TMNT Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
315Retro

Re: TMNT Minis

Postby 315Retro » Wed May 21, 2014 6:33 pm

I kinda wish there'd be some hard to find variants. Maybe one per case. To add some excitement ya know?
Hi, my name is Jeph. I still love video games and toys.

agentaa

Postby agentaa » Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Do we know a release date?
Austin SW8 My YouTube channel is AgentAA Toys

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:29 am

unfortunately i kinda need the kidrobot ones more :/ Thankfully, or my whole room would be turtles!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 pm

I like them a lot. I must resist

Craig here......

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:46 am

315Retro wrote:I kinda wish there'd be some hard to find variants. Maybe one per case. To add some excitement ya know?

I like the idea of buy a case, get them all better. I hate it when I see people cherry pick the chase pieces and flip them for $50+ on ebay or any FB group. This makes it so much easier to get a set also. Plus it's only one of each character, not 5 Leonardo's in glow, metallic, and a slightly different stance.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

indigoINKS

Postby indigoINKS » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:49 pm

I agree. Its actually kinda nice getting a set knowing I like the way all the designs and sculpts look AND it won't cost me an am and a leg to get or cause me to go out of my way. Plus Amos designed these to look extra awesome. :cherry:
Betwixt DC and Marvel multiverses.
Sam was here.

hottoys2343

Postby hottoys2343 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Bigm wrote:
315Retro wrote:I kinda wish there'd be some hard to find variants. Maybe one per case. To add some excitement ya know?

I like the idea of buy a case, get them all better. I hate it when I see people cherry pick the chase pieces and flip them for $50+ on ebay or any FB group. This makes it so much easier to get a set also. Plus it's only one of each character, not 5 Leonardo's in glow, metallic, and a slightly different stance.

The hunt for things that are hard to find is part of the thrill of collecting...its awesome to run across a hot short packed, case fresh figure in the store and have it in your hands while others salivate over your find and are scouring stores looking for it. You guys worry way to much about what someone does with something second hand, does it really put that much of a damper on your day, if anything knowing the rare pieces go for that much should make you extra excited to find one in the store, but to each his own I guess if it makes you more happy to worry about "flippers" so be it.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:44 pm

hottoys2343 wrote:
Bigm wrote:

The hunt for things that are hard to find is part of the thrill of collecting...its awesome to run across a hot short packed, case fresh figure in the store and have it in your hands while others salivate over your find and are scouring stores looking for it. You guys worry way to much about what someone does with something second hand, does it really put that much of a damper on your day, if anything knowing the rare pieces go for that much should make you extra excited to find one in the store, but to each his own I guess if it makes you more happy to worry about "flippers" so be it.

Sure, it's great to go into a store and randomly buy one and get a rare one. That doesn't happen for a lot of people, though. What does happen is they get six or seven of the same piece. They're spending tons of cash. The odds get even worse when other people are going in and cherry picking or buying up whole stocks so they can flip them. When the stock is gone and you want one, only one place left to go, right? My philosophy is not to reward this behavior. I would advise everyone not to buy anything at a crazy price. However, some people really do have what I would consider a clinical addiction to this stuff. Flippers change the whole dynamic of normal retail for the worse. Just my opinion, though.
I'm Josh

hottoys2343

Postby hottoys2343 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:51 pm

...I dont see how you cherry pick blind boxes unless you know the case layout and your the first one to that case..but after that Id have to assume its pretty random with people picking up whatever they want...Im sure some of the people selling off the rares for a lot bought a lot of commons as well maybe they are trying to recoup there losses..but I guess maybe they have an xray machine that tells them where everything is

hottoys2343

Postby hottoys2343 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:56 pm

I think I remember seeing threads here about help me with case layouts..so apparently this place condones the cherry picking aspect of it.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Well, we had reports of HT employees opening and resealing blind boxes. We do know that some of these boxes have layouts. Sometimes, people buy the whole boxes, not for themselves, but exactly so they can flip them. That means a 1st party consumer doesn't even get a chance at it. I think most normal people who have 6 or 7 end up trading them, not selling them at inflated prices. I've seen how ugly flipping can get at cons and I don't think I'll ever feel good about the practice. Not trying to change anyone else's mind.
I'm Josh

hottoys2343

Postby hottoys2343 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:Well, we had reports of HT employees opening and resealing blind boxes. We do know that some of these boxes have layouts. Sometimes, people buy the whole boxes, not for themselves, but exactly so they can flip them. That means a 1st party consumer doesn't even get a chance at it. I think most normal people who have 6 or 7 end up trading them, not selling them at inflated prices. I've seen how ugly flipping can get at cons and I don't think I'll ever feel good about the practice. Not trying to change anyone else's mind.

