Metalflake Iron Man Gamestop Exclusive

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Metalflake Iron Man Gamestop Exclusive

Postby BigM » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Saw this up on Gamestop's website but it isn't available to order yet but it may be in some select stores.

LE 1000

Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

mohawkjones

Re: Metalflake Iron Man Gamestop Exclusive

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Holy crap, that looks sharp! That is literal the one I was most hoping they would be making!!!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:37 pm

That looks pretty cool, thanks for heads up!
2012 Rookie of the Year

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Man, all the Hikari colorways for Iron Man have been amazing so far. He's not even a character I'm particularly invested in but I am digging these!
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Warner

Postby Warner » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Paint job looks awesome! I wasn't intending to buy any iron man Hikari.... But now..
Kyle

https://instagram.com/kaier_customs/

kenerickkoo

Postby kenerickkoo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:31 am

This looks awesome!
My name is Ken
Hulk addict

ISO:
Freddy Hulk GITD Wacky Wobbler
Freddy Hulk Green GITD Wacky Wobbler
Metallic Hulk 1/12 Wacky Wobbler

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Picked this up in-store today. Had to drive about 30 minutes away, in the hot Texas sun (car has no a/c ... ) to get it though; my three closest shops didn't have it, and the one I called didn't offer to order it, and seemed to know nothing about it.

Anyway, I get to the store, and they've already OPENED IT, and put it in a glass case. Why would they take it out of the box? I called that store earlier to reserve it, and they said nothing about it being opened.

I inspected it, and the box, and both looked ok, so I got it. But I found it odd that they would open it at all. The entire figure in its window box could have easily fit into that display case.

So, despite the gauntlet I ran to get it, it's still pretty cool in person.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Mickey! Who knew Gamestop would get an exclusive Hikari piece. Unfortunately, none of the local GS's have it in stock and I'm not going to drive 45min-1hr for it. It's a very sharp looking piece though!
I'm Abe

unoudid
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby unoudid » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:21 am

very cool looking piece!
-Ross

Looking for Destiny & Pixar Protos

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Anybody else have any luck finding one of these? Unavailable to order online, website says no store within 100 miles has it and when I went to the store they were not available to order it for me. If it is a run of 1K pieces I would figure that would be enough to get them around to most stores and online...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Where does the name come from? Metalflake = just metallic?
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Warner

Postby Warner » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Valde wrote:Where does the name come from? Metalflake = just metallic?

Flake might refer to glitter maybe.
Kyle

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Check your Hot Topics. Found a ton of them at mine today.

Although now that I'm at home looking at my GS one, maybe the HT one is not metal flake and just the regular yellow colored.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Sir Real wrote:Check your Hot Topics. Found a ton of them at mine today.

Although now that I'm at home looking at my GS one, maybe the HT one is not metal flake and just the regular yellow colored.

The one I picked up at HT is named "Original Iron Man" and has a larger edition run. From what I see in pictures online it looks like the Gamestop one might be cast in a slight translucent plastic with glitter/flakes in it. Can anybody who has the Metalflake version confirm? I am an Iron Man junkie and will go for almost anything IM (except the lazy "Stealth" Hikari) but if these 2 are very close I may be swayed to just one or the other...

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:12 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sir Real wrote:Check your Hot Topics. Found a ton of them at mine today.

The one I picked up at HT is named "Original Iron Man" and has a larger edition run. From what I see in pictures online it looks like the Gamestop one might be cast in a slight translucent plastic with glitter/flakes in it. Can anybody who has the Metalflake version confirm? I am an Iron Man junkie and will go for almost anything IM (except the lazy "Stealth" Hikari) but if these 2 are very close I may be swayed to just one or the other...

I'm almost certain the ones I saw at Hot Topic had "1000" on them, just like the Gamestop one does. I really need to get back in there and recheck what I saw.

