MLP Mystery Mini - Series 2

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MHowe1980

Re: MLP Mystery Mini - Series 2

Postby MHowe1980 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Well, tried my luck today after work. Pulled 6 boxes from the remaining 11 they had. I had already gotten the black Twilight Sparkle, so this time, my goal was to find Discord. I figured given his pose, he'd make as little shaking sound as possible.

So, pulled 4 and got:
- Black Discord
- Big McIntosh
- BlackTrixie (2)

Needless to say, I decided to try again. Going through the remaining ones, got:
- Colored Trixie
- Daring Do

Though my HT order of Rarity and Discord came in tonight...and my Rarity is clear! I may try to use her as trading fodder for some of the special HT blind box minis...though I can't stop...looking at her...shimmering.

brand42

Postby brand42 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:06 am

Andrearose924 wrote:We need to convince someone to make a help list like for the glitters for these guys because I'm down to clear discord and show spitfire and I refuse to pay 40 bucks on ebay for one. ): I'm so close it's killing me!

We should but even glitters are easier to come by than the 1/72 show color ponies.

If you happen upon another Lyra or Fluttershy, I'll consider giving up my clear Discord.

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:52 am

Congrats on the glitter Rarity find! I'm still looking for Daring Do and Rarity.

The pricing on eBay for the 1/72 mystery minis is pretty high right now. Hopefully they go down in the next few weeks. I have all of them except for the 1/72 exclusives. I plan on going out this weekend and hitting up a few HTs along the way. Hopefully we can the minis we are looking for.

I'm all for some sort of list.

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:02 am

I only have two of the minis from this season, and I'm missing four of the exclusives from last. :/
Robbie / 22 / under ur bed

LTB: Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie vinyl / Harry Potter POPs

MHowe1980

Postby MHowe1980 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:59 am

I wish I could find people with blind box extras. This week has been a scary one of binge-purchasing the blind boxes, with 10 purchases.

Went on a 3 hour journey tonight. First to an outlet mall where their HT only had one Series 2 blind box (which turned out to be Applejack). They checked the system and found that a mall nearby was said to have '13' boxes, but when I went there, they only had one...from the first series (and it turned out to be the black-suited Spitfire).

Well, I'm going to return my extra regular Discord tomorrow, and go back out into the suburbs to another HT. The stock said they may have 3-4 boxes, so I may try again for the colored blind box discord.

...just wish I could unload these extra Trixies.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:55 am

My HT just got a box of MLP minis. I bought 2 got a Princess Twilight and blue one with an orange & yellow mane. Think I might go back and get a couple more ............... I think I might have an addiction ;)
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:08 am

dolphinax2 wrote:My HT just got a box of MLP minis. I bought 2 got a Princess Twilight and blue one with an orange & yellow mane. Think I might go back and get a couple more ............... I think I might have an addiction ;)

You pulled a Spitfire chase...Congrats
Dorian Arloe

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:18 am

MHowe1980 wrote:I wish I could find people with blind box extras. This week has been a scary one of binge-purchasing the blind boxes, with 10 purchases.

Went on a 3 hour journey tonight. First to an outlet mall where their HT only had one Series 2 blind box (which turned out to be Applejack). They checked the system and found that a mall nearby was said to have '13' boxes, but when I went there, they only had one...from the first series (and it turned out to be the black-suited Spitfire).

Well, I'm going to return my extra regular Discord tomorrow, and go back out into the suburbs to another HT. The stock said they may have 3-4 boxes, so I may try again for the colored blind box discord.

...just wish I could unload these extra Trixies.

haha I'll trade you black Sweetie Drops for her >.> lol jokin', but good luck! I've only got Daring Do and Discord (black) so far.

Also my GITD RD and PP got here. Pretty good condition. Pinkie's tail feels a little loose and RD has a paint chip in her mane, but they glow excellently.

Andrearose924

Postby Andrearose924 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:19 am

I have tons of extras. I have 3x black discord, 1x black twilight, 2x black daring do, 2x black Macintosh, 1x black trixie, 2x black rd, 2x black derpy, 1x black spitfire, 1x black pinkie, 1x black Lyra, 1x black Whooves, and 1x black Octavia. All of those are duplicates I want to hopefully trade for the clear discord and show accurate spitfire.

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:23 am

Birdeh wrote:Also my GITD RD and PP got here. Pretty good condition. Pinkie's tail feels a little loose and RD has a paint chip in her mane, but they glow excellently.

