Official Game of Thrones RELEASE Info & Images

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Re: Official Game of Thrones RELEASE Info & Images

Postby haydenstorm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:50 am

I hope so. Id hate to buy three of these for 1 accessory
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:54 pm

I wouldn't mind if Mother of Dany came with one, and Khal Drago came with another. But I'm hoping that one of the figures comes with the chest and eggs.

punksraven

Postby punksraven » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:13 pm

Drago should come with the chest and eggs, Dany with a second dragon, and Jorah with the third. That would be ideal for me! Although I wouldn't complain if Dany came with both dragons!

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:25 pm

I like the series one look better than the blue dress, assuming that's the attire. So unless the scan is different then I'll likely just stick with the first go-round of her. As much as I want all 3 dragons, the one will suffice if it means saving $20 haha.

PWN3R

Postby PWN3R » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 pm

We got these in today at work. I bought The Hound. Good looking figure. His helmet is the best.
Alonso. Pop Addict. Whovian. Marvel.

Brian@Funko

Postby Brian@Funko » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:Hi Brian -

The figures are everything you said they'd be. Bravo.

Be sure to check out the beautiful photos this fellow took over at the Fwoosh: http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/funko-lega ... quick-pics

As for the announcement, is Firefly still planned for the Legacy Collection? I thought that was the next license to see the Legacy treatment.

Assuming it still is, I'm personally hoping for Doom for the new announcement (although part of me thinks Doom might actually work better as a ReAction line).

Firely will be in fall.

YOU GUYS ARE ASSUMING video game...huh??????

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Hunger Games? Magic the Gathering? Button Button whos got the button?
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Not me. I said golf. :D

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Brian, I'm seeing many many many reports of these figures breaking, having stuck joints, and glued parts falling right off. On Fwoosh Id say about 50% of the people who reported finding these have and major issues with some of the figures. Lots of joint breakage issues being reported which are also prevalent with all the DC Direct figures that use the clear plastic. Any word on if the clear plastic will/can be changed for future releases? As of now, I'm excited to get these figures from B&N but terrified to open them.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:27 pm

So dont open em. :)
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:

Well I'm stumped. A board game?

Maybe it is golf...
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:30 pm

How many show of hands have had their BN orders cancelled? I am hearing a ton
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:32 pm

My order shipped today - no cancellations.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 pm

I am hearing partial cancellations. Like say, 1-3 figs from their sets
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:So dont open em. :)

But I want action figures I can pose. If I wanted statues or things I cant open/pose I'd go for the Dark Horse statues

Pumpkin King wrote:I am hearing partial cancellations. Like say, 1-3 figs from their sets

That's what happened to me. Tyrion and Hound aren't shipping with the rest of my figures but I never got a cancellation notice.

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Yeah, I saw that Tyrions were being cancelled. He seems to be the toughest to find for some reason.

When I called to put a set on hold in the store, he was the only one they did not have. Glad my online for him shipped :)
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Mine were shipped today. But The Hound was shipped separately from the rest.
KIM

Horror * GoT * Walking Dead * AHS * Orphan Black * OITNB * Freddy

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Mad4toys1963 wrote:Mine were shipped today. But The Hound was shipped separately from the rest.

Did you get a shipment confirmation for him too? and if so, how far apart were the shipping emails?
Wondering the the Hound and Tyrion figures that were not in my shipment are going to ship or be cancelled

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:57 pm

I received a shipping confirmation for The Hound about a half hour ago...the rest I got a shipping notice for this morning.
KIM

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:45 pm

I ordered a set of four (Tyrion, Ned, Dany and Jon) at 9:45am and then an order of six (all of them, because The Hound and the White Walker appeared) at 11:30am. Both have shipped and both are confirmed to have Tyrion, so if you ordered before 11:30am on 2/11, then you'll probably get a Tyrion, at least, just based on my experience.

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:Hunger Games? Magic the Gathering? Button Button whos got the button?

If it's not a videogame, Magic: The Gathering isn't a bad guess.

Hunger Games would surprise me only because NECA has the license, although their figures haven't been articulated at all.
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

ATom

Postby ATom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:01 am

My order went in on the 11th at 11:12 am and it shipped today without The Hound or Tyrion. I'm really hoping that I get that second shipment notification sometime tonight.

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:19 am

All I ordered was Tyrion and he was shipped out...tracking says I should have it by tomorrow!
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

JokersWild
Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Postby JokersWild » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:24 am

Ordered all 6, all shipped together.
Instagram: ArkhamPhotography & JokersWildCustoms
Funklub Member #1788
Looking for: Joker proto set is complete...for now!

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:49 am

I was away from home when all the excitement started (very frustrating to be reading about these dropping while at a ski lodge), but the moment I got home, I called my local B&N, and they put their last set (minus Tyrion, which they didn't get) on hold for me.
I picked them up, brought them back and finished opening them this morning.
Yes, there are some stuck-joint issues, Jon Snow's neck is too long, and the Hound's scabbard came off, but overall I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with these! The attention to detail is amazing, even more so than the Star Wars Black series.
I can see where the production issues that are being legitimately griped about MUST be overcome, but if those issues are addressed and fixed, this could be one of the best action figure lines of all time!
Here's hoping! Great job, Gentle Giant & Funko!

ATom

Postby ATom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:47 am

I received two separate emails saying that they could not complete my order because of an "unexpected delay" but that The Hound and Tyrion would ship within 1-5 business days. Really hope that's true.

