Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby Katers » Thu May 27, 2021 1:44 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:I’m loving the new series of Boo Hollow, that’s going to be fun to collect. I’m also excited that there is more Paka Paka coming

I'm a little surprised we didn't get another series of something announced (at least, not yet!). Could've had a fun time with some monstrous paka pakas being announced? Although who knows what we still have in store for us!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby Katers » Thu May 27, 2021 1:52 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:lol yeah. I have dragons for most of the series I've purchased, except Munchies still... and some of the new ones

I'm really picky with which sets of Pakas I buy or delve into, but that pickiness doesn't seem to extend to the dragons. I need ALL the dragons! Unfortunately, that sends me off to ebay or mercari more often than not. And I am nowhere near having all the dragons, because I am cheap and it hurts my soul to overpay for these lovelies! lol

I'm not a huge fan of the Toilet Ninjas, but I still grabbed a few to have — and luckily got the ones I wanted and avoided the ones I didn't. I think I'll have the same approach with Daisy Duke Dogs. But yeah, the dragons are hard to come by naturally. I haven't resorted to secondary market for them... yet

Congrats on your success with the TN, and good luck with the DDD! Hold out on the dragons as long as you can - that way lies danger! But they're just so pretty..! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 27, 2021 1:54 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm definitely curious to see what wacky thing they come out with next

You tempted the announcements, and look what happened! lol

lol I have the power! :cheers:
Wasn't super surprised to see more Boo Hollow, though it was interesting to see it expanded to other lines (Pop, Plush, etc.)

Keep using your powers for good, please!!

Love that they expanded the line. It must've done well last round. Of course, who doesn't love Halloween??? \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu May 27, 2021 9:55 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I'm really picky with which sets of Pakas I buy or delve into, but that pickiness doesn't seem to extend to the dragons. I need ALL the dragons! Unfortunately, that sends me off to ebay or mercari more often than not. And I am nowhere near having all the dragons, because I am cheap and it hurts my soul to overpay for these lovelies! lol

I'm not a huge fan of the Toilet Ninjas, but I still grabbed a few to have — and luckily got the ones I wanted and avoided the ones I didn't. I think I'll have the same approach with Daisy Duke Dogs. But yeah, the dragons are hard to come by naturally. I haven't resorted to secondary market for them... yet

Congrats on your success with the TN, and good luck with the DDD! Hold out on the dragons as long as you can - that way lies danger! But they're just so pretty..! \:D/

Oh, I have the dragons for almost all the sets I do have so I'm already far down that path. I've just managed to pull most of them. That Munchies one is proving impossible though
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu May 27, 2021 10:02 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:You tempted the announcements, and look what happened! lol

lol I have the power! :cheers:
Wasn't super surprised to see more Boo Hollow, though it was interesting to see it expanded to other lines (Pop, Plush, etc.)

Keep using your powers for good, please!!
Love that they expanded the line. It must've done well last round. Of course, who doesn't love Halloween??? \:D/

I'll do what I can!
I think the fact that Reis had some really good ideas for the Pops with Deluxe and Moment versions definitely helped push the Paka characters into a new direction
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat May 29, 2021 2:13 pm

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I’m loving the new series of Boo Hollow, that’s going to be fun to collect. I’m also excited that there is more Paka Paka coming

I'm a little surprised we didn't get another series of something announced (at least, not yet!). Could've had a fun time with some monstrous paka pakas being announced? Although who knows what we still have in store for us!

They might just be playing safe with boo hollow for now since that proved to be successful already
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:32 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the Toilet Ninjas, but I still grabbed a few to have — and luckily got the ones I wanted and avoided the ones I didn't. I think I'll have the same approach with Daisy Duke Dogs. But yeah, the dragons are hard to come by naturally. I haven't resorted to secondary market for them... yet

Oh, I have the dragons for almost all the sets I do have so I'm already far down that path. I've just managed to pull most of them. That Munchies one is proving impossible though

That was the first one I pulled from my first real Paka order! Munchies and Boo are the easiest I've dealt with, but the others have been hard for me to find. ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:36 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

They might just be playing safe with boo hollow for now since that proved to be successful already

I am totally fine with that, considering how much I loved the first series! My only sadness with the series 2 announcement is that the Trees didn't make the cut for an update. Maybe they'll make a comeback in Series 3?
Image ImageImage Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

I am totally fine with that, considering how much I loved the first series! My only sadness with the series 2 announcement is that the Trees didn't make the cut for an update. Maybe they'll make a comeback in Series 3?

I’d personally like to see more trees myself!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:00 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I’d personally like to see more trees myself!

Seriously! Why couldn't the trees have been the 1/9s?? ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:28 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Congrats on your success with the TN, and good luck with the DDD! Hold out on the dragons as long as you can - that way lies danger! But they're just so pretty..! \:D/

That was the first one I pulled from my first real Paka order! Munchies and Boo are the easiest I've dealt with, but the others have been hard for me to find. ](*,)

Nice. My best pull was ordering one Toilet Ninja ball and scoring the dragon. It was like winning the Paka lottery lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Oh, I have the dragons for almost all the sets I do have so I'm already far down that path. I've just managed to pull most of them. That Munchies one is proving impossible though

Nice. My best pull was ordering one Toilet Ninja ball and scoring the dragon. It was like winning the Paka lottery lol

So happy when that happens! Here's hoping we keep hitting these lottery moments! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:That was the first one I pulled from my first real Paka order! Munchies and Boo are the easiest I've dealt with, but the others have been hard for me to find. ](*,)

So happy when that happens! Here's hoping we keep hitting these lottery moments! :cheers:

