New Pop Line - Saint Seiya!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ratattack

New Pop Line - Saint Seiya!

Postby Ratattack » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:25 am

I searched carefully, but I couldn't find a topic dedicated to the newly announced Saint Seiya Pop! Line.

This line was recently announced during Toy Fair New York 2020 and I couldn't be happier.

I definitely remember watching this as a young child growing up in South America. This show is an older anime from the 80s; but fortunately in the 90s, it made its way to South America for me to enjoy :)

If you are into astrology or don't really follow it but find it entertaining at the very least or just simply enjoy anime, this show is for you! You can actually enjoy it now if you have a Netflix subscription. They have a solid library composed of some of the original episodes and also the newly adapted ones.

I can't believe they are finally here, and I hope that we get an expansion after this first wave. Please, let us know of your excitement and stories. Also, please share any ideas you might have in regards to the future of this New Pop! Line. There are a lot of possibilities and I would love to hear them! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Here is the concept art revealed during TFNY 2020.

Just to grab your attention. There was a story arch in the original anime that featured Gold Knights, each corresponding to each constellation the Sun appears to travel through in the course of a year ;-)

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Ratattack on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

rexflexall

Re: New Pop Line - Saint Seiya!

Postby rexflexall » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 am

Holy crap these awe awesome!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:57 am

yes i'm excited about this line also...the glams look great...my guess is these pops will have some of the best details we've seen to date.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:47 pm

rexflexall wrote:Holy crap these awe awesome!

I'm glad to see your excitement!
I'm impatiently waiting for the day these release! :freddy2:

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:00 pm

Great details on the Pops! - the Anime line is totally on fire with these releases!

P.S. I really tend to think that Anime Characters in Pop! form more likely than not is on point compared to other lines.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:04 pm

mongoose12 wrote:yes i'm excited about this line also...the glams look great...my guess is these pops will have some of the best details we've seen to date.

You are absolutely right. The glams look extremely detailed! I might have to grab doubles to keep a set OOB. I don't take pops OOB too often, but I must to admire the detailed all around.

Oh man! In the future if this line is maintained alive, I would like to see metallic variants of these! \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Ratattack wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:yes i'm excited about this line also...the glams look great...my guess is these pops will have some of the best details we've seen to date.

You are absolutely right. The glams look extremely detailed! I might have to grab doubles to keep a set OOB. I don't take pops OOB too often, but I must to admire the detailed all around.

Oh man! In the future if this line is maintained alive, I would like to see metallic variants of these! \:D/

Wait actually, I think these might already be metallic! :alien:

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 pm

The designs on these look great, so much detail.
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:39 am

renardchua wrote:Great details on the Pops! - the Anime line is totally on fire with these releases!

P.S. I really tend to think that Anime Characters in Pop! form more likely than not is on point compared to other lines.

I have to double agree with you!

Anime is getting the expansion it so desperately needed. And Yes! I also think that anime translates really well into Pop form. This upcoming line is testament to it. Ahhh! I can't wait to have these on display at home! \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:48 am

stayf3d wrote:The designs on these look great, so much detail.

Oh Yes. The detailed design on these is a must. Each cloth's (armor) design is derived from the constellation each character has adopted as their guardian symbol. I would really like that each armor's design, in pop form, stays true to the source material. But quite honestly, I'm just glad these are getting made :bounce:

RBK

Postby RBK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:40 am

I hope this line becomes popular so that they can make more from the franchise.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:32 pm

I can see lots of variants!

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:31 am

I wonder if we will be getting that Sdcc one with all the craziness going on?
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Yeah I remember seeing these announced, i think they look cool, I like the detail on these. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Ratattack wrote:I searched carefully, but I couldn't find a topic dedicated to the newly announced Saint Seiya Pop! Line.

This line was recently announced during Toy Fair New York 2020 and I couldn't be happier.

I definitely remember watching this as a young child growing up in South America. This show is an older anime from the 80s; but fortunately in the 90s, it made its way to South America for me to enjoy :)

If you are into astrology or don't really follow it but find it entertaining at the very least or just simply enjoy anime, this show is for you! You can actually enjoy it now if you have a Netflix subscription. They have a solid library composed of some of the original episodes and also the newly adapted ones.

I can't believe they are finally here, and I hope that we get an expansion after this first wave. Please, let us know of your excitement and stories. Also, please share any ideas you might have in regards to the future of this New Pop! Line. There are a lot of possibilities and I would love to hear them! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Just to grab your attention. There was a story arch in the original anime that featured Gold Knights, each corresponding to each constellation the Sun appears to travel through in the course of a year ;-)

I dont think that i have ever heard of this show. is it good?
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:51 am

I'm digging this line.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 am

I'm likin' the Pops!

