What's with Skeletor? Why no He-man, She-ra or anyone else?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Galacticat

What's with Skeletor? Why no He-man, She-ra or anyone else?

Postby Galacticat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Don't get me wrong- I like the various colors of Hikari Skeletor- there are so many and so many good deals! And he looks really cool in so many many incarnations. However, and this may be just me- Skeletor really needs a prop like He-Man to display well. Again, my opinion only but it is hard to have the bad guy without his counterpart. If they would release He-man (in any color scheme) I'd snap them both up very quickly!

How likely is it that Funko is planning a He-man Hikari at some point ?

mohawkjones

Re: What's with Skeletor? Why no He-man, She-ra or anyone e

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:13 pm

I've been wondering the same thing since I picked up my first Skeletor Hikari. I would love to have a He-Man to go along side of him.

And when they do the "Greyskull" version skip the white/grey deco and give us a green/black true "Greyskull" color way!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Warner

Postby Warner » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Although I love most Hikari, I have noticed that most of the characters are villains or at least "anti hero" type characters. I think astro boy and iron man have been the only true hero Hikari (Batman is pretty dark in his own way and the Hulk is definitely more of an anti hero).
Kyle

https://instagram.com/kaier_customs/

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Yeah- Castle Greyskull was not grey... buty maybe they were thinking a pun? I would have been more tempted by a Greyskull colorway - Greyskull colored.

So I was thinking that there must be dozens (or at least 15) of the variou Skeletor guys- and collected all the pictures to keep track. Guess there are only 7. Still a lot with no He-Man. Imagine though if they released 7 consecutive He-mans in different colorways? MATCHING the prior releases of Skeletors? Honestly it would drive crazy as I would of course need a matching set of the very coolest colorway...

The fact that Skeletor is the very cheapest selling Hikari out there (other than Chinese knock-offs) suggests that maybe I am not the only one tired of Skeletor all by his lonesome. Yes- a rainbow army of Skeletor is kinda cool- but I'd rather have sets or collections of most things than a dozen different color variations of the same.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:55 am

You don't mess with my Skeletor Army!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by xmaldigolax on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:59 am

I think monster/creatures look better as hikari than a human would. It's like a generic human pop vs superhero pop.
Kai
IG: @eastwolfstyle
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:01 am

Exactly...I would love more MotU, but I wouldn't buy He-Man or She-Ra though, I would buy Hordak, Beast Man, Trap Jaw...oooooh Trap Jaw...that would be a fantastic Hikari.

I think it goes without saying, heroes don't look as cool as villains most times, because heroes are too busy doing heroic things, while Villains invest in their art department lol
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

sniktyouX_23

Postby sniktyouX_23 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 am

eastWOLF wrote:I think monster/creatures look better as hikari than a human would. It's like a generic human pop vs superhero pop.

I agree. I have an Iron Man hikari, and while I would love to add maybe a Thor or Cap to my collection I just don't feel like it would translate as well. I wouldn't mind being wrong though.
Hello everyone, I'm Amaris. Make mine Marvel! (and Harry Potter)
Pop Count: umm...a lot
Dorbz Count: who's counting?
Other: enough. Or is it?

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Yeah- I guess POP does a better job with the cuter figures like heros and such- whereas monsters seem to translate pretty well to Hikari...

I just KNEW someone had a Skeletor army!

Return to “Hikari”