Official Game of Thrones RELEASE Info & Images

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ATom

Re: Official Game of Thrones RELEASE Info & Images

Postby ATom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

JonWes wrote:That's so bizarre because I placed my order for all 6 at 11:30 and they should be here Monday. Which shipping method did you choose? I got the free priority, so maybe they shipped out based on shipping method, giving priority to the people with faster shipping? I guess they could also have multiple fulfillment centers for different parts of the country, too.

I just did the standard shipping. So that may be it. I ordered to Washington State and according to UPS my order is coming from Nevada. I ended up calling a store and they had both Tyrion and The Hound and they put them aside for me. Tyrion had just come in apparently.

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:06 pm

My Tryion arrived today...I placed the order on the 11th at about 10am. Wasn't expecting it so soon!
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

bstu78

Postby bstu78 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Tigger wrote:Same here. :( Got my Tyrion cancellation and the the Hound cancellation a few minutes later.

Likewise. This is REALLY frustrating because I'm not sure I'd have ordered from B&N except to get the full set. Especially the way they are lying about how and why this happened. They just didn't bother to prepare to sell the items and then didn't bother to divert the stock to the online orders they already accepted. And I can't even write an email complaint about it because their online form is broken. Frankly, at this point I'm strongly inclined to return the whole set and demand a refund and just try to buy them from another retailer in a month. If B&N is going to conduct themselves like this, I really don't feel like giving them my money.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:16 pm

bstu78 wrote:
Tigger wrote:Same here. :( Got my Tyrion cancellation and the the Hound cancellation a few minutes later.

Likewise. This is REALLY frustrating because I'm not sure I'd have ordered from B&N except to get the full set. Especially the way they are lying about how and why this happened. They just didn't bother to prepare to sell the items and then didn't bother to divert the stock to the online orders they already accepted. And I can't even write an email complaint about it because their online form is broken. Frankly, at this point I'm strongly inclined to return the whole set and demand a refund and just try to buy them from another retailer in a month. If B&N is going to conduct themselves like this, I really don't feel like giving them my money.

If you're not super impatient to get these soon, that may be a smart idea. Especially since they'll likely be cheaper than B&N at other retailers. Well, TRU might have them at 19.99 too since they always mark up their stuff.

therealdub

Postby therealdub » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 pm

I have had tons of bad experiences with B&N's website over the years. As many as ten times that I have attempted to order or "pick up in store" items listed as "in stock", only to later receive apology and "could not be found" emails. Including this week for these (if the item isn't gonna be available until 15th in stores, SAY THAT).

I'll try again Saturday morning, but expectations are pretty low. Hoping since I'm 10 minutes from Funko's HQ thing will actually work out. :)

kennykillek

Postby kennykillek » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 pm

My Barnes and Noble had one of each character except Tyrion today, with an extra Jon and two extra Danys. One Jon looked like he had poo smeared on his face so I picked up the other one, and I'm very satisfied. I had only the most minor of joint issues that were freed up very quickly by water. The paint job is very good and it just generally looks and feels great. If the quality control issues are fixed, this would be an absolutely exceptional toy line.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 pm

My B&N had them today. There was a display unit with the figures on the top. I grabbed Ned, Dany, and Jon. There were 2 of Snow, and 3 of Dany, but only 1 of each that wasn't a complete disaster in the paint app department. The quality control on my Dany was the most disappointing, as her feet were both put on the wrong boot. So the insides of the feet are both facing out and she stands weird.

Ned is a masterpiece though. Looks like Bean, awesome detail in the attire including the hand pin, and the swords are great. Ned is my favorite character from the entire series so I'm glad if any of them were going to be spot-on it was him. The face scan on Snow isn't bad but not great either, but Khaleesi is WAY off. I'm not sure what happened but it looks nothing like her.

After the B&N members discount and a 20% off one item coupon, it was only $53 and change for the 3 figures. Based on the detail of these I'm perfectly happy with that price and hopefully I can do a similar deal for series 2.

gitwer

Postby gitwer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:46 am

Just can't pull the trigger.

The rampant breakage issues have put me firmly in the "wait" category on these. Strongly hoping these issues are resolved, especially in time for the Firefly launch. But for now, sadly, I just can't see myself shelling out $20 a pop (pun only very slightly intended) for figures so rife with QC issues.

