DC: Justice League minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
keyese

Re: DC: Justice League minis

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:13 pm

PopDaddy wrote:Tough wave to get the chase/exclusives geez.

Yeah, this set is all around hard. The Gamestop box has secret Batmans, sometimes taking over the exclusive spot, there's no set layout, there are 3 1/6 characters, and the weights are all really similar (as in the 1/72 Arthur weighs the same as the 1/6 Aquaman, the Atlantean Guard in GS box weighs the same as the 1/6 Batman, etc).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Plissken

Postby Plissken » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Today I received my regular display. The shop I buy my displays is sending them in the mailer box, so I can see which case letter it is. For me it was case F.
I bought a single mini a week ago and got Superman. So I hoped, that my display contains other rare figures. What should I say, there was a little surprise in it.
The rare figures in case F were Cyborg and Vulko. Vulkos staff was broken but it will be easily fixed. The little surprise was, that instead of a second Mera I got a third Batman! Okay, Batman is cool, but I'm also happy that he didn't took the place of a 1/12 figure.

Overall I'm glad that I got a complete League without much trouble. But 1/6 figures are really annoying and I hope this strategy will change for the better in future sets.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:48 am

Plissken wrote:Today I received my regular display. The shop I buy my displays is sending them in the mailer box, so I can see which case letter it is. For me it was case F.
I bought a single mini a week ago and got Superman. So I hoped, that my display contains other rare figures. What should I say, there was a little surprise in it.
The rare figures in case F were Cyborg and Vulko. Vulkos staff was broken but it will be easily fixed. The little surprise was, that instead of a second Mera I got a third Batman! Okay, Batman is cool, but I'm also happy that he didn't took the place of a 1/12 figure.

Overall I'm glad that I got a complete League without much trouble. But 1/6 figures are really annoying and I hope this strategy will change for the better in future sets.

I agree with the 1/6 sentiment but unfortuantely it looks like Funko has been going the other way more recently. Heck, Stranger Things set has four 1/6's. ](*,)

Plissken

Postby Plissken » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:45 am

MattyPHATty wrote:I agree with the 1/6 sentiment but unfortuantely it looks like Funko has been going the other way more recently. Heck, Stranger Things set has four 1/6's. ](*,)

I have this small hope, that Funko is only testing the market and will return to a more satisfying ratio for minis in the next year... but I don't think so. :(

The Stranger Things ratios are heavy. It would be reasonable, if all the kids were 1/6, so in theory two customers could get the main group (at the cost of one rare figure). But in the end, 1/6 are still a pain. :D

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Plissken wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:I agree with the 1/6 sentiment but unfortuantely it looks like Funko has been going the other way more recently. Heck, Stranger Things set has four 1/6's. ](*,)

I have this small hope, that Funko is only testing the market and will return to a more satisfying ratio for minis in the next year... but I don't think so. :(

The Stranger Things ratios are heavy. It would be reasonable, if all the kids were 1/6, so in theory two customers could get the main group (at the cost of one rare figure). But in the end, 1/6 are still a pain. :D

Totally agree. The other problem for me with that many 1/6’s is that I refuse to buy a case of these with 4 1/6’s when basically you will be paying for 4 doubles.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:40 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:Totally agree. The other problem for me with that many 1/6’s is that I refuse to buy a case of these with 4 1/6’s when basically you will be paying for 4 doubles.

Yup, look what happened to one guy on eBay:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Gothamite wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Totally agree. The other problem for me with that many 1/6’s is that I refuse to buy a case of these with 4 1/6’s when basically you will be paying for 4 doubles.

Yup, look what happened to one guy on eBay:

Ouch. Yeah that’s a really tough pill to swallow

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Last edited by Gothamite on Sun May 27, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Gothamite wrote:images

Mera, queen of the fish! :)
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Scoobyfc

Postby Scoobyfc » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:39 am

Apologies for the very similar nature of this quick post to the one I just did in the SW thread but I reckon I've opened 20 plus cases and not once seen an Armored Batman. Absolute shambles in my opinion :)

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:30 am

Scoobyfc wrote:Apologies for the very similar nature of this quick post to the one I just did in the SW thread but I reckon I've opened 20 plus cases and not once seen an Armored Batman. Absolute shambles in my opinion :)

Armored Batman isn't in Gamestop cases, but I did find him in a Hot Topic case. I think he's in common as well.

It looks like the Gamestop case was misprinted to have the 1/36 Batman instead of the 1/6 one it actually has. I assume someone said "Oh yeah, the Batman" and they were like "oh okay".
ISO Mystery Minis!

Popsweats

Postby Popsweats » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:46 am

kihou wrote:
Scoobyfc wrote:Apologies for the very similar nature of this quick post to the one I just did in the SW thread but I reckon I've opened 20 plus cases and not once seen an Armored Batman. Absolute shambles in my opinion :)

Armored Batman isn't in Gamestop cases, but I did find him in a Hot Topic case. I think he's in common as well.