Congrats! A few of my extra Pinkies from the previous series had loose tails. Some of them even came off. A small drop of superglue worked wonders.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:57 am

Was funny, I showed my son (26 yrs old) my 2 MLP minis that I got yesterday (Thanks Arloe8, I now know who I have) and he saw the Discords on the back of the box and wants those :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 pm

So I'm probably the only one who isn't totally interested in the Hot Topic exclusives (I didn't get them last time around either) but I'm only 4 ponies away from having all of the black body ones. Then I'll be finished with this wave. :)

Honestly, the only HT exclusive I want is that crystal Discord. It looks so awesome!
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

MHowe1980

Postby MHowe1980 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Well, my local comic shop got a fresh case in today.

I pulled the rear-lower-right like someone mentioned, and then did a shake-test on 2 more. Sadly, when I paid for them, i did't remembe where I pulled each one from (keep in mind this is the non-HT case).

For the shake-test, I've been listening for a box that sounds almost full, but not quite. The ones that seem most full, have yielded Trixie on three past occasions (got 2 black, and 1 color of the egotistical equine).

This time, my choices yielded:

1 - Color Discord
1 - Black Discord
1 - Applejack

So this leaves me with some extra Trixies, Applejack, and Discord when I go to Ciderfest in November (hoping to use them for trading fodder).

Just wish i could use the trading boards, but I just became a forum member.

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Oh man, I'd love an Applejack :( I haven't come across a Series 2 case yet in the wild. My HT is all out of MLP Mystery Minis.
Lauren - Instagram: @allonsy_slayergirl
Collecting since 2012

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 pm

My fiance and I also shook a few boxes the last few times we were at Hot Topic and ended up getting Trixie, Rarity, Twilight and Big Mac (all black bodied ones). Luckily no duplicates yet.

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 pm

PLEASE HELP!!

Hoping to trade three MLP mystery minis from series 1. Problem is, I haven't been on here 180 days yet :( and the trading group on FB doesn't do mystery minis. Anywhere I may be able to work out a trade? Here or elsewhere?
Collecting since 2012

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 am

allonsy_slayergirl wrote:PLEASE HELP!!

Hoping to trade three MLP mystery minis from series 1. Problem is, I haven't been on here 180 days yet :( and the trading group on FB doesn't do mystery minis. Anywhere I may be able to work out a trade? Here or elsewhere?
You could try the MLP Arena. I don't think there's a wait limit on when you can begin trading with people.

I'm not 100% sure, though. I've had an account on there for over a year, but I just began posting in the forums a few days ago. Doesn't hurt to check!

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:48 am

I think I'm only just now allowed to post on the mini forums..problem is the only dupes I have are black bodied Sweetie and Fluttershy from last round..I need Vinyl, Derpy, Pinkie, and Doctor Whooves (all color accurate) from last round, and my only pulls from this round so far have been black Daring Do and black Discord.

brand42

Postby brand42 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:37 pm

I should have known better than to buy from a case that had been picked over. Oh well, at least I have an extra color Discord and Trixie now.

MHowe1980

Postby MHowe1980 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:44 pm

brand42 wrote:I should have known better than to buy from a case that had been picked over. Oh well, at least I have an extra color Discord and Trixie now.

I'm having to fight that urge right now, given when it comes to the non-HT Mini cases, I've got almost everything but Rarity and color Twilight.

I wish I could post on the trading forums, but I'm still a few weeks old to the forums, so I'm either going to have to rely on eBay to sell my extras, or hope there are Mini-traders at Milwaukee's Ciderfest in a month-and-a-half.

I decided to take a chance on the Series 1 box they got. First two tries got black and glow-in-the-dark Derpy, but tried for a third box, and got a repeat of Fluttershy.

At this point, I just want Rainbow, Pinkie, and Rarity, and I can breathe calmly (could care less about Octavia or Bon Bon).

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:05 am

Birdeh wrote:I think I'm only just now allowed to post on the mini forums..problem is the only dupes I have are black bodied Sweetie and Fluttershy from last round..I need Vinyl, Derpy, Pinkie, and Doctor Whooves (all color accurate) from last round, and my only pulls from this round so far have been black Daring Do and black Discord.

I've got both the black body and GITD Vinyl AND Doctor Whooves. I'm looking to trade! :) PM me for details if you'd like!
Collecting since 2012

MHowe1980

Postby MHowe1980 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:59 am

Finally cleaned up my Minis, and put them into my shelving unit. Took some creativity to arrange 14 properly, so did a 5-4-5 layout.

i really like Derpy's yellow-orange eyes against her black coloration, though regarding Discord, his colored version just works better for me than his black version.

*FYI, I do have some regular extras that I'm interesting in using for, trading fodder*

MHowe1980

Postby MHowe1980 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:03 am

I tried to fight it, but temptation got to be too much.

