Paka Paka - Boo Hollow

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
CollectorBadger

Re: Paka Paka - Boo Hollow

Postby CollectorBadger » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:41 am

I ordered two Series 2 Boo Hollow from HT to round out some Hot Cash and ended up getting both Hyper Rares! I was shocked lol

Nick IG: collector.badger

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:52 am

Katers wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:Ordered 5 from gamestop and got the little haunted house Bat Lane! That was my biggest want. Nothing else rare or special in my pull but that's okay. I didn't get any doubles so that's basically a win for me.

No doubles is always a HUGE win! Congrats on the pulls, especially getting your biggest want right off the bat (pun intended!). Are you going to keep going, or was that enough for you?

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I hate gambling but I love blind boxes lol

I'm gonna stop unless I find a few impulse purchases at stores. If one day I find a good lot sale I'll probably go for it. Looking forward to series 3 already!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:37 am

CollectorBadger wrote:I ordered two Series 2 Boo Hollow from HT to round out some Hot Cash and ended up getting both Hyper Rares! I was shocked lol

Hot Topic for the win! Congrats! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:44 am

Jade-Rex wrote:
Katers wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:Ordered 5 from gamestop and got the little haunted house Bat Lane! That was my biggest want. Nothing else rare or special in my pull but that's okay. I didn't get any doubles so that's basically a win for me.

No doubles is always a HUGE win! Congrats on the pulls, especially getting your biggest want right off the bat (pun intended!). Are you going to keep going, or was that enough for you?

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I hate gambling but I love blind boxes lol

I'm gonna stop unless I find a few impulse purchases at stores. If one day I find a good lot sale I'll probably go for it. Looking forward to series 3 already!

Same, I love the thrill of success when I get lucky with a blind box win!

Hopefully I have a big win coming my way this weekend! I think I'll call tomorrow to check on it, see how exciting my weekend is going to be!
Image ImageImage Image

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:09 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:I ordered two Series 2 Boo Hollow from HT to round out some Hot Cash and ended up getting both Hyper Rares! I was shocked lol

Wow! Congratulations! That is awesome. \:D/

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:13 pm

Would a future giveaway be of any interest to Boo Hollow fans?

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:35 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:Would a future giveaway be of any interest to Boo Hollow fans?

YES Boo Hollow is my favorite of the Paka Paka line. Soda Kats is a 2nd.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:39 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:Would a future giveaway be of any interest to Boo Hollow fans?

A date with Reis

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:02 pm

Yes! Love me some Boo Hollow!

Nick IG: collector.badger

post31

Postby post31 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:22 pm

Absolutely and is there boo hollow protos?
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:36 am

emoagogo wrote:

A date with Reis

Say no more
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:37 am

Would the prize be a Boo Hollow-themed ball pit made of the capsules
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Aspring Funko artist!

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:47 pm

100% yes! Boo Hollow is the best.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:40 pm

That would be amazing! I recently put up a shelf in the living room for holiday decor and now have lots of space for more Halloween Funko!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:02 pm

More Boo's are never a bad thing!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:46 am

Love Boo hollow. I need to get series 2 now that I completed series 1.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:11 pm

Halloween is right around the corner! Let's start getting into the spirit with a BOO HOLLOW GIVEAWAY! You wanted it? I'm bringing it!

Hmm... let's see... being that Halloween is all about ghost, goblins, and everything scary...

If I was going to the movies with my friends and we were going to watch this SCARY movie called "BOO HOLLOW", tell me what this movie would be about using characters of Boo Hollow! Now, don't make it too gory.. I am a kid y'know but enough that it will make me spill my popcorn!

The Funatic with the most bone-chilling movie will win a Boo Hollow Prize Pack!
Be creative! Think of all the Halloween movies you love and go from there! Don't be afraid to add some humor in there too! Have fun with it!

Giveaway will end on Monday, 10/18, at 11:59p (Pacific)!
Winner will receive a PM on Tuesday, 10/19!

