Dark Crystal Age of Resistance Series 2?

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
kassle

Dark Crystal Age of Resistance Series 2?

Postby kassle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:17 am

What a fantastic series. I'm loving the pics of the figures...but PLEASE Funko, make a Series 2 happen. The hardest thing for me with Funko is that we frequently see a beautiful line...that doesn't get a Series 2. This line BEGS for more Gelflings...more Skeksis. So many awesome possibilities with the Warrior Gelflings and Royal Gelflings and the Council.

I'd love to see:
*Princess Brea (the most heartbreaking omission from the line)
*Tavra
*Seladon
*Gurjin
*Maudra Fara
*Naia
*Kylan
*The Chamberlain
*The Emperorr
*The Scientist

If nothing else - we gotta have Brea! As an SDCC or NYCC exclusive...but she's one of the 3 leads. Please find a way Funko! :cherry:

Manclad

Re: Dark Crystal Age of Resistance Series 2?

Postby Manclad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Absolutely - I saw a YouTube review saying Funko "might" not be doing more action figures. I hope that isn't the case. I'm on episode 8 of the new Dark Crystal - so amazing. Took an episode to get used to the creepy puppets again though lol.

As for my wants, I'd just love more Gelfings - the more the merrier - so many clans and characters!

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 pm

would love all the Skeksis. They are some of the best designed characters out there.

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:08 am

Is this the only thread for the new DC Resistance line?! Thought there would be more fanfare!

I received my first Dark Crystal Resistance figure, the Silk Spitter (spider) - huge improvements in quality compared to the previous DC basic line. These feature much more articultion (12 POA specifically for this figure), and higher quality plastic. I recall for the previous line, some of my figures felt like their neck or limbs would snap right off if too much pressure was applied. The MSRP appears to be $12, but I found some characters on Amazon for $10 - and for either price, its especially a good deal for this size figure. I wish other companies like Hasbro could release a creature this size for that pricepoint. Funko is doing a superior job in that regard. While only having one figure so far, I am extremely excited for the rest of the lineup, and I hope to see another wave at some point!​

Manclad

Postby Manclad » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:48 am

There was a thread for these new DC figures but it got deleted. It had a lot of replies. I think the pictures of the figures were leaked too soon, so it got taken off.

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:17 pm

Shame to delete an entire thread instead of...ya know...the pictures.

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Crystal figure order - a couple were being pushed out to possibly November. I immediately zipped to the local FYE, and picked up the missing figures ($12 each), luckily they had a few left, including the two I needed to complete a set. I don't think I have a favorite - they are all expertly sculpted. The Hunter is just on another level though. Seems like a number of stores have sold out of them, and many online retailers have switched to back-ordered status. I also picked up the FYE exclusive Deet POP, which glows in the dark (normally $15, on sale for $10). She also has wings, which the regular version does not. The baby Nurlock, is just as much a draw as Deet - I love these bonuses that come with some POPs. I far prefer the action figures over POPs, but its the Dark Crystal! I bought all the figures, but I don't think I'll buy all the POPs, unless I dedicate another room to my collection, lol...

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 am

I don’t have an FYE any where near me, and I haven’t seen the figures in any other stores around here. I want a Deet and Hup so I guess I have to hope my Amazon order actually comes through. I am happy these are so popular though, maybe it means we will get another wave (or at least a Brea).
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 am

Looks like fun!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:44 pm

I just started watching this show, and it’s really good, it took a few episodes for me to have this opinion, but I really like it. Not sure how popular it is though l, but I agree you, there’s so many characters that can be done. Hope it happens!
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

kassle

Postby kassle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:27 pm

scullysdad wrote:maybe it means we will get another wave (or at least a Brea).

Brea really is the great oversight of both lines. I'm very surprised that Mira got a Pop over Brea, and that there's no Brea action figure. I'm hopeful that the fact Mira got produced means they've been planning to anchor Wave 2 merchandise with Brea.

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:46 pm

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do an exclusive action figure set. For the previous DC line, they had the Landstrider set and the Garthim set. Brea packed with Lore would compliment those releases, and fill the void of a main character, along with adding another "creature" to the assortment. My only guess is that another season is planned, and there will be more figures released when that happens.

Does Funko watch them forums for ideas?

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:46 am

Yes please!! I’m extra obsessed with the Netflix series and the figures Funko has done so far are beautiful!!
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:44 pm

The POP line has a Wanderer & Heretic 2-pack exclusive to Target, I wonder if they'll be made as action figures as well? The crossover seems to be pretty consistent, the only existing POP that didn't get a action figure thus far for the series is Mira.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 am

This would be a great line!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:34 pm

MadLove wrote:Yes please!! I’m extra obsessed with the Netflix series and the figures Funko has done so far are beautiful!!

The original movie was great and the Netflix series is pretty phenomenal. I hope Funko makes them!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Guyhoff

Postby Guyhoff » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:17 pm

I can’t believe they haven’t made more. I want an exclusive mold of Rian.
Terry
Cleveland, OH
YouTube: Headless Ned Stark
https://linktr.ee/headlessnedstark

SDCC - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024

NYCC - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

SW Celebration - 2019, 2022

Funko Fundays - 2023

Fright Night - 2022

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm not waiting for Funko to release more figures, I'm guessing they wont unless there is another season, so I made one of my favorites - Naia. This character exists in novels and the Netflix series, but the design is my own. She appears dark and drab in the series, so I decided to give her a bit more color, and even incorporated a Star Wars accessory - Padme's cloak. This is how she turned out:

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:04 pm

I was finally able to upgrade a Kira figure as well, since I had a spare set of wings.

kassle

Postby kassle » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:28 pm

Two things make me sad here:

1) Age of Resistance not getting a series 2. Brea...Seladon...Maudra Fara...Gurjin...Tavra...Rek'yr...so many more Gelfling that could have made such an amazing collectible series for fans.

2) Funko's absolute lack of interest in replying to us about anything. I've been a member here for over 5 years and watching Funko move toward completely ignoring their action figure fans feels incredibly disheartening. In my real world when I am not shown value, I exit those relationships. I am recognizing that I need to carry that same desire for value and respect in relationships where I am a customer as well.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:39 am

I finally saw these in a store for the first time - one battered Aughra at the Target by work. I know it belonged there, the shelf had a tag for them, but I didn't spot any of the others and no other Target that I have been to has had any.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

ThePowerOfGus

Postby ThePowerOfGus » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:17 pm

scullysdad wrote:I finally saw these in a store for the first time - one battered Aughra at the Target by work. I know it belonged there, the shelf had a tag for them, but I didn't spot any of the others and no other Target that I have been to has had any.

I saw a set of them at a Target in Orange County. They're out there, but not in big numbers.
Toy Collector - Scenic Designer - Goofball

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Glad there are sightings. I'll have to run by my target and see what they have.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Return to “Action Figures”