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:56 pm

Waiting for the gold Metallic and the black version
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:56 am

Wonder if we’ll get that sdcc exclusive??
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:21 am

These would look great in metallic!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu May 13, 2021 11:20 pm

rexflexall wrote:Holy crap these awe awesome!

They are! I really hope they expand the line!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu May 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I wonder if we will be getting that Sdcc one with all the craziness going on?

I did not know there was a planned Knight for SDCC 2020. Hopefully, we get it this year [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu May 13, 2021 11:29 pm

D4nnym4n123 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:I searched carefully, but I couldn't find a topic dedicated to the newly announced Saint Seiya Pop! Line.

I dont think that i have ever heard of this show. is it good?

It’s more nostalgia that appeals to me with this line. I rewatched the old dubbed anime on Netflix, and it is so cheese. It’s an anime from the 80s so I can see why the cheese is there. They recently did an updated adaptation also on Netflix, but I’ve yet to watch it. I’m sure the newer ones have reworked the dialogue to fit more with the present time. To me, the plot is solid and also draws from Greek mythology. Hope you check it out and see if you like it.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 14, 2021 10:39 am

Those glows look good!

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am

Don’t think I ever watched this show.
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri May 14, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm excited when put up the topic , I'm with you I know them as u do los heroes del zodiaco, it be awesome to see a Spanish version done in Spanish boxes, I jumped on all of them as soon as I saw them

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 14, 2021 6:54 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:

I'm excited when put up the topic , I'm with you I know them as u do los heroes del zodiaco, it be awesome to see a Spanish version done in Spanish boxes, I jumped on all of them as soon as I saw them

Yes! Oh my goodness! When I used to watch the show in the 90s, it was also dubbed in Spanish and the name of the show was “Los Caballeros del Zodiaco.”

So many good memories. I also preordered them all at once. The B&N exclusive I was searching for so long. I was feared it got canceled.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri May 14, 2021 6:55 pm

These look pretty cool. I’ve never heard about it until now.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri May 14, 2021 7:41 pm

Ratattack wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:

Yes! Oh my goodness! When I used to watch the show in the 90s, it was also dubbed in Spanish and the name of the show was “Los Caballeros del Zodiaco.”

So many good memories. I also preordered them all at once. The B&N exclusive I was searching for so long. I was feared it got canceled.

You got me its los caballeros and I still looking for the barnes one good call such a good show

squidward

Postby squidward » Fri May 14, 2021 11:44 pm

These sculpts are awesome. I really like the glowing flames in the GITD one.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 15, 2021 12:23 am

Jalapenopete wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:

You got me its los caballeros and I still looking for the barnes one good call such a good show

Oh! Have you checked the site? I didn’t think he would go OOS. Also, you don’t have any B&N near by?

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 15, 2021 12:25 am

squidward wrote:These sculpts are awesome. I really like the glowing flames in the GITD one.

The details are beyond what I would have imagined. Also, they are all metallic! Just like their armors where on the show!
Normally, I would expect them to make them regular and save the metallic details for a con exclusive. I was very surprised that the commons already had the metallic finish! :bounce:

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun May 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Ratattack wrote:
squidward wrote:These sculpts are awesome. I really like the glowing flames in the GITD one.

The details are beyond what I would have imagined. Also, they are all metallic! Just like their armors where on the show!
Normally, I would expect them to make them regular and save the metallic details for a con exclusive. I was very surprised that the commons already had the metallic finish! :bounce:

Are they official metallic? I would expect a regular release and then a separate release of metallic as store exclusives.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 am

squidward wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Are they official metallic? I would expect a regular release and then a separate release of metallic as store exclusives.

I guess they are not officially metallic because it’s not listed like that on the Funko App. But they certainly look metallic.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat May 22, 2021 7:22 am

Ratattack wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I wonder if we will be getting that Sdcc one with all the craziness going on?

I did not know there was a planned Knight for SDCC 2020. Hopefully, we get it this year [-o<

They released it as exclusive so it was easy to get.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sat May 22, 2021 8:03 am

I'm behind on this set. I need to catch up! Lol

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Sat May 22, 2021 7:40 pm

D4nnym4n123 wrote:Don’t think I ever watched this show.

It's not just a show, it's a whole slew of them, plus movies, specials, etc. The original series ran 114 episodes and it was really special.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 22, 2021 10:13 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

They released it as exclusive so it was easy to get.

Ah! If so, it might have been the Sagittarius one. Glad I got that one easily.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Cephus wrote:
D4nnym4n123 wrote:Don’t think I ever watched this show.

It's not just a show, it's a whole slew of them, plus movies, specials, etc. The original series ran 114 episodes and it was really special.

It was so special. I hope they at least finish the remaining Gold Knights. [-o<

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun May 23, 2021 3:18 am

Certainly some nice looking designs on these pops.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”