My shelves, wallet, and I will continue to salivate in anticipation of these issues getting fixed.

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:20 pm

gitwer wrote:Just can't pull the trigger.

The rampant breakage issues have put me firmly in the "wait" category on these. Strongly hoping these issues are resolved, especially in time for the Firefly launch. But for now, sadly, I just can't see myself shelling out $20 a pop (pun only very slightly intended) for figures so rife with QC issues.

My shelves, wallet, and I will continue to salivate in anticipation of these issues getting fixed.

I can understand your reluctance - my set has/had stuck joints, floppy hips, not enough glue, etc., but all these issues have been more or less fixed or improved with a little TLC.

However - if you "wait", you probably wont get another chance to get The Hound, (which is IMHO, the best likeness of all the figures, despite what you've seen online - he's a dead ringer in person), a White Walker, probably Ned, and maybe Jon Snow. We know another Dany is coming, and Tyrion is a sure bet as well. If you have any intention of collecting this line - assuming issues are addressed in the future - I would jump in now (maybe "wait" until they are available for less than $20 a pop, but still. Don't pass on this wave.)

Brendan352

Postby Brendan352 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:22 pm

punksnotdead wrote:My B&N had them today. There was a display unit with the figures on the top. I grabbed Ned, Dany, and Jon. There were 2 of Snow, and 3 of Dany, but only 1 of each that wasn't a complete disaster in the paint app department. The quality control on my Dany was the most disappointing, as her feet were both put on the wrong boot. So the insides of the feet are both facing out and she stands weird.

Ned is a masterpiece though. Looks like Bean, awesome detail in the attire including the hand pin, and the swords are great. Ned is my favorite character from the entire series so I'm glad if any of them were going to be spot-on it was him. The face scan on Snow isn't bad but not great either, but Khaleesi is WAY off. I'm not sure what happened but it looks nothing like her.

After the B&N members discount and a 20% off one item coupon, it was only $53 and change for the 3 figures. Based on the detail of these I'm perfectly happy with that price and hopefully I can do a similar deal for series 2.

Thanks for all the insight on the figures! I'm going to look for them again at my store, last time I came up empty. Quick question, where did you get the 20% off coupon? Thanks!
Hello there, I'm Brendan!
Avid Game of Thrones Fan

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Brendan352 wrote:
punksnotdead wrote:My B&N had them today. There was a display unit with the figures on the top. I grabbed Ned, Dany, and Jon. There were 2 of Snow, and 3 of Dany, but only 1 of each that wasn't a complete disaster in the paint app department. The quality control on my Dany was the most disappointing, as her feet were both put on the wrong boot. So the insides of the feet are both facing out and she stands weird.

Thanks for all the insight on the figures! I'm going to look for them again at my store, last time I came up empty. Quick question, where did you get the 20% off coupon? Thanks!

No problem, glad to help any way I can. The 20% off one item coupon was the coupon B&N emailed out this month for their members discount, which they do every so many weeks to get you to buy. If you know someone with a B&N membership account, I would just ask them if they have the coupon in their email and then just use that and their phone number to get the general 10% off discount as well. I've been using my mom's account for like 10 years now.

Brendan352

Postby Brendan352 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks again!! :))) I've been using my brother's girlfriends account...lol
I'm not sure if she renewed it or not for this year but it's worth a try!
Avid Game of Thrones Fan

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:04 am

Today I got my first batch of B&N.com figures (after the ones I got in-store because of impatience didn't work out so well). I hot-boxed them all, and worked on the joints... and they are PERFECT!

I love my Dany, actually. I think she looks a ton like Emilia Clark at this point. Just a subtle different here and there. I feel like she looks less like her, even in my own pics, than in real life, which is weird. Her lower arm was backwards, so after heating I turned it and she was fine. Her feet WERE on backwards, too, but I was able to pop those out and swap them with no issues.

