Tennis Pop!s?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ocwankenobi

Re: Tennis Pop!s?

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm

shadow and flame wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
stayf3d wrote:
Agassi would make for a great pop, can also do a chase for when he had long hair haha

Wonder if they'll have sports moments where they face each other

Oh wow not a bad idea to have the tennis court and the players face off. I can see it happening with other individual sports also like boxing or wrestling.

Can make the court interchangeable. This wouldn't be a bad idea for soccer and baseball and basically all sports lol.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

xplummerx

Postby xplummerx » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:11 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
in a scene where they set up a court in the streets of NYC haha

How cool was that?!? Was hoping to see Agassi were some traditional wacky attire with neon colors

You want some denim shorts and lava shoes ?

Image is everything lol.

Oh, I've got your lava shoes right here! Found this pair last year that matches the pair I had in high school back in 1990 when I was a huge Agassi fan.
Member of the KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Lover of all things Cthulhu

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:23 pm

xplummerx wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:
How cool was that?!? Was hoping to see Agassi were some traditional wacky attire with neon colors

Image is everything lol.

Oh, I've got your lava shoes right here! Found this pair last year that matches the pair I had in high school back in 1990 when I was a huge Agassi fan.

All I know is if you sported those on the court (for the Godly at the time 94.99 price) you better be a darn good player.

I had a little extra bump in motivation to beat anyone sporting those red ones. The orange ones were cool too. I liked this generation much more than the next gen with the purple and black line that goes all over the place.

xplummerx

Postby xplummerx » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:45 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
xplummerx wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

Image is everything lol.

All I know is if you sported those on the court (for the Godly at the time 94.99 price) you better be a darn good player.

I had a little extra bump in motivation to beat anyone sporting those red ones. The orange ones were cool too. I liked this generation much more than the next gen with the purple and black line that goes all over the place.

I never actually played tennis (except with my brother), but I was a huge fan of watching the sport. These were my good school shoes...heck, I even had the matching shirt and shorts that had the hot pink spandex shorts under.

Agassi was never the greatest player, but he sure was fun to watch and looked like a rock star when he took the court.
Member of the KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Lover of all things Cthulhu

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 pm

xplummerx wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
xplummerx wrote:Oh, I've got your lava shoes right here! Found this pair last year that matches the pair I had in high school back in 1990 when I was a huge Agassi fan.

I never actually played tennis (except with my brother), but I was a huge fan of watching the sport. These were my good school shoes...heck, I even had the matching shirt and shorts that had the hot pink spandex shorts under.

Agassi was never the greatest player, but he sure was fun to watch and looked like a rock star when he took the court.

Yeah.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:33 am

masonfunkocarr wrote:
xplummerx wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

Yeah.

I was a ballboy in the 1990s for an Agassi match. He threw his shirt into the stands. And no one would let is go. So it became like an upper deck card. People were crying in happiness taking 2 inch pieces of the shirt. Image is everything.

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:45 am

I'd buy 4 Merots

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am

Saw something here requesting for a Pop Moment or Pop Town! We would need a tennis court or basketball at least for the next set of releases.. these will look great...
Also a new Roger Federer Pop which will detail more on his RF logo (Same request with Nadal)
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:35 am

philipali wrote:Saw something here requesting for a Pop Moment or Pop Town! We would need a tennis court or basketball at least for the next set of releases.. these will look great...
Also a new Roger Federer Pop which will detail more on his RF logo (Same request with Nadal)

Hope they make a Wimbledon Federer in his serve pose
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:48 am

stayf3d wrote:
philipali wrote:Saw something here requesting for a Pop Moment or Pop Town! We would need a tennis court or basketball at least for the next set of releases.. these will look great...

I sure hope so :D Nadal vs Federer moment
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:01 pm

philipali wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

Yeah. Would make a great pop moment for Tennis.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:16 pm

stayf3d wrote:

The Wimbledon pose I would want is him holding the trophy above his head.

While getting more RF logo would be cool, I don't know if that is possible since he switched from Nike to Uniqlo.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:44 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

While getting more RF logo would be cool, I don't know if that is possible since he switched from Nike to Uniqlo.

The trophy pose would be neat to see, guess they would need a new style box that was taller though.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:14 am

digithor wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

The trophy pose would be neat to see, guess they would need a new style box that was taller though.

Well keep doing new box so I would think they will
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:05 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
digithor wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

Well keep doing new box so I would think they will

Suppose they could just have the trophy in the box that you would just set on top also. Kind of like how they are doing the mech godzilla shop exclusive.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:50 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:
philipali wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

Yeah. Would make a great pop moment for Tennis.

Yeah.. We need those tennis center courts moments together with NBA Courtside Rings :D Was inspired to post this because i so love my WWE Ring with Rock and Stone Cold in it
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:51 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

He got his RF logo already... He is in total control of it :) That is why Uniqlo was able to sell those RF caps
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:51 am

philipali wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

He got his RF logo already... He is in total control of it :) That is why Uniqlo was able to sell those RF caps

I didn't know that thanks ! Much better than the US soccer players who have to wear generic uniforms for some unknown situation between funko and us soccer. it makes me sad.

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:05 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
philipali wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

I didn't know that thanks ! Much better than the US soccer players who have to wear generic uniforms for some unknown situation between funko and us soccer. it makes me sad.

probably it has to do with licenses :)
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:27 am

stayf3d wrote:

100% this!
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:36 am

We sure hope so! Im excted because we already have a WWE ring... So hopefully a tennis court or basketball hoops soon
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:01 am

Measured Mayhem wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

100% this!

Wow that would be awesome to have
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 am

totally agree! :D