Have a Spook-tacular Weekend Funatics!
Freddy :freddy3:

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Oh this sounds super fun! Can't wait to read some movie scripts! I'm gonna start working on mine too!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:32 am

100% yes! Love Boo Hollow, so glad we're seeing such an expanded release for series 2! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:01 am

Can I get a Boo from those spooky funatics. That would be awesome and a nice treat and not hopefully a trick. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:01 pm

Hello Freddy, I hope that this story absolutely terrifies you! In a good way of course :freddy2:
There once was this little boy named Freddy who was all dressed up for Halloween, he has had a lot of different costumes but needed to find the perfect one. Then when he wasn't looking the crown was blown out of the window by a sudden gust of wind! "My crown, come back!" Freddy said and the crown was blown into the forest. Freddy had not noticed how far into the forest he had ran into and he saw a deteriorating sign that said "Boo Hollow". Freddy felt a shiver down his spine and he noticed a black cat slinking across the ground by his leg, and he started petting it as a girl with a witch costume crept up behind him. "Are you feeling Lucky?" said the mysterious figure and Freddy began to shriek and ran away from the witch as she began to cackle. Freddy was terrified and ran to someone in a car still screaming. "Help, help! There's someone chasing after me!" The man in the car looked absolutely skeletal and asked Freddy a simple question, "Do you have a bone to pick with me?" Freddy looked the man up and down and realized that he was not going to get any help here and ran back into the forest where he saw the shadow of two identical looking children. "Finally some kids my age, can you help?" Freddy asked. He took a closer look at the children and he noticed that they had a devilish look in their eyes. "not you too!" yelled Freddy, "is everyone in this town haunted?!" He went to a cabin in the woods that he thought was abandoned and saw a child with bones for arms wearing his crown that he lost. "My crown, give it back to me now!" Yelled Freddy to the kid, and the child just growled at him. The witch from before came down the stairs of the cabin to Freddy's surprise, "Have you been in charge of haunting me tonight??" The witch then told Freddy to sit down and that she would explain "I am Nina, and this here is my brother Zeke, he is unable to talk so he's only able to groan at you, he does mean well." "The cat that you met earlier is mine as well, his name is Lucky and you were petting him but he's my little baby." "What about the skeleton with bones all around him?!" asked Freddy. "That is our local neighborhood candy shop owner Gabe, he gives away free suckers on Halloween and the different types of bones are different flavors based on the type of stick the bone is!" Freddy was starting to piece it all together but he was still confused on one thing. "Ok but what about the demon children that were waiting in the woods? They scared me too!" Nina began to answer his question, "Those were the sons of Gabe! They were waiting for him to come home to go trick or treating with him." Freddy finally breathed a sigh of relief, "Can I please have my crown back?" "On one condition said the witch, you trick or treat with us on this Halloween night, as payback for you giving us all a fright." "Deal!" Said Freddy. Freddy then explored the part of the forest with all the children and he had a frightfully fun Halloween, the end.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:03 pm

Here is my submission for the Halloween story! Enjoy!

One spooky Halloween in the creepy town of Boo Hallow lived a young half witch, half vampire named Nina, along with her curious cat Lucky they are a fearsome duo. Nina is always creating creepy concoctions in her cauldron friend, Newt. He loves making the spookiest thing he can within his cauldron. On this particular night he was making a potion for the creepiest Halloween costumes, which was that night. He perfected his recipe and just a couple minutes before Nina had to leave, he had it all ready for her. Just then there was a loud pounding at the door. Lucky jumped so high that they hung on the chandelier, swinging it back and forth. Nina slowly opened the door and a dark shadow stepped forward. Nina trembled in her goth boots. The light began to shine on the figure, but it was none other than her best friend Zeke! Nina hit Zeke's shoulder saying he shouldn't have scared her like that. He replied saying "it's Halloween, what did you expect?" Nina and Zeke took Newt's murky colored potion. They felt funny and Zeke made a queasy face. Lucky gave out a chuckle of a purr. They both started to change. First their hands, then arms, then face, finally the rest of them. Nina and Zeke gasped as they had both turned into black and white versions of themselves! Nina even glittered in the moonlight.

