Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Legacy Wish List

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Re: Legacy Wish List

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah, I have Katniss and rue from the first movie, there is some, but doesn't allow for action posing.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:41 pm

My oldest daughter use to love Twilight, thankfully she grew out of it, she had a Jacob figure and that was literally just a hunk of plastic. Two points of articulation, his neck moved and the waist. And it ended up breaking at the waist. Ha
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 am

I like Game of Thrones but some of the other possible licenses excite me even more. X- Files would be really great! I'm also hoping Star Trek will find its way in the 6" format too. Diamond Select Toys are ok, but it would really be fantastic to have Captain Kirk which is as pose able as the Star Wars Black Series! It would also be great if Funko made a grab for The Hobbit license and maybe even Harry Potter. The Bridge Direct really dropped the ball with The Hobbit and I don't think they will ever regain thier credibility!

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Well, to be fair, that may not be entirely Bridge Direct's fault, and more the movie studio's.

Regardless, I can't wait for GoT. Looks like the listings on Popcultcha got taken down, which always lends some credence to it!

Also can't wait on possible X-Files Legacy figures. I have SO LONG wanted a full out X-Files line. That was my show growing up! And the McFarlane figures just don't hold up well.
Last edited by Blanka on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Man, I use to have every Mcfarlane X Files figure made. Good times. Cant wait to see what Brian has planned. Deff need an updated line.

I use to be home to watch the X Files each week, no matter what plans I had, they would be scheduled around the show. I still have a "I want to believe" mini poster on my fridge.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Yup. I had a girlfriend wanting to make out in the theater during the release of the movie. At 15 years old in 1998, I turned down a make out session to watch X-Files! THAT'S the show's importance! :)
Last edited by Blanka on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm

I just hope that there's no snags with likeness issues, and picky actors with this line!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:25 pm

There are some great suggestions and rumours in this thread.

I support the call for "Disney Afternoon" action figures. Scrooge McDuck, Gizmoduck, Darkwing Duck and many others would be awesome.

The rumours about Buffy/Whedonverse, X-Files and Game of Thrones are all pretty great. I'd definitely be interested in a decent Mulder, Scully, Daenerys and Tyrion. And I'm curious about any future Buffy action figures, even though I'm pretty happy with the "Deluxe" versions of Buffy, Faith, Willow, Kendra, Spike and Angel released by DST. It would be awesome to finally complete Angel's gang with Gunn one day.

I'm not sure how I feel about Doctor Who. I mainly just want Character Options to continue their 5" action figures with the War Doctor and the Capaldi Doctor. But, if Funko could guarantee a release of all 13 iterations of The Doctor, then I'd definitely be interested in switching scales for a "complete" collection.

My personal number one want is XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS! It would fit with the "90s TV" theme together with Buffy and X-Files.

Surely Xena and Gabrielle also deserve to receive some decent action figures so that I can have them battling with the Scooby Gang, the Charmed Ones and others who already have decent action figures.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Think Xena might fit in nicely with the 3.75 retro Reaction line. Never was really a fan, but she is hot. :)
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Blanka wrote:Yup. I had a girlfriend wanting to make out in the theater during the release of the movie. At 15 years old in 1998, I turned down a make out session to watch X-Files! THAT'S the show's importance! :)

Gonna make myself seem old here but...
I use to video tape (VHS kids) The X Files every week in order they were shown. I had boxes and boxes of VHS tapes from season 1 till the bitter end. Ha
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Bud, I am right there with you. lol

I know at 31, it doesn't seem that old, but I'm starting to get to the age now where I need nieces and nephews to explain new technology to me. lol

"Okay, I push WHAT button now??"

PS--there was a video game released a few years ago called "Alan Wake". I used to pretend that that was an X-Files game and the main character was Mulder--since we haven't had a good X-Files game in a bit (if ever, really).

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 pm

I remember when the box sets came out on DVD for the first time. Hella expensive. Ha
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 am

I actually wrote this up recently as part of a post on my site about NICDIP ("Now I Can Die In Peace") toy lines. Not sure which of these are feasible due to current rights situations, but here's the list I wrote at the time.