It looks like the Gamestop case was misprinted to have the 1/36 Batman instead of the 1/6 one it actually has. I assume someone said "Oh yeah, the Batman" and they were like "oh okay".

flash was hard for me to find in all of the exclusives i got 3 cyborgs and 2 wonder woman and then all 3 flash in a row different stores of course.
Image Image

Hi my name is Kevin. :)
Im a flash funatic
the flash POP or DORBZ PROTO

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:27 pm

I opened one, and I got a Mera.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

Scoobyfc

Postby Scoobyfc » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 am

kihou wrote:

Oh man, wish I had known that before I shelled out a small fortune trying to find him haha

Scoobyfc

Postby Scoobyfc » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:53 am

Popsweats wrote:
kihou wrote:

flash was hard for me to find in all of the exclusives i got 3 cyborgs and 2 wonder woman and then all 3 flash in a row different stores of course.

I found The Flash to be the easiest to identify as it is so much lighter than all the rest :)

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Scoobyfc wrote:
kihou wrote:

Oh man, wish I had known that before I shelled out a small fortune trying to find him haha

Sorry :( There are some posts earlier in the thread but this one is so long so it probably got buried. Hope it helps for now! Check Barnes and Nobles, Hot Topics, BAM, and Toys R Us for cases there.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Scoobyfc

Postby Scoobyfc » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:08 pm

kihou wrote:
Scoobyfc wrote:
kihou wrote:Armored Batman isn't in Gamestop cases, but I did find him in a Hot Topic case. I think he's in common as well.

Sorry :( There are some posts earlier in the thread but this one is so long so it probably got buried. Hope it helps for now! Check Barnes and Nobles, Hot Topics, BAM, and Toys R Us for cases there.

All good mate. Unfortunately I live in New Zealand and the case we got the most of was the GS case :)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Scoobyfc wrote:
kihou wrote:
Scoobyfc wrote:

All good mate. Unfortunately I live in New Zealand and the case we got the most of was the GS case :)

Ah yeah, that sounds like it complicates matters a bit. It also doesn't help that if you have a scale/do weights, his weight is super similar to other figures from what I remember.

Best of luck! Maybe you can find someone to trade with for a Gamestop exclusive.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Well, they made a Mini of Willem Dafoe...and he's not even in the movie.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Gothamite wrote:Well, they made a Mini of Willem Dafoe...and he's not even in the movie.

Oh crap you're right. That completely slipped my mind.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 am

The ratio on the mystery minis are so awful, I have to believe someone at funko has heard the concerns. There really needs to be a more respectful way for funko fans to get the characters they want without having to buy multiple cases.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Gothamite wrote:Well, they made a Mini of Willem Dafoe...and he's not even in the movie.

Apparently he got cut out when they did reshoots, and are going to feature him more in the standalone Aquaman movie.
ISO Mystery Minis!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:02 am

I love Mera and her scene was cool but why on earth would her ratio be higher per case than any of the actual
Members of the league???

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:16 am

Prolly so that people who want to buy only one or two minis and get a female character won't be disappointed. Plus, I'd rather have 1/6 Mera instead of 1/6 Batman. That guy even had his own Mystery Minis series!!!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:20 am

Yeah, I'm disappointed that the original BvS set didn't have a Lois (like it had Aquaman ffs and he wasn't in it more than a glimpse!) so I can see why they wanted to balance out with some more female characters. Also, I think there were some cuts/reshoots that pulled Aquaman content out (like the Atlantean guard guy is a rare and he was only in it for 2 seconds). They figured they'll show more of that in Aquaman's stand alone film.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:18 pm

I agree, Lois Lane made more sense than Aquaman. He even got a variant!!!

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Sun May 27, 2018 1:38 am

These are $1.50 each this weekend at GameStop. I picked up a couple just for fun to see what I'd get. Out of 9, I got 3 Aquamans, 3 Meras, and 2 Crouching Batmans. lol (The last one was Civilian Barry Allen.)

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 am

None of my GameStop’s have any left

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Found 4 boxes today for $1.50 so I bought them. Got 3 batmans and a Mera lol

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:14 am

I just purchased four of these at Gamestop for a little over $1 each. Decided to do a little video...

Funko Mystery Mini Justice League Blind Box Opening
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Mon May 17, 2021 9:06 pm

Anyone circle back to this wave after watching the Snyder Cut?

Willem Dafoe is actually in the movie now. :D

Mera's role wax expanded, too.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu May 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Gothamite wrote:Anyone circle back to this wave after watching the Snyder Cut?

Willem Dafoe is actually in the movie now. :D

Mera's role wax expanded, too.

I was laughing about Willem Dafoe's character's mini when we watched it too! "Oh that's the guy we have the mini for!" :p
ISO Mystery Minis!

Return to “Blind Bags”