Disney Villains Series 2?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
professorratigan

Disney Villains Series 2?

Postby professorratigan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:59 pm

What do you think the chances of Disney Villains getting a second series? They're high I hope. Series 1 is really great. I hope it sells and sells well! Well enough to warrant Wave 2! What characters would you want to see? Suggestions?

My personal dream line-up:
The Evil Queen and The Hag from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:

Honest John and Gideon from Pinocchio:

Lady Tremaine (the Evil Stepmother) and Lucifer the Cat from Cinderella:

Mad Madame Mim and Bird Wart from The Sword in the Stone:

Shere Khan and Kaa from The Jungle Book:

The Horned King and Creeper from The Black Cauldron:

Professor Ratigan and Fidget the Bat from The Great Mouse Detective:

McLeach and Joanna from The Rescuers Down Under:

Gaston and LeFou from Beauty and the Beast:

Governor Ratcliffe and Percy from Pocahontas:

Judge Claude Frollo and Snowball (his horse) from The Hunchback of Notre Dame:

Yzma and Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove:

King Candy and Sour Bill from Wreck-It Ralph:

-And even though he has no companion to possibly pair with, CHERNABOG from Fantasia would be amazing. What do you guys think?
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

RiaRoo

Re: Disney Villains Series 2?

Postby RiaRoo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm

I would buy the case just for Frollo and Snowball! :D And Ratcliffe and Percy! :D

I really think they should've included Lady Tremaine and Lucifer already, so they'd better include them this time around!

I think all of these are great choices!

I'd like to add Scar and Ed the Hyena from the Lion King..I'd love them in this style!
My name is Maria :cheers:

Looking for Harry Potter 3rd series mystery minis!!!

GRAILS: Halloween Peanuts pops, SDCC 2013 Pink flocked Hello Kitty

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:44 pm

Scar and Ed would be great! Can't believe I let them slip my mind! (Maybe it's because I all ready counted the Heroes Vs. Villains Scar Mini by accident, haha.) But, yes, Ed would HAVE to be the Companion out of the three Hyenas. He's the cutest.

Mori_LeStrange

Postby Mori_LeStrange » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 am

I'd love to get Lady Tremaine and Lucifer as well as Scar and Ed (wouldn't mind either Shenzi or Bonsai either).

It's a long shot but I'd like Sykes and either Desoto or Roscoe. Oliver and Company was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up and it seems to always be over looked. I'd love for it to get more love.

I know it's incredibly unlikely but I'd also like to somehow get Panic from Hercules. He was my favorite of Hades henchman and I was disappointed to see Pain included without him.

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:07 am

Frollo would be awesome! But more Hunchback of Notre Dame would be awesome in general. Randall Boggs would be cool too, maybe with a Fungus sidekick.

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:55 am

I think the odds of a series 2 for villains is good. It always seems like a best seller since the cases I see are common (even my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond had them!) and they're typically sold out or on the verge of selling out.

I'd also like more Disney in general, like, even more than what they have now. lol

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:33 am

Disney just has such a robust roster of absolutely great Villains with cool designs that there are almost too many to count. I just hope that Frollo makes the cut. He's, without question, my number one most wanted anything at this point. Mini, Pop, Dorbz. I don't care. I just NEED something in my Funko collection from Hunchback. I really hope that if they're going to go forward with this style of Disney Mini, that they'll branch out and do more than just the Princesses and Villains. Maybe a 'Disney Heroes and Pals' line that's able to include NON-Princess Disney girls and, finally, Disney Princes! Because characters like Dumbo, Timothy Mouse, Merlin, Robin Hood, Basil, Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Hercules, Megara and SO many others would look so cute in this style. Now that we've got the villains, we need their counterparts! But, Villains are where it's at for me, so I hope we get Wave 2 in 2017!

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:27 am

I didn't fully realize it with wave 1 (and with two store exclusive sets too!) but there are a lot of really iconic villains that haven't been done yet! This has to be so difficult when they're deciding on which villains to include.

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:43 pm

LordBlackCat wrote:I didn't fully realize it with wave 1 (and with two store exclusive sets too!) but there are a lot of really iconic villains that haven't been done yet! This has to be so difficult when they're deciding on which villains to include.

They always have to leave some popular characters off so they can have a feasible wave 2. If they used all the iconic ones right off the bat, people might not be as willing to get more in later waves.

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:38 pm

sylin wrote:
LordBlackCat wrote:I didn't fully realize it with wave 1 (and with two store exclusive sets too!) but there are a lot of really iconic villains that haven't been done yet! This has to be so difficult when they're deciding on which villains to include.

