Are minis pretty much done?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Greymom

Re: Are minis pretty much done?

Postby Greymom » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:38 am

I love the mini lines, but I now have to be super picky on which lines I collect. It can take a serious hit on the budget if I'm not careful.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:21 pm

With this fandom, it’s good to be selective, you almost have to be, or you can find yourself spending tons of money, IMO. It just so many lines across the board to collect. Mini’s may have slowed a bit, but I don’t think they’re done… lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:48 pm

Last ones I collected were the My Hero Academia set (hoping for S2).

Before that it was LOTR.

Still working on GOT

But yes minis have slowed down to me and some that come out now are the ones with windows.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:39 pm

I don’t think that they cut the line completely either but yeah I think Covid made them cut down on what they were pushing out previously. I know that a few people lost love for though because some of the lines that were 100% blind box came out later at like five below in those open boxes and that’s never a good thing to feel when you have a person that blows a ton to complete a line with a blind box then later on they show up not so blind on the cheap. So if they continue I really hope they steer away from that Or just make them all open window to begin with , but then no mystery lol. I love mystery minis and I love the hunt for them so hoping I see some more in the future that I’ll collect.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:42 pm

tgltuz wrote:I don’t think that they cut the line completely either but yeah I think Covid made them cut down on what they were pushing out previously. I know that a few people lost love for though because some of the lines that were 100% blind box came out later at like five below in those open boxes and that’s never a good thing to feel when you have a person that blows a ton to complete a line with a blind box then later on they show up not so blind on the cheap. So if they continue I really hope they steer away from that Or just make them all open window to begin with , but then no mystery lol. I love mystery minis and I love the hunt for them so hoping I see some more in the future that I’ll collect.

Yeah, I both liked and disliked the clear box ones for the reason you said - I had tried with the truly blind ones to complete the set so I spent extra. The other problem with the clear one though is that popular characters get picked faster, so if you aren't able to find a full box it can be hard to collect still. I wish Funko would make buying a whole case (especially for 1/12 rarity sets) more accessible (like putting it on their own site).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:33 pm

I really miss Horror Minis. It would be cool for Funko to do a set with the clear boxes.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:55 am

I do not remember the last mini I purchased
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:09 am

tgltuz wrote:I don’t think that they cut the line completely either but yeah I think Covid made them cut down on what they were pushing out previously. I know that a few people lost love for though because some of the lines that were 100% blind box came out later at like five below in those open boxes and that’s never a good thing to feel when you have a person that blows a ton to complete a line with a blind box then later on they show up not so blind on the cheap. So if they continue I really hope they steer away from that Or just make them all open window to begin with , but then no mystery lol. I love mystery minis and I love the hunt for them so hoping I see some more in the future that I’ll collect.

Agree with this, that turned a lot of people away including me!
Instagram- calebshiny

Return to “Blind Bags”