Went to the comic shop, and tried my luck with two more boxes from Series 1...and got Rainbow and Pinkie!...of course, it didn't help that I traded an AJ for a Pinkie by mail earlier today...but maybe this Pinkie will be better. For some reason, the Pinkie I got today, has a gigantic amount of space between her eyes in the center of her face.

Now if I can win the auction for Rarity, I'll be set for now...unless, the colored Twilight is a winner too.

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:35 am

Is eBay the best way to go for getting minis? I would rather trade but can't seem to find a good place to do so.
Collecting since 2012

MHowe1980

Postby MHowe1980 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:38 am

allonsy_slayergirl wrote:Is eBay the best way to go for getting minis? I would rather trade but can't seem to find a good place to do so.

That seems to be the best way. I went all over by Google, but couldn't really find alot of mini trading threads. And the few I found, it was like, "I'll trade someone 6 black-colored Series 1 for a Hot Topic colored Lyra!"

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:44 am

Oh geez... Bummer. And I can't post in the trading forum yet because I'm still "new". I'd like to give the mystery minis I don't want to a collector anyway, though. Hopefully I will be able to at some point on here.
Collecting since 2012

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:45 am

Yeah... these new MMs, especially the show-accurate ones, are becoming really hard to find outside HT. I don't remember this being an issue with the last wave. Hopefully more cases show up in HTs soon.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:29 am

I missed them when my HT had them. :(
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:28 pm

I was really hoping that Target would have the mystery minis by now (if they're getting them at all), since I'm not interested in the HT exclusive ones, but I caved and bought a few boxes from HT anyway. I still need 4 more to be done with this wave, but I may just buy them off of people who have extras or look on eBay.

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:13 pm

renirawr wrote:I was really hoping that Target would have the mystery minis by now (if they're getting them at all), since I'm not interested in the HT exclusive ones, but I caved and bought a few boxes from HT anyway. I still need 4 more to be done with this wave, but I may just buy them off of people who have extras or look on eBay.

My Target has the crappiest selection ever. No Pops at all, and the only Vinyls they have are TWD MMs. Can find Wave 1 of MLP MMs at Walmart, but no Wave 2 yet. If I see them, I may just buy the case lol
Collecting since 2012

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:12 pm

allonsy_slayergirl wrote:My Target has the crappiest selection ever. No Pops at all, and the only Vinyls they have are TWD MMs. Can find Wave 1 of MLP MMs at Walmart, but no Wave 2 yet. If I see them, I may just buy the case lol

I bought the entire case from Target for wave 1 and I was really hoping to do that this time around, but nope!

I actually haven't even been to Target in a while, but the last time I went they barely had any vinyl figures. Walmart seems to be outdoing them in that section, haha!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Consider yourself lucky- neither Wally World nor Target around me carry any Funko at all.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:25 pm

renirawr wrote:
allonsy_slayergirl wrote:My Target has the crappiest selection ever. No Pops at all, and the only Vinyls they have are TWD MMs. Can find Wave 1 of MLP MMs at Walmart, but no Wave 2 yet. If I see them, I may just buy the case lol

I bought the entire case from Target for wave 1 and I was really hoping to do that this time around, but nope!

I actually haven't even been to Target in a while, but the last time I went they barely had any vinyl figures. Walmart seems to be outdoing them in that section, haha!

Absolutely! My local Walmart has pretty much every Mystery Minis line Funko does and they keep them in stock pretty regularly.
Collecting since 2012

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:34 pm

allonsy_slayergirl wrote:
renirawr wrote:

Absolutely! My local Walmart has pretty much every Mystery Minis line Funko does and they keep them in stock pretty regularly.

Neither of those carry them here. :/

edit: just checked B&N--no blindboxes there either. :c

allonsy_slayergirl

Postby allonsy_slayergirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:42 pm

solsticeadam wrote:There's a facebook group called "trading minis", I've had medium luck on it. (Mostly trading commons for other commons)
Only seen one ht exclusive series 2 on there (glitter discord), and the person was looking to sell it for $100

Thank you for the info! I will check it out!
Collecting since 2012

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 pm

My Hot Topic got another case in, it was untouched, I used Hot Cash and got 7 for about 30 dollars. One of them was the Fluttershy chase! :D I got all the corner ones except the bottom back left corner, if you guys want to know what else I got let me know. Only one was a double though.
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Cool! I saw some MLP minis at my local HT but there were only like six left in the box. I would prefer to get a fresh box (if I can find one)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Yes! Michael! Tell us what else you got.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Kitzka wrote:Yes! Michael! Tell us what else you got.

Lara

I got a color Discord, a color Twilight, a Big Mac, 2 Daring Dos, and a black Trixie.
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:09 am

Congrats Michael!
Dorian Arloe

Return to “Blind Bags”