6″ decently-articulated Mystery Science Theater 3000 figures
Every monster from The Monster Squad in 6″ scale
A well-articulated 6″ John McClane from Die Hard
A well-articulated 6″ Terminator
A well-articulated 6″ Conan the Barbarian

I'd throw the X-Files in there, too. And while I suspect it's not possible to get the rights right now, Ghostbusters and Back to the Future would be fantastic.
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:03 pm

So ... how do people expect Legacy to be released? Will each series/wave be focused on a single licence? Or will there be a mix of licences in each series/wave?

The rumoured list of "Game of Thrones" action figures indicates that each series/wave will be focused on a single licence. But, perhaps other series/waves will be a mix? While GOT has enough characters to support entire waves, I could see licences like X-Files or Doctor Who being broken up across multiple series/waves in mixed cases.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Just thought, it would be awesome to have a few characters from "Sherlock" show up in here too! I like the mixed wave ideas here too. I used to love the McFarlane "Movie Maniacs". Where you would get a wave of like 5 cool characters from all these different movies.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:48 pm

You know...I may be in the minority on this one...

But I would love a series of Reno 911 Legacy figures.

Lt. Dangle
Junior
Garcia
Weigel
Jonesy
Williams
Weigel
Johnson

And maybe a couple of perps like Big Mike and Terry.

It will never in a million years happen. But, it actually almost happened once from Jazwares. I would love to see it.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:54 am

I also think that Supernatural is LOOOOOOOOONG due for a figure line.

Great show, and how many seasons now? 9?

And no figures? Insane.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:06 pm

I could see Brian doing Supernatural
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:22 pm

AHHH! this line is just too good to be true! I am, however, staying cautiously optimistic.

So many times in the past I feel like we've been burned, hearing about or seeing lines, and getting so excited, only to see them never come to fruition (I'm looking at YOU, MAC's X-Files line!). Not saying that Brian doesn't have all his ducks in a row, but still...

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:
Blanka wrote:Yup. I had a girlfriend wanting to make out in the theater during the release of the movie. At 15 years old in 1998, I turned down a make out session to watch X-Files! THAT'S the show's importance! :)

Gonna make myself seem old here but...
I use to video tape (VHS kids) The X Files every week in order they were shown. I had boxes and boxes of VHS tapes from season 1 till the bitter end. Ha

Chris, at least they are VHS and not Beta :roflmao:
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah, never had Beta. But I remember new movies costing 100 bux at one point. Haha
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Blanka wrote:AHHH! this line is just too good to be true! I am, however, staying cautiously optimistic.

So many times in the past I feel like we've been burned, hearing about or seeing lines, and getting so excited, only to see them never come to fruition (I'm looking at YOU, MAC's X-Files line!). Not saying that Brian doesn't have all his ducks in a row, but still...

Brian wont officially announce a license unless its a go. ;-)
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:49 pm

That's reassuring! :)

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Worse case is delays in shipping time
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Enik

Postby Enik » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Poe Ghostal wrote:I actually wrote this up recently as part of a post on my site about NICDIP ("Now I Can Die In Peace") toy lines. Not sure which of these are feasible due to current rights situations, but here's the list I wrote at the time.

6″ decently-articulated Mystery Science Theater 3000 figures
Every monster from The Monster Squad in 6″ scale
A well-articulated 6″ John McClane from Die Hard
A well-articulated 6″ Terminator
A well-articulated 6″ Conan the Barbarian

I'd throw the X-Files in there, too. And while I suspect it's not possible to get the rights right now, Ghostbusters and Back to the Future would be fantastic.

