we need a MLP Bugbear *and other odd MLP monsters.

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Dark69

we need a MLP Bugbear *and other odd MLP monsters.

Postby Dark69 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:10 pm

I think the Hikari line would be the best place to make some of the odd big monsters from My Little Pony that would probably not work in the other line.

Take Bugbear for instance. He would fit right in with any Sofubi collection so he would appeal to both MLP fan's who want more bad guy's and to Sofubi fan's who like crazy monster's.

xmaldigolax

Re: we need a MLP Bugbear *and other odd MLP monsters.

Postby xmaldigolax » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Despite being a person who does not care foe MLP, this logic is sound and I agree. Maybe not bugbear specifically (trying to imagine the sculpt) but villains and monsters always seem to work as hikari
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Dark69 wrote:I think the Hikari line would be the best place to make some of the odd big monsters from My Little Pony that would probably not work in the other line.

Take Bugbear for instance. He would fit right in with any Sofubi collection so he would appeal to both MLP fan's who want more bad guy's and to Sofubi fan's who like crazy monster's.

Couldn't agree more. Tirek comes to mind and even Discord would make amazing Hikaris. I do hope we get a variety of characters and not just ponies
Dorian Arloe

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Tirek would be high on my list for this, I think he'd be perfect as a Hikari figure. Discord too, but since we already have him as a regular vinyl, I'd like to see other characters before him.

There have also been quite a few monsters from the show that would make neat figures.
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:08 pm

There are a few pretty cool looking monster villains from MLP that would make cool Hikari- but they are all obscure enough that I don't think that any would sell particularly well or be particularly popular (I'm afraid)

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:05 am

Galacticat they probably would do better as vinyls since they are cheaper. I know for a fact that Changelings would do well, army builders!
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Agreed- plus most of the interesting characters are horse or horse-like shaped (griffins, changelings) so that works better as vinyl than Hikari - (Hikari all seem to be a vaguely humanoid - ie two arms two legs and upright- shape).

I would seriously buy an army of vinyl changelings. I suspect I would not be the only one. I wish they'd make one- I would not hesitate (for once) to order an entire box...

Return to “Hikari”