Pokemon Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
EricsPopLounge

Pokemon Minis

Postby EricsPopLounge » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:28 pm

I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone else is in desperate need of this line. I would love to see this get started. I would probably get two sets, one for my collection and one for at work! I think a mini Bulbasaur would just be perfection. Ooh and a mini Pichu!
Thoughts anyone?
-Eric FORMALLY PURPLESTITCH
“Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten” Lilo and Stitch
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!
ImageImageImage

ShyGuyPal

Re: Pokemon Minis

Postby ShyGuyPal » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:07 am

I think it would be neat to see Funko style Mystery Minis of Pokemon characters.
I hate to poo-poo on the idea with this, but I have quite a few issues if they did it:
1. There are already a lot (probably more than other series I've seen) of mini figure style Pokemon. Off the top of my head: Tomy's 2" line, Bandai's Pokemon Kids and mystery Pokeball line, that one Aquarium line, maybe the Shodo line (if that counts). Personally I collect from the Pokemon Kids line on occasions as they are nice and fairly cheap.
2. I don't think they'd be as satisfying since the Mystery Minis usually are stuck to around 15 to 20 characters, so we probably wouldn't get anyone besides the ones they made POPs of plus maybe one or two new ones and variants. There would probably be the Kanto starters, Pikachu + 2 variants of him, Mewtwo, maybe some other figures like DP starts to promote the new games, etc. It would be very inconsistent I guess is my point.
3. They would be taking away prioirtiy from other Mini lines that rarely get merchandise. This would be my biggest pet peeve if Funko did it, unless we got less of other large franchise hitters, like Marvel, DC, Disney, etc. to balance things out.
I do highly encourage you, if you are interested, to look into other Pokemon minifigure lines out there. There are a lot of mini Pikachus and Bulbasaurs to choose from than what I think Funko would be able to offer. :)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

EricsPopLounge

Postby EricsPopLounge » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:06 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:I think it would be neat to see Funko style Mystery Minis of Pokemon characters.
I hate to poo-poo on the idea with this, but I have quite a few issues if they did it:
1. There are already a lot (probably more than other series I've seen) of mini figure style Pokemon. Off the top of my head: Tomy's 2" line, Bandai's Pokemon Kids and mystery Pokeball line, that one Aquarium line, maybe the Shodo line (if that counts). Personally I collect from the Pokemon Kids line on occasions as they are nice and fairly cheap.
2. I don't think they'd be as satisfying since the Mystery Minis usually are stuck to around 15 to 20 characters, so we probably wouldn't get anyone besides the ones they made POPs of plus maybe one or two new ones and variants. There would probably be the Kanto starters, Pikachu + 2 variants of him, Mewtwo, maybe some other figures like DP starts to promote the new games, etc. It would be very inconsistent I guess is my point.
3. They would be taking away prioirtiy from other Mini lines that rarely get merchandise. This would be my biggest pet peeve if Funko did it, unless we got less of other large franchise hitters, like Marvel, DC, Disney, etc. to balance things out.
I do highly encourage you, if you are interested, to look into other Pokemon minifigure lines out there. There are a lot of mini Pikachus and Bulbasaurs to choose from than what I think Funko would be able to offer. :)

I honestly did not know there were some of these mini lines. Can you send me some links as to where you buy the Bandai ones?
This wasn't a downer post at all BTW. A good eye opener!
“Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten” Lilo and Stitch
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!
ImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 am

It would be sooo cool to see Pokemon in some of Funko's iconic Mystery Mini styles! We don't get that often enough. Though, Pokemon is unfortunately a very strict license so I doubt it.

If it did happen...give me Gengar!!!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:02 am

Oof itll be never ending. While I would need a few myself I would also feel really bad for completionists.

lol

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:57 pm

What I'm hearing is: please give me 4 different sculpts of Pikachu, and a 1/72 Target exclusive Mew lol
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Mystery minis have felt pretty dead lately and these would definitely give the line some life. I'm all for it!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:11 pm

Maybe this is how we get their other forms aka Charamelon in my future? This would be a huge hit though if Funko decides to roll the dice on the Pokemon. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

EricsPopLounge

Postby EricsPopLounge » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:02 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:It would be sooo cool to see Pokemon in some of Funko's iconic Mystery Mini styles! We don't get that often enough. Though, Pokemon is unfortunately a very strict license so I doubt it.