To answer your flakes question, yes, the GS one that I have does sparkle a bit. But the vinyl isn't translucent at all, or clear, in any way. The flicker, or sparkle, is due solely to the metallic paint, which has small specks in it that kind of twinkle in the light, if that makes sense.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:39 pm

To answer your flakes question, yes, the GS one that I have does sparkle a bit. But the vinyl isn't translucent at all, or clear, in any way. The flicker, or sparkle, is due solely to the metallic paint, which has small specks in it that kind of twinkle in the light, if that makes sense.[/quote]

Thanks and bummer, I was hoping for some more in-between Molecular and the Original with the Metalflake. Now I really want to see it in person before making the call to buy it. Sounds like they may look a bit too similar on the shelf. The HT Original has a 1200 piece run.

reddog

Postby reddog » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:41 pm

i asked my cousin who lives in another state to pick one up for me, but only if the box is in great condition. the game stop where i go has a lot of messed up boxes. i'm also not even interested in hikaris, but this one looks really cool.
interested in anime protos, bruce lee protos, all things star wars and star trek.

Warner

Postby Warner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:06 am

Here is the LE 1200 Metallic Iron Man from Hot Topic.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Funko/ ... 428106.jsp

Looks like the big difference between this one and the game stop one is that the game stop one is GLITTER metallic.
Kyle

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:46 am

Warner wrote:Here is the LE 1200 Metallic Iron Man from Hot Topic.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Funko/ ... 428106.jsp

Looks like the big difference between this one and the game stop one is that the game stop one is GLITTER metallic.

Thanks for this link! I had been searching 'Iron Man Hikari' and I wasn't finding it. I just ordered it and used the $20 off promo (HTBELLS15). Thanks again!
I'm Abe

Warner

Postby Warner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:28 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Thanks for this link! I had been searching 'Iron Man Hikari' and I wasn't finding it. I just ordered it and used the $20 off promo (HTBELLS15). Thanks again!

Do you know when that coupon expires? And I've noticed some Hikari only come up when you search "limited vinyl" and not "hikari".
Kyle

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Warner wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Do you know when that coupon expires? And I've noticed some Hikari only come up when you search "limited vinyl" and not "hikari".

Holy cow, thanks for that tip. So THAT'S where all the Hikari were hiding! I've also noticed they're categorized oddly - many don't show up under "Funko" at all, but do show up under the section for their respective franchise, like Star Wars.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Warner

Postby Warner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:55 pm

CAHRULL wrote:Holy cow, thanks for that tip. So THAT'S where all the Hikari were hiding! I've also noticed they're categorized oddly - many don't show up under "Funko" at all, but do show up under the section for their respective franchise, like Star Wars.

Yeah their site is a little wonky. It's like how you can sometimes google a pop and hot topic to find the page but you wouldn't be able to find it through searching on hot topic's website.
Kyle

Warner

Postby Warner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Warner wrote:Do you know when that coupon expires? And I've noticed some Hikari only come up when you search "limited vinyl" and not "hikari".

Found the answer to my own question. This coupon nets $20.00 off $75.00 and expires 09/05.
Kyle

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Warner wrote:
Warner wrote:Do you know when that coupon expires? And I've noticed some Hikari only come up when you search "limited vinyl" and not "hikari".

Found the answer to my own question. This coupon nets $20.00 off $75.00 and expires 09/05.

Yessir! Even with the promotion, it's not the best price for a not so limited Hikari, but it's Iron Man so what the hell! :forcelightning:
I'm Abe

Warner

Postby Warner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:29 pm

When the generic 20% off comes back on you can grab a Hikari at 63, a pop at 10, and whatever little add on to make the 2 dollar difference to grab it all for 55. At least that will be my plan.
Kyle

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:54 pm

Sir Real wrote:To answer your flakes question, yes, the GS one that I have does sparkle a bit. But the vinyl isn't translucent at all, or clear, in any way. The flicker, or sparkle, is due solely to the metallic paint, which has small specks in it that kind of twinkle in the light, if that makes sense.

mohawkjones wrote:Thanks and bummer, I was hoping for some more in-between Molecular and the Original with the Metalflake. Now I really want to see it in person before making the call to buy it. Sounds like they may look a bit too similar on the shelf. The HT Original has a 1200 piece run.

