Are minis pretty much done?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MM1000

Are minis pretty much done?

Postby MM1000 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:00 pm

I know they come out with the random DC movie line every now and then that end up in clearance, but any word on this line? Are they winding down? It’s a shame because it’s by far my favorite line and there are so many more series they could do. My absolute wants are Batman the animated series and a classic mortal kombat. Horror too but don’t know who would be left.

Thoughts? News?

thefunkohunko

Re: Are minis pretty much done?

Postby thefunkohunko » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:09 pm

I feel like they aren’t done, but saved for specific stuff. You used to see them release with every movie or show, but now it’s more scarce. I like mystery minis, hope they won’t fade!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:57 pm

With covid and stores already cutting down on product I'm sure it affected the minis coming out. Funko prob didnt want it to be priority to go mini hunting during a pandemic lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:37 am

I dont mind the break or if they are done. Its been great!

I agree though that they are my fave.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:22 am

Esko5150 wrote:With covid and stores already cutting down on product I'm sure it affected the minis coming out. Funko prob didnt want it to be priority to go mini hunting during a pandemic lol

As much as I love hunting minis, I'm so glad that they've slowed down during the pandemic. I was trying to finish off the venomized line last year while things were still locked down, and it was horrible. Super stressful, and not the usual fun experience!

But we do have minis in the pipeline supposedly - the What If! series is one I'm super excited about. I wonder if it's all areas of the pandemic hitting the lines - production slowed down, then all the shipping problems? I hope that's all it is, and once we get back to normal, I can go back to my normal mini hunting!
Image ImageImage Image

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:13 am

Katers wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:With covid and stores already cutting down on product I'm sure it affected the minis coming out. Funko prob didnt want it to be priority to go mini hunting during a pandemic lol

As much as I love hunting minis, I'm so glad that they've slowed down during the pandemic. I was trying to finish off the venomized line last year while things were still locked down, and it was horrible. Super stressful, and not the usual fun experience!

But we do have minis in the pipeline supposedly - the What If! series is one I'm super excited about. I wonder if it's all areas of the pandemic hitting the lines - production slowed down, then all the shipping problems? I hope that's all it is, and once we get back to normal, I can go back to my normal mini hunting!

I haven't bought a mini in over 3 years, and actually had to pack up most of my over 600 minis due to space. I just don't have any more space to display so many. 8-[
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:21 pm

Minis was one of the more under rated lines from Funko, IMO. Really love collecting them through the years.

The hunt was really fun! plus the details were far better in Minis form than for example, in Pop! form. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:24 pm

May not be 100% done but definitely scaled back like many other products. I’d be surprised if they completely ended.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:15 pm

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:15 pm

I really like minis. I did not like the ratio hunt though lol.

1/12's were nice. :p I still pick some up with the window at Five Below! Love those. I can pick which I want. (Except for Mandalorian, they only still have ig-11, Cara, Kuiil and Greef)
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:33 pm

I enjoyed the nice break during the pandemic, as we're saving for some big-ticket purchases, but man- it really feels like the announcement stream has slowed down to a trickle.
I'm very excited for the What If? series to release, and I hope the ratio announcement is a little more in line with what we used to see in the older days...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:16 pm

I recently saw The Office Minis (Valentine Version) at Walmart, so it doesn't look like it's done yet. I'm hoping they would continue with the Star Wars line for the other episodes.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:11 am

Shalee04 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I haven't bought a mini in over 3 years, and actually had to pack up most of my over 600 minis due to space. I just don't have any more space to display so many. 8-[

Wow, that sounds like an awesome mini collection! If you hadn't just said you packed them up, I'd be asking for photos! I've resisted a lot of mini lines that I would go for because of space limitations, but also budget limitations. When I start thinking about how much I spent to pull duplicates of some of the lines, it can be a bit...disappointing! Still love them though. Well, not that blue creeper from Avengers: Infinity War. I still hate him. He haunts my nightmares! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:12 am

renardchua wrote:Minis was one of the more under rated lines from Funko, IMO. Really love collecting them through the years.

The hunt was really fun! plus the details were far better in Minis form than for example, in Pop! form. :)

Agreed, the hunt was awesome! I'd grab my friends and go on road trips hunting them, always a good time! And yes, the details on those little guys was amazing - some of my favorite figures are minis!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:13 am

ComicsZombie wrote:I really like minis. I did not like the ratio hunt though lol.

