Dorbz Silence (hear the crickets?)

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
jkcohen626

Re: Dorbz Silence (hear the crickets?)

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Geescube wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
Geescube wrote:I genuinely think the hype has died and the focus has shifted. Perhaps to 5 star or blind items or plushes.

Yeah, Mystery Minis are gaining/regaining popularity! I know just in the past few months I have gotten SUPER deep into Mystery Minis.

Save yoself while u can.

It's too late. The minis have gotten me...
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Geescube wrote:I genuinely think the hype has died and the focus has shifted. Perhaps to 5 star or blind items or plushes.

I tend to agree. I've seen fewer and fewer people interested in Dorbz at events lately. I, too, am considering downsizing my Dorbz collection. That's just part of the game though. Things cycle.

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:00 pm

I love Dorbz, sure they are not as popular as pops' but many people do love them. I have noticed on Facebook groups a lot of people are selling Not only Dorbz but pops right now, I guess to get $$ for the upcoming SDCC. there are some really great deals on Dorbz, even SDCC fundays one... it's a buyers market. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:07 pm

I heard there were no more Dorbz because Thanos snapped his fingers...
Poppin'

SenorDread

Postby SenorDread » Wed May 23, 2018 5:35 pm

:-/
theraven00 wrote:I heard there were no more Dorbz because Thanos snapped his fingers...

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed May 23, 2018 5:56 pm

d3postman wrote:

I tend to agree. I've seen fewer and fewer people interested in Dorbz at events lately. I, too, am considering downsizing my Dorbz collection. That's just part of the game though. Things cycle.

I do love the dorbz but have much more room for the minis.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm

I just think with the recent pop molds, it is hard for dorbz to keep up. They are fairly limited in design creativity, which makes a less popular item even less popular. I am very selective with my dorbz purchases.
Collecting since 2014

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Lexi wrote:
d3postman wrote:

Right?! Especially all of the Dorbz Ridez. Those things take up vital space!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed May 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Shalee04 wrote:I love Dorbz, sure they are not as popular as pops' but many people do love them. I have noticed on Facebook groups a lot of people are selling Not only Dorbz but pops right now, I guess to get $$ for the upcoming SDCC. there are some really great deals on Dorbz, even SDCC fundays one... it's a buyers market. \:D/

That's true, right now there are a lot of people trying to get cash for SDCC and con exclusives

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 pm

d3postman wrote:

I stopped. The only exception I can make now is for Kylo or Loki.

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Geescube wrote:
d3postman wrote:

I stopped. The only exception I can make now is for Kylo or Loki.

I'm flirting with the idea of stopping, except for Ad Icons

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 pm

MiniPop wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
MiniPop wrote:To me Dorbz don't seem as popular as say Pops or Mystery minis etc. I love them and have quite a few.

They definitely are not as popular. I don’t think anything will surpass the pops but i am hoping something comes along that really catches enough of our Funatics eyes that it takes off. I was wanting it to be Dorbz so bad. :mad:

It would be nice if something new comes out, but I have a soft spot for the dorbz and cute things in general lol

I have that same soft spot. It took awhile for me to gain it but it came nonetheless!

TriFeckTa

Re: Dorbz seem to be slowing fading away in POP's shadow

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu May 24, 2018 4:06 am

willy wonka wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I think something to note is that part of what the POP! line has going for it, is the fact that its quantities can be very limited. It honestly is what helps make collecting fun, and it is a huge factor as to why new releases and exclusives sell out so quickly. That being said, if anything, Dorbz typically aren't "rare" enough. Typically a limited dorbz exclusive will be limited to 2500 pieces, even at this stage of collecting, pops with the same edition size take a while to sell out. So for a line that has a smaller fanbase, like dorbz, i feel like an edition size of 2500 is not very limited at all. I do not think the dorbz line is necessarily dying out, the designs consistently keep getting better and better. And i keep getting tempted to buy more and more of them. But i do feel if you ever want the dorbz line to be more popular, two things need to be done. First the retail price point needs to be slightly reduced, and there needs to be limited edition sizes that are more relative to the size of the Dorbz fanbase.

I agree with this. I think the edition sizes should be 480 1000 at most. I am sure you will see the hype increase because they will be harder to find.

Plus I think the Winnie the Pooh set is the best drobz set they have done.