I now think Metal Flake Hikar Iron Man IS a bit translucent. At home this morning, I rounded the corner into the room where I have him, still in box, and it caught the morning light diagonally through the box window in a way I hadn't seen before, and he looked clear.

I didn't have time to take him out of the box and hold him up to a proper light to see for sure, but there's a good chance he IS a bit see-through. I'll confirm later today and post again.

If so, that's good news for you, and it give me the justification I need to buy the regular one from Hot Topic now, since they would then be a bit more different than I had originally thought. :D
Last edited by Sir Real on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Sir Real wrote:I didn't have time to take him out of the box and hold him up to a proper light to see for sure, but there's a good chance he IS a bit see-through. I'll confirm later today and post again.

If so, that's good news for you, and it give me the justification I need to buy the regular one from Hot Topic now, since they would then be a bit more different than I had originally thought. :D

Thanks, much appreciated. Of course it may all my for naught if I can not get ahold of one. Still N/A on Gamestop's website and still available my local store to order for me despite being available in other regions. Odd how they are handling the roll out around here. Groot did show up in select stores around here so there is hope yet... :spiderman3:

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:45 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sir Real wrote:I didn't have time to take him out of the box and hold him up to a proper light to see for sure, but there's a good chance he IS a bit see-through. I'll confirm later today and post again.

Thanks, much appreciated. Of course it may all my for naught if I can not get ahold of one. Still N/A on Gamestop's website and still available my local store to order for me despite being available in other regions. Odd how they are handling the roll out around here. Groot did show up in select stores around here so there is hope yet... :spiderman3:

I can probably drum one up around here. Want me to start looking?

SirMace

Postby SirMace » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:10 pm

BigM wrote:Saw this up on Gamestop's website but it isn't available to order yet but it may be in some select stores.

LE 1000

Very cool!!! Might try and grab one of these!!!
#Funko Funklub member 10142

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Metal flake iron man IS DEFINITELY TRANSLUCENT.

Side by side with Original Iron Man, the two are virtually indistinguishable, so the clear factor isn't seen at all until you put it in front of a light.

So, I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep mine. I'd hoped that the two colors would differ, but they're really the same red and yellow.

I'll snap some comparison pics of the colors and in front of a light later. Phone battery is too low ro run the camera flash right now.

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:11 am

Okay, here are some comparison pics between Gamestop exclusive (translucent) Metal Flake Iron Man, and Original Iron Man I got at Hot Topic (I don't think it's exclusive there).

Metal Flake: 1000
Original: 1200

Side by side, in regular room light, they look nearly identical to me.
(I've removed the arm tag on each, and put it in the bottom of the box where the card is, to see the figures better.)

Metal Flake:left, Original:right

But with a light behind them, either in front of a window, or perhaps in a display case with light shining from the back, you can see the difference clearly.

In front of a window in the morning light: Metal Flake:left, Original:right

And with a bright lamp behind each:

Metal Flake:

Original:

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:10 am

Great comparison pics! At first glance you'd swear they were the same. I mean, if it didn't have those big ol' 1000/1200 stickers on the window.

And for those folks interested in buying the 'HT Exclusive', here's $30 off your $75 purchase:

$30 off $75 - use online code AUGBTS30A1

You can get it for ~$50.
I'm Abe

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Anyone want my Gamestop exclusive metal flake iron man Hikari? If not I think I'm gonna return it, for me it's just too close to the 1200-issue, and I'll never make use of, or highlight the translucence of it, and is tying up my $80 for another Hikari. =)

Return to “Hikari”