Marvel hikari licensing vs marvel pop licensing?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
slim1977

Marvel hikari licensing vs marvel pop licensing?

Postby slim1977 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:43 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knows how funko was able to make the hikari without having to create it as a hikari bobble head? I know for pop it's a licensing issue. So how come it's not the same for hikari?
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

eastWOLF

Re: Marvel hikari licensing vs marvel pop licensing?

Postby eastWOLF » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

This is sofubi Japanese vinyl not regular vinyl. Also this doesn't clash with any other type of licensing from another company.
Kai
IG: @eastwolfstyle
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:10 pm

eastWOLF wrote:This is sofubi Japanese vinyl not regular vinyl. Also this doesn't clash with any other type of licensing from another company.

This pretty much sums it up. The Pop license conflicts with Hasbro's Marvel licenses (6", 3.75", 2", Mighty Muggs - the big Pop conflict - etc.) and Hasbro is SUPER protective of their licenses. Look at the Hasbro/Lego conflict. Hasbro is the reason Lego stopped selling the Star Wars mini-figure single packs and why Lego started glueing the mini-figures to the magnet bases in the magnet 3-packs. Hasbro contested selling the mini-figures outside of the "construction sets" infringed on their action-figure licenses so Lego had to stop.

Hikari is a more unique product that doesn't fall under anything in Hasbro's master toy licenses for both Marvel and Star Wars so we all get Hikaris.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Thanks for the answers, from what I read about Hasbro I was surprised that they didn't try to say that it infringed on the mega figures or something.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Return to “Hikari”