Yes, the Winnie the Pooh set, is one of the best sets ever. The Flocked Pooh is my favorite.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Thu May 24, 2018 9:43 am

d3postman wrote:

Let them not be interested. Makes it easier for us to get them going forward. :D
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Thu May 24, 2018 3:48 pm

I was reading over several of the responses and I do find it strange that the Dorbz line ups have gone dormant. I think that we might be seeing something in the near future. Comic Con is coming our way so maybe there will be an announcement. Hopefully they have not shifted their focus to something else. Dorbz have been very cool.

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Thu May 24, 2018 9:52 pm

sambunctious10 wrote:
lastmidnight wrote:I loved dorbz, but what killed it eventually for me was Pint Size Heroes. Same round cuteness with better eyes, smaller in size, and easier to display. The only Dorbz now that I buy are the Ridez. I just love the vehicle proportions better than the Pop rides!

I agree 100%, pint size heroes have taken my attention away from Dorbz, and I think it's because the eyes are fully there versus the closed eye lines on the dorbz.

the new motu pint size heroes looks absolutely amazing! but i will always love the motu dorbz!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu May 24, 2018 11:57 pm

Dorbz looks to be less and less
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

chezpopp

Postby chezpopp » Fri May 25, 2018 12:34 am

I get more dorbz than pops I think. I hope they release more. I need them to do sam and tbone. And a bunch more.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Fri May 25, 2018 2:49 am

I don't think many characters work well as Dorbz. I enjoy Dorbz and what can be done with them. Some look really cool, others are just a completely miss. I also think the value has played a part. Not many hold value, I see a lot on clearance. The chases aren't much more either, which I'm ok with since I like the chase versions of those that I do get. I think they'll be around for a while tho, theres quite a few hard core Dorbz collectors.

Lyndsay_wagner

Postby Lyndsay_wagner » Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 am

You always hear people complaining about Dorbz and how they don’t like them. I have heard this from the beginning from when they were introduced. Funko has always been a strong supporter of this line and has always pushed it, even though it seems the popularity isn’t there. I think people like them, I just don’t think they are as vocal as the haters. I do think Dorbz will continue to be around and Personally, I am very happy about it. I have a lot of the Dorbz and I really love them. I think Brian has made amazing choices in what he has chosen to make into Dorbz. I hope he continues to choose great licenses and ridez for the Dorbz line. One thing for sure, I will continue to be buying them!
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImage
Instagram: Lyndsaywagner

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Fri May 25, 2018 7:31 am

I love them.
Funko Funbae

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri May 25, 2018 7:53 am

lastmidnight wrote:The only Dorbz now that I buy are the Ridez. I just love the vehicle proportions better than the Pop rides!

Me too, have them all. It's been 6 months since a new Ridez design was released (not including Jolly Roger since it's kind of a reissue) and I'm already feeling nostalgic for the "good ol' days" where I couldn't keep up with the new releases :sad2:
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Fri May 25, 2018 2:31 pm

chezpopp wrote:I get more dorbz than pops I think. I hope they release more. I need them to do sam and tbone. And a bunch more.

This has been the case for me lately as well.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

funkobry

Postby funkobry » Fri May 25, 2018 2:41 pm

The Dorbz line seems to be fading away. PSH definitely helped slow down it’s momentum because it’s much more portable to take to places. Plus I believe the closed eyes and smile did turn off some collectors. You don’t see too many bad guys or girls smiling.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm

d3postman wrote:
Lexi wrote:
d3postman wrote:

Right?! Especially all of the Dorbz Ridez. Those things take up vital space!

Yes the Dorbz rides do, I live in barracks and have NO room for the ridez. Sometimes I ask my mom to pick something up for me and to put it away until I come home in 3 years. lol lol
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri May 25, 2018 2:48 pm

I shifted from pops to dorbz...then i looked around and saw that i had way too many and dumped 80% of my collection. I still have more dorbz than pops. Part of me hopes that the Hellboy is still coming out...the part of me that has no room hopes that it isn't...because that is my last thing I want from non articulated collectibles.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

swobobafett

Postby swobobafett » Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 pm

I am still looking for the FNKO Freddy Dorbz.
Funko Funbae

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Fri May 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Lyndsay_wagner wrote:You always hear people complaining about Dorbz and how they don’t like them. I have heard this from the beginning from when they were introduced. Funko has always been a strong supporter of this line and has always pushed it, even though it seems the popularity isn’t there. I think people like them, I just don’t think they are as vocal as the haters. I do think Dorbz will continue to be around and Personally, I am very happy about it. I have a lot of the Dorbz and I really love them. I think Brian has made amazing choices in what he has chosen to make into Dorbz. I hope he continues to choose great licenses and ridez for the Dorbz line. One thing for sure, I will continue to be buying them!

