Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
post31

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby post31 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:47 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
post31 wrote:Absolutely where is the paka paka even if he wave to do series 2 of some I’d take that. For sure I could go for a series 2 of boo hollow.

Same here! I loved Boo Hollow, I would love to see another series of Soups more though!

I liked the soups also. The egg drop soup has the most amazing bowl design. I wish funko made that bowl full size for us to buy. Though yah soup troop 2 plus you know more dragons.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Katers

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby Katers » Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yeah, if I'm being honest, I actually kind of enjoyed opening all the little things (at first), but they're just too pricey to buy a bunch

The opening is the best part! But then, everything is opened, and you just have a lot of little cute duplicates, and a lot of plastic wrap next to your pile of cute duplicates! lol

Minus the excess plastic wrap and you have the plight of all blind bags/boxes/cans lol

Ugh, I try not to think about all the plastic waste! It's a necessary evil with these, unfortunately, though I've seen some in store packaging that was ripped to shreds regardless!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 13, 2021 1:01 am

Loving the small look we got at the Lilo & Stitch minis today! Now THAT is a set I'll look forward to collecting! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu May 13, 2021 10:30 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:The opening is the best part! But then, everything is opened, and you just have a lot of little cute duplicates, and a lot of plastic wrap next to your pile of cute duplicates! lol

Minus the excess plastic wrap and you have the plight of all blind bags/boxes/cans lol

Ugh, I try not to think about all the plastic waste! It's a necessary evil with these, unfortunately, though I've seen some in store packaging that was ripped to shreds regardless!

Yeah, at least with Pops I keep everything in-box so it's not wasted packaging. But it's fun tearing open the Paka Paka wrappers along the perforated lines — except when they don't rip properly lol
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu May 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Seems like most of the focus is on sodas nowadays, but I think the Paka Paka seem popular enough that we cant count them totally out. Not sure how the snapsies marketing focus will affect them but they seem like they are aiming for different audiences so we will see....
Image Image ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu May 13, 2021 9:47 pm

post31 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
post31 wrote:Absolutely where is the paka paka even if he wave to do series 2 of some I’d take that. For sure I could go for a series 2 of boo hollow.

Same here! I loved Boo Hollow, I would love to see another series of Soups more though!

I liked the soups also. The egg drop soup has the most amazing bowl design. I wish funko made that bowl full size for us to buy. Though yah soup troop 2 plus you know more dragons.

I would love to have a life size any of them, that would be sooo cool
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Seems like most of the focus is on sodas nowadays, but I think the Paka Paka seem popular enough that we cant count them totally out. Not sure how the snapsies marketing focus will affect them but they seem like they are aiming for different audiences so we will see....

I feel Snapsies are directed to kids more then adults and the Paka Pakas targeted for both. Loved to see more of either of them TBH
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

post31

Postby post31 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:11 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Seems like most of the focus is on sodas nowadays, but I think the Paka Paka seem popular enough that we cant count them totally out. Not sure how the snapsies marketing focus will affect them but they seem like they are aiming for different audiences so we will see....

I feel Snapsies are directed to kids more then adults and the Paka Pakas targeted for both. Loved to see more of either of them TBH

I would take that one step further and say that Snapsies are directed to young girls and the reason I believe that is when I finally did find some they where in the girls toys section of Target.
SDCC 1998 - current
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funkon 2021

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 14, 2021 2:13 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Minus the excess plastic wrap and you have the plight of all blind bags/boxes/cans lol

Yeah, at least with Pops I keep everything in-box so it's not wasted packaging. But it's fun tearing open the Paka Paka wrappers along the perforated lines — except when they don't rip properly lol

I must be inept, my paka paka never tear properly! Doesn't stop me from trying, but my wrappers are honestly such a mess. But I still keep going back for more and trying again! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri May 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Ugh, I try not to think about all the plastic waste! It's a necessary evil with these, unfortunately, though I've seen some in store packaging that was ripped to shreds regardless!

I must be inept, my paka paka never tear properly! Doesn't stop me from trying, but my wrappers are honestly such a mess. But I still keep going back for more and trying again! lol

I find the first couple of waves were much easier to open. These newer ones don't tear correctly the majority of the time
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri May 14, 2021 11:47 pm

post31 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I would take that one step further and say that Snapsies are directed to young girls and the reason I believe that is when I finally did find some they where in the girls toys section of Target.