Now it was time for them to go trick or treating around Boo Hallow. They said goodbye to Newt and Lucky, and headed out with their pumpkin bags. They made their way to the first house, a cobblestone house with lots of the house falling apart. They knocked on the door and a large figure came to the door. It was a massive hairy werewolf! The kids said "trick or treat" and he held out a bowl full of yummy ghoul shaped treats. The kids were happy and took a handful and said thank you. Behind the large werewolf stood a small scruffy boy named Phinneas. From where Nina and Zeke were standing, they could smell the werewolf. They didn't know if that was how all werewolves smelled, or just this boy. Phinneas asked them if he could join them and they agreed. They went off to the next house, they soon found out the smell was just this boy, he told them how much he hated taking a bath and how it made his fur stand up all over the place.

As they walked from house to house they gathered tons of fiendish treats. Their favorite was the worm covered popcorn balls. They soon saw a few more friends. Gabe, a skeleton who loves to get tricks on Halloween just as much as the tasty treats. And Pumpkin, a cat who knows all the best house to trick or treat at. Gabe was the first to the door at the next house with the others far behind still on the street. He decided to pull a prank on this house. He knocked on the door and then hid in a bush before they opened the door. The door opened and the owner looked around confused, then Gabe jumped out and screamed "boo". The owner jumped spilling all the candy out of the bowl. Then he ran off laughing.

At the very next house the kids were in for a surprise. Gabe again was first and pounded on the door. Yelling "Trick or treat, give me something good to eat, if you don't I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear"! The owner opened the door and reached out the bowl of candy. Or that's what the kids thought. Instead of candy it was a bowl of eye balls! They rolled around looking in every direction. All the kids screamed but Gabe who was laughing on the ground.

After that incident the kids decided to cut through the cemetery on their way to the other side of town. A cool breeze started to chill their spines, especially Gabe since he is a skeleton. They then started to hear "caw caw" of a murder of crows. The children almost turned back but a voice called out to them "hey! Over here"! In the dark depths of the cemetery was a lone tree, Leif. He liked it there, happy with the gravestones and crows. Along with Leif, Nina and the others met another tree, Birch. She was white as the moonlight and loved how the cool breeze would tickle her branches. They said goodbye to their two new friends and left the cemetery.

The kids went to tons of more houses before it was seeming to get late. There was one last house they would go to before heading home. It was a grand mansion. They walked up the grand driveway to the massive house, knocked, and a giant Dragon came to the door and handed out full size candy bars! They said thank and left, happily swinging their pumpkin bags full of treats. Suddenly a devil appeared with a puff of smoke. Nina and company took a step back as he appeared. The devil, Scratch, said with a grin "I heard you lot got the last of the full size candy bars from that Dragon, I want them". Nina looked at her friends and said "what do you have for trade?". Scratch grinned even bigger and said "Oooo a deal", rubbing his hands together. He snapped his fingers and magically he produced an orange colored ball for each of the friends. He said "take these in exchange your candy bars, you will love the surprise inside!". Nina, Zeke, Phinneas, Gabe and Pumpkin all looked at each, before they could agree, Nina said "wait, can we get one for each of the friends we have met along the way and at home?". Scratch hesitated but ultimately agreed, producing more orange balls for Birch, Leif, Lucky and Newt. They gave Scratch their full size candy bars and they parted way.

The children went back the way the came dropping off the orange balls to Birch and Leif. Then Pumpkin left with Gabe to go home. Nina and Zeke dropped Phinneas off at his house and went back to Nina's. When they got home they gave the balls to Lucky and Newt. They thanked them and then they decided to open them together.

Inside each orange ball was a miniature figure of each of themselves! There was a note inside that read "These are called Paka Paka. Enjoy! Happy Halloween! - Scratch". Everyone was so thrilled with their toys and couldn't wait until next year when they would hopefully run into Scratch again with more new Paka Paka.

The end.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:01 pm

Here is my entry (with some help from the Mrs). Think of it as the pilot pitch to a serialized cartoon!

It was a perfectly spooky Halloween night and Nina, Raven, Sparky, and Scratch were very excited to go Trick-or-Treating. The wind blew the leaves around and whistled through the bones of the trees. The moon hung high and bright in the night sky. The four friends happily skipped along, and came to the first house on the street, 1313 Cat Street. As they walked up to the house, they yelled out excitedly “TRICK OR TREAT!” but before they could reach the first step, the stairs suddenly inverted into a ramp! Nina, Raven, Sparky and Scratch suddenly found themselves sliding into a dark, dusty, and musty basement. They shivered as they landed with a 'THUD' and began to look around.

