The DC Primal Age Target Store Location Thread

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
lordslithor

The DC Primal Age Target Store Location Thread

Postby lordslithor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am

Hey everyone! We all know Target is supposed to be getting these figures, but so far I haven't seen them at every Target I've been to. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, this has been turning into a hunt since I first saw them. I've been noticing the rollout has been spotty.

I don't know if the holdup is due to the aforementioned quality control issues, or if some Target stores are just waiting to have space freed-up on their endcaps.

Either way, I thought I'd start this thread as a way to help those of us who are looking for these toys and to make our lives a little easier.

I'll go first. I live in Maryland, and so far I've only seen three stores here that have them: Towson, Westminster, and Frederick (who also had T-shirts!) I've been told the Annapolis store has them too, but I haven't been down there yet to confirm it.

So far, all the stores I've been to have the same three figures: Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern, which I all bought. If they had any of the others, I figure they must have been all bought before I got there. I've also seen both Ace and the Joker Beast at these stores, and Towson and Westminster have a Batcave.

Unfortunately, the one at Towson I noticed looked like it had been opened: all the tape on the top looked like it had been unsealed, as if someone was looking to see if it had all the parts inside. Also, that same store had a Joker Beast with the top half of its head either broken or unglued. My girlfriend took it to a sales associate who took it to be sent back.

The closest Target near me is Timonium, and so far I haven't seen anything there yet. The closest they have is the comic book, which I picked up. But if that's any indication, they'll probably be getting the toys at some point.

I was also at the Target in Mount Laurel, NJ a couple of weeks ago, and they had pretty much all of the figures except for Wonder Woman and Joker.

So what other Target stores has everyone been seeing them at? I'll also post updates if any other Targets have gotten them.

rexflexall

Re: The DC Primal Age Target Store Location Thread

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:59 pm

I've seen the line here in Vegas Targets lately. On and off.

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:28 am

I went to about 12 Targets in the Metro Atlanta area a few weeks ago and about 4 had Primal Age figures on display. The ones that had them had about 70 in their system according to employees and 20 on the shelf. 1 of the 4 dumped them in the action figure aisle.

I never saw a Mr. Freeze but found one on their website. The website had the rest in larger stock.

stevedawg85_funko

Postby stevedawg85_funko » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:09 am

good info, thanks for putting this together. Texas chiming in.

lordslithor

Postby lordslithor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:05 am

Update: I've been to just about every Target in my state. Most of the stores have them, but they're still pretty much the same figures I always see. I'm getting the impression that they've gotten all the ones they're ever going to get.

Most of them also have at least one Batcave. I've noticed that all the Batcaves appear to have the same issue where the tape seals are broken. The tape itself is pretty thin, and not the type that you usually see on boxes, which are wider. So I'm guessing they just simply broke due to stress and handling.

I got lucky in Middle River and found an Aquaman and a Scarecrow. The only ones I still haven't found are Mr. Freeze, King Shark, and The Joker. Looks like I'll have to order them online. (I just ordered Mr. Freeze and King Shark from ToyWiz. Hope the quality's good).

Interestingly, the Towson store seems to have gotten their exclusive Batman variants. There's several of them there.

The Timonium store appears to be getting Primal Age stuff piecemeal; I've seen both the comic and later a few lunchboxes. Just today I saw the two Beasts, Ace and the Joker Beast, and snapped them up.

My advice is if you see 'em, buy 'em. You may not get another chance next visit.

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:37 pm

I would really like if they made a Vandal Savage one Exclusive from Target
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 pm

I've found them all over the Indianapolis area. Really not having any problem finding all the figures.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:36 am

I finally spot the two beasts today for the first time and the castle a few days ago. It’s such a fun 80’s throwback...I hope more figs are planned after wave 2. I’m not sure they have actually nailed the perfect assortment of characters yet...scarecrow is such a head scratcher to me.

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 pm

ghostrye wrote:I finally spot the two beasts today for the first time and the castle a few days ago. It’s such a fun 80’s throwback...I hope more figs are planned after wave 2. I’m not sure they have actually nailed the perfect assortment of characters yet...scarecrow is such a head scratcher to me.

I think they’re more or less shooting for Super Friends vs. Legion of Doom.

They replaced Captain Cold with Mr. Freeze and Grodd with King Shark. But I THINK it’s partly about higher name recognition and partly because Funko supposedly has to make it clear in the designs that these are not based on comics, cartoons, or live action properties — or else Mattel would have the rights.

So modifying the designs and tweaking the rosters helps.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t be shocked by a lineup like:

Robin, Black Lightning, Katana, Manitou Raven, Catwoman, Riddler, Grundy, Hyena-Man Troop Builders — Maybe Cyborg, Firestorm, Wonder Twins, Darkseid, Kalibak, Brainiac, Circe

Really want a Supergirl though! Very easy to sort of mash-up Bombshells, She-Ra, and Primal Age Superman’s designs.

Gman18251

Postby Gman18251 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Saw some of these on clearance at 2 targets by me. If anyone is interested to pick them up give it a look.
:freddy4: love Pop collecting, mainly into rick and morty , all Star Wars, GOT and Marvel .

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:38 am

Hopefully they come out with another wave. These figures are so cool looking.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:40 pm

This random and slightly off topic, but The Batcave, which I know at the very least is sold at Funko Hollywood for $80, is on Amazon for less than $25:

Primal Age - The Batcave
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm

jjb11590 wrote:This random and slightly off topic, but The Batcave, which I know at the very least is sold at Funko Hollywood for $80, is on Amazon for less than $25:

Primal Age - The Batcave

The price recently jumped up to a little over $33...but still cheaper than $80.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Return to “Action Figures”