Agreed! I much prefer the paka paka as a collector but I could totally see 8 year old me freaking out over Snapsies lolol
Image Image ImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 15, 2021 12:34 am

I’m taking this as a blessing in disguise cause now I can catch up a finish my sets!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat May 15, 2021 5:20 pm

post31 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Fair point, I actually saw a random commercial for them on one of the kids streaming channels. Haha So, definitely marketed towards them

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat May 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
post31 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Agreed! I much prefer the paka paka as a collector but I could totally see 8 year old me freaking out over Snapsies lolol

LoL makes me jealous kids get toys like this and I didn’t. LoL Its a pretty cool concept they have with these snapsies

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 16, 2021 2:40 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yeah, at least with Pops I keep everything in-box so it's not wasted packaging. But it's fun tearing open the Paka Paka wrappers along the perforated lines — except when they don't rip properly lol

I find the first couple of waves were much easier to open. These newer ones don't tear correctly the majority of the time

Ah, I didn't really do much of the early waves! That explains a lot, thanks for letting me know it's not just me! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Sun May 16, 2021 10:35 am

Can't wait to see series 2 of the boo series of paka paka. I'm sure it will be announced during Funkoween

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sun May 16, 2021 10:58 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I must be inept, my paka paka never tear properly! Doesn't stop me from trying, but my wrappers are honestly such a mess. But I still keep going back for more and trying again! lol

Ah, I didn't really do much of the early waves! That explains a lot, thanks for letting me know it's not just me! lol

Haha, nope. Both my partner and I struggle with these newer ones. Hoping they have it figured out on the Daisy Dukes — haven't got any of those yet.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
post31 wrote:I would take that one step further and say that Snapsies are directed to young girls and the reason I believe that is when I finally did find some they where in the girls toys section of Target.

LoL makes me jealous kids get toys like this and I didn’t. LoL Its a pretty cool concept they have with these snapsies

They remind me of The Littlest Pet Shop which I was super into as a kid, I know most of the funko collectors arent as excited by them, but I get it lol
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 18, 2021 1:38 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I find the first couple of waves were much easier to open. These newer ones don't tear correctly the majority of the time

Haha, nope. Both my partner and I struggle with these newer ones. Hoping they have it figured out on the Daisy Dukes — haven't got any of those yet.

I did 4 of them recently in a crazy attempt to find a dragon, and they opened slightly better for me than previous Pakas, but still not smoothly! Eh...in the greater scheme of issues, it's minor compared to my real issue of not finding a dragon every single time I buy a paka paka!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 18, 2021 1:39 am

Weho7SD wrote:Can't wait to see series 2 of the boo series of paka paka. I'm sure it will be announced during Funkoween

Oh, I hope so, that would be perfect!!! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue May 18, 2021 1:57 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Minus the excess plastic wrap and you have the plight of all blind bags/boxes/cans lol

Seriously! It happens more often than not. Wrappers can become a challenge! Lol!

post31

Postby post31 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:31 pm

Katers wrote:
Weho7SD wrote:Can't wait to see series 2 of the boo series of paka paka. I'm sure it will be announced during Funkoween

Add me to the hope so list :bounce: that would be awesome if they do.
SDCC 1998 - current
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funkon 2021

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 20, 2021 1:47 am

Greymom wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Ugh, I try not to think about all the plastic waste! It's a necessary evil with these, unfortunately, though I've seen some in store packaging that was ripped to shreds regardless!

Seriously! It happens more often than not. Wrappers can become a challenge! Lol!

Too bad that's not the only frustration of paka pakas! lol Though with the lack of recent announcements, I wouldn't mind a new wave to be frustrated by!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 20, 2021 1:49 am

post31 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Does anyone remember when the first Boo Hollow line was announced? I don't remember if it was a Funkoween announcement or just a regular announcement. Regardless, Funkoween cannot come soon enough!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu May 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Katers wrote:
post31 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Does anyone remember when the first Boo Hollow line was announced? I don't remember if it was a Funkoween announcement or just a regular announcement. Regardless, Funkoween cannot come soon enough!

