Thor: Ragnarok Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
keyese

Re: Thor: Ragnarok Mystery Minis

Postby keyese » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 am

I wanted Hela so bad, but she's the desireable one right now so I doubt I'll be getting her any time soon. Maybe for a trade. I just want her and a Thor, a Hulk and maybe the Wolf cuz he looks cool too :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:55 am

Saw a case at HT last night, pulled two and ended up with Odin and the Wolf!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:39 am

RogueSolo wrote:Saw a case at HT last night, pulled two and ended up with Odin and the Wolf!

Nice pulls, is that what you were hoping for?
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 am

Lilbrimer23 wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:Wow, these came out of nowhere! Thank goodness there are no Walgreens/Walmart/Target exclusives - I might actually be able to slightly more easily complete this set.

I was thinking the same thing. Ht and GS are easily the most accessible stores for mini exclusives. These are fantastic by the way.

100% agree! Walgreens and Wal-Mart are the bane of my mini hunting experience over here in Chicago - I can never find full cases, let alone the actual product until 3 months after it's been released everywhere else!
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 am

gogman wrote:Oh wow those are terrible ratios again. Three 1:6 means the duplicates will be insane.

I love the line but this many 1:6 is a joke.

Unfortunately this seems to be a rising trend with the popularity of minis still rising :/

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:44 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Hate the ratios on these, too many 1/6 s for a line with 14 characters per set and two sets of store exclusives. Well, at least it is better than making all of the Darth Vaders 1/72.

Right?! Darth being a 1/72 has made collecting that entire line that much more difficult. Fortunately enough the cases seem to be pretty abundant where ever I've searched so far!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:11 am

throneofgames wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:Saw a case at HT last night, pulled two and ended up with Odin and the Wolf!

It's always nice to get a higher ratio exclusive out of the way early!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:34 am

RogueSolo wrote:
throneofgames wrote:

For sure! I pulled a Fenris too, and was happy with that...it's so heavy!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:04 pm

throneofgames wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:
throneofgames wrote:Nice pulls, is that what you were hoping for?

For sure! I pulled a Fenris too, and was happy with that...it's so heavy!

That's mainly why I picked it up. Had to know if it was a Hulk, Fenris, or Hera.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Picked up 2 boxes at Hot Topic on the way home from work and got Miek and Hulk.

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:37 am

MONSTER wrote:Picked up 2 boxes at Hot Topic on the way home from work and got Miek and Hulk.

Nice pulls! Go heavy if all else fails! haha

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 am

My fiance and son bought a gs case at think geek this morning. They're being sweet and waiting on me to get off of work to open it. Pics to follow in sure. Maybe a layout if they didn't shuffle it around already. Which is probable with a 7 year old.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:24 am

I really want to get these, but between SW and TLJ I may be tapped out on the MM front for a while.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:01 pm

throneofgames wrote:
MONSTER wrote:Picked up 2 boxes at Hot Topic on the way home from work and got Miek and Hulk.

Exactly what I did. I wanted Hulk so I figured I'd grab the 2 heaviest boxes. It worked out. lol

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:07 pm

throneofgames wrote:For sure! I pulled a Fenris too, and was happy with that...it's so heavy!

Would you say it's heavier than the Hot Topic Hulk?

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Yesterday I pulled four boxes out of a Hot Topic case and got Surtur, Loki, Heimdall and the exclusive Hulk. Today I went back and bought six more from the same case, really hoping for Fenris or Hela. I got Odin, Valkyrie, Grandmaster, astral Grandmaster and the two Thors.

By my calculation, I left behind the other Loki and exclusive Hulk. It's weird that there weren't any 1/36 characters in the case. Not sure if it's a weird thing where the 1/36 exclusives alternate with the regular-case 1/24 or 1/72 characters, or if this is another thing where the Hot Topic cases are messed up like the Trollhunters and GameStop Justice League cases. Anyway, if any of y'all plunder any Hot Topic cases, lemme know what you find.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Okay I know I just said I would probably end up skipping these, but one trip to Think Geek changed that. I bought only 4 and was really excited with the results!!!

Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:00 pm

kihou wrote:I wanted Hela so bad, but she's the desireable one right now so I doubt I'll be getting her any time soon. Maybe for a trade. I just want her and a Thor, a Hulk and maybe the Wolf cuz he looks cool too :)

Shes definitely one of the best ones. Have yet to find her. Got the wolf tho.

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:21 pm

paxderomano wrote:Okay I know I just said I would probably end up skipping these, but one trip to Think Geek changed that. I bought only 4 and was really excited with the results!!!

I'd like to report a murder. You killed that case. Both 1/24s and the 1/72 in 4 figures? That's the type of pull we live for.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:00 am

KnightsOfRey wrote:
paxderomano wrote:Okay I know I just said I would probably end up skipping these, but one trip to Think Geek changed that. I bought only 4 and was really excited with the results!!!

I'd like to report a murder. You killed that case. Both 1/24s and the 1/72 in 4 figures? That's the type of pull we live for.

I feel extremely lucky right now. Normally the pick thing isn't so good or me.

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 am

Picked up a full case at GS, and another case spread out over 3 HT. Ended up with all the GS exclusives, but only 2/3 HT ones (missing the wolf).

Scored a few 1/36, a bunch of 1/24, but neither 1/72 :(
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:38 am

Hella lucky pull. Love the Astral one.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:59 am

I ended up buying the two I wanted from this line, Gladiator Hulk and Thor, off a local collector for $5 each.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:14 am

Mystlurker wrote:Picked up a full case at GS, and another case spread out over 3 HT. Ended up with all the GS exclusives, but only 2/3 HT ones (missing the wolf).