Really? I had no idea their license was so strict. How do you find that out?
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!
ImageImageImage

EricsPopLounge

Postby EricsPopLounge » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:03 pm

Geescube wrote:Oof itll be never ending. While I would need a few myself I would also feel really bad for completionists.

lol

Thank you for your sympothy haha. I still have some work to do but I want to complete every Pokemon Funko item that is out. I am about 80% right now I believe...maybe higher lol
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!
ImageImageImage

EricsPopLounge

Postby EricsPopLounge » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:04 pm

Tusken wrote:Maybe this is how we get their other forms aka Charamelon in my future? This would be a huge hit though if Funko decides to roll the dice on the Pokemon. :freddy3:

OOOH. I still would want full size evolutions. I really hope they do at least the original 150
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!
ImageImageImage

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 am

I'd love a minis line for Pokemon because there are so many and full size pops would take up so much room! I did see rumors of something along that train of thought. Hoping we'll see it around the holidays if it came true.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 am

Love the idea of this line! If this happened it would be a very popular line for many! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:29 am

EricsPopLounge wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:It would be sooo cool to see Pokemon in some of Funko's iconic Mystery Mini styles! We don't get that often enough. Though, Pokemon is unfortunately a very strict license so I doubt it.

Really? I had no idea their license was so strict. How do you find that out?

Just observation! If they weren't so strict I'm sure we would have seen Pokémon Pop!s much sooner than we did and more characters (maybe even other lines like Mystery Minis) as well rather than all the diamond collections and ten inches. Nintendo in general seems to have a lot of restrictions for the people they work with.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:20 pm

EricsPopLounge wrote:I honestly did not know there were some of these mini lines. Can you send me some links as to where you buy the Bandai ones?
This wasn't a downer post at all BTW. A good eye opener!

Awesome! Sure thing!
Also Funko literally just announced a Calendar with mini POPs of the Pokemon POPs (including Bulbasaur) if you are interested in those!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTAiIRBj-c1 ... _copy_link

Here is a website (in Japanese) on recent Pokemon merchandise by Bandai Japan (including Shodo figures and scale figures):
https://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/characte ... index.html

Jazzwares currently makes a lot of Pokemon stuff, usually the stuff you'll see on stores shelves at places like Target and Walmart, including figures, action figures, plushes, etc. Some of these are in a smaller scale!

The Pokemon Kids finger puppets are only released in Japan, but they can be found pretty easily online (and sometimes international grocery stores, they are about 1 inch tall):
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki ... A9mon_Kids

Here is a webpage on the Takara Tomy Monocolle collection (also Japan only, but should be easy to find online):
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki ... Collection
They were distributed by Hasbro and Tomy in the states many years ago:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Figures

I hope this helps!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:22 pm

If Funko decides to go with Pokemon minis, it would be a fun set. This line would be massive.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

EricsPopLounge

Postby EricsPopLounge » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:27 am

Jade-Rex wrote:I'd love a minis line for Pokemon because there are so many and full size pops would take up so much room! I did see rumors of something along that train of thought. Hoping we'll see it around the holidays if it came true.

Yessss the calendar!!!! I had been asking for that too for like two years hahaha!
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!
ImageImageImage

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:07 pm

EricsPopLounge wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:I'd love a minis line for Pokemon because there are so many and full size pops would take up so much room! I did see rumors of something along that train of thought. Hoping we'll see it around the holidays if it came true.

Yessss the calendar!!!! I had been asking for that too for like two years hahaha!

Yeah! Pre-ordered that one right away. Now all I need is a Simpsons treehouse of Horror advent. Hint hint Funko! \:D/
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

EricsPopLounge

Postby EricsPopLounge » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:35 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:
EricsPopLounge wrote:

Yeah! Pre-ordered that one right away. Now all I need is a Simpsons treehouse of Horror advent. Hint hint Funko! \:D/

HAHA! I haven't preordered anything lately since we are moving and dont know where to have it sent :-/
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!
ImageImageImage

Maserati777

Postby Maserati777 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:34 pm

It definitely would be cool to see them. Maybe starting with the ones they’ve made then having shiny versions be rare.

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:35 am

We are kinda getting these with the Advent Calendar for this Christmas. I just wish they had taken the opportunity to add some new characters and not just doing different variants of the same ones.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:02 pm

Omg! That's a whole of characters to go through!

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Would love that! HT exclusive 1/72 GITD Charizard here we come lol lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:05 am

I seriously would never have thought that Pokemon would still be a thing nowadays. If I'd known that, I would have totally saved all those cards I bought for my nephew when he lost interest in them. He kinda outgrew them.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:45 pm

I know there are a lot of minis on the market for Pokémon but there's also a big market for them.... I do think it comes down to how strict licensing would be. That being said it would be cool to see variants and evolutions in mini form.
Image Image ImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:28 pm

For me, when there's a line with a large number of characters, I prefer minis because they're easier to store/display than the same number of regular-sized figures
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:43 pm

I would love minis, I have to limit the ones I buy right now but I could complete the minis.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:53 am

They could make a minis just for eeveelotion lol
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 am

I feel like we were on the right track with the advent calendar of pop pockets, maybe we can get a mini line with some more action poses!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:52 pm

Yes I'm in. I think this would be something everyone would be a couple of here and there for fun. Just to see what they can get even if pokemon isn't one of their pop lines. So many pokemon that they could do 10 different series and still not even tapped the surface lol. Man I wish they'd make these now.

polarbearsrule

Postby polarbearsrule » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:18 am

This would be an amazing line!

Return to “Blind Bags”