Black Light Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
hpellot

Re: Black Light Pops

Postby hpellot » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:53 pm

I like these alot
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:14 pm

anime23 wrote:Anyone excited to see Black Light is going to be a theme for Fundays?

Everyone’s excited! At least I am! lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:40 pm

lavery01 wrote:
anime23 wrote:Anyone excited to see Black Light is going to be a theme for Fundays?

excited is an understatement... the traffic on the boards since the announcement is telling in itself.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:30 pm

The black lights are great. They take up a whole separate shelf space just for their look and for when I get a black light bulb I will put up on them :)
Image ImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:50 pm

Praying I can get into Fundays for the Black Lights theme! I imagine all the boxes of fun will have some great variants if they keep with the theme
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:07 pm

I can't wait to (hopefully) see the black light theme at Fundays, hopefully that will be the theme of the Freddys too.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:16 pm

I’m beyond excited. I have no doubt it’ll be a night and show to remember.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:27 pm

I recall some black light freddys a few years back, anyone recall the year?
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:33 pm

Stragon wrote:I can't wait to (hopefully) see the black light theme at Fundays, hopefully that will be the theme of the Freddys too.

Me too!!

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:25 am

kihou wrote:Praying I can get into Fundays for the Black Lights theme! I imagine all the boxes of fun will have some great variants if they keep with the theme

[-o< [-o< Same here!
Instagram- calebshiny

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:42 am

kihou wrote:Praying I can get into Fundays for the Black Lights theme! I imagine all the boxes of fun will have some great variants if they keep with the theme

I hope I get the privilege of getting into fundays. It is such a blast. It is for sure best party of the year.
Collecting since 2014

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:22 am

I can definitely support the black light theme of Fundays, now to see if Funko will still give some love to the board.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:24 am

Stragon wrote:I can definitely support the black light theme of Fundays, now to see if Funko will still give some love to the board.

Same here. Even though I must admit I didn’t like black light pops at first. The very first Marvel wave threw me off. Now I’m in love with them!! \:D/
Image Image
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:32 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Stragon wrote:I can definitely support the black light theme of Fundays, now to see if Funko will still give some love to the board.

Same here. Even though I must admit I didn’t like black light pops at first. The very first Marvel wave threw me off. Now I’m in love with them!! \:D/

I definitely resisted collecting them just because I have so many already and having variants can take up space, but I'm glad I got most of them because they do look really great in person.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:48 am

yasowat wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

excited is an understatement... the traffic on the boards since the announcement is telling in itself.

That is what Im hoping for also! I love the black lights. I would love to see some HP ones
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:52 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
yasowat wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

That is what Im hoping for also! I love the black lights. I would love to see some HP ones

Omg, yes HP would look amazing! Here’s to hoping! :freddy2:
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:09 pm

D
kihou wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I definitely resisted collecting them just because I have so many already and having variants can take up space, but I'm glad I got most of them because they do look really great in person.

I think most of us went through the same situation. At least collectors that have an absorbent amount Funko pops.
Image Image
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:29 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:D
kihou wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I think most of us went through the same situation. At least collectors that have an absorbent amount Funko pops.

Yeah I think my collecting habit is common - when first starting out I picked up every single Pop in lines I really liked. Holding something different? Buy it! Metallic? Yeah! Hairdo in a pony tail instead of down? Add to cart! Then I ran out of space and swung way more conservative, mostly only having one of each character depending on the line and rarities and such. Now I'm mixed - if it's an interesting variant I will pick it up, but if it's just slightly different I will probably pass.
ISO Mystery Minis!

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:31 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:
yasowat wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Would definitely love black light HP
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:45 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:
yasowat wrote:

Would definitely love black light HP

I can see some of the HP figures in black light, would be awesome.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:50 pm

With all the black light pops, Funko should really release their own display case with a black light built in.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:52 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:With all the black light pops, Funko should really release their own display case with a black light built in.

They do already sell ones without lights on the site, so it probably wouldn’t be hard for them to do that. I just hope it would be battery operated because I have OCD when it comes to hanging cords lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:19 am

kihou wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:D
kihou wrote:I definitely resisted collecting them just because I have so many already and having variants can take up space, but I'm glad I got most of them because they do look really great in person.

Yeah I think my collecting habit is common - when first starting out I picked up every single Pop in lines I really liked. Holding something different? Buy it! Metallic? Yeah! Hairdo in a pony tail instead of down? Add to cart! Then I ran out of space and swung way more conservative, mostly only having one of each character depending on the line and rarities and such. Now I'm mixed - if it's an interesting variant I will pick it up, but if it's just slightly different I will probably pass.

That’s a very good analogy. Speaking of conservative, I only have 2 6 inch pops in my entire collection. 1 3 pack and NO 2 packs. I don’t complete sets or waves anymore. ;-)
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:24 am

nascar246788 wrote:

I hope I get the privilege of getting into fundays. It is such a blast. It is for sure best party of the year.

Oh I hope I can get in too!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:06 pm

rexflexall wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I wonder how are they going to sell tickets this year.
Image Image
ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:15 pm

Stragon wrote:I can't wait to (hopefully) see the black light theme at Fundays, hopefully that will be the theme of the Freddys too.

I could see for sure we will get some form of Blacklight Freddy or Freddies at Fundays. Maybe even a Mike or Brian as well. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:16 pm

This is the best theme in years! It works for audience participation even better than the 80s theme, and that one was great. Hoping I get a chance to experience it!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:18 pm

Here's hoping. I'd love to experience it again but that assist is kinda crucial. (And funding but that's not Funko's problem. Unless they feel so inclined...lol)
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:23 pm

Tusken wrote:

I could see for sure we will get some form of Blacklight Freddy or Freddies at Fundays. Maybe even a Mike or Brian as well. :freddy3:

Super excited to see either of those happen :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #KeepItPoppin
Facebook: Iz Salazar

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:26 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:With all the black light pops, Funko should really release their own display case with a black light built in.

They do already sell ones without lights on the site, so it probably wouldn’t be hard for them to do that. I just hope it would be battery operated because I have OCD when it comes to hanging cords lol

Same man...same.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:42 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I think they will do the same as always. They might do it via their site instead of eventbrite to maybe use the queue system. I am just curious do they do an initial offering to members of the forum board like previous years.
Collecting since 2014

Teddyb84

Postby Teddyb84 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:06 pm

Hopefully I can return for this, black light will be amazing and will be great to see all you again
ImageIG Teddyb1984

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:06 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I think they will do the same as always. They might do it via their site instead of eventbrite to maybe use the queue system. I am just curious do they do an initial offering to members of the forum board like previous years.

I can see that happen on their site. I heard it was a disaster. A password was given out and concerning the board, there were requirements as well.
Image Image
ImageImage

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:09 pm

I can't wait for this.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:42 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I can see that happen on their site. I heard it was a disaster. A password was given out and concerning the board, there were requirements as well.

If they do the funatics board thing, I wonder if they keep requirements the same.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:21 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
yasowat wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Hrmm interesting thought there, I'd want to see how those look since I'm on the fence.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

McNelly

Postby McNelly » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:36 am

I would love to see Freddy black light sodas at Fundays!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:47 am

nascar246788 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

If they do the funatics board thing, I wonder if they keep requirements the same.

That’s a very good question. They might change it up a bit or keep it the same. It’s been 2 years.
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:51 am

It's gonna be EPIC that's for sure!!

RicoSabroso

Postby RicoSabroso » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:57 am

Im surprised we didnt get tired of black light as fast as we did chrome

Return to “Pop!”