Bad Hikari News...

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
ComicsZombie

Bad Hikari News...

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:21 pm

At the end of last year I found this amazing piece on Goodwill Finds. There was next to no information about it floating around as far as what it was, quantity that exist etc. Pop Price Guide had it listed as a "Prototype" from the Legendary Creatures and Myths show in the Philippines.

Well, I picked it up for really cheap! Check it out!

Well, a couple weeks later, I got an email from Ray, who works at the Evergreen Goodwill and we have a little exchange...

They never even asked me if I still wanted it. They just threw it away. Perhaps it happened before I ordered, but dang I would have taken it damaged and glued it together... My disappointment was powerful. And there appears to be one less of these in the world.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Bad Hikari News...

Postby lavery01 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:33 pm

Really sucks that it was damage and you won’t be receiving it, your frustration is understandable. But I’m thinking it was just tooo damage, possibly too unsafe to ship. May you stumble upon another piece just as nice as that one was. Good Luck.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:53 pm

lavery01 wrote:Really sucks that it was damage and you won’t be receiving it, your frustration is understandable. But I’m thinking it was just tooo damage, possibly too unsafe to ship. May you stumble upon another piece just as nice as that one was. Good Luck.

Indeed. Lol, either way. a loss to the Hikari collection worldwide. :(
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:58 pm

It sucks but happens. Wonder what happened in-between the pics on the site to the point of shipment.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:56 pm

I was in attendance for that Hikari event here some years ago here in Manila.

Can attest that most of the pieces displayed during the show were really non-licensed asian myths/dragon stuff.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:18 pm

renardchua wrote:I was in attendance for that Hikari event here some years ago here in Manila.

Can attest that most of the pieces displayed during the show were really non-licensed asian myths/dragon stuff.

I was super excited to find it! And it was a cool piece. Ah well, maybe I can find a good deal on a different one XD. The Dragon Kings are pretty neat.
#BeastBoyShrine

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:08 pm

:freddy1: Hasn't there been problems between Funko and MINDstyle in the past? :freddy3:

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:16 pm

I wonder if Ray knew what he had and decided he should buy it himself. I really hope something like this didn't get thrown in the trash.

DarkSonic

Postby DarkSonic » Mon May 29, 2023 3:21 pm

No way they smashed it into pieces! Backdoor for sure
WonderCon Fun House 23 - Camp Fundays 23

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue May 30, 2023 1:00 pm

bluesnote wrote:I wonder if Ray knew what he had and decided he should buy it himself. I really hope something like this didn't get thrown in the trash.

Lol, also wouldn't be surprised. But ah well, we might never see it again. XD
#BeastBoyShrine

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:04 am

ComicsZombie wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Really sucks that it was damage and you won’t be receiving it, your frustration is understandable. But I’m thinking it was just tooo damage, possibly too unsafe to ship. May you stumble upon another piece just as nice as that one was. Good Luck.

Somehow missed this thread! That is wild and I am not exactly sure that their story adds up. Smashed to pieces? It's soft sofubi-ish style vinyl, they do not just shatter. I would have loved to have seen the "damaged" pictures, it's a shame they did not provide that. This would have been an epic find!

Some of the Goodwill auctions have seemed odd to me. I used to watch for vintage Star Wars figures, the bids on their listings would go way over the average market rates.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:43 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:

Somehow missed this thread! That is wild and I am not exactly sure that their story adds up. Smashed to pieces? It's soft sofubi-ish style vinyl, they do not just shatter. I would have loved to have seen the "damaged" pictures, it's a shame they did not provide that. This would have been an epic find!

Some of the Goodwill auctions have seemed odd to me. I used to watch for vintage Star Wars figures, the bids on their listings would go way over the average market rates.

For sure. I even asked to see the damage because if a part was broken, I might just glue it to fix it. :( Maybe it's still out there, but damn.
#BeastBoyShrine

Caroborri

Postby Caroborri » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:56 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:

Such a shame. Nice piece

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:46 pm

That was such a nice piece! So many different dimensions!

Return to “Hikari”