Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Mystery mini bag color difference?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
APOPCALYPSE

Mystery mini bag color difference?

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi :-) I just purchased a Game of thrones mystery mini that's box and plastic were sealed but the interior bag was a translucent blackish/gray all of my other Game of thrones minis have been in black and not see through bags :-| is this normal for minis? I'm still new to them :-)

misterjstewart

Re: Mystery mini bag color difference?

Postby misterjstewart » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:48 pm

All the Mystery minis I have ever bought were black bags. Did you buy it from a store or someone selling them? I've seen a couple of sellers at toy/collectible shows who have opened the box and resealed them if they are not chase pieces. Some are better at concealing it than others.
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 pm

The first wave of The Walking Dead were in clear bags, but everything else I've seen has been in the black bags.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:40 pm

I guess the question is what did you end up pulling? It does sound like they went and searched through the box for the rares and then put a different bag back on the commons.
Rodney Image

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 am

misterjstewart wrote:All the Mystery minis I have ever bought were black bags. Did you buy it from a store or someone selling them? I've seen a couple of sellers at toy/collectible shows who have opened the box and resealed them if they are not chase pieces. Some are better at concealing it than others.

Thanks for the info :-) I bought it at a walmart. Don't think I'll buy any more from that location...

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:29 am

RogueSolo wrote:The first wave of The Walking Dead were in clear bags, but everything else I've seen has been in the black bags.

Ok good to know! If I bought any that came in clear bags I would have thought that they had been opened :-)
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 am

rkwo wrote:I guess the question is what did you end up pulling? It does sound like they went and searched through the box for the rares and then put a different bag back on the commons.

It was a 2/24 white walker...So maybe someone did :-/ But I need one so not that bad :-)

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:43 am

I would say that if you got it from a well-known retailer (like Walmart) it's a legit blind box. I doubt anyone there would go through the inventory, open the box and bag, then reseal it. Too much effort.
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:39 am

misterjstewart wrote:I would say that if you got it from a well-known retailer (like Walmart) it's a legit blind box. I doubt anyone there would go hrough the inventory, open the box and bag, then reseal it. Too much effort.

Yeah you're probably right :-) Thanks again.

Return to “Blind Bags”