I have some questions for you!

1. Is Hela noticeably heavier or bulkier than most of the other characters?

2. Which doubles did you end up with?

I read somewhere else that the wolf is pretty heavy, so if you find a Hot Topic case with three noticeably heavy boxes, it's likely the two Hulks and the wolf.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:59 am

nightschwing wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:Picked up a full case at GS, and another case spread out over 3 HT. Ended up with all the GS exclusives, but only 2/3 HT ones (missing the wolf).

I have some questions for you!

1. Is Hela noticeably heavier or bulkier than most of the other characters?

2. Which doubles did you end up with?

I read somewhere else that the wolf is pretty heavy, so if you find a Hot Topic case with three noticeably heavy boxes, it's likely the two Hulks and the wolf.

In the HT box I got Fenris out of, there were two very heavy boxes side-by-side, and an even heavier box behind them. That was Fenris.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:30 am

MONSTER wrote:
throneofgames wrote:

Exactly what I did. I wanted Hulk so I figured I'd grab the 2 heaviest boxes. It worked out. lol

So much easier to somewhat find what you're looking for when the weight differential is greater. The star wars minis have been tough because of that!

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:32 am

nightschwing wrote:
throneofgames wrote:For sure! I pulled a Fenris too, and was happy with that...it's so heavy!

Would you say it's heavier than the Hot Topic Hulk?

Good question. From my experience if there were two heavy ones side by side, I took those as being the HT hulk, so then if I found a heavier one in another location I figured it had to be Fenris or Meik. I think Fenris is slightly heavier though.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:47 pm

RogueSolo wrote:In the HT box I got Fenris out of, there were two very heavy boxes side-by-side, and an even heavier box behind them. That was Fenris.

Thanks for the tip! Now to find a full Hot Topic case...

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:22 pm

I caved and decided to try a couple boxes at a HT. I ended up with two Lokis. My luck with 1/6s has been awful and this sealed it for me that I'm skipping any line that has 1/6 ones.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:42 am

Libertyroxx wrote:Okay I know I just said I would probably end up skipping these, but one trip to Think Geek changed that. I bought only 4 and was really excited with the results!!!

OMG lucky!!! Those look great!
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:43 am

This line is so detailed it has sucked me in big time. These figures look so good. I keep buying more and its now a problem. UGH I thought I only had a Pop problem.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:36 pm

divade23 wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:Okay I know I just said I would probably end up skipping these, but one trip to Think Geek changed that. I bought only 4 and was really excited with the results!!!

Spoiler: show

I've been really lucky with these thus far. I have most of the regular set, the GS Thor and Loki, and the HT Hulk. I really need to find Fenris, Hela, and Korg still though.

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:
divade23 wrote:

Spoiler: show

I've been really lucky with these thus far. I have most of the regular set, the GS Thor and Loki, and the HT Hulk. I really need to find Fenris, Hela, and Korg still though.

Yes these one have me throwing money out the window. I do not have those yet either.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm

divade23 wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:
divade23 wrote:OMG lucky!!! Those look great!

Yes these one have me throwing money out the window. I do not have those yet either.

Last time I went to HT I ended up with 3 of the Hulk 1/6 because I kept thinking one was heavier than the other 2 and might have been Fenris.

Nope.

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:

Last time I went to HT I ended up with 3 of the Hulk 1/6 because I kept thinking one was heavier than the other 2 and might have been Fenris.

Nope.

so far I just have a double thor but its the walking dead in memoriam that is seriously cramping my style right now. I have four Shanes for cryin out loud! lol

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:12 pm

divade23 wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:
divade23 wrote:Yes these one have me throwing money out the window. I do not have those yet either.

Nope.

so far I just have a double thor but its the walking dead in memoriam that is seriously cramping my style right now. I have four Shanes for cryin out loud! lol

I impulsively bought a few one time when I was out drinking with friends, but in general staying away from that series even though I think they look great.

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:

Nope.

I impulsively bought a few one time when I was out drinking with friends, but in general staying away from that series even though I think they look great.

They do look great. I am a huge black and white fan. Any pop in those colors to me is amazing. when these minis came out I was hooked. very minimal color just so unique to me.

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm

I still need Fenris from this set. Planning to hit a couple HT this weekend to see if they happened to have stocked another box.

I think we all need to just come out and acknowledge that Thor Ragnarok is the greatest Mystery Mini set that Funko has ever made, by a huge margin.

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 am

KnightsOfRey wrote:I still need Fenris from this set. Planning to hit a couple HT this weekend to see if they happened to have stocked another box.

I think we all need to just come out and acknowledge that Thor Ragnarok is the greatest Mystery Mini set that Funko has ever made, by a huge margin.

I do completely agree with that statement. The detail is frickin amazing on these. Beyond any other set I have seen. =D>

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 pm

divade23 wrote:
KnightsOfRey wrote:I still need Fenris from this set. Planning to hit a couple HT this weekend to see if they happened to have stocked another box.

I do completely agree with that statement. The detail is frickin amazing on these. Beyond any other set I have seen. =D>

I can't remember where I saw the picture, but someone posted a comparison pic between the original Thor from the Marvel series, and this Thor. While there are some differences because of the art style, I feel like the details are so amazing on the new set. The molding and sculpting technology must be improving over the years!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Return to “Blind Bags”