Agreed \:D/

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm

I've had awesome luck with getting dragons from the Funko Shop online lol it's like they know what I need <3
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:00 am

kihou wrote:I've had awesome luck with getting dragons from the Funko Shop online lol it's like they know what I need <3

lol I feel like that happens about half the time for me - the other half, they KNOW and are mocking me!
Image ImageImage Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:50 pm

kihou wrote:I've had awesome luck with getting dragons from the Funko Shop online lol it's like they know what I need <3

Same here actually, my first Dragon pull was from the Funkoshop lol

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:18 am

I'm still disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka news. :(

I mean, other toy companies are producing plastic capsule surprise balls, so using the pandemic/production problems as an excuse doesn't quit jive well with me. Seems like something else is afoot.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:31 am

sylin wrote:I'm still disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka news. :(

I mean, other toy companies are producing plastic capsule surprise balls, so using the pandemic/production problems as an excuse doesn't quit jive well with me. Seems like something else is afoot.

My theory is they are focusing on Sodas right now, they have been getting really big so I wouldn't be surprised if paka paka gets dropped soon.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:48 am

It's hard to tell, but the bonus of Paka Paka is that the recent ones are all their own lines so they don't have to worry about licensing. Hopefully we get some more news soon! At least we got Boo Hollow series 2!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:25 pm

I gotta say…after seeing Shang Chi, a mystery mini set would have been awesome!! So many beautiful costumes, characters and creatures!!
It’s me Lynda

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:31 am

I'm hoping to see more Star Wars Mystery MInis like Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menance. The Mandalorian was a fun set.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:09 pm

The new pinata pakapaka are amazing. Wonder if we'll see more sets announced soon.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:40 pm

What would be some good Paka Paka ideas if you had a chance to make some (nothing with licenses)?

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:What would be some good Paka Paka ideas if you had a chance to make some (nothing with licenses)?

Something with like the generic green alien idea. Like those little 25 cent alien toys you'd get from the machines at a bowling alley. Have some aliens doing random stuff
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:What would be some good Paka Paka ideas if you had a chance to make some (nothing with licenses)?

Do all dragons!

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:13 pm

A couple of quick ideas that I think would be fun! What do you think?

-Larping Pets (mouse warrior, bunny barbarian, cat priest, parrot paladin, wizard dog, etc)
-Rodent Royalty (Rat kings, queens, princes, princesses, dukes, jesters etc)
-Happy Homes (Anthropomorphic houses, apartments etc)
-Future Fighters (Silly sci-fi warriors)
-Powerful potions (Potions with personality, different shaped beakers and stuff)
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:33 am

The all dragons and larping animals suggestions are awesome.

I usually like animals or creature sets the best.

Themes that are cool: steampunk, robots, pirates, zombiefied, skeletons, medieval, nature

So maybe things like a Puppy Pirate Crew, Rainbow Robots with metallic chases, Skeleton Keys (cute skeletons that form a rock band), Fancy Foxes ( they all wear top hats, monocles, or tuxes)

I'm rambling but thinking of these is fun. Looking forward to others ideas people share.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

post31

Postby post31 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:10 pm

Day of the Dead Bears
World wide robots (like small world meets robots)
Flower plants in coffee cups
Hangry animals Hangramals
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:12 pm

Coffees/teas
    Christmas set (mini Peppermint Lane?!)
    Barnyard animals in sweaters
    Mythical creatures
    Fairies
    Soup Troop series 2!
    Ocean Buddies! FISH IN LITTLE FISH BOWLS!
    Succulents

And I agree with the potions suggested above!
Melissa

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:22 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:So maybe things like a Puppy Pirate Crew, Rainbow Robots with metallic chases, Skeleton Keys (cute skeletons that form a rock band), Fancy Foxes ( they all wear top hats, monocles, or tuxes)

OMG, I love the Skeleton Keys and Foxes ones! Great ideas!
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:27 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
    Christmas set (mini Peppermint Lane?!)
    Mythical creatures

Ooooo! I would love some mini paka paka series of Original Funko stuff, like Freddy's Fridays (Fun stuff Freddy Funko is doing on Friday night, like 3d movie watching, video games, etc.), and Fantastik Vakation (Spastik Plastik/Fantastik Plastik characters doing unusual vacation activities chase variants are already built-in with the different colorways! And the dragon should be wearing sunglassses)
#BeastBoyShrine

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:34 pm

I would love to see a rendition of the Wetmore Monsters as Paka Paka, that would be outstanding!

A Christmas set would be amazing too, similar to what Boo Hollow does for Halloween. I use my Boo Hollow in my Halloween Village display and would love to do the same with a Christmas Series.

I also know one of your Art Directors, Gary Ham, is an amazing designer toy artist with some outstanding original characters! My suggestions would be to highlight the designers style, like Reis and Boo Hollow.

Nick IG: collector.badger

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:49 pm

I read this thread today and it made me really want to see some Spastik minis, so I doodled some up today! I may actually line and color these eventually!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Christmas-themed Paka Paka please! Could easily do something with different elves, gingerbread, or the 12 Days of Christmas!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 pm

Something with dinosaurs

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:21 am

thefunkohunko wrote:I read this thread today and it made me really want to see some Spastik minis, so I doodled some up today! I may actually line and color these eventually!

Oh spastik minis would be cool, haven't had some minis in a while these would be a nice refresher to them.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:17 pm

I would say the holidays aka Christmas and Thanksgiving themes. There are so many great characters that can be made from some great ideas. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:49 pm

How about Wetmore pakas.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:27 am

Shalee04 wrote:

How about Wetmore pakas.

I would totally buy a full case just to make sure I got all of them.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 pm

How does everyone feel about the announcement of Paka Paka Clown Sky?

Return to “Blind Bags”