Why so fragile?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Hgmaddhatter

Re: Why so fragile?

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:57 pm

Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Imagery wrote:Found it! 20 bucks for 13oz (better than the 4oz jar for the same price)

Oh nice! I am going to have to look that up, mine was not in a jar so that might be my first clue it wasn't it.

The jar looks really fancy, so it must be good

Yeah I got the big jar, and I was hesitant at first but a little goes a really long way.
Image Image ImageImage

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:15 pm

I have a few oob pops for display and live in a town house so the walls are semi-shared. Well I guess one day the neighbor was doing something and I came home to some of them on the floor. I thought all made it until I found a Robin from Robin Hood and saw that he unfortunately lost his foot! A little glue and he's all good, but definitely some pieces are way more fragile than I thought.

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:Oh nice! I am going to have to look that up, mine was not in a jar so that might be my first clue it wasn't it.

The jar looks really fancy, so it must be good

Yeah I got the big jar, and I was hesitant at first but a little goes a really long way.

That's good. And it says it's reusable right?
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:12 pm

tgltuz wrote:I have a few oob pops for display and live in a town house so the walls are semi-shared. Well I guess one day the neighbor was doing something and I came home to some of them on the floor. I thought all made it until I found a Robin from Robin Hood and saw that he unfortunately lost his foot! A little glue and he's all good, but definitely some pieces are way more fragile than I thought.

So true. One of Jack Skellingtons lost an arm recently. Even in the box, they're not always safe.
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:50 pm

Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:The jar looks really fancy, so it must be good

Supposedly. I haven't tested that yet.
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:47 pm

Imagery wrote:
tgltuz wrote:I have a few oob pops for display and live in a town house so the walls are semi-shared. Well I guess one day the neighbor was doing something and I came home to some of them on the floor. I thought all made it until I found a Robin from Robin Hood and saw that he unfortunately lost his foot! A little glue and he's all good, but definitely some pieces are way more fragile than I thought.

So true. One of Jack Skellingtons lost an arm recently. Even in the box, they're not always safe.

Its kind of shocking my Sally is still in one piece considering how many times she has fallen over from me trying new ways to keep her on the stand.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:48 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah I got the big jar, and I was hesitant at first but a little goes a really long way.

No need when you have too much.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:18 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:That's good. And it says it's reusable right?

Why be wasteful if you don't have to? I'm also intrigued by its supposed ability to hang things on the wall too

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:19 pm

NCDS wrote:
Imagery wrote:

Its kind of shocking my Sally is still in one piece considering how many times she has fallen over from me trying new ways to keep her on the stand.

Which speaks to the variation in fragility of these figures

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:13 pm

Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Supposedly. I haven't tested that yet.

Why be wasteful if you don't have to? I'm also intrigued by its supposed ability to hang things on the wall too

THat is kinda crazy, I wonder if you could do the new VHS pop cases with it.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:50 pm

NCDS wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:No need when you have too much.

I'm sure there's a weight limit, so if those are anything like the albums and such, they might be too heavy. But maybe good for posters like the BL Alice ones not too long ago. Nice to have more non-damaging options for art

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:43 pm

Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Imagery wrote:Why be wasteful if you don't have to? I'm also intrigued by its supposed ability to hang things on the wall too

I'm sure there's a weight limit, so if those are anything like the albums and such, they might be too heavy. But maybe good for posters like the BL Alice ones not too long ago. Nice to have more non-damaging options for art

Yeah I think it's more for posters but I bet it would hold up a pop by its feet could be a fund way to display Spiderman lol
Image Image ImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:05 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:THat is kinda crazy, I wonder if you could do the new VHS pop cases with it.

Yeah I think it's more for posters but I bet it would hold up a pop by its feet could be a fund way to display Spiderman lol

Haha, yes! Great idea

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:05 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:THat is kinda crazy, I wonder if you could do the new VHS pop cases with it.

Oh gotcha, I already have something that holds paper to my walls, maybe I should try it on my figures.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:25 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm sure there's a weight limit, so if those are anything like the albums and such, they might be too heavy. But maybe good for posters like the BL Alice ones not too long ago. Nice to have more non-damaging options for art

Oh gotcha, I already have something that holds paper to my walls, maybe I should try it on my figures.

I think it has potential. It would definitely work on PPKs
Image Image ImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:58 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah I think it's more for posters but I bet it would hold up a pop by its feet could be a fund way to display Spiderman lol

I think it has potential. It would definitely work on PPKs

Use it to attach the keyrings to the wall? I like it. But maybe just ones with no thin parts in case they still fall

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:26 am

I've been very lucky, so far, on not having many mishaps. Had a few, but without any major damage to the Pop. I probably just jinxed myself now! lol

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:52 pm

Greymom wrote:I've been very lucky, so far, on not having many mishaps. Had a few, but without any major damage to the Pop. I probably just jinxed myself now! lol

I'm lucky too but there is really instances it was shipped damaged or shipping carrier did not take care of it
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:17 pm

Ilovefunko wrote:Bumped into a shelf today, a glass cross and Masked Alex Delarge mini both fell off hit my desk then the floor. Freaking out I inspected the glass cross for cracks, nothing. Woo-hoo dodged a bullet and placed them both back on the shelf...wait Alex looks different #-o no nose, his #$&@ nose broke off. What a bummer. Anyone else have any Funko misfits with broken parts?
I also had a Funko Vynl Snow Miser with broken nose. Now I see why some collectors never remove from box ](*,)

Big bummer. Never feels good to see a collectible break. I've never had this happen but I do customs and use a glue called Plastic Surgery that is amazing on figures! That is if you haven't fixed it yet.
Avatar Protos: https://i.imgur.com/iLdXwes.jpg
Collecting Funko since 2012.
Main Collections: Anything Avatar or Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon
Events Attended: Funko Hollywood Opening, Funkon '21, Fundays '22, SDCC '19/'22
Proud member of Funko Fiends (PSW) and The United Funko Family <3
Instagrams: @bad.motherfunko & @lollipop_customs

ISO Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra Protos

Return to “Blind Bags”