My only Hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
User avatar
Nis_chac
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:42 pm
Contact:

My only Hikari

Postby Nis_chac » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi I just wanted to share my only Hikari: Golden Spider-Man LE 750 :compress:

I bought him from a store called Wild Bill’s. I don’t know how many of you know of Wild Bill or his store but he was a friend of Mike Becker and a collector of all things! After he passed away a few years ago, his children couldn’t keep the store going. I was able to acquire some older cooler Funkos, including the spider man, when they went on sale. I wish the store was still around it really was an overwhelming adventure of nostalgia when you walked through there!
If you haven’t heard about Wild Bill and his wild store definitely take a look at the Facebook page!

User avatar
Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Posts: 4452
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Wild Bill is definitely a legend around here. It's sad that his store couldn't stay open.

Great pick up though, I love Hikari and wish the line was still alive.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
Image
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 3914
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Great picture and thanks for sharing! I never got to see Wild Bill's in person but the pictures and stories here are incredible. Bummed I missed it.
I be Chris


Image

User avatar
Marvel_Mama
Posts: 2367
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:47 pm

I have one Hikari too. Green Grunge Groot from ECCC Le 100. Love him.
Image
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:39 am

Dang, that's a nice one! I didn't even know there were Marvel Hikari. I used to have a Creature From the black Lagoon Hikari but solf him since he didn't really fit my collection.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 13470
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Miami Beach
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:25 pm

such a great piece, i have one also....makes me want more lol ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
Image

User avatar
renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby renardchua » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Nis_chac wrote:Hi I just wanted to share my only Hikari: Golden Spider-Man LE 750 :compress:

I bought him from a store called Wild Bill’s. I don’t know how many of you know of Wild Bill or his store but he was a friend of Mike Becker and a collector of all things! After he passed away a few years ago, his children couldn’t keep the store going. I was able to acquire some older cooler Funkos, including the spider man, when they went on sale. I wish the store was still around it really was an overwhelming adventure of nostalgia when you walked through there!
If you haven’t heard about Wild Bill and his wild store definitely take a look at the Facebook page!


Great Hikari, but an even greater photo! Nice shot! :cheers:
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Image

User avatar
KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 4146
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:49 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:15 pm

What a nice piece you have! I love Hikaris and mainly have Spideys, Captain America and Ironman from Marvel! Space consuming in tiny Singapore, but they look good!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
Nis_chac
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Nis_chac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Wild Bill is definitely a legend around here. It's sad that his store couldn't stay open.

Great pick up though, I love Hikari and wish the line was still alive.

Definitely, miss that store but his memory lives on! I have some Wild bills wobblers ill post some pics soon!

MasterSplyntr wrote:Great picture and thanks for sharing! I never got to see Wild Bill's in person but the pictures and stories here are incredible. Bummed I missed it.

Thanks! it was a real experience going! such a shame that it had to close :-({|=

divade23 wrote:I have one Hikari too. Green Grunge Groot from ECCC Le 100. Love him.

Cool! seems like " I have one Hikari" seems to be the theme lol

YeetGrimes wrote:Dang, that's a nice one! I didn't even know there were Marvel Hikari. I used to have a Creature From the black Lagoon Hikari but solf him since he didn't really fit my collection.

I've considered selling mine as well bc he's pretty much the only marvel I have in my collections but its a memento from Wils Bill's so I keep him!

mongoose12 wrote:such a great piece, i have one also....makes me want more lol ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

I would definitely have at least a few of these but they're so expensive!

renardchua wrote:
Great Hikari, but an even greater photo! Nice shot! :cheers:

Thank you!

KidMarvel wrote:What a nice piece you have! I love Hikaris and mainly have Spideys, Captain America and Ironman from Marvel! Space consuming in tiny Singapore, but they look good!

True I wish they were more affordable!

User avatar
StarWarsFunkoGirl
Posts: 1402
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Lenhartsville, PA
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 pm

Love the pic !! Wish I could take photos like that
Image

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

User avatar
Nis_chac
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Nis_chac » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:22 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:Love the pic !! Wish I could take photos like that

You can! I took that shot on my iPhone 6 I think! Get an app called Snapseed for some really easy editing!

User avatar
StarWarsFunkoGirl
Posts: 1402
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Lenhartsville, PA
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:25 am

Nis_chac wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:Love the pic !! Wish I could take photos like that

You can! I took that shot on my iPhone 6 I think! Get an app called Snapseed for some really easy editing!


Thanks, I'll try that
Image

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

User avatar
Hgmaddhatter
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Thanks for sharing, such a cool piece for any collection.
Image

User avatar
Nis_chac
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Nis_chac » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Thanks for sharing, such a cool piece for any collection.

Thanks! I actually gave it to a friend who wanted it for her husband as an anniversary gift, I’m glad I have this photo!

But since then I also got a Cthulhu two pack!

User avatar
jagpop
Posts: 3342
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: My only Hikari

Postby jagpop » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:25 pm

Nis_chac wrote:Hi I just wanted to share my only Hikari: Golden Spider-Man LE 750 :compress:

I bought him from a store called Wild Bill’s. I don’t know how many of you know of Wild Bill or his store but he was a friend of Mike Becker and a collector of all things! After he passed away a few years ago, his children couldn’t keep the store going. I was able to acquire some older cooler Funkos, including the spider man, when they went on sale. I wish the store was still around it really was an overwhelming adventure of nostalgia when you walked through there!
If you haven’t heard about Wild Bill and his wild store definitely take a look at the Facebook page!

I like it! One Hikari leads to two...leads to three. They are great figures.
Image

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

User avatar
Nis_chac
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Nis_chac » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:43 am

Why did this thread pop up again? Lol

ldela001
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:41 am

Re: My only Hikari

Postby ldela001 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:22 pm

No shame in having just one!
Funko Goals:
-Attend Fundays
-Win a prototype
-Collect all Ewok-related Pops!

:wwe7:

Jalapenopete
Posts: 2383
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Central Coast
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Jalapenopete » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:59 pm

Great story iam gonna have to check out his page, congrats on your hikari, I hikari line is so awesome, I have a few freddys and stormtrooper, the marshmallow man came out great in hikari form
:freddy3:

Image

User avatar
LegendOfAsgard
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:44 pm

Re: My only Hikari

Postby LegendOfAsgard » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:24 pm

Let's go Hikari! Show some love for this line.

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: My only Hikari

Postby Tusken » Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:59 am

I always thought these were very cool and love seeing the old school funatic's collections on here. I can't remember if they have a Superman or not. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Hikari”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users