This was my first Tyrion, as I didn't find him in-store. One of my favorites of the line! SO impressive. He's probably the best of the line likeness-wise. I love the paint job on his armor. Now, when I got him, his legs looked like this, and I thought he had been mis-assembled:

But, chatting with some friends we realized his shin parts are actually on backwards! The ties should be at the back. I heated him up, then twisted the shins around, and then twisted the ankle peg, and now he's just fine:

Am I still worried about the clear pegs? Yes. But, now that I've heated and loosened everything up, I'm definitely less worried about it, since I think the paint stuck joints were at least part of the issue.

I will say the beard on Tyrion is a bit perplexing. At the most, I think it should be more stuble. And Dinklage has dark beard hair. But, the likeness is still great.

King_in_the_North

Postby King_in_the_North » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:41 am

They all look amazing, Ned and The Hound look best IMO.
Hey I'm Joe! Pop! Count=10 First Pop!=Ned Stark

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:45 am

JonWes wrote:This was my first Tyrion, as I didn't find him in-store. One of my favorites of the line! SO impressive. He's probably the best of the line likeness-wise. I love the paint job on his armor. Now, when I got him, his legs looked like this, and I thought he had been mis-assembled:

\

Actually, according to the books, those legs are a lot more accurate! :eek:

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:26 am

Man, Series 2 is looking fantastic! I'd say the likenesses are even better. Dany still looks a wee bit off to me.

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/toy-fair-2 ... m=facebook

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:50 am

Bit off topic, but go to Toyark to see the new Legacy line.
If I can't scuba, then what's this all about? What am I working towards?

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Drogo, amazing! Arya and Robb, can't get here fast enough. Love it.

Brendan352

Postby Brendan352 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm so excited....they look fantastic!
Avid Game of Thrones Fan

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:16 pm

My Dany has a backwards lower arm too! I'll fix it eventually but for now I'm very pleased with these (and unlike my McFarlane action figures they haven't broken at all yet!) and will be buying the rest soon.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:28 pm

I really hope this neck joint is just for the proto. I was so relieved this line didn't have these ugly old Marvel Legends style joints:

kennykillek

Postby kennykillek » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Very awesome. Of course, Funko has to get their QC in line (I'd hate for the final product to have significantly worse paint and joints that rocket off when you try to move them) but I'm still cautiously very excited.

Brienne looks great, but is almost too pretty. I mean, show Brienne is already a wide sight more attractive than book Brienne, but this figure is even MORE attractive. Still looking forward to it, though.

Khal Drogo is just about perfect. Seriously excellent likeness.

Daenerys looks very good, has an even stronger likeness than her predecessor. Looks like we're not going to be getting much out of the articulation, though.

Arya is awesome. Looks just like the actress and its the perfect outfit and expression to boot.

Robb looks all right, but I'm really not seeing any Richard Madden in that face sculpt. Not too bad, though, I'd still get him.

Jaime is my favorite character, so I was looking forward to him most of all. He is perfect. The armor, the likeness, the expression, they knocked it out of the park. Can't wait for him.

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Series 2 cant get here soon enough! Those are really beautiful. Brienne and Jaime are definitely my faves. Is it August yet?

also - I waltzed into a B&N this morning with ZERO expectation of finding a Tyrion, as most of the stores in the area (there's about 5 within driving distance) didnt get him yet, and lo and behold there were TWO Imps on display (and nothing else). One of them had a huge melanoma on his face and the other's paint job was perfect, so off I went, Series One complete! (Legs and shoulders are all kinds of stuck though)

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:36 pm

TadGhostal wrote:Series 2 cant get here soon enough! Those are really beautiful. Brienne and Jaime are definitely my faves. Is it August yet?

also - I waltzed into a B&N this morning with ZERO expectation of finding a Tyrion, as most of the stores in the area (there's about 5 within driving distance) didnt get him yet, and lo and behold there were TWO Imps on display (and nothing else). One of them had a huge melanoma on his face and the other's paint job was perfect, so off I went, Series One complete! (Legs and shoulders are all kinds of stuck though)

If there is a "melanoma" (lol) on Tyrion's face, it should come right off with a sharp fingernail. Zero damage to the paint below. Mine has that & is now perfect. Just FYI
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

iamthenightrider

Postby iamthenightrider » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:57 pm

These are so nice! I haven't decided if I will get them or not yet, depends if they come to Australia and how much they are :)
Pops
BBT | HTTYD | Harry Potter | Arrow | The Flash | Game of Thrones | OUAT | Westworld Fantastic Beasts | Cars
Minis
HTTYD | Harry Potter | Game of Thrones | Princess & Companions | Villains & Companions
Dorbz
Harley Quinn
Steamboat Willie :-"

Tayla!

