Full Mini Collection, what you got?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Full Mini Collection, what you got?

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
mmmrice wrote:That feeling when I found the 1/72 Target Groot was amazing.

OMG, right??? That was my first experience with how hard Target exclusives can be. Groot was my last find for that set, and the happy car dancing was truly epic after that lucky find!

And even as much work as that was, it still gave me false hope for future sets. Looking at you, Endgame!!!

I remember when I got Captain America, that was my ultimate grail from the set lol.

lol , me too, actually! Raced out to a friend's mall since they had 2 cases in stock. Bought like 18 of the 24 there, and rushed to her house to open them. I'm sitting in her office while she's on a conference call, and I opened Cap. Sitting there stomping my feet and fist pumping, but no squealing since she's on the phone....she finally had to mute the call so I could let the happy out! Meanwhile she's like "WTH are you reacting like this for...?" HT Cap, Bucky, and WM Iron Man were my must-haves for that set.
Image ImageImage Image

ppfrnndz

Postby ppfrnndz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:50 am

FunkoLoco wrote:
Charger14 wrote:
ppfrnndz wrote:
Thank you! :D

That is one awesome collection.

10 points for gryffindoor!!! lol

LMAO!!! lol lol lol
I ❤️ Movies / Wedding Photographer / I Shoot Weddings / Beer Person / Congee Lover / Toy Collector / PS4 Enthusiast / Potterhead / NBA Fan

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:04 pm

Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
OMG, right??? That was my first experience with how hard Target exclusives can be. Groot was my last find for that set, and the happy car dancing was truly epic after that lucky find!

And even as much work as that was, it still gave me false hope for future sets. Looking at you, Endgame!!!

I remember when I got Captain America, that was my ultimate grail from the set lol.

lol , me too, actually! Raced out to a friend's mall since they had 2 cases in stock. Bought like 18 of the 24 there, and rushed to her house to open them. I'm sitting in her office while she's on a conference call, and I opened Cap. Sitting there stomping my feet and fist pumping, but no squealing since she's on the phone....she finally had to mute the call so I could let the happy out! Meanwhile she's like "WTH are you reacting like this for...?" HT Cap, Bucky, and WM Iron Man were my must-haves for that set.

Hope you found a home for all those dupes lol but when you finally get the one you want, it's worth it.

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
Definitely not the case in my comic book store. We had an interesting discussion about ratios, weights, case layouts and case letters. Owner had NO idea it gets that involved. So if it comes to that, I think I'd almost end up a contractor for him for this stuff. lol

Haha, one of the workers at our shop is pretty good about knowing case layouts.

Nice to have another expert to run things by! When my guy and I were discussing, he almost seemed to like the idea of opening them all and selling them like that so people would know what they were getting. Which I personally like the idea of, as well! But nothing yet.

In ours there is a basket that you can exchange them out. If you get one you don't want. Granted they are all commons but at least it doesn't leave you with 30 duplicate minis that wont ever sell.
NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:

Those moments are always the best. My favorite was when I pulled the HT Bossk. Funny thing I didn't find it in store. I ordered it.

Image Image

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:08 pm

Just finished the Ad Icons set today :)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:58 am

mmmrice wrote:
Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Hope you found a home for all those dupes lol but when you finally get the one you want, it's worth it.

There's still a few floating around my living room, someday they'll all be gone. Do not even get me started on the subject of Ebony Maw.... I really really never want to see another one of him! I make rude gestures at him when he's on the screen at the theater! But it's still all worth it when I look at my complete set! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:02 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

Nice to have another expert to run things by! When my guy and I were discussing, he almost seemed to like the idea of opening them all and selling them like that so people would know what they were getting. Which I personally like the idea of, as well! But nothing yet.

In ours there is a basket that you can exchange them out. If you get one you don't want. Granted they are all commons but at least it doesn't leave you with 30 duplicate minis that wont ever sell.

I love places that do that - just a cool way to mitigate the pain! I've only encountered a few, but I always make sure to let the owners/vendors know how much I appreciate that they do this!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:04 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Those moments are always the best. My favorite was when I pulled the HT Bossk. Funny thing I didn't find it in store. I ordered it.

I feel like when that happens, the entire universe is telling you that you were meant to have that mini, and complete that set! I got lucky that way with a flocked Fawkes way back in HP S1, just when I'd given up hope completely!
Image ImageImage Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 am

Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:

I feel like when that happens, the entire universe is telling you that you were meant to have that mini, and complete that set! I got lucky that way with a flocked Fawkes way back in HP S1, just when I'd given up hope completely!

That's gonna be my new mantra, pull an unexpected 1/72, have to complete the set :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:29 pm

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

Those are nice, I've seen them before in other stores.

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:

I was almost conceding to not getting bossk as it was one of the last ones I opened.

Image Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:30 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

That's gonna be my new mantra, pull an unexpected 1/72, have to complete the set :D

As long as you got the HT exclusive then game on... ;-)

Image Image

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:56 am

My latest full set! The Target exclusives were definitely the hardest to find!
It’s me Lynda

dee001

Postby dee001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:32 am

Popfanatics wrote:My latest full set! The Target exclusives were definitely the hardest to find!

