Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Ratattack

Re: Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Postby Ratattack » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:45 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Well, was it 18 or 36? 18 only gets the buyer a half case, and depending on which case you got, you either get one hyper rare, or the other hyper rare and the dragon together. For the boo hollow sets, I've been placing an order for the full 36 to make sure I don't have the frustration of missing out on someone I really want!

Oh! In had no idea a full case was 36. I ordered 18 that time.

Ah..! Yeah, 36 is kinda pricey, but sometimes it's worth it just to be done! The ratios can be very unkind with these sets, so I just hope that the 1/9 pakas are something I want multiples of! Or that I can give away to friends or trade for other pakas!

Good call! I’ll definitely look forward to ordering 36 from GS during their sales. Hope to maximize on the rare ones at least.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:47 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Good luck! Between their sales and the $5 monthly reward, I've been buying quite a few paka paka from them lately! They're fun, and they make me smile!

I completely forgot about their $5 rewards. I finally used one the other day. Pulls kinda sucked but it was still fun.

Pulls are always fun, even when they're dupes or something unexpected! I never thought I'd even try for anything from the Kawaii village line, but I love the bears I pulled. Might have to try again with this months reward, but at a different store, since I think I already got all the good stuff!

Nice! I didn’t think of going to a different store. And it’s already June! Ready for another reward \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:49 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
I completely forgot about their $5 rewards. I finally used one the other day. Pulls kinda sucked but it was still fun.

Pulls are always fun, even when they're dupes or something unexpected! I never thought I'd even try for anything from the Kawaii village line, but I love the bears I pulled. Might have to try again with this months reward, but at a different store, since I think I already got all the good stuff!

And that's why I bought a legit case and bought the missing ones in the set, done.

@rat Doubt Funko would change their drop ships to accommodate one retailer. When they restock at Funkowood it's from a box. So GameStop probably repacked the boxes to save on space and doesn't mean you got a legitimate case in a bag. I stand by the partials statement I made, but you got lucky that you got a chase in your mix this time.

Ooh! Didn’t think of that either. I think I’ll have to make sure to order 2 cases directly from a retailer. Any suggestions?

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:51 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Well, was it 18 or 36? 18 only gets the buyer a half case, and depending on which case you got, you either get one hyper rare, or the other hyper rare and the dragon together. For the boo hollow sets, I've been placing an order for the full 36 to make sure I don't have the frustration of missing out on someone I really want!

36 is a master case, 18 is the standard case.

Finally catching up with all of this. If I’d known sonnet, I would have saved some money maybe. lol

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:20 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

And that's why I bought a legit case and bought the missing ones in the set, done.

@rat Doubt Funko would change their drop ships to accommodate one retailer. When they restock at Funkowood it's from a box. So GameStop probably repacked the boxes to save on space and doesn't mean you got a legitimate case in a bag. I stand by the partials statement I made, but you got lucky that you got a chase in your mix this time.

Ooh! Didn’t think of that either. I think I’ll have to make sure to order 2 cases directly from a retailer. Any suggestions?

EE does masters, I think but some other etailers sell them. Friend got me my standard case and I was only missing one hyper rare.
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:21 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

36 is a master case, 18 is the standard case.

Finally catching up with all of this. If I’d known sonnet, I would have saved some money maybe. lol

:X I mean... Yes? LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:34 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I don't even want to think about the potential frustration of opening 18 pakas and not getting at least one chase. ](*,) Therein lies nightmares! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Nice! I didn’t think of going to a different store. And it’s already June! Ready for another reward \:D/

I already have my next store picked out! Maybe next weekend, we'll see - it's not super close to me, but I'm always up for an adventure! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:44 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

I went directly through my local comic book store guy, who can order Funko products. As far as big retailers, I defer to the wisdom of others in here!
Image ImageImage Image

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:18 am

The new boo hollow came out awesome!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:40 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

I don't even want to think about the potential frustration of opening 18 pakas and not getting at least one chase. ](*,) Therein lies nightmares! lol

Russian roulette in the bins LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:06 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I think that describes like 80% of our collecting lives! lol
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

MOAR RAGE BUYING LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:13 am

Had some fun with some Kawaii Village dupes

Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:51 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

MOAR RAGE BUYING LOL

I'm more like 20% rage buying, 40% holding onto hope and 40% way too much thought and planning!

Like...if someone is going on a road trip, they need to plan where they're going to shop on that trip! You never know what you'll find on a road trip, so I'm hoping for some new paka paka hunting grounds!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 am

Imagery wrote:Had some fun with some Kawaii Village dupes

That's brilliant, great photo!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

MOAR RAGE BUYING LOL

I'm more like 20% rage buying, 40% holding onto hope and 40% way too much thought and planning!

Like...if someone is going on a road trip, they need to plan where they're going to shop on that trip! You never know what you'll find on a road trip, so I'm hoping for some new paka paka hunting grounds!