Aye_P

Postby Aye_P » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Just picked up Daenerys, Jon Snow and Ned Stark...talk to my local B&N merchandise manager and he'll be fibbing me a call when the new batch come in....can't wait!!!

CyberGhostface

Postby CyberGhostface » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:23 am

Anyone notice that they gave the Hound two eyebrows when one of his is burned off?

Granted this is also the fault of the show for downplaying the burns so much (in the books they cover half his face) but it barely looks like he has a sunburn here.

Kind of funny that the more simplified Pop version did a better job emphasizing his disfigurement as well as the 'combover' effect he has going on to hide it.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:31 am

Yeah, most people have noted that, I think. I plan to paint mine's eyebrow away at some point. The scars are sculpted pretty well, actually, but they are pretty subtle. Mine has a bit more pink paint on the side to emphasize them.

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 am

JonWes wrote:Yeah, most people have noted that, I think. I plan to paint mine's eyebrow away at some point. The scars are sculpted pretty well, actually, but they are pretty subtle. Mine has a bit more pink paint on the side to emphasize them.

Yeah, I just plan on take some nail polish remover to that one when I get him lol
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Joker_Heath

Postby Joker_Heath » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:28 am

MadLove wrote:
JonWes wrote:Yeah, most people have noted that, I think. I plan to paint mine's eyebrow away at some point. The scars are sculpted pretty well, actually, but they are pretty subtle. Mine has a bit more pink paint on the side to emphasize them.

Yeah, I just plan on take some nail polish remover to that one when I get him lol

I'd recommend using a lighter....give him a bit more scortch :D
Names Michael....hi :smt006

Pacetest

Postby Pacetest » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am

Forgive me if this has been already discussed. But has Funko release any information about how many waves per year or how many figures they will produce per year? Does anybody have any best guesses about the number? - Thanks

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 am

Pacetest wrote:Forgive me if this has been already discussed. But has Funko release any information about how many waves per year or how many figures they will produce per year? Does anybody have any best guesses about the number? - Thanks

Well we are getting two waves of 6 this year for GoTs. Probably safe to say the waves will stay at 6 as long as they continue to do well. At only 12 figures a year, and maybe an exclusive or two, it seems sustainable.

It all depends though I guess, similar to the ReAction line. Magic the Gathering has 6 figures in its first wave but we are seemingly going to get a Rocketeer solo release. I think we only saw 4 Fantastic Mr. Fox figures. Hopefully GoTs will stick to 6 per wave though based on the number of characters that Funko could make.

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 am

The Tyrion proto came with an extra head & helmet...design change or future exclusive??

Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:52 am

Cristina wrote:The Tyrion proto came with an extra head & helmet...design change or future exclusive??

Oh cool!! I'd love to have his helmet to go with the rest of his armor.
They/Them

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 am

Perhaps it was the original concept? A lot of times action figures come with alternate heads to swap out that have different sculpts or paint jobs. Maybe they intended to give us a scar faced Tyrion w/helmet but changed their minds... Like Dany with 3 dragons as opposed to one? I do hope it's an exclusive, though, or future release. It would be cool to have him with the helmet.
KIM

Horror * GoT * Walking Dead * AHS * Orphan Black * OITNB * Freddy

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Cristina wrote:The Tyrion proto came with an extra head & helmet...design change or future exclusive??

Where is/was that proto for sale? I'd love to collect protos of the Legacy figures.

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 pm

It's from Gemini Collectibles.

Sjhova1

Postby Sjhova1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:02 am

Dang, I want the Tyrion proto!!!!!

Sjhova1

Postby Sjhova1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:03 am

And when do I get to see series 2 in stores. I have seen the pictures, but I need a khal drogo, looks awesome, and Christina, I need a set of protos of series 2, so please don't buy them all ;) lol

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Just bought off hot topic :D
Main Line Wants: Always Sunny, Archer, Community
Main character wants: Rosita (TWD), Daario (GoT)
ISO: Enchantress in the UK

Return to “Action Figures”