Are Boba Fett Hikaris that delicate?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
big_matt

Are Boba Fett Hikaris that delicate?

Postby big_matt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:57 pm

So, I've have practically no luck with trying to finish up my Boba Fett Hikari collection. First, I order the prototype armor from Funko Shop, and when it arrives, the antenna (rangefinder) is broken off the head and is floating around the box. Customer Service was great, telling me that they'll replace it, but I have to send them the defective one back first, and they provide a pre-paid UPS label. I send it back, they let me know they've gotten it and are sending out my new one, and when that arrives, it is broken in the exact same way. That was close to or over 3 weeks ago, and they haven't replied to any of my emails since. Needless to say, I'm a bit p***.

Then, I find a decent deal on the Prism Fett on eBay, and when it arrives, there is a scratch/gash across his chest. The seller was OK, but didn't have any replacements, so they gave me my money back. I happened to find one on Amazon for roughly the same price, so I bought it. When I opened it yesterday. The antenna was broken off the head, and floating around the box. I contacted the seller this morning, and am waiting for a reply.

Has anyone else had issues with the antenna of their Fett being bent/loose/broken, or other general issues with the Boba Fett Hikari?
Pops: 1100+
Latest: Best Buy Arbiter
Wants: Freddy Fett, Red Skull, and many more

mohawkjones

Re: Are Boba Fett Hikaris that delicate?

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:45 pm

I have 3 Fetts, so far no problems at all!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:06 pm

I have seen many a Fett come out of the case with a broken rangefinder.

millerjer24

Postby millerjer24 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:22 pm

According to Gemini, it's very common.
Hey Everyone! My name is Jeremy and I'm a :freddy1: addict.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:30 pm

:smt056 I know there were lots of problems from people who ordered the Stitch Hikari's...luckily I wasn't one of them! Sorry about your luck
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:55 pm

I have a complete fett collection plus 2 spares and have only had one broken range finder and no decapitated ones. The gash in the paint could very well have been a variant. I had 2 of the starshine ones I'm hand at the same time and the paint was completely different on both since they are individually painted instead of fully mass produced
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:52 pm

I had a number of the prism Boba's come with the broken antenna same as the Stitch...there were also a number I shipped out to customers that were fine and those parts broke off in transit having left me just fine. Pretty common for those pieces

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:37 am

That's a bummer, guess I got lucky on my 3. Now I have to be extra careful when moving next month...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:07 pm

If you want to attempt to repair it, I've fixed thin broken pieces on plastic models by very carefully drilling into each piece (with a small pin vise, not a power drill) and epoxying a carbon fiber rod across the break. I take care to line the break up and wipe away any excess epoxy and the resulting repair is invisible and very strong. Never tried it on vinyl but I would think it would work just as well. Not sure if any of the Bobas are clear vinyl, I would probably paint the rod silver in those cases to try and make it less visible. Even if it is a little visible I would think it would still be better than a broken antenna!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

tjbhab
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby tjbhab » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:47 pm

That antenna is just kinda hanging out there and it breaks off all the time.
I'm Todd
COTM 10/12

Wobbler Wish List: Metallic Blue and Purple w/Black Crown Tux Wobbler Freddy.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:46 pm

I just added a bit of super-glue and stuck it back in. Problem solved.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:44 am

You have to remember that these are cheaply made Chinese "sofubi", trying to replicate traditional Japanese Sofubi....which you simply cannot do. The difference in price will tell you whats wrong there. It is sad to see the same issues across the board, most recently with Stitch Hikari's if I recall correctly. I would just say glue it and deal with it at this point.

Return to “Hikari”