Regular (non-metallic) Hikari Bossk

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Sir Real

Regular (non-metallic) Hikari Bossk

Postby Sir Real » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:06 pm

I hadn't seen the regular version before, was it just released? I've seen this on ebay recently, but the sellers I think were mixing up the pictures of the metallic and non-metallic Bossk.

The 1000 edition is the regular one, and the 750 edition is the metallic one. But I've seen a pic on ebay of a metallic figure in a 1000 box, so I was confused by it all, and didn't want to ebay it and receive the wrong one.

Anyway, I'm glad I waited, since both are now on HotTopic's website, and the 1000 edition is clearly the non-metallic version, so I ordered it. I also used that $30 off coupon, so it was a bit over $50, which was reasonable to me.

mohawkjones

Re: Regular (non-metallic) Hikari Bossk

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Sweet, thanks for the head's up on Hot Topic! I ordered the Planet X version and have been hoping there would be a more standard version since the metallic comes off looking grotesque to me. Something about his skin texture and the gold metallic look just does not jive together for me.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:52 pm

I got him not too long ago.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:42 pm

I love both versions, I'm still not sure which one I'm going to pick up for my collection.
ImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie * June 2017 COTM * Let's be friends in Pokémon GO! My Trainer Code is 759698020725 - Team Valor.
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

Sir Real

Postby Sir Real » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:15 pm

The gold version of Bossk has a definite "chase Smaug" feel to me, which might look cool if the two were displayed next to one another, but there's no reason for Bossk to have metallic gold skin, while the entire rest of his costume is standard colors.

So I've been trying to get, at least for Star Wars, only the regular colored Hikaris. My exceptions are the Stormtrooper variants, like the steel blue, tarnished silver, and copper/penny, since I can sort of imagine those colors as being just different suits of armor. Holo Vader also works for me, but all the glittery ones don't.

Although Inferno Boba Fett looks real good...

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Sir Real wrote:The gold version of Bossk has a definite "chase Smaug" feel to me, which might look cool if the two were displayed next to one another, but there's no reason for Bossk to have metallic gold skin, while the entire rest of his costume is standard colors.

So I've been trying to get, at least for Star Wars, only the regular colored Hikaris. My exceptions are the Stormtrooper variants, like the steel blue, tarnished silver, and copper/penny, since I can sort of imagine those colors as being just different suits of armor. Holo Vader also works for me, but all the glittery ones don't.

Although Inferno Boba Fett looks real good...

I couldn't place what was so off about him but you nailed it right there.

I was going to stick with "regular colors" initially, then I got molecular Iron Man and loved how he looked in the light. So then I picked up the Loot Crate Cosmic Stormtrooper, feel in love with how they look in the light and all color relevance went out the window...

:laughing5:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

swind15

Postby swind15 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:14 am

I got the metallic Bossk in the mail a couple of days ago. In person the head of mine has a much more muted/gun metal metallic look than the glam shots.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:02 am

i saw the metallic in person at hot topic, and the regular, for some reason i really like the metallic better...
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Return to “Hikari”