Well to be fair if any consumer wants a chance at a whole box they can get them pretty easily..I like being one of the ones who has a hard to come by or low numbered piece it makes me feel accomplished, and it makes me feel awesome to know I paid retail for something people are willing to pay 2-3x or more for..if everyone had every piece in my arkham, DCUC or hot toys collection it wouldn't have the WOW factor that it does when people see it in person...and im a completest so it helps in that aspect as well.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:05 pm

hottoys2343 wrote:I think I remember seeing threads here about help me with case layouts..so apparently this place condones the cherry picking aspect of it.

I guess if I had to pick between someone cherry picking a Leonardo they want because they love TMNT and cherry picking one to sell for 100$, I'd pick the first guy. Is it semantics? Probably. Partially hypocritical? Possibly. Will I apologize? Nope! :)
I'm Josh

hottoys2343

Postby hottoys2343 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:11 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:
hottoys2343 wrote:I think I remember seeing threads here about help me with case layouts..so apparently this place condones the cherry picking aspect of it.

I guess if I had to pick between someone cherry picking a Leonardo they want because they love TMNT and cherry picking one to sell for 100$, I'd pick the first guy. Is it semantics? Probably. Partially hypocritical? Possibly. Will I apologize? Nope! :)

I guess I just fail to see the point in being mad at someone selling something rare for a price people are willing to pay for it...the collectors who are buying them for this price didnt have a problem with it so why should anyone else, no one is entitled to rare or exclusive pieces..another joy of collecting EVERYONE has an opportunity its really about how bad they want it. ME personally if I want a wave ill just order a case and sell off the extras or unwanted pieces that way I know for sure I wont miss out, either that or be the first in the store each and every stocking day until it comes in. I've never had an employee have an issue telling me when they are expecting a truck. And if I miss out after all of that like on SDCC exclusives then I pay the piper who did the work for me..better to get it early then watch it skyrocket in a year.

hottoys2343

Postby hottoys2343 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Back on track though...these are awesome and I'll get a case to throw into my sewer lair..second mini purchase first was the horror set...if you cant tell I love me some horror

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Hottoys. I don't recall you being on the board when we talked about the case layouts.

BTW, would love to see a picture of your collection!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Few things:

1.We all know how collecting is and flipping is part of it. It frustrates me alot but tough luck.
2. I think this is a good idea still. Regardless of chases or whatever. Pay one flat price and get them all. I know there are no "rare" pieces. And yes I do love my rare pieces.
3. Back to the original topic. I think these are some of the best looking ones. Just hope they all can stand properly.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Joxhn

Postby Joxhn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:09 pm

really nice!

On the Hunt for Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, TMNT Protos!

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Can't wait to get this set! I asked an awesome employee at my local hot topic to hold a case for me, so I can get the whole set once they're released!
Hi there! I'm Jared! Team Bacon 4 Life!!!

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:47 pm

dedboy wrote:Can't wait to get this set! I asked an awesome employee at my local hot topic to hold a case for me, so I can get the whole set once they're released!

You know there is about 6 different cases so just because you buy a case that will not mean it will be complete, actually I can assure you it will not be a complete set. Just a FYI so you know and you will get duplicates. I hate to see you blow all that money and get upset over it.
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Reverend wrote:
dedboy wrote:Can't wait to get this set! I asked an awesome employee at my local hot topic to hold a case for me, so I can get the whole set once they're released!

You know there is about 6 different cases so just because you buy a case that will not mean it will be complete, actually I can assure you it will not be a complete set. Just a FYI so you know and you will get duplicates. I hate to see you blow all that money and get upset over it.

I thought these cases came with 12 and the rarity was 1/12 meaning you got a full set from an unopened case? Has that changed?
I'm Josh

hottoys2343

Postby hottoys2343 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 pm

just because they are 1/12 doesnt mean your going to get a full case with the purchase of one case..it just means you have the same chance of getting one as you do of getting the other..

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm

hottoys2343 wrote:just because they are 1/12 doesnt mean your going to get a full case with the purchase of one case..it just means you have the same chance of getting one as you do of getting the other..