I can't remember either, but a series 2 would definitely be a great Funkoween announcement!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 am

I really hope so, that would be so rad!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 21, 2021 2:20 am

Katers wrote:
post31 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I’m pretty sure it was a Funkoween announcement, but it seems like that was forever ago too

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Ah, I didn't really do much of the early waves! That explains a lot, thanks for letting me know it's not just me! lol

I did 4 of them recently in a crazy attempt to find a dragon, and they opened slightly better for me than previous Pakas, but still not smoothly! Eh...in the greater scheme of issues, it's minor compared to my real issue of not finding a dragon every single time I buy a paka paka!

lol yeah. I have dragons for most of the series I've purchased, except Munchies still... and some of the new ones

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri May 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Greymom wrote:
Imagery wrote:

Yup! The first couple of series were easier, but I'm finding they're getting more difficult with each release

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri May 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yeah, at least with Pops I keep everything in-box so it's not wasted packaging. But it's fun tearing open the Paka Paka wrappers along the perforated lines — except when they don't rip properly lol

Too bad that's not the only frustration of paka pakas! lol Though with the lack of recent announcements, I wouldn't mind a new wave to be frustrated by!

I'm definitely curious to see what wacky thing they come out with next

post31

Postby post31 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Yay!!! Finally we get some new paka paka and it’s Boo Hollow so that’s a double yay!!! Plus a new paka paka dragon and it looks like now they are making the leap to pops. Can this day get any better
SDCC 1998 - current
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funkon 2021

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 24, 2021 6:50 pm

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
post31 wrote:Add me to the hope so list :bounce: that would be awesome if they do.

I can't remember either, but a series 2 would definitely be a great Funkoween announcement!

Well, I feel like we willed this into being. Good job us, go team! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 24, 2021 6:55 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
post31 wrote:Add me to the hope so list :bounce: that would be awesome if they do.

I’m pretty sure it was a Funkoween announcement, but it seems like that was forever ago too

Are we counting 2020? I haven't been...it's the year that time forgot. lol Agreed though, seems like the original Boo Hollow announcement was about a decade ago!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 24, 2021 7:02 pm

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Haha, nope. Both my partner and I struggle with these newer ones. Hoping they have it figured out on the Daisy Dukes — haven't got any of those yet.

lol yeah. I have dragons for most of the series I've purchased, except Munchies still... and some of the new ones

I'm really picky with which sets of Pakas I buy or delve into, but that pickiness doesn't seem to extend to the dragons. I need ALL the dragons! Unfortunately, that sends me off to ebay or mercari more often than not. And I am nowhere near having all the dragons, because I am cheap and it hurts my soul to overpay for these lovelies! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 24, 2021 7:03 pm

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:Seriously! It happens more often than not. Wrappers can become a challenge! Lol!

You tempted the announcements, and look what happened! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 24, 2021 7:09 pm

post31 wrote:Yay!!! Finally we get some new paka paka and it’s Boo Hollow so that’s a double yay!!! Plus a new paka paka dragon and it looks like now they are making the leap to pops. Can this day get any better

Seriously, the second round looks fabulous! Just called in my preorder for it via my 'dealer' - looks like I have a bit of time until they release. That's okay though, I have plenty of other preorders to keep me entertained in the meantime! So glad that Boo Hollow is continuing, now I just have to figure out a better way to display all of my pakas!
Image ImageImage Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 24, 2021 11:06 pm

I’m loving the new series of Boo Hollow, that’s going to be fun to collect. I’m also excited that there is more Paka Paka coming

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue May 25, 2021 1:07 am

I'm so looking forward to collecting this set!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue May 25, 2021 12:03 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I did 4 of them recently in a crazy attempt to find a dragon, and they opened slightly better for me than previous Pakas, but still not smoothly! Eh...in the greater scheme of issues, it's minor compared to my real issue of not finding a dragon every single time I buy a paka paka!

I'm really picky with which sets of Pakas I buy or delve into, but that pickiness doesn't seem to extend to the dragons. I need ALL the dragons! Unfortunately, that sends me off to ebay or mercari more often than not. And I am nowhere near having all the dragons, because I am cheap and it hurts my soul to overpay for these lovelies! lol

I'm not a huge fan of the Toilet Ninjas, but I still grabbed a few to have — and luckily got the ones I wanted and avoided the ones I didn't. I think I'll have the same approach with Daisy Duke Dogs. But yeah, the dragons are hard to come by naturally. I haven't resorted to secondary market for them... yet

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue May 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Too bad that's not the only frustration of paka pakas! lol Though with the lack of recent announcements, I wouldn't mind a new wave to be frustrated by!

You tempted the announcements, and look what happened! lol

lol I have the power! :cheers:
Wasn't super surprised to see more Boo Hollow, though it was interesting to see it expanded to other lines (Pop, Plush, etc.)

Return to “Blind Bags”