F0RSAK3N

Postby F0RSAK3N » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:37 am

Probably B&N wasn't geared up to ship so soon. I think they will have it ironed out in a week or two. Then after another week or two other retailers will start to get them hopefully.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:41 am

TadGhostal wrote:I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with these! The attention to detail is amazing, even more so than the Star Wars Black series.
I can see where the production issues that are being legitimately griped about MUST be overcome, but if those issues are addressed and fixed, this could be one of the best action figure lines of all time!
Here's hoping! Great job, Gentle Giant & Funko!

This sums my feelings up well. Even with the breakages, I still love the figures. I will say, the neck peg for Jon doesn't feel too long for me. I mean, there is a bit of a gap when you turn his head certain ways, but to me it doesn't make his neck look too long or anything and I like the range of movement it allows.

There is a part of me that feels like the clear plastic they've used is a ticking time bomb, like it was on the DC Direct figures that use it. So, I'll just put this out there... if they fix that problem with Wave 2, I'd love for them to re-release all these figures (maybe one per wave) with the fixed joints. It'd really stink not to have some of these figures/looks in the future in what I hope will be a big collection.
Last edited by JonWes on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:42 am

ATom wrote:I received two separate emails saying that they could not complete my order because of an "unexpected delay" but that The Hound and Tyrion would ship within 1-5 business days. Really hope that's true.

They probably haven't received all of their inventory yet. I would think that if they were not going to be able to fulfill the order they would have just cancelled it. It probably shows in the system that the items are available just not in inventory yet. Most likely they are just waiting on the rest of their product to arrive from the manufacturer.
KIM

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:29 am

Brian@Funko wrote:Firefly will be in fall.

VERY excited for Firefly. I'm hoping we see something from that line at Toy Fair. (In particular, Jubal Early!)

As for the game license...if it's not a videogame, then PK's guess of Magic: The Gathering sounds good. Which I would be all over - I was a HUGE Magic player in the mid-'90s.
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

punksraven

Postby punksraven » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am

Sadly, just had Jon Snow break as well. I moved his arm and it completely snapped off at the elbow. Hopefully these issues are looked into and fixed for future releases. The quality of the sculpts and figures in general are too nice to be breaking so easily.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 pm

ATom wrote:I received two separate emails saying that they could not complete my order because of an "unexpected delay" but that The Hound and Tyrion would ship within 1-5 business days. Really hope that's true.

Got the same email so I'm glad that they weren't just flat out cancelled for my order like some people are reporting :razz:

ATom

Postby ATom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 pm

punksraven wrote:Sadly, just had Jon Snow break as well. I moved his arm and it completely snapped off at the elbow. Hopefully these issues are looked into and fixed for future releases. The quality of the sculpts and figures in general are too nice to be breaking so easily.

Has anyone tried putting the figures in boiling water before bending the joints? It's a customizing trick that I know first hand works well with stuck joints.

punksraven

Postby punksraven » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:29 pm

I had to do that with the hound and Ned I rebought cause my first 2 broke. Jons elbow wasn't stuck. It was moving just fine. Then I put the sword in his hand, bent his elbow and it snapped.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:56 pm

When I get my replacements (only Jon has survived unscathed so far) I'm going to use the hot box trick on them before I do anything. I hadn't heard of it before, but you put them in a small box (like a shoe box) with a hole cut in it. Then put a hair drying on heat through the hole (keeping it well away from the figure) and let them sit a bit. Seems like a nice alternative to hot water and getting the figures wet.

bstu78

Postby bstu78 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:58 pm

ATom wrote:My order went in on the 11th at 11:12 am and it shipped today without The Hound or Tyrion. I'm really hoping that I get that second shipment notification sometime tonight.

I got the same message and am feeling anxious about it now, but at least its not an outright cancelation. I hate hunting so I was really thrilled to snag them online so quickly and easily and hope that wasn't an illusion.

ATom

Postby ATom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:21 pm

bstu78 wrote:
ATom wrote:My order went in on the 11th at 11:12 am and it shipped today without The Hound or Tyrion. I'm really hoping that I get that second shipment notification sometime tonight.

I got the same message and am feeling anxious about it now, but at least its not an outright cancelation. I hate hunting so I was really thrilled to snag them online so quickly and easily and hope that wasn't an illusion.

And I just got my cancelation order for Tyrion. That's really disappointing considering it seems like other people who ordered at the same time are getting theirs. Still waiting to hear about The Hound.

ATom

Postby ATom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Sorry to post again so soon but I just recieved my cancelations on both my Tyrion and The Hound figures. I placed my order originally on the 11th at about 11am so be warned if you were hoping that they would be shipped later this week.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:26 pm

ATom wrote:
bstu78 wrote:

And I just got my cancelation order for Tyrion. That's really disappointing considering it seems like other people who ordered at the same time are getting theirs. Still waiting to hear about The Hound.

Same here. :( Got my Tyrion cancellation and the the Hound cancellation a few minutes later.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:39 pm

ATom wrote:Sorry to post again so soon but I just recieved my cancelations on both my Tyrion and The Hound figures. I placed my order originally on the 11th at about 11am so be warned if you were hoping that they would be shipped later this week.

That's so bizarre because I placed my order for all 6 at 11:30 and they should be here Monday. Which shipping method did you choose? I got the free priority, so maybe they shipped out based on shipping method, giving priority to the people with faster shipping? I guess they could also have multiple fulfillment centers for different parts of the country, too.

Return to “Action Figures”