I do agree on what you said.

The only thing is I don't think there is enough Dorbz collectors out there to push it. I love Dorbz and have many of those. They just look so FUN. I think we just need to do limit on certain release, maybe then it will pick up since I'm sure there are people collect just because certain item is limited. lol

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sun May 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Crossing fingers for an announcement this week. [-o<

It's been so long.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

stevenxanthony

Postby stevenxanthony » Mon May 28, 2018 7:04 pm

I love Dorbz and hope to see a lot more get announced. I would love more anime Dorbz -- a DBZ series would be everything.
Proto Collector - Anime Fan - Music Fan - Photographer

IG: stevenxanthony
Twitter: @steven_anthony

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:46 am

Shalee04 wrote:I love Dorbz, sure they are not as popular as pops' but many people do love them. I have noticed on Facebook groups a lot of people are selling Not only Dorbz but pops right now, I guess to get $$ for the upcoming SDCC. there are some really great deals on Dorbz, even SDCC fundays one... it's a buyers market. \:D/

This is very true....unfortunately though, I’m trying to save as well lol
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 am

I sense in the future, dorbz may be mostly comic con releases so that way they can be limited and they don't lose money if people don't buy it

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Tue May 29, 2018 1:31 am

yeah I agree with the Pint Size Heroes stealing hype and also the prices for Dorbz got too high in most stores... I wonder if Funko knew PSH might steal the thunder, considering at first they called them "Mini Dorbz" (well for the NFL line anyway)... I also think the Dorbz Ridez overtook POP Rides - proportioned better (subjective I know) but overall smaller in size - some of those POP Rides are insanely big.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu May 31, 2018 1:43 pm

So, there was a Pan's Labyrinth Dorbz announced. Since it was just one character from a lesser known property it still sounds like crickets despite being a new release.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Thu May 31, 2018 3:40 pm

I think part of the problem with Dorbz is that they released waaaay too many of them waaaay too quickly. Funko put out a couple of waves of pops their first year...Dorbz released about 100+ figures. Pop collectors, as a general rule, DON'T collect other lines of Funko. Too much product plus picky collectors, and you end up with clearance sales, a soft secondary market and the feeling that Dorbz don't sell. Dorbz sell, they just don't sell a lot.

With this in mind, I'm happy to see the slower roll out of Vnyl figures. Those are pretty sweet.
Funklub: 11181

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu May 31, 2018 6:35 pm

All limited from here on out to 2500 or less. I'm for it.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Brian@Funko

Postby Brian@Funko » Thu May 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Dorbz will be around for a while. Count on that. But we are being more selective and we have a new retail strategy that is coming soon that I think fans will like!!

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:17 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:Dorbz will be around for a while. Count on that. But we are being more selective and we have a new retail strategy that is coming soon that I think fans will like!!

Well I’m glad to hear this- granted, now I may never see Sailor Moon or Sanrio ones but hopefully some Saturday morning cartoons. In all honesty, it’s a preference thing and personally, I started collecting my Disney Dorbz because those were easier to attain as a newer collector (after several og Disney pieces were vaulted and waaay out of my price range for the moment). Same for my freddy Dorbz collection- there’s only 1 super pricey Freddy Dorbz compared to the pop line. Really, I prefer my Dorbz for display in my classroom because I can have more and they’re pretty sturdy (sadly, students aren’t conscious of what their backpack may hit near my desk).
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu May 31, 2018 11:02 pm

Thanks Brian! I'm looking forward to that.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

TornadoJoes

Postby TornadoJoes » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:27 am

Brian@Funko wrote:Dorbz will be around for a while. Count on that. But we are being more selective and we have a new retail strategy that is coming soon that I think fans will like!!

Thanks. That is awesome news!
:wwe5:
Funko Fun Days - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
SDCC - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
NY Toy Fair - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
D23 Expo - 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022

Return to “Dorbz”