1/12's were nice. :p I still pick some up with the window at Five Below! Love those. I can pick which I want. (Except for Mandalorian, they only still have ig-11, Cara, Kuiil and Greef)

The ratios are definitely the hardest part of mini hunting. If there just weren't so many 1:6s! At least the 1:12s give you a fighting chance.
Image ImageImage Image

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:03 am

Good question ... even when they are released there isn't much hype around them. The last release was Eternals, I think. I got a case at Target and want to hunt down more but they just aren't out there much.

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:49 am

Katers wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Wow, that sounds like an awesome mini collection! If you hadn't just said you packed them up, I'd be asking for photos! I've resisted a lot of mini lines that I would go for because of space limitations, but also budget limitations. When I start thinking about how much I spent to pull duplicates of some of the lines, it can be a bit...disappointing! Still love them though. Well, not that blue creeper from Avengers: Infinity War. I still hate him. He haunts my nightmares! lol

Pulling so many doubles of 1/6 ratio of Elsa is also another reason I stopped buying minis. The 1/ 6 ratios are ridiculous. I don't have disposable $$$$ to keep buying them plus minis cost to me is wacked.

I will look and see if I have pix from before they got packed
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:59 am

I hope they are not done. The thrill of opening blind boxes and the bigger thrill of pulling the chase. That's what it's all about. I have pulled plenty of 1/6's in my career, but I just gift them to friends/family and especially co-workers. They put them on their desks and then ask what else does Funko make... lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

kamakaziunicorn

Postby kamakaziunicorn » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:44 pm

I only ever completed 1 full set of minis, the One Piece set. Honestly, it felt good to complete the set but over time it found its way into a box.
Matt - Proud Member of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Currently collecting all Anime Dorbz and Pops :freddy3:
Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:52 am

Shalee04 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:

Pulling so many doubles of 1/6 ratio of Elsa is also another reason I stopped buying minis. The 1/ 6 ratios are ridiculous. I don't have disposable $$$$ to keep buying them plus minis cost to me is wacked.

I will look and see if I have pix from before they got packed

Your Elsa, my creeper...it's something about the blue minis, isn't it? lol

Yeah, the 1/6 ratio minis really kill it for me. If there has to be a 1/6 mini in the set, I'd really like it retooled so it's literally 1 mini, not 3. Keep it fun, and less painful.

I will eagerly hope you have pre-packing photos! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:55 am

jagpop wrote:I hope they are not done. The thrill of opening blind boxes and the bigger thrill of pulling the chase. That's what it's all about. I have pulled plenty of 1/6's in my career, but I just gift them to friends/family and especially co-workers. They put them on their desks and then ask what else does Funko make... lol

This past year, my 1/6 army of extras found their way into my candy bowl for halloween trick-or-treaters. Now I just need to get more trick-or-treaters to take care of that bowl for me! I also have a coworkers that's amassing quick an army of Spidey funko products. Yet he swears he's not a collector! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:02 am

Minis are hit and miss for me. I usually only want a select few instead of a whole set. Searching the ratios wasn't much fun for me. But The valentines Office set came out recently so I bet they aren't totally done.

I really miss pint size heroes though!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:37 pm

Minis were my favorite Funko line, and probably what drew me to the company most. However over the years between the boring line selections, the increasingly awful case ratios and the reliance on boring standard poses for so many sets i all but gave up on them. soda to me are a vastly superior version of them.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:06 am

Minis are the best line Funko has. Would love to see more. Haven't been making Ines I would collect, as focusing on one license now instead of many as used too.

The ratio problem can be solved by less than $20, but would prefer more friendly ratios.

I like Sodas too, but somewhat seem like Dorbz in the way they are flooding out with all the same items.

Minis were great as many Minis don't have the pop to match up. And that was some of the allure. I'd like to see more of that. Horror 4, Sci Fi 3, MOTU, WWF 3, lots of options that would have a lot of sales.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:48 am

Katers wrote:
jagpop wrote:I hope they are not done. The thrill of opening blind boxes and the bigger thrill of pulling the chase. That's what it's all about. I have pulled plenty of 1/6's in my career, but I just gift them to friends/family and especially co-workers. They put them on their desks and then ask what else does Funko make... lol

This past year, my 1/6 army of extras found their way into my candy bowl for halloween trick-or-treaters. Now I just need to get more trick-or-treaters to take care of that bowl for me! I also have a coworkers that's amassing quick an army of Spidey funko products. Yet he swears he's not a collector! lol

Bahaha...little by little we're going to get all our co-workers on the Funko drug. Slippery slope. lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:27 am

Jade-Rex wrote:Minis are hit and miss for me. I usually only want a select few instead of a whole set. Searching the ratios wasn't much fun for me. But The valentines Office set came out recently so I bet they aren't totally done.

