I already have. Though this year I did buy a Kevin Smith Pop I am going to bring to try and get his signature. My friend got me James McaVoy after a Conan taping once which was pretty cool.

From what I've seen of Kevin, he will literally sign anything...and I do mean anything! Lucky that he'll be there doing podcasts and offsites at SDCC.

I can't think of anyone I would want to sign a Toucan pop, which makes any new Toucans significantly easier to deal with in the future. Assuming the booth is kind, of course!
Image ImageImage Image

Steelo99

Postby Steelo99 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:57 pm

Oh really nice

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:37 am

Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

From what I've seen of Kevin, he will literally sign anything...and I do mean anything! Lucky that he'll be there doing podcasts and offsites at SDCC.

I can't think of anyone I would want to sign a Toucan pop, which makes any new Toucans significantly easier to deal with in the future. Assuming the booth is kind, of course!

I have gotten that sense from him. My friends and I are doing Disneyland / LA before SDCC so hoping we can go to one of his Podcast tapings up there to avoid the craziness. I am also an East Coast guy so I may go to one of the events he throws at the movie theater he purchased.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:44 pm

Strending625 wrote:SDCC Toucan Pop and Pop PEZ announced by Brian today on Twitter

:freddy1: Am I the only one creeped out by this pop. Like I'm not sure if its the eyes but the one on the pez scares me. Still one of coolest pops to show up. I enjoy being scared. :compress:

Return to “Pop!”