All around them, they found furniture covered in ancient looking dust sheets. Upon looking up, Nina noticed a painting of a bat. “Look at that bat,” she whispered to the others. “He looks friendly, but in a spooky way.” All of a sudden, the bat came to life, popped out of the painting, and flew menacingly at Sparky. Sparkly screamed, and try to swat at it. “Get it away, get it away! How do we get out of here?”

All of sudden, Raven noticed a similar painting on the other side of the room. “Don’t look now, but I think he has a friend.” Not a second later, another bat leapt out of the other painting, and all four friends screamed in unison! Scratch trapped one bat under his hat, and Raven trapped the other with one of the old sheets. Raven then pointed out a staircase leading up into the house, and the four friends bolted for the stairs. As they reached for the door, a ghost popped through, startling them all. “Howdy friends, I’m Ori and WELCOME to the spookiest house on the street!”

“The door, help us through the door!” cried Scratch. Ori laughed, and said “Oh, did the bats scare you? They’re my friends! This here is Bela, and that little guy is Hex.” Having freed themselves, the bats chattered excitedly. “Are we stuck here?” asked Nina. “Oh yes,” Ori replied, “but the fun is just getting started…”
Marty
Funklub member #1093

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:28 am

Awww I like this! I'll give it a shot:

Nina was tired of the same old same old with her Halloween routine. This year things would be different: she would go to the fabled neighborhood nicknamed "Boo Hollow" that her friends always said gave out the king sized bars but at the expense of being a treacherous journey.

Nina ditches her friends to pursue this, traversing through a spooky forest. She sees the lights ahead! She emerges from her hour-long walk to see she is back in her own neighborhood... Shocked and confused, Nina sees her friends ahead trick or treating as normal. She approaches and they turn around, revealing the HORRIFYING truth. These people may sound and dress like her friends but they have become the monsters they dressed up for Halloween!

Scratch has become a devilish trickster, Sparky is a walking Frankenstein's Monster and Ori is a transparent ghost! Not only that, the buildings and trees have eyes! She turns and runs to the forest to realize now it is blocked by a wall. She faces reality and realizes that she now gets to experience Halloween 24/7, 365 days a year! Nina is now a member of the Boo Hollow family! There's also a werewolf named Phineas (who really smells like a wet dog), Hex and Bela the gruesome twosome bats and Raven the ringleader of it all!

Will Nina adjust to this new lifestyle? Or will she use her new witch powers granted by her costume choice to conjure a way out of this all day nightmare! Tune into BOO HOLLOW next Sunday at 6 PM pacific ;-)
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:32 am

I didn't intend to, but apparently I wrote a novel!

Gabe was on a quest. There was a Halloween scavenger hunt going on in his town, Boo Hollow, and he was determined to win. He already had the best ever costume – he was a skeleton this year! Much scarier than last year, when his costume was a white dress shirt, bow tie and a crown! As the sun went down, he gave his cat Pumpkin some head scratches, and headed out to meet his best friend, Phinneas, who seemed to have dressed up as a werewolf. Phinneas was relatively new to town, and they’d had to work hard to convince their parents that they were old enough to do the scavenger hunt on their own. But they’d succeeded, and armed with a bag for their goodies, they set out.

The first clue took them to the edge of the forest, which was much scarier now that the sun had set and there was no moon. The clue had them looking for a ghost in the forest, and neither of them particularly wanted to find a real ghost. The bare trees shifted and groaned in the softly blowing wind. “What kind of trees are these?,” Phinneas asked. “Creepy”, Gabe answered. “I dunno – I always called the darker trees “Leif” cause I thought it was clever.” The rustling trees, lack of light and sounds of the forest were unnerving, and the boys glanced uneasily at each other. Should they continue? Maybe their parents were right, and they weren’t old enough to do this on their own. Just then, they spotted what they were looking for – a white “Birch” tree! They raced into the grove, and pulled the envelope from the tree, and then raced back to the clearing at the edge of the forest.

