Peg Size Change - What Stands Do You Use?

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Wish It Was 1984

Peg Size Change - What Stands Do You Use?

Postby Wish It Was 1984 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Before today I have only owned a Super7 Skeletor and Tri-Klops figure, but I am starting to collect the full run of Funko's 1966 Classic Batman figures.

I noticed the peg hole on Skeletor was round, but on Tri-Klops and the new Batman figures, it's hexagonal :evil: .

A very strange change as it seemingly makes them incompatible with all aftermarket stands. I've been collecting for 20+ years. I have a variety of stands laying around. For modern, for vintage....the pegs are always 2mm or 3mm in diameter.

Unfortunately with the hexagon hole, it's 3mm wide at the center, and 2mm at the top and bottom.

This means my 3mm stands are too big and the 2mm so loose there is no grip at all.

I figured you guys would know best. Is there a hexagonal stand perfect for Funko figures? Is there somehow another method that works, either homemade or from a manufacturer?

Thanks

bgiles73

Re: Peg Size Change - What Stands Do You Use?

Postby bgiles73 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm not really sure if this will help or not, but I seem to remember some of my Vintage Kenner Star Wars figures having hexagonal peg holes in their feet and they fit the same pegs as their round pegged counterparts. Super 7 uses a heavier plastic than those Kenner originals though so I haven't really tested that theory. Super 7 has however, started selling their own stands.

Wish It Was 1984

Postby Wish It Was 1984 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:31 pm

bgiles73 wrote:I'm not really sure if this will help or not, but I seem to remember some of my Vintage Kenner Star Wars figures having hexagonal peg holes in their feet and they fit the same pegs as their round pegged counterparts. Super 7 uses a heavier plastic than those Kenner originals though so I haven't really tested that theory. Super 7 has however, started selling their own stands.

Appreciate the response. I have about almost 100 figures from the Kenner Star Wars line. I'll need to see if there's a site out there that showcases the peg holes, because I have no desire to pop them all out of their case to check. Some of those old stands can snap off in the holes!

But I still have some of the older stands that I use for them and it was just a no-go for the Batgirl I tried.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:41 pm

Wish It Was 1984

Postby Wish It Was 1984 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm

bgiles73 wrote:This link might help: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-t ... sizes.html

I appreciate the link but they were talking about small/large pegged stands. Like I said in the first post, the problem with Funko is that they changed to hexagon peg holes, and no round pegged stand I found works.

Wish It Was 1984

Postby Wish It Was 1984 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:37 pm

My search is at an end! No, I didn't find stands to fit Funko's stupid holes.

I doll stands that work even better. :)

If anyone is curious, they are Kaiser doll stands. Specifically #1075, the smallest they make.

Lyndsay_wagner

Postby Lyndsay_wagner » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 am

Wish It Was 1984 wrote:My search is at an end! No, I didn't find stands to fit Funko's stupid holes.

I doll stands that work even better. :)

If anyone is curious, they are Kaiser doll stands. Specifically #1075, the smallest they make.

Thanks for this info because I was wondering the same thing . I have been buying two sets of each Funko action figure item- one to keep them in the packaging and one to display them. I just haven't been able to figure out what stand to use for them. Thank you.
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImage
Instagram: Lyndsaywagner

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Thank you for the tip on the stands
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

post31

Postby post31 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 pm

I use the stands from my minimate they work well.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Return to “Action Figures”