Ad Icons Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
islander671

Re: Ad Icons Mystery Minis

Postby islander671 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:19 am

Was super excited to find these at my local target! Just love all these Ad Icons. They had 5 of them in a sealed boxes so i picked up 3 of them. Got home with excitement, and opened each box only to find out that the boxes were resealed and the bags were ripped open. How you may ask is this possible if they were sealed, that person definitely took the time to hot glue the box ends to make it look sealed. I am 3 for 3 big boys, and in utter disappointment that I purchased three mystery boxes that were resealed.
ImageImageImage

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:30 am

islander671 wrote:Was super excited to find these at my local target! Just love all these Ad Icons. They had 5 of them in a sealed boxes so i picked up 3 of them. Got home with excitement, and opened each box only to find out that the boxes were resealed and the bags were ripped open. How you may ask is this possible if they were sealed, that person definitely took the time to hot glue the box ends to make it look sealed. I am 3 for 3 big boys, and in utter disappointment that I purchased three mystery boxes that were resealed.

Wow that sucks. Sorry that happened to ya.

islander671

Postby islander671 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:39 am

RobinBear177 wrote:
islander671 wrote:Was super excited to find these at my local target! Just love all these Ad Icons. They had 5 of them in a sealed boxes so i picked up 3 of them. Got home with excitement, and opened each box only to find out that the boxes were resealed and the bags were ripped open. How you may ask is this possible if they were sealed, that person definitely took the time to hot glue the box ends to make it look sealed. I am 3 for 3 big boys, and in utter disappointment that I purchased three mystery boxes that were resealed.

Eh just frustrated but I hope that this doesnt happen to others.
ImageImageImage

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:34 am

islander671 wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:

Did it have plastic wrap over it? If not you should never buy a box without wrap. Way tougher for someone to re-wrap it then it is to hot glue it.

Sucks that it happened to you. Some scummy people out there.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

VoorheesRulez

Postby VoorheesRulez » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:56 am

Found these at Target yesterday as well. Had 8 boxes left so snagged them all. It seems the stores are confused with what is supposed to wait for the Sunday release as I also found the office dwight pop and tee pack out already.

Purplelady

Postby Purplelady » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:13 am

bizzydesigner wrote:Found me a Sprout today. Just down to the fruit brute! I’m coming for you, pup!

Did you happen to weigh sprout before you opened him?

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:36 am

VoorheesRulez wrote:Found these at Target yesterday as well. Had 8 boxes left so snagged them all. It seems the stores are confused with what is supposed to wait for the Sunday release as I also found the office dwight pop and tee pack out already.

Do you know the DCPI by chance for Target?

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:42 am

AustinBundy65401 wrote:
VoorheesRulez wrote:Found these at Target yesterday as well. Had 8 boxes left so snagged them all. It seems the stores are confused with what is supposed to wait for the Sunday release as I also found the office dwight pop and tee pack out already.

I know it by heart lol 323018585
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:44 am

Purplelady wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:Found me a Sprout today. Just down to the fruit brute! I’m coming for you, pup!

He’s basically the same as booberry if you know his weight (don’t have them in front of me at the moment)
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:42 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
AustinBundy65401 wrote:

I know it by heart lol 323018585

Ayye Thanks amigo!!

islander671

Postby islander671 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:31 pm

Esko5150 wrote:
islander671 wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:

Did it have plastic wrap over it? If not you should never buy a box without wrap. Way tougher for someone to re-wrap it then it is to hot glue it.

Thanks for this information, and wish I had known sooner! All of the Ad Icon boxes did not have any plastic wrap on it, so I assumed that was the norm for this line.
ImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:19 pm

islander671 wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Thanks for this information, and wish I had known sooner! All of the Ad Icon boxes did not have any plastic wrap on it, so I assumed that was the norm for this line.

You could probably return them to your Target and explain that they were resealed. Usually they are very lenient with returns. Sorry that happened :(
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:07 pm

kihou wrote:
islander671 wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:

You could probably return them to your Target and explain that they were resealed. Usually they are very lenient with returns. Sorry that happened :(

Def! Target rarely cares why you're returning something which is why bad people always take advantage of them. I'd atleast try and explain to them the situation.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:04 am

That sucks. I wish you luck on your next hunts and I hope you get something crazy to make up for this.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Target brought out Case A while I was there getting my Office Pops. Pulled Fruit Brute and some others. Sending them to friends for cost as they didn't have any luck finding cases near them. Glad I could help them out!
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

islander671

Postby islander671 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Esko5150 wrote:
kihou wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Def! Target rarely cares why you're returning something which is why bad people always take advantage of them. I'd atleast try and explain to them the situation.

Thanks all for the support! I actually tried to make the best of my situation, found someone local and made a trade for Count Chocoula. Still want to collect the rest so I will hopefully keep an eye on some mysterys in plastic wrap.
ImageImageImage

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:39 am

yokofox33 wrote:Target brought out Case A while I was there getting my Office Pops. Pulled Fruit Brute and some others. Sending them to friends for cost as they didn't have any luck finding cases near them. Glad I could help them out!

Nice!!
It’s me Lynda

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Are you on the peninsula/bay area? I just hit 2 targets near SF and that's exactly what I came across. Somebody bought em, opened em, then glued em closed again.

Such a bummer to finally find these, but then find that they've all been opened. I have no clue why target takes returns on these with no plastic wrap.

islander671

Postby islander671 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:51 pm

DaleDobeck wrote:

Are you on the peninsula/bay area? I just hit 2 targets near SF and that's exactly what I came across. Somebody bought em, opened em, then glued em closed again.

Such a bummer to finally find these, but then find that they've all been opened. I have no clue why target takes returns on these with no plastic wrap.