I'm glad you brought up well-articulated... I've seen some great sculpts with terrible articulation on shoulders, elbows hips and knees (instant no-buy for me). Marvel Select Deadpool was perfect imo. I'm more of a statue collector myself but if the articulation is well done and subtle, you end up with a beautiful statue that can also be posed. I'm in for the Conan too btw. Give me a Boris or Michael Whelan John Carter Warlord of Mars too while we're at it :D
Mark

supersonic57

Postby supersonic57 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:59 pm

I'll throw a vote in for Escape from New York

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:17 pm

supersonic57 wrote:I'll throw a vote in for Escape from New York

Hell yeah! ;-)
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:07 pm

I am so freaking excited for this line, it's not even funny!

I haven't been this excited since Star Wars Black was announced. I have been going back and watching all my old favorites in anticipation of what i think might be in this line: X-Files, Firefly, Supernatural, etc.

Yay, Funko! :D

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:09 pm

DOCTOR WHO! DOCTOR WHO! PLEASE MAKE DOCTOR WHO!!!
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:14 am

I haven't really thought of it before, but "Highlander" would be awesome as Legacy figures.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:25 am

Hercules: The Legendary Journey

nickclark89

Postby nickclark89 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:06 am

Oh yes! Hercules: The Legendary Journey and Xena: Warrior Princess need decent figures, both are cult following tv shows, I would love to have Xena, Gabrielle, Autolycus, Joxer, Callisto, Eve and Ares from Xena and Hercules, Iolus, Atalanta, Serena (humand and golden hind form), Morrigan, Salmonious from Hercules, and all these are the good guys!! So much possibilities and characters, and huge fanbase!!

I loved that X-Files and Game of Thrones are somehow confirmed, I'm such a nerd of these series too!!

Others tv shows that I would love to see in this line: Buffy/Angel (Whedonverse in general Firefly, Dollhouse etc), Supernatural, Alias, Medium, Fringe, Grimm...
English is not my maternal language, please correct me if I'm wrong in something to improve in the idiom.

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:21 am

nickclark89 wrote: Others tv shows that I would love to see in this line: Buffy/Angel (Whedonverse in general Firefly, Dollhouse etc), Supernatural, Alias, Medium, Fringe, Grimm...

I would love if they did Alias! One of my favorite shows.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

nickclark89

Postby nickclark89 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Cristina wrote:
nickclark89 wrote: Others tv shows that I would love to see in this line: Buffy/Angel (Whedonverse in general Firefly, Dollhouse etc), Supernatural, Alias, Medium, Fringe, Grimm...

I would love if they did Alias! One of my favorite shows.

Yes, I would love a figure of Syd with this suit:

Other new show with a solid fanbase is Lost Girl, these characters deserve action figures as well :-({|=
English is not my maternal language, please correct me if I'm wrong in something to improve in the idiom.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:38 am

I wouldn't mind Fringe or LOST figures, either. I know these are pipe-dreams, but hey...it's a wish list, not a for sure happening list, right? :)

I just think that Lost could have been an even better line than what McF, with articulated figures, and a few island/character specific items. Similar to what he's doing now with Walking Dead. Sadly, I think Lost's time has passed. It doesn't really have the staying power that shows like Firefly or X-Files have.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah the Mcfarlane line was basically just statues
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Buffy officially announced today. Should sell very well.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 pm

What? Where????

EDIT--Ah, I see it, POPs and ReAction. No Legacy. :(

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 am

nickclark89 wrote:I would love to have Xena, Gabrielle, Autolycus, Joxer, Callisto, Eve and Ares from Xena

Yes, yes and YES! Although, I'd personally prefer Caesar to Autolycus and Livia to Eve. And possibly add in Aphrodite and Alti as well. And Hope, although she could be achieved by simply packing an alternate "evil" head with Gabrielle.

And Funko would have to release an Argo for Xena to ride into battle. Having Xena without Argo is like having She-Ra without Swiftwind!

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Oooh! Just had a thought!

Funko has done bobble heads in the past of various corporate icons/mascots such as Count Chocula, Frakenberry, etc

Those would make amazing ReAction figures. The Monster Cereals. Cap'n Crunch. Coo-coo the Coco Bird.

I'd love to see the McDonaldland characters in ReAction form as well.

Return to “Action Figures”