How to shake your Minis (a guide on Pony minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Birdeh

How to shake your Minis (a guide on Pony minis)

Postby Birdeh » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Hey everyone, it's Bird!

I just recently finished my MM set for ponies and I figured I'd give you guys a guide on how I did it with only pulling two doubles!

So for starters, pick up all your minis in store. This way you'll be able to handle the minis--otherwise, my methods won't work!

Here's a list of all the minis and methods on finding them!

-AJ

Characteristics: Her hat makes her a bit tall. Her tail also makes her a bit long. There'll be a bit of shaking, but not much. The tail is going to make a 'solid' sound (unlike Rarity's) which is the only real way to tell them apart in my opinion.

-Big Mac

Characteristics: Small, yet heavy. Has both vertical and horizontal shaking room. Probably the easiest to identify as he's the heaviest mini for the amount of room he has (whereas Discord or Trixie don't move much)

-Daring Do

Characteristics: She also has a hat. She's going to be tall, but not long. So expect more shaking horizontally than vertically.

Derpy Whooves

Characteristics:

-Discord

Characteristics: Very tall. Kind of wide. Won't move around a lot in the box. As for exclusives..good luck. You'll probably get doubles of this guy. He's also incredibly light comparatively speaking, so he's pretty easy to find.

-Dr Whooves

Characteristics:

-Fluttershy

Characteristics:

-Lyra

Characteristics:

-Octavia

Characteristics:

-Pinkie Pie

Characteristics:

-Rainbow Dash

Characteristics:

-Rarity

Characteristics: Long. Not too incredibly tall. If you listen closely, you'll hear that when shaking vertically, the horn is hitting (it's a softer sound than with a pegasus / earth pony where the mane / ears hit first). Has vertical shaking room, not a lot of horizontal. Be careful not to shake too hard, the tail is kinda fragile!

-Spitfire

Characteristics:

-Sweetie Drops

Characteristics:

-Trixie

Characteristics: Heavy. Her cape and hat give her very little shaking room, which makes it easy to identify her (she feels around the same as Big Mac, but very little shaking room)

-Twilight

Characteristics:

-Vinyl Scratch

Characteristics:

(please be patient with me--I'm babysitting and can only type every once in a while. I'll most certainly update tonight as I can)
Last edited by Birdeh on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robbie / 22 / under ur bed

LTB: Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie vinyl / Harry Potter POPs

brand42

Re: How to shake your Minis (a guide on Pony minis)

Postby brand42 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Have you been successful with the HT chases? I've bought sooooo many Daring Do thinking "this one's DEFINITELY Fluttershy!".

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:24 pm

I shake them until they sound like they break, then buy another box.
Funklub: 11181

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:37 pm

brand42 wrote:Have you been successful with the HT chases? I've bought sooooo many Daring Do thinking "this one's DEFINITELY Fluttershy!".

Chases are harder but not impossible. I'll update on them too! c:

the really hard ones for me were Discord / Trixie. Trixie I got lucky on. Discord I grabbed two (knowing they were both Discord) and one was the color, so I have an extra black.

Fluttershy isn't too hard. Lyra on the other hand is a wonderfully generic mold and it makes her harder because there aren't any identifying features, ya know?
Robbie / 22 / under ur bed

LTB: Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie vinyl / Harry Potter POPs

brand42

Postby brand42 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:27 am

Birdeh wrote:
brand42 wrote:Have you been successful with the HT chases? I've bought sooooo many Daring Do thinking "this one's DEFINITELY Fluttershy!".

Chases are harder but not impossible. I'll update on them too! c:

the really hard ones for me were Discord / Trixie. Trixie I got lucky on. Discord I grabbed two (knowing they were both Discord) and one was the color, so I have an extra black.

Fluttershy isn't too hard. Lyra on the other hand is a wonderfully generic mold and it makes her harder because there aren't any identifying features, ya know?

Fluttershy shouldn't be hard but I guess I have yet to come across one and keep mistaking Daring Do for her. Interestingly enough, I have two Lyras!

I guess I'm just not very good at this despite successfully finding all the 1/24 in Series 1. Fluttershy and Spitfire I should be able to identify in the series 2 cases but either I have not found them yet or made incorrect guesses.

HT's are still receiving new cases of series 2 and so maybe I'll finally come across a box with little horizontal and vertical movement and is quite heavy and that will be Fluttershy.

Return to “Blind Bags”