“The black cat will bring you luck, but will you like what he’s serving?”, read the next clue. “What kind of black cat serves anything?” Phinneas asked. “I know what this means!” Gabe answered, and pushing Phinneas down the road, he steered them in the direction of the center of town. “The Cauldron Café in the center of town has a black cat named Lucky! And they’re open 24 hours for food orders!” The boys raced off down the street, certain they had the next clue in their sights!

But when they got to the Café, all the lights were off, and the front door was slightly open. It had been decorated for Halloween, and was covered in webs and spiders, and gravestones. The whole atmosphere was downright creepy, and Phinneas, who’d never been there, hesitated when he saw what it looked like. Gabe wasn’t going to stop now though, so he pushed through the open door, and Phinneas reluctantly followed him.

“Who dares enter this gateway to the underworld??”a deep voice echoed out of the darkness. In addition to the lights being off, the Café seemed fulled of fog, and the boys couldn’t see anything. But they’d come too far, so Gabe answered. “Phinneas and Gabe are here to get the next scavenger hunt clue from Lucky the cat!” Nothing happened, and then the Café echoed with laughter. Red light flickered on, and Zeke, the owner of the Café shuffled out of the shadows. He was dressed as a zombie, and if Gabe hadn’t recognized him he’d have been very freaked out. But he knew Zeke was a great guy who often gave the kids treats even when it wasn’t Halloween!

“Great job getting this far, boys!” Zeke said with slow, slurred speech. Obviously he was trying to maintain his zombie appearance. “If you can find Lucky in here, you can take the next clue and be on your way.”

The boys split up to look around the Café. Lucky liked to perch out of the way, but Phinneas had sharp eyesight, and Gabe was used to hiding kitties. Between them, they eliminated most places, and meeting toward the back, spotted Lucky perched high up on a shelf. “Boost me up!” Phinneas said, and between the two of them, they pulled an envelope off of Lucky’s shelf. Lucky hissed when Phinneas got close, but relaxed back into a sprawl once they were away from him. “Thanks Lucky!”

Now they had it – the final clue! “Ghosts and ghoulies would agree, no one wants to visit me!” They looked at each other in horror, with the same thought – the final clue was telling them to go to the haunted house at the end of the town! “We can’t go there! The ghosts will get us!” Phinneas said, eyes wide. “No, we’ve come this far and we’re not stopping now!” Gabe answered. Phinneas nodded, but made sure he was a step behind Gabe as they walked slowly toward the haunted house.

No one had lived there since before either of them had been born, and was in terrible shape on the outside. Peeling paint, windows covered in dirt and cobwebs, overgrown plants everywhere. It was the epitome of haunted house, and though they were determined not to show it, both boys were terrified as they walked up the path to the front door. When they got there, they looked at each other in a “You do it” moment. Finally, determined to get it over with, Gabe reached out and took hold of the old-fashioned door knocker, lifting it once, twice, and then let it drop. Without a conscious decision, they took a step back. They could hear footsteps coming toward the door, and the doorknob slowly turned…oh so slowly….the door cracked opened…..

“Welcome to our Haunted House party!” cried Nina. She startled them so badly, they fell over before realizing it was just Nina from school. It seemed she couldn’t make up her mind for her costume, and was dressed as a vampire witch. Her dad Scratch stood behind her, dressed as a shiny devil, holding out two bags. “Welcome boys, and congratulations! You’re the first to complete the scavenger hunt, here are your prizes! Come in, come in, enjoy the party!”

Gabe and Phinneas looked at each other, then got to their feet. They stepped forward and took the envelopes from Scratch, and saw that the Haunted House was indeed set up for a Halloween party. Tables of food set against the wall, and a strobe light flashed crackling lightning throughout the room.

“Did I scare you guys? What are your prizes? Dad got his company to sponsor the prizes, I don’t even know what they are. And they rented this house for the party, we’re expecting a large crowd as the night goes on! I’m glad you’re here now though, we can play all the games first!”

Gabe and Phinneas followed her in, and enjoyed the party, even more when the later guests were so impressed they’d finished the scavenger hunt first. They stayed out way too late, ate way too much food and candy, and when they headed for home, were very satisfied with themselves.