Wow congrats on managing to find anything from Target =D>
*~*Diana*~* :pooh:

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:57 pm

dee001 wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:My latest full set! The Target exclusives were definitely the hardest to find!

Wow congrats on managing to find anything from Target =D>

Thanks...I stalked 3 different Targets for weeks haha!
It’s me Lynda

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:06 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

I mean, who are we to argue with the universe?? \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:08 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

I was almost conceding to not getting bossk as it was one of the last ones I opened.

You had to REALLY want it before you got it, I guess? But the important part is that you DID get it!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:08 am

\:D/ Congrats, they look great together! Must be a relief to be done!
Image ImageImage Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:

That or the bank because there may not be enough money... ;-)

Image Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:

You had to REALLY want it before you got it, I guess? But the important part is that you DID get it!

Isn't that the point of getting minis, because you REALLY want it?

Image Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:04 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

But.. But.. The universe wants me to complete the set *desparately shows 1/72 piece*, some digits or lack of it in. My bank account shouldn't stop me!

ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:55 pm

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

I think we'll have more luck arguing with the universe! lol ;-)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:00 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:I was almost conceding to not getting bossk as it was one of the last ones I opened.

It better be, or all those extras I have pulled are even more frustrating than they already were!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:05 am

KidMarvel wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:

But.. But.. The universe wants me to complete the set *desparately shows 1/72 piece*, some digits or lack of it in. My bank account shouldn't stop me!

I'm now picturing you trying to take out a loan against your 1/72 mini at the bank, then using the loan to go buy more minis!
Image ImageImage Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:06 am

Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:That or the bank because there may not be enough money... ;-)

I'm now picturing you trying to take out a loan against your 1/72 mini at the bank, then using the loan to go buy more minis!

I hope banks accept rare figures as collateral one day :D

ImageImageImageImage

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:

It better be, or all those extras I have pulled are even more frustrating than they already were!

Haha no joke there. Also, you cant even get rid of them for a dollar...

Image Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 pm

Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:That or the bank because there may not be enough money... ;-)

You have a higher chance of obtaining money from a book than you are a bank. At least the bookie can consider it gambling! ;-)

Image Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:22 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Show them your ppg and then the insurance appraisal for the "collectables". They will chalk the value up as assets. ;-)

Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

lol my BFF tells my goddaughter that my collection is my retirement plan! I always tell her I collect because they make me happy, not as an investment, but I'm not sure she believes me! Not gonna lie, I get a kick out of 'this mini is worth like $25!', or whatever...but that's NEVER why I collect!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:43 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:Isn't that the point of getting minis, because you REALLY want it?

Haha no joke there. Also, you cant even get rid of them for a dollar...

I managed to get rid of all my Blue Creepers (Ebony Maw from Infinity War) for $2 each. I consider it a spectacular win, mostly because I got him all out of my house! Except the 1 that I needed to complete the set. I was practically giddy at the post office!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

You have a higher chance of obtaining money from a book than you are a bank. At least the bookie can consider it gambling! ;-)

Funny you mention it, had an interesting conversation this weekend about the comparisons between gambling and mini hunting! Minis are definitely a gamble, but boy are they fun!
Image ImageImage Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 am

Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Katers wrote:

Funny you mention it, had an interesting conversation this weekend about the comparisons between gambling and mini hunting! Minis are definitely a gamble, but boy are they fun!

I guess the uncertainty and chance do add to the allure of collecting minis! At least they tell you the odds upfront!

ImageImageImageImage

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

I guess the uncertainty and chance do add to the allure of collecting minis! At least they tell you the odds upfront!

True, unless you play poker and you know the odds. ;-)

Image Image

ericj

Postby ericj » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:51 pm

Being a proto collector makes mystery minis a bit more challenging, but I think I have 3 complete sets in the books, and actively working on a few more...

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Getting minis slowly into cases! Have more cases to purchase to fill up!

ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:48 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

Absolutely! The thrill when you pull that final mini, or the exclusive 1/72 if amazing....I can see the comparison between that and hitting a jackpot! But I do think the odds are probably better with minis. And at least with these, you're still going home with something!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 am

ericj wrote:Being a proto collector makes mystery minis a bit more challenging, but I think I have 3 complete sets in the books, and actively working on a few more...

Pics, or it hasn't happened! (Mostly, I just wanna see! lol )
Image ImageImage Image

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:22 am

Katers wrote:
ericj wrote:Being a proto collector makes mystery minis a bit more challenging, but I think I have 3 complete sets in the books, and actively working on a few more...

Serious.. pics please!
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

ericj

Postby ericj » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:56 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Serious.. pics please!

I am terrible at showing off the proto collection...and if only they made posting pictures here a little bit easier! :(

Harry Potter Series 1 is definitely my favorite, I'll figure out how to post pictures soon.

Return to “Blind Bags”