So Paka Paka vacation rage? LOL seems a lot of retailers didn't carry other than GameStop and HQ/Wood.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:00 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
MOAR RAGE BUYING LOL

So Paka Paka vacation rage? LOL seems a lot of retailers didn't carry other than GameStop and HQ/Wood.

All the rage buying, all the time! Gotta stop along the way for snacks no matter what, right? Might as well do some shopping during those stops! lol
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:25 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

All the rage buying, all the time! Gotta stop along the way for snacks no matter what, right? Might as well do some shopping during those stops! lol

Rage snacking after all the rage buying, so need to refuel! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

lol Rage snacking leads to a very different problem than rage buying...!
Image ImageImage Image

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:53 pm

I keep hoping for a new Paka Paka line. Love giving attention is original IP and all new artists designs.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:26 pm

We haven’t seen any Fruit Bats in store so I ordered some to get the Skater Freddy Pop, they’re pretty awesome. I was hoping for the white strawberry but no luck.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Rage pooping? :X
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:06 am

mactds wrote:I keep hoping for a new Paka Paka line. Love giving attention is original IP and all new artists designs.

I'm really surprised we haven't had any announcements since Funkoween. Seems like this lull would be a great time to tell us our next paka paka obsession! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:08 am

Valde wrote:We haven’t seen any Fruit Bats in store so I ordered some to get the Skater Freddy Pop, they’re pretty awesome. I was hoping for the white strawberry but no luck.

I swear that white strawberry bat is more elusive than 1/36! Sorry you struck out, but at least you got a Skater Freddy to make up for it!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:11 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Dude, what kinda snacks are you buying? lol

I was thinking more how too much rage snacking leads to buying a new wardrobe...!
Image ImageImage Image

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Cute pic!!
It’s me Lynda

sasari

Postby sasari » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:16 am

So difficult getting hold of these in the UK. Funko Europe stocking some is good but I desparately wanted Fruit Bats and they completely missed them, instead Daisy Duke Dogs...

Stareiskies

Postby Stareiskies » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:03 pm

Katers wrote:
Valde wrote:We haven’t seen any Fruit Bats in store so I ordered some to get the Skater Freddy Pop, they’re pretty awesome. I was hoping for the white strawberry but no luck.

I swear that white strawberry bat is more elusive than 1/36! Sorry you struck out, but at least you got a Skater Freddy to make up for it!

I ordered a full case of Fruit Bats and no White Strawberry. I feel this pain lol I had the same thing happen with my full case of Boo Hollow. All but the GITD. I don't have it ine to get a whole new case. I don't need that many dupes. The only upside is my 6 year old thought it was Christmas with all the extra bats. lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:30 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

At that point, I might have to give them away to trick or treaters lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

I already have my next store picked out! Maybe next weekend, we'll see - it's not super close to me, but I'm always up for an adventure! :cheers:

The month got away from me and never used that reward ](*,)

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:33 pm

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I went directly through my local comic book store guy, who can order Funko products. As far as big retailers, I defer to the wisdom of others in here!

I’ll have to checkout a couple of my near by hobby shops. I’d rather support the smaller businesses.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:35 pm

Dang it! Completely missed this celebration. And I had an outtake that would have been perfect. Maybe next time lol

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:55 pm

Katers wrote:

I agree, that strawberry bat certainly seems more elusive than 1/36.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:23 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

At that point, I might have to give them away to trick or treaters lol

Dang baller giveaways! So in October, imma need your address...
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:24 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Dude, what kinda snacks are you buying? lol

I was thinking more how too much rage snacking leads to buying a new wardrobe...!

*Shrugs* HAHAHAHA
ImageImageImageImage

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:17 pm

I love these, got a few in my Xmas stocking. Hoping to get some more.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:23 pm

Katers wrote:
mactds wrote:I keep hoping for a new Paka Paka line. Love giving attention is original IP and all new artists designs.

I'm really surprised we haven't had any announcements since Funkoween. Seems like this lull would be a great time to tell us our next paka paka obsession! \:D/

Maybe some time for FunKon!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:25 am

sasari wrote:So difficult getting hold of these in the UK. Funko Europe stocking some is good but I desparately wanted Fruit Bats and they completely missed them, instead Daisy Duke Dogs...

What a let down that must've been, I'm sorry! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:29 am

Stareiskies wrote:
Katers wrote:

I ordered a full case of Fruit Bats and no White Strawberry. I feel this pain lol I had the same thing happen with my full case of Boo Hollow. All but the GITD. I don't have it ine to get a whole new case. I don't need that many dupes. The only upside is my 6 year old thought it was Christmas with all the extra bats. lol

Very ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) to be 1 away from complete! The happy kiddo must've been a nice bonus though. I enjoyed sharing my extra Boo Hollow dupes with the kids in my life, and they all got a kick out of the designs for them. Definitely didn't hurt that they were Halloween themed.
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”