Yeah I was at the Serramonte Target where I picked up the 3 Ad Icon mystery boxes.
ImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:

That sucks. I wish you luck on your next hunts and I hope you get something crazy to make up for this.

really not cool. yeah take it back. target is the best at returns this side of costco.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Can't believe all the specialty series sold out, they are just the same but with metallic green giant
:SW7a:

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:21 am

islander671 wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:

That really sucks, and I feel your pain - had the same thing happen to me with a different set at B&N last weekend! Was really lucky in that I opened the box in front of the cashier. Still haven't figured out how they reattached the plastic wrap on it, but the box and bag were both open once I pulled off the wrap. I was prepared to just eat it on the mini, but he was really nice and asked if I wanted to go pull a different one to make up for it. Really grateful to the kind cashier, but on the other side of that - why are people animals???
Image ImageImage Image

Purplelady

Postby Purplelady » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:57 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
Purplelady wrote:

He’s basically the same as booberry if you know his weight (don’t have them in front of me at the moment)

I do. Thanks for the info....makes it hard to find him if he is close to boo berry though.....

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:10 am

Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:

That really sucks, and I feel your pain - had the same thing happen to me with a different set at B&N last weekend! Was really lucky in that I opened the box in front of the cashier. Still haven't figured out how they reattached the plastic wrap on it, but the box and bag were both open once I pulled off the wrap. I was prepared to just eat it on the mini, but he was really nice and asked if I wanted to go pull a different one to make up for it. Really grateful to the kind cashier, but on the other side of that - why are people animals???

I've bought a few straight out the shipper box where the inner black bag was open. Just this morning found a Boo Berry that way (thought it was Sprout :( )
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:26 am

opening is crazy. can you imaging if they put something in the box that changed the weight too ?
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

IveyHolly

Postby IveyHolly » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:23 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:

I've bought a few straight out the shipper box where the inner black bag was open. Just this morning found a Boo Berry that way (thought it was Sprout :( )

Are you willing to sell Boo Berry? He's the last of the 3 main monsters that I need.

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:29 pm

IveyHolly wrote:Are you willing to sell Boo Berry? He's the last of the 3 main monsters that I need.

Sure, sent you a PM.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:06 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:
Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Would that I had your luck! Still trying to track down Boo Berry for a friend. Sorry it wasn't Sprout for you though, he's being difficult here as well!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:08 am

ocwankenobi wrote:opening is crazy. can you imaging if they put something in the box that changed the weight too ?

lol , I assume you mean besides the minis?? I'm just glad this set isn't bobble head, those are just way more difficult than they need to be!
Image ImageImage Image

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:11 pm

Any more info on weights for the rest of these? (Lucky, Fruit Brute, etc.)?

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:01 pm

islander671 wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:

Yeah I was at the Serramonte Target where I picked up the 3 Ad Icon mystery boxes.

Ya that sucks that was one of the places I checked. still haven’t seen them any where else around here yet. Seem to just miss them at GameStop every time I check.

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:17 pm

Driving me crazy that I still can't find these in stores anywhere.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:55 am

I pre-ordered 3 cases way back when. About 2 months ago EBAY could no longer find my seller of 2 boxes. So I filed a claim with Paypal and got my money back for the 2 cases. My other case showed up today from BBTS and it was a Specialty series box and I have to say for 12 chances, I only 2 doubles out of 12. I feel pretty lucky to get what I got!

Metallic Green Giant
Yummy Mummy
Frankenberru
Count Chocula - 2
Booberry
Kool-Aid
Big Boy - 2
Tootsie Pop Owl
King Ding Dong
Lucky the Leprechaun
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 am

geoffdude wrote:Any more info on weights for the rest of these? (Lucky, Fruit Brute, etc.)?

Lucky is 52.5 ish, havent found FB.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:50 am

kevinbuddha wrote:I pre-ordered 3 cases way back when. About 2 months ago EBAY could no longer find my seller of 2 boxes. So I filed a claim with Paypal and got my money back for the 2 cases. My other case showed up today from BBTS and it was a Specialty series box and I have to say for 12 chances, I only 2 doubles out of 12. I feel pretty lucky to get what I got!

Metallic Green Giant
Yummy Mummy
Frankenberru
Count Chocula - 2
Booberry
Kool-Aid
Big Boy - 2
Tootsie Pop Owl
King Ding Dong
Lucky the Leprechaun

Yes, they were favorable ratios on the full boxes. I'm waiting for my case, and hoping for the Brute! We should get series 2, I feel like they saved the big guns for that with the omission of Tony Sam,Trix,Cocoa Puffs, etc.

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:57 pm

The dcpi kept popping that all my area Targets had these in stock, but none of them had them out on display. Turns out they just didn't put them out because there wasn't any room in the display area. I finally asked someone to get a case from the back, and I'm hoping I picked some good ones (no more doubles). I don't have a scale, but I'm seriously thinking about investing in one so I can at least get a better guess on what is in there. Good luck everyone!

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:20 pm

I still haven’t been able to find these :-/
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Awesome! Just bought 6 more boxes and was able to get Little Sprout, Koo-Laid Man, and Tootsie Owl! Just need 5 more
ImageImageImageImageImage

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:Awesome! Just bought 6 more boxes and was able to get Little Sprout, Koo-Laid Man, and Tootsie Owl! Just need 5 more

That’s an excellent haul, congrats on the Sprout especially!! =D>

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:45 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote:Awesome! Just bought 6 more boxes and was able to get Little Sprout, Koo-Laid Man, and Tootsie Owl! Just need 5 more

That’s an excellent haul, congrats on the Sprout especially!! =D>

A small part of me hates myself for getting into Mystery Minis... but I have to admit that the thrill of opening up that black bag is so satisfying!

Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”