They always have to leave some popular characters off so they can have a feasible wave 2. If they used all the iconic ones right off the bat, people might not be as willing to get more in later waves.

Right, I'm surprised at just how many iconic are left.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 am

Well I think your list covered almost everyone I would want lol
Maybe.....
Scar & Ed
Syndrone & Jack-Jack
Chernabog & a ghost
or even go a little classic with the Big Bad Wolf & Peg Leg Pete
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:39 pm

I would love a Smee from Peter Pan but not sure what other "companion" you could have with him.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:13 pm

I would love a Gaston and LeFou. Also i know we already have a Hades and don't know what other variation of him they could do, but I really, REALLY want a Panic to go with Pain. I don't know why they didn't just do have them together like Flotsam and Jetsam.
Hi, I'm Merri!

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Im always down for more villains. Would love to see them in Pop form first though haha
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Yeah, some characters just don't really square up with the 'companion' angle. Chernabog, Smee, Pain, Mother Gothel from Tangled. I read on the Queen of Gates' Tumblr that, the reason Frollo wasn't in Series 1 was because "he didn't have a companion to pair with." I guess they forgot about his Horse! It's okay, maybe I can remind them with this thread! Ha, ha!

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:33 pm

I only wanted the Maleficents, her companions, Prince John, Sir Hiss, Lotso, and Stretch from series one, but there are so many other Disney Villains I would love to see as MMs. Most of the Villains I love are in the original post. I hope series one was popular enough that Funko will make a second series. As it has been said before, Disney has a vast amount of iconic villains that deserve to be minis and Pops and Dorbz...
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:06 pm

I'm always down for more Disney and there are a lot of villains I'd love to see. And while I'd prefer to see the Princes over the Villains, honestly, just anything new would be great.

Sid and his dog Scud have my vote for this line though.

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:40 pm

See, I actually think Pixar should have their own line. I know, I know, Lotso and Stretch... It's just a pet-peeve of mine that Disney and Pixar are so often lumped together. Yeah, Disney has always distributed their stuff, but, Pixar as a company was and is its own separate entity. Plus, (dodges beer bottles, tomatoes and eggs) I'm not a huge Pixar fan to begin with. You have two completely different schools of storytelling and two completely different animation STYLES (let's face it--when we think DISNEY, we think of the classic 2D animated films. At least, most of us do). One tradition goes all the way back to 1937, the other...1995. I'M older than the Pixar tradition! I'm also not a fan of the often-used Pixar trope of the "surprise!" villain.

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:59 am

professorratigan wrote:See, I actually think Pixar should have their own line. I know, I know, Lotso and Stretch... It's just a pet-peeve of mine that Disney and Pixar are so often lumped together. Yeah, Disney has always distributed their stuff, but, Pixar as a company was and is its own separate entity. Plus, (dodges beer bottles, tomatoes and eggs) I'm not a huge Pixar fan to begin with. You have two completely different schools of storytelling and two completely different animation STYLES (let's face it--when we think DISNEY, we think of the classic 2D animated films. At least, most of us do). One tradition goes all the way back to 1937, the other...1995. I'M older than the Pixar tradition! I'm also not a fan of the often-used Pixar trope of the "surprise!" villain.

Yeah, I think separating them out would make things easier for fans of both Pixar and Disney.

Unfortunately, with recent Disney animation also clambering over the surprise villain trope, it's way overdone nowadays. I don't have a problem with surprise villains personally, it's just that I'm tired of it at this point. But that's not the only formulaic aspect of these films (points to trope of making two characters that dislike each other at first be forced to work together). But Pixar lately has gone the no-villain route with Monsters University, Inside Out, the good dinosaur (this is their one movie other than Cars 2 I dislike), and Finding Dory. Moana seems like it'll go this route as well.

I like the new Disney films (mostly Zootopia and BH6), and I like a lot of Pixar films (hate a couple too), but yeah.

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 am

synergy56 wrote:I would love a Gaston and LeFou. Also i know we already have a Hades and don't know what other variation of him they could do, but I really, REALLY want a Panic to go with Pain. I don't know why they didn't just do have them together like Flotsam and Jetsam.

Maybe an angry Hades with orange flames?
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:33 am

ZartansBro wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I would love a Gaston and LeFou. Also i know we already have a Hades and don't know what other variation of him they could do, but I really, REALLY want a Panic to go with Pain. I don't know why they didn't just do have them together like Flotsam and Jetsam.

That would be perfect!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:54 am

kihou wrote:
ZartansBro wrote:

That would be perfect!