But when they saw their prizes, they did a happy dance in the street. Vouchers, to be redeemed the next day, for the new Boo Hollow series 2 Paka Pakas! Well worth all the frights and surprises of the night! And if, at the end of the night, the residents of Boo Hollow actually put BACK ON their costumes, well....Gabe didn't need to know that. Not yet, anyway!
Last edited by Katers on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage Image

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:47 pm

I can't wait to read the submissions! Remember the giveaway entries must be submitted tonight!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:54 pm

‘Twas the night before Halloween in Boo Hallow when everything went terribly wrong. Gabe and Nina were out scouting their candy route when they noticed something strange near the old Birch tree. There was a boy hiding behind the stump they had never seen before. “Don’t be afraid” Nina said as she moved towards the boy. Once she got closer, she froze in her tracks. The boy wasn’t a boy at all – he was a zombie! His clothes were covered in dirt and blood, and he was missing a hand! Once Gabe realized what was going on he grabbed Nina by the arm, and they sprinted down the street.

“Phew that was close!” Gabe said to Nina as they were both catching their breath.
“What do we do now?” Nina replied.

They had no time to come up with a plan though because the zombie was inching closer and closer. The two kids decided to do the unthinkable though and they ran towards 1313 Cat Street house. Their parents always told them to avoid the 1313 Cat Street house because it was known to be haunted by 13 cats! The kids always thought this story was amusing though because who is really scared of cats? They ignored their parents’ advice in this moment though because they didn’t want to become zombies!

“I think we lost him.” Nina said to Gabe with a huge sigh of relief.
“We aren’t safe yet though.” Gabe replied as he peered out the broken window in the house.

A few hours passed and there was no sign of the zombie. The kids thought they were safe, but then they heard a loud bang in the basement.

“Gabe let’s just get out of here!” Nina screamed to Gabe.
“I want to see what it is – maybe it’s one of the haunted cats!” Gabe replied to Nina.

Gabe and Nina carefully made their way into the pitch-black basement. There were cobwebs all over the place and Nina latched on to Gabe’s arm for comfort.

“Is anyone down here?” Gabe whispered.

At that very moment Nina felt a tap on her shoulder and screamed! The two turned their heads and there was the zombie…

“Hi my name is Zeke! Nice to meet you!”
“You…you can talk?” Gabe replied.
“Sure can! You dropped your candy map and I just wanted to return it!” Zeke said with a smile on his face.

Gabe grabbed the map and thanked Zeke for being so kind. The two kids were relieved that the zombie seemed to be nice and that they had nothing to worry about. They told Zeke that they needed to get home though since it was starting to get dark. Zeke totally understood, but had one last thing to tell them…

“Make sure you eat lots of candy tomorrow night – I want to make sure you both taste nice and sweet when it’s time for my dinner!”
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 pm

Boo Hollow was the most popular Halloween destination for anyone interested in tricks and especially treats. Miss Raven handed out her famous bloody brownies every year and the rest of the neighborhood kept up with full bars, candy apples, warm cider, and even toys making their into goody bags.

Freddy had been out for hours making the most of the offerings and had a full bag of candy to show for it. He was eager to get home and really dig into his bag of treats if only it wasn’t for the fact that he might have been a little lost. Just a little while ago he’d gotten carried away in all the fun and chaos and now he found himself totally alone on 1313 Bat Lane. The street was quiet. There wasn’t music playing or kids laughing like before. Freddy could hear every leaf crunching under his shoes and branches whistling in the wind. He shivered. Somehow being alone made it feel colder. Freddy sped up hoping to find a landmark he recognized. The houses weren’t lit for visitors and the decorations were sparse. Something told him that the boarded windows and glistening spiderwebs weren’t for show.

He stopped when he heard a distinct snap from somewhere behind him. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up and he slowly turned around to find a shadow dart across the street. For a second he tensed as glowing eyes bore into his but a tiny ‘meow’ followed and Freddy laughed in relief. It was just a little black cat. A friendly one since it trotted to Freddy quickly and rubbed against his leg. Freddy blew out a breath of laughter again and bent down to the pet the cat. A tag reading Lucky jingled as he scratched it’s head.