I really miss pint size heroes though!

Seconded, I miss the pints as well! I'd gotten really good at maneuvering the figures around in the bags to figure out who I was getting. It's like a superpower!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:30 am

Mr Yac wrote:Minis were my favorite Funko line, and probably what drew me to the company most. However over the years between the boring line selections, the increasingly awful case ratios and the reliance on boring standard poses for so many sets i all but gave up on them. soda to me are a vastly superior version of them.

I think the biggest difference between the 2 lines is how I collect them. All my soda purchases were online, and I rarely purchased minis online. The quests I went on! Both lines have resulted in me making trades and friends in the funko community, so I love them both!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:31 am

jagpop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Bahaha...little by little we're going to get all our co-workers on the Funko drug. Slippery slope. lol

lol For them, absolutely! I've already grabbed my sled and flung myself down the hill! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:07 pm

Mr Yac wrote:Minis were my favorite Funko line, and probably what drew me to the company most. However over the years between the boring line selections, the increasingly awful case ratios and the reliance on boring standard poses for so many sets i all but gave up on them. soda to me are a vastly superior version of them.

Sodas are 90% the same pose, so I get some, but so many look the same. Also an issue with sodas.

Minis allow many options, but agree they did seem to get too into the minor eyes glow eyes, and slight variations. They should bring back Horror for big sales, as I need a good mini hunt.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:41 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Sodas are 90% the same pose, so I get some, but so many look the same. Also an issue with sodas.

Minis allow many options, but agree they did seem to get too into the minor eyes glow eyes, and slight variations. They should bring back Horror for big sales, as I need a good mini hunt.

soda is the largely the same position, but at least i can pick exactly who i want in said same potion unlike rolling the dice on minis. but yes, i would love another Horror wave.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:49 am

Mr Yac wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

soda is the largely the same position, but at least i can pick exactly who i want in said same potion unlike rolling the dice on minis. but yes, i would love another Horror wave.

Minis aren't as random as many think, although yes Dupes are frustrating.

But a big part of the older minis was multi license releases. That's what's missing I think. Funko focuses so much on anime now, so not sure if they even still have those licenses to make a new Horror line.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:42 pm

Minis sure seem on the backburner!

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:03 pm

I think Wishables are taking over for Minis - people are hunting those these days
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:23 am

I wish they would've continued the GPK minis. only 2 waves were ever produced.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:51 am

As a big mini collector, I miss the rush of trying to be the first to find that case to have a shot at it. Especially the store exclusives lol But sometimes I don't miss all the extras and stuff and the stress of going store to store to find them. I will say sodas have really taken the place of minis for me while they have been largely missing from the scene. I just wish I could find sodas more regularly in stores.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:48 am

bizzydesigner wrote:As a big mini collector, I miss the rush of trying to be the first to find that case to have a shot at it. Especially the store exclusives lol But sometimes I don't miss all the extras and stuff and the stress of going store to store to find them. I will say sodas have really taken the place of minis for me while they have been largely missing from the scene. I just wish I could find sodas more regularly in stores.

Yeah, other than shared con exclusives, its impossible to find stocked sodas in Hot Topic here in Alabama. I also miss the rush of looking for mystery minis!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:32 pm

I have my fingers crossed tightly that the What If? minis actually get released...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:39 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:I really like minis. I did not like the ratio hunt though lol.

I recently saw some windowed Mandalorian ones at a sports collectible store in a mall. I didn't look too closely at which characters they had since I saw they were charging $13+, which is WAY too much for a mini (in my opinion, at least).
Poppin'

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:37 pm

theraven00 wrote:

I recently saw some windowed Mandalorian ones at a sports collectible store in a mall. I didn't look too closely at which characters they had since I saw they were charging $13+, which is WAY too much for a mini (in my opinion, at least).

They're popping up at Five Below. I haven't seen any mando/grogu because people bought them ahead of me. I almost got an IG-11 tho. But I put it back. Lots of Cara Dune and Greef. I missed the Stitch window minis.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:09 pm

RogueSolo wrote:I have my fingers crossed tightly that the What If? minis actually get released...

Has Funko confirmed anything related any delay? Like many I’m hopeful it’s just a logistical issue…the minis for What If would be nice to have after MoM drops in May.

Return to “Blind Bags”