Based on the way the distribution worked for the GoT Mini cases at HT, there should be one of each character in the case, as that is how the 1/24 and 2/24 distribution worked with the GoT cases. This is what I was figuring and that the case would include one of each, as there are none that are more rare than others.
Hi there! I'm Jared! Team Bacon 4 Life!!!

djbcshawn

Postby djbcshawn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:08 pm

I was not into the Mystery Minis very much, then I started buying the Marvel ones, then I got hooked on the GoT ones, now I GOTTA have the TMNT ones! I wonder if my bank will allow me to just send Funko 20% of all my paychecks... lol
Shawn
:freddy2:
Instagram: smbarnett
Twitter: @shawnmbarnett

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Is there a release date on these yet?
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

zAkbar_777

Postby zAkbar_777 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:50 am

RogueSolo wrote:Is there a release date on these yet?

I believe soon, I talked the guy at my local comic shop and he said he should be getting a couple cases within the next 2 weeks.
"I Have to Return Some Video Tapes" instagram: cap_n_hwdy

lexiyrock

Postby lexiyrock » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:15 pm

what is the difference between the blind boxes and the ones in blister individually?

wolverinert68

Postby wolverinert68 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:18 pm

lexiyrock wrote:what is the difference between the blind boxes and the ones in blister individually?

Those are kidrobot. The ones I'm the blister glowwhere they are slime splattered, do not have black in the eyes and have different facial expressions. And blister splinter is orange not brown
[color=#0000FF]I'm Zac

lexiyrock

Postby lexiyrock » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:26 pm

what is the difference between the blind boxes and the ones in blister individually?

wolverinert68

Postby wolverinert68 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:32 pm

lexiyrock wrote:what is the difference between the blind boxes and the ones in blister individually?

Didn't I just answer that?
[color=#0000FF]I'm Zac

lexiyrock

Postby lexiyrock » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:02 pm

wolverinert68 wrote:

Didn't I just answer that?

LOL I think somehow the system reposted? I maybe cuz I clicked back on my browser? but thanks for the answer!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Lexi, I just bought two of the KR figures, a blind box Mikey and an OOZE Leo, which you can see here:

I personally like the no retina version better. But beware, the GITD Ooze splatter isn't very bright.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

indigoINKS

Postby indigoINKS » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Anybody know when these drop?
Betwixt DC and Marvel multiverses.
Sam was here.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:58 pm

indigoINKS wrote:Anybody know when these drop?

zAkbar_777 wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:Is there a release date on these yet?

I believe soon, I talked the guy at my local comic shop and he said he should be getting a couple cases within the next 2 weeks.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

JuicemanRJ

Postby JuicemanRJ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:27 pm

My comic shop sold out and already got the second order in I'm pretty sure.

SnackDaddy
HoF 2017 & CotY
HoF 2017 & CotY

Postby SnackDaddy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm

I picked up the GITD set from fugitives, I'm almost done with the BB, just need the chases (splinter and shredder)

Waiting for the Hot Topic hit cash to start
Houssein aka Huse aka SnackDaddy

Queen of Marvel

Postby Queen of Marvel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:12 pm

I really like these. I wish marvel had looked this cool!
Jeanne. The Queen of Marvel.

TheShredder

Postby TheShredder » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:01 pm

just asked Funko about these on twitter. they said its coming out in September!

I just got charged for the Rocksteady, April and Foot Soldier POP from BBTS. was hoping these would be out sooner so i could have them shipped together.

ahaubert80

Postby ahaubert80 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Dang it! Today I was at Hot Topic to check out what they had in stock and the store manager told me about some new TMNT Mystery Minis they just got in stock for the first time, and I remembered the first picture in this thread and remembered them looking really cool. From the start I knew I was buying some of the Kid Robot TNMT Mystery Minis and not a Funko product, but I had the picture of these minis in my head as I bought them.

So now instead of these awesome TMNT minis..

I have these ok looking TMNT minis...

Needless to say, I will not be getting anymore of the KR TMNT MM's and I might buy a case of the Funko MM's when they are released. At least I got a small army of TMNT villains and not two sets of two of the turtles.

The Kid Robot minis look so much cheaper than the upcoming Funko minis! They're like oversized Legos with better detailing.
My name is Andrew and I have a Pop addiction.

Hoping to find a Bloody Chase variant Leatherface Pop to complete my Horror Chases.

Pop Count: 150

ahaubert80

Postby ahaubert80 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:02 pm

I just ordered a case of the Funko TMNT Mystery Minis, so hopefully I get the whole collection in the case I get and I don't have to eBay anything.
My name is Andrew and I have a Pop addiction.

Hoping to find a Bloody Chase variant Leatherface Pop to complete my Horror Chases.

Pop Count: 150

Return to “Blind Bags”