Guinness World Record - Largest Collection of Funko Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mongoose12

Re: Guinness World Record - Largest Collection of Funko Pop

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:Is there a Guinness World Record for Biggest Debt Collected from Collecting Funko Pops?

I may have to make a call to Guinness.. (I kept the receipts!)

That's a title that many would be willing to challenge for lol

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:48 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote:Is there a Guinness World Record for Biggest Debt Collected from Collecting Funko Pops?

You’d be competing with myself, brotha. Lol

Not sure about debt. But I do know I have such little room in my house now with all the collectibles I'm not sure if I would consider myself a collector or a hoarder. I guess at least it's not junk. If I had more room the collection would get a lot bigger :freddy3: :freddy3:

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:04 pm

impressive collection but im pretty sure there some og collectors that have a lot more that don't want the attention or recognition. cough cough carol cough cough.
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Just wanna say...

OOB is the only way to go.

:O
Melissa

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:41 pm

Man that’s a whole lot of pops! Nice collection though. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:04 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

You’d be competing with myself, brotha. Lol

Not sure about debt. But I do know I have such little room in my house now with all the collectibles I'm not sure if I would consider myself a collector or a hoarder. I guess at least it's not junk. If I had more room the collection would get a lot bigger :freddy3: :freddy3:

I feel that, I’m in the position of putting most of my collection in storage until I get into a house
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:06 pm

slimpicks wrote:impressive collection but im pretty sure there some og collectors that have a lot more that don't want the attention or recognition. cough cough carol cough cough.

Heck, I’m almost a third of the way to catching up to jim lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:09 pm

lunarembrace wrote:Just wanna say...

I’m debating on it, room is an issue and all the $$$$ I would save. I started OOB collecting on just oversized pops, but now I’m thinking I can trade/sell my boxes and just keep the pops. Heck, it seems like the boxes are worth more then the pops these days. lol

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:

I’m debating on it, room is an issue and all the $$$$ I would save. I started OOB collecting on just oversized pops, but now I’m thinking I can trade/sell my boxes and just keep the pops. Heck, it seems like the boxes are worth more then the pops these days. lol

I've sold empty boxes. And sometimes for more than what I paid for the actual Pop!, haha. Although that was honestly only during Funko's virtual cons, and I got lucky with actual con stickers.

I've always been OOB, but kept my boxes in storage. Once I got to 1,000, it was too much to handle, and offered them for free to people in Facebook groups. Someone drove 5 hours one way to come pick them up (I had every Disney boxes starting with #1, which is what they really wanted xD). I ended tossing several hundred just because they couldn't take them all. I love making displays for all my favorite movies, TV shows, or whatever, so it makes me happy to take them out. I also collect more than just Funko, and wouldn't to just show off a bunch of boxed stuff.

I have started to keep my boxes again, though, if they are in good condition. Not sure how long I'll keep it up, but just in case.
Melissa

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:30 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I've sold empty boxes. And sometimes for more than what I paid for the actual Pop!, haha. Although that was honestly only during Funko's virtual cons, and I got lucky with actual con stickers.

I've always been OOB, but kept my boxes in storage. Once I got to 1,000, it was too much to handle, and offered them for free to people in Facebook groups. Someone drove 5 hours one way to come pick them up (I had every Disney boxes starting with #1, which is what they really wanted xD). I ended tossing several hundred just because they couldn't take them all. I love making displays for all my favorite movies, TV shows, or whatever, so it makes me happy to take them out. I also collect more than just Funko, and wouldn't to just show off a bunch of boxed stuff.

I have started to keep my boxes again, though, if they are in good condition. Not sure how long I'll keep it up, but just in case.

It’s hard for me to give up the boxes because a lot of them are super cool looking. My solution with all them is to make huge walls, and have them in pop protectors. But, now I don’t even have room for that until I move, so there’s a good 1000 in storage right now. :/...There’s definitely a market for just boxes, I’m part of a Facebook group myself. I know if I ever go OOB, it’s because I’m in a pinch and don’t want to loose the pops. Haha

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:41 pm

I guarantee someone in this forum (with lots of stars under their name) has more Pops than this individual. But kudos to him for jumping through the Guinness World Record hoops and hurdles. I would not be surprised if his reign ends next year when someone new steps up.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm

It's not too difficult to apply for the World Record, if anyone here is interested. You can apply online at the Guinness site. You'll need a complete list of all your Pops, as well as photo/video evidence. You'll also need two witnesses (who are supposed to be experts in this hobby/field) to sign off on your collection and count all the pieces with you on tape. That's about it.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:06 pm

Imagine all the empty boxes in storage!

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm

squidward wrote:I guarantee someone in this forum (with lots of stars under their name) has more Pops than this individual. But kudos to him for jumping through the Guinness World Record hoops and hurdles. I would not be surprised if his reign ends next year when someone new steps up.

I'm waiting for someone to step up and break this record. I'm pretty confident there are others out there that have more (especially on the boards!). I've also seen some massive collections on IG! I'm currently at 400+ so everyone needs to stop collecting so I can catch up ;-) lol Happy for the person who currently holds the record, awesome achievement!