“You surprised me there Lucky! I thought I was all alone until you jumped out. Do you live here?” The cat meowed again and Freddy smiled. “Maybe you can lead me back home?” Freddy didn’t really expect an answer, he just found comfort in talking to someone, even a cat. But Lucky mewed again and started walking towards a thatch of birch trees. Lucky looked back as if expecting Freddy to follow. Having no other options and being a curious guy himself, Freddy decided to follow Lucky through the trees and hopefully towards something he recognized.

It wasn’t a dense forest so moonlight cut long shadows on the ground before them. Lucky would disappear and then reappear between the lines of light. Freddy kept a close eye on Lucky until it walked into a shadow and didn’t reemerge. Freddy stopped and looked up into the gnarled branches and back down to the dark forest floor. “Lucky?” The cat was gone. Vanished completely and Freddy found himself alone in the woods. Freddy was worse off than before but kept going. Surely he would find his way home soon.

Walking through the trees was much louder than walking on an empty street, but much more unsettling. Freddy himself was quiet but little scratching sounds, rustling, chirps, and shuffles unnerved him. He couldn’t tell which direction they were coming from. He didn’t know if Lucky could be making those sounds, or maybe some other creature he’d yet to encounter. A whooshing sound rushed by Freddy’s head and he ducked to avoid some kind of flying animal. It had to have been a bird or maybe a bat. Harmless, but Freddy picked up his pace. He wasn’t afraid. He was just impatient now. Branches snapped against him and his feet thud into the forest floor as he jogged forward. He drowned out the mysterious sounds of the forest with his own panting breaths. He just wanted to go home. As he moved faster, he grew careless and something snagged his foot hard enough to trip him to the ground. He spat out some sticks and wiped mud from his face before rolling over and investigating his foot. A vine or root was wrapped around his ankle. Freddy reached to untangle himself but froze when he heard laughter. He glanced around. Maybe he was close to home? But all he could see were more trees and no lights beyond them. Laughter rang out again, but this time much closer. Freddy looked up and in the branch of one of the birch trees above him, lounged a red creature with horns and a flawless blood-red pinstripe suit.

“You went down hard.” The creature, devil? laughed again. “Sorry, I tried to hold it in, but you gave yourself a mud mustache too."

Freddy sat in stunned silence.

“You know? Like when you drink milk and it- Never mind.” The creature swung off the branch and onto the ground without making a sound. He dipped into a bow and introduced himself. “My name is Scratch. I’m the master of this land and I can help you get home.”

“Really?” Freddy blurted. The prospect of going home loosened the words previously stuck in in throat. “I’d really appreciate that! My name is-“

“Freddy. Yes I’m aware of exactly who you are.” Scratch interrupted. “And I’m aware of what you’re carrying in that bag of yours.”

Freddy had almost forgotten his bag of loot. “My candy? Wait, how do you know me?”

“Lucky told me. She’s a real chatterbox but no one lures in the whales like her.”

“Whale?”

“You know, mark, patsy, high roller, baby with candy, whatever. What do you say? Your bag of treats for my knowledge of the exit. We make a deal and you’re on your way home Freddy.”

“Deal.” Freddy held out his bag instantly but Scratch started pouting.

“Wow, that was no fun at all.” Scratch circled Freddy and gave him a poke with a cane that seemed to materialize out of shadow. “Where’s your Halloween spirit kid? You’re really just gonna give up the goods without a fight? Not even try to wear me down a little? Haven’t you heard of bargaining?”

“It’s just candy.” Freddy reasoned.

“Just candy?!” Scratch grabbed Freddy by the collar to pull him close. “I know for a fact you went through Boo Hollow. Boo Hollow has the BEST confectionary available to mortals and monsters alike. I know a kid from 40 years ago still wandering these woods because he knew the value of his treat bags!”

“That sounds excessive.”

“It’s not excessive, it’s cool! You wish you were as cool as Gabe!”

Freddy didn’t know who Gabe was. And as much as he loved candy and treats, there was no place like home. Plus his Mom was real big on buying up discounted candy the day after Halloween. Candy was candy. He wasn’t as picky as Gabe apparently.

Scratch dropped Freddy and tsked. “Alright kid. Give me your bag and I’ll get