Yes, that would be perfect!! :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Tue May 25, 2021 5:20 pm

Well, we have SOME of them coming. I'm happy to see the Evil Queen, Chernabog and Lady Tremaine. And while the updated versions of Maleficent and Jafar are nice (they included the staffs this time!), I can't be the only one hoping there will be some store exclusives that haven't been announced yet can I?

We still need
Honest John
Gideon
Lucifer
Mad Madam Mim
Kaa
Shere Khan
Medusa
The Horned King
Creeper
Professor Ratigan
Fidget
McLeach
Joanna
Gaston
LeFou
Scar
Shenzi
Banzai
Ed
Ratcliffe
FROLLO
Panic
Yzma
Kronk
Mother Gothel
King Candy...

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Probably only going to hunt down angry Hades, and potentially his gitd variant.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue May 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Def need the Chernabog. :)

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Wed May 26, 2021 2:26 pm

Last, we got 8 exclusives, but the base set was 16 figures, versus 12 here. Walmart and Hot Topic got 4 exclusives apiece. I would love it if we got that amount with these, but so far there's been no word as far as I'm aware.

If it were just 8, I think I'd want:
Kaa
Shere Khan
Professor Ratigan
Gaston
Scar
Frollo
Yzma

I hope they don't go the lazy route and just give us GITD variants. THAT would be such a waste when there are SO many characters still left to choose from!

Maserati777

Postby Maserati777 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:31 pm

They never seem to get the Queen of Hearts right kn the face.

Governor Ratcliffe badly needs a mini

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Has there been ANY news on these?

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:25 am

Probably not happening at all at this point, even though it would be fun getting some more of these to open.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:45 pm

digithor wrote:Probably not happening at all at this point, even though it would be fun getting some more of these to open.

Ugh, really? Kind of tired of them jerking us minis fans around...

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:58 am

I don't even see older ones around stores that people haven't bought.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:57 am

So these are finally hitting stores. Gotta say, Funko, you dropped the ball... Wth are these ratios?? 1/6 on most of the characters you already made in the first Villains set. 1/6 ratio is trash. And for the majority of this set to be that ratio... Insulting. On top of that, the paint jobs on all the ones I've purchased so far (4... And I've pulled TWO Maleficents, Facilier and Queen of Hearts), have been terrible. Smears, runny paint applications. So disappointed.

All that being said, I still WANT to secure an Evil Queen, Chernabog and Lady Tremaine to round out my old set. Do we have a layout? Anyone?

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:10 pm

professorratigan wrote:What do you think the chances of Disney Villains getting a second series? They're high I hope. Series 1 is really great. I hope it sells and sells well! Well enough to warrant Wave 2! What characters would you want to see? Suggestions?

My personal dream line-up:
The Evil Queen and The Hag from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:

Honest John and Gideon from Pinocchio:

Lady Tremaine (the Evil Stepmother) and Lucifer the Cat from Cinderella:

Mad Madame Mim and Bird Wart from The Sword in the Stone:

Shere Khan and Kaa from The Jungle Book:

The Horned King and Creeper from The Black Cauldron:

Professor Ratigan and Fidget the Bat from The Great Mouse Detective:

McLeach and Joanna from The Rescuers Down Under:

Gaston and LeFou from Beauty and the Beast:

Governor Ratcliffe and Percy from Pocahontas:

Judge Claude Frollo and Snowball (his horse) from The Hunchback of Notre Dame:

Yzma and Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove:

King Candy and Sour Bill from Wreck-It Ralph:

-And even though he has no companion to possibly pair with, CHERNABOG from Fantasia would be amazing. What do you guys think?

Great starting list for sure when it comes to lore villains joining the line. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:03 pm

Found a case at GameStop this afternoon. Top front and middle were Maleficent x2, Captain Hook, and Cruella, respectively. Have to go back and look for Hades as he's my biggest want.
Wife agrees that a case full of 1/6s aren't nice.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Maserati777

Postby Maserati777 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:45 am

Found the Kronk/Yzma set at Hot Topic. As well as the Dr. Facilier box. They had a sale on three items and they were marked 25.00.

I got the targetcon Maleficent at Target.

I ordered the smaller figures of Lady Tremaine, Evil Queen, Ursula and Cruella De Vil online. Cruella arrived yesterday. But it was pretty banged up in shipping. The figure and outer box were fine but the plastic that holds the figure was broken up with pieces kind of just loosely sitting inside. Can’t open the box without destroying it based on the way the cardboard tabs are so its not super noticeable and thank goodness the figure wasn’t damaged.

Return to “Blind Bags”