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Can I enter for largest Dorbz collection? :-k
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:02 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Can I enter for largest Dorbz collection? :-k

I think you have a moral obligation to us all to see this through.

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:02 pm

LOL Have to learn how to ensure Funko creates as much money for you as it forces you to spend. I know the feels though.
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:46 am

That display is pretty damn epic!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:My solution with all them is to make huge walls, and have them in pop protectors. But, now I don’t even have room for that until I move, so there’s a good 1000 in storage right now. :/

Same here, walls of Pops in protectors. I actually like the way it looks, but I am also out of wall space. I crossed 500 Pops this year and now when something new comes along something else has to hit storage.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Been collecting since 2013 and just over 620 pops, still trying to wrap my head how many pops he had to buy daily to get to 5K
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 am

I would cry bringing all of those OOB!

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:45 pm

just a taste, that is how it starts, next thing you know you are out in the cold looking for that golden goose and selling things in your house to get what you need....wait i am talkin about buying pops or crack

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:26 pm

What a collection. I would hate to move to another house with that many.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:39 am

scullysdad wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:My solution with all them is to make huge walls, and have them in pop protectors. But, now I don’t even have room for that until I move, so there’s a good 1000 in storage right now. :/

Same here, walls of Pops in protectors. I actually like the way it looks, but I am also out of wall space. I crossed 500 Pops this year and now when something new comes along something else has to hit storage.

It looks super cool IMO. I was able to display 500-750 that way in my studio, but now it’s a kids room and they have their own pop wall in it.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:40 am

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:just a taste, that is how it starts, next thing you know you are out in the cold looking for that golden goose and selling things in your house to get what you need....wait i am talkin about buying pops or crack

I think crack would be cheaper lol

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:30 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Can I enter for largest Dorbz collection? :-k

I think that's a must. :SW7a: #BringBackDorbzMovement :SW7:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 am

I vaguely remember hearing about this a while back...volume has never been impressive to me particularly in box, I've become a little biased towards OOB & I appreciate in box folks cause certain pieces I keep in, but after a few hundred the wall of pops look annoys me, feels more like hoarding unless I actually take them out and enjoy them, imo a lot of people who are staunchly in box are more considerate of value...nothing wrong with that but once you start taking them out you definitely appreciate them more.

As for the collection size I'm pretty sure Carol has him beat on overall Funko pieces period as she collected EVERYTHING, but Pops is debatable and not nearly as impressive since Funko has obviously done a lot more than just the one line of toys...and really who cares? lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:11 am

Imagine all the space they need!

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Insane! Didn't they say his first pop was like 3 years ago?? If I acquired 10k pops in 3 years just know it was my husband who killed me lol. Although I have to suspect it was just for the world record, nothing wrong with that but man if I had that kind of $$ to spend I would have done something way different and I love collecting!
Image Image ImageImage

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:just a taste, that is how it starts, next thing you know you are out in the cold looking for that golden goose and selling things in your house to get what you need....wait i am talkin about buying pops or crack

I think crack would be cheaper lol

hahah at this point, yes.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:59 pm

I am pretty sure as funatics our collection counts as one and we as a collective should be in the book next.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:02 pm

Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:54 am

BigM wrote:New record as of 11/15/2020

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wo ... pcBS0bPBcM

Almost 7100 :shock: :shock: :shock:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:30 am

These folks are impressive! Congrats to whoever ends up raining supreme hah. Two things are gonna keep me from competing though, my wallet, and the room I have in my home haha
Image ImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:21 am

Jeez, I didn't even know there were 7100 Pops to own in the first place!

No offense to the previous record holder, but... Every time I watch one of the Funko channels I subscribe to on YouTube the commercial before the video is him telling me not to buy another Pop until I watch his video, and maybe that will stop now lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:24 am

this title will change hands over and over again. either way, still an impressive distinction

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:30 am

I can barely fit 500 of them in my house!

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:39 pm

I’m curious to see how many and how often this will change. Aside from getting a hold of Guinness and the verifying process which I imagine some won’t want to do (I think it does have a price for someone to come out and verify), this is an expensive record to set. Even if someone is buying lots of pops for an average of 5 a piece, you’re still looking at 10s of thousands of dollars. This isn’t including the shelves to display these and having the space to begin with. I doubt Guinness would want to show off a collection that is in boxes in someone’s garage so it’ll have to able to shown off in or out of box.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Baseman314

Postby Baseman314 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:30 pm

If I didn't collect so many other things like autographs, other toys, movies, comic books, sports memorabilia and so much more I probably could compete. I still have around 4400 pops in my collection. That's ok though I don't need a title or a record to love show my love for collecting.
Pops: 6000+
Autographed Pops: 600+
Dorbz: 5
Rock Candy: 100
Mystery Mini: 300
Sodas: 150

IG: Mike_Funko_Collector

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:53 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2020/9/largest-collector-of-funko-pops-owns-over-5-000-figurines-631102

Someone here has to have more. :D

you are correct jimmyD has over 8000 in his collection.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Return to “Pop!”