Clear Glitter Boba Fett A/P Card Name Misprint?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
CoolSax

Clear Glitter Boba Fett A/P Card Name Misprint?

Postby CoolSax » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Hey all,
I'm new to Hikari collecting and I recently purchased the Clear Glitter Boba Fett that was the NYCC Exclusive from Gemini Collectibles. This is the first A/P one I've got and I know it means Art and Production. I also know about the debate on whether that's a good thing or not lol. That part is fine but my main problem is the name on the card says "Starfield Boba Fett" which they've never made. Everything I can see on this one makes it look legit and not an elaborate fake but the card may be was a misprint from Funko?

I know it's a longshot but I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this.

rexflexall

Re: Clear Glitter Boba Fett A/P Card Name Misprint?

Postby rexflexall » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 am

Email Gemini to inquire!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:35 am

I don't think that it is a fake, have you compared the card to any other Boba Fett cards of that kind? Maybe Starfield Boba Fett is the proper name for it?

Also A/P does not stand for Art & Production, it stands for Artist Proof. Artist proofs are truly hard to find, so you definitely caught a winner.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:26 am

CoolSax wrote:Hey all,
I'm new to Hikari collecting and I recently purchased the Clear Glitter Boba Fett that was the NYCC Exclusive from Gemini Collectibles. This is the first A/P one I've got and I know it means Art and Production. I also know about the debate on whether that's a good thing or not lol. That part is fine but my main problem is the name on the card says "Starfield Boba Fett" which they've never made. Everything I can see on this one makes it look legit and not an elaborate fake but the card may be was a misprint from Funko?

I know it's a longshot but I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this.

Sounds like you scored to me! I’ve always wanted an A/P and you got it on a Boba Fett!! Doesn’t get much more awesome than that!!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Not a bad piece, and it's the Fett! I do love how this one looks.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 am

The1one1 wrote:
CoolSax wrote:Hey all,

Sounds like you scored to me! I’ve always wanted an A/P and you got it on a Boba Fett!! Doesn’t get much more awesome than that!!

Whoa! That one looks so cool! Artist Proof is even cooler
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 am

TriFeckTa wrote:I don't think that it is a fake, have you compared the card to any other Boba Fett cards of that kind? Maybe Starfield Boba Fett is the proper name for it?

Also A/P does not stand for Art & Production, it stands for Artist Proof. Artist proofs are truly hard to find, so you definitely caught a winner.

Correct it stands for artist proof but it's mindestyle so it's not that rare, it seems like they put a bunch of these out there so imho it's not big of a deal. It is legit piece I have a few A/P pieces, just another way Mindstyle screws with numbers. A/P could stand for we need to make "A/P (another piece)" because they sold out, maybe that's part of the reason Hikari died but what do I know :D
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Reverend wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I don't think that it is a fake, have you compared the card to any other Boba Fett cards of that kind? Maybe Starfield Boba Fett is the proper name for it?

Correct it stands for artist proof but it's mindestyle so it's not that rare, it seems like they put a bunch of these out there so imho it's not big of a deal. It is legit piece I have a few A/P pieces, just another way Mindstyle screws with numbers. A/P could stand for we need to make "A/P (another piece)" because they sold out, maybe that's part of the reason Hikari died but what do I know :D

Wow, that is definitely good to know. I didn't know mindstyle screwed around with numbers for production pieces as well.

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:44 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
Reverend wrote:

Wow, that is definitely good to know. I didn't know mindstyle screwed around with numbers for production pieces as well.

It's ironic how there are so many A/P pieces out there, this is just my opinion tho so take it with a grain of salt ;-)
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Boba Fet was the cousin, he escaped the Sarlacc Pit.
Poppin'

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Reverend wrote: maybe that's part of the reason Hikari died but what do I know :D

They still live on in my heart, Rev <3
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:24 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Reverend wrote: maybe that's part of the reason Hikari died but what do I know :D

They still live on in my heart, Rev <3

Hikari 4ever!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:35 am

Reverend wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
Reverend wrote:Correct it stands for artist proof but it's mindestyle so it's not that rare, it seems like they put a bunch of these out there so imho it's not big of a deal. It is legit piece I have a few A/P pieces, just another way Mindstyle screws with numbers. A/P could stand for we need to make "A/P (another piece)" because they sold out, maybe that's part of the reason Hikari died but what do I know :D

It's ironic how there are so many A/P pieces out there, this is just my opinion tho so take it with a grain of salt ;-)

Ok noted, but now that you mention it, it doesn't surprise me too much seeing what mindstyle has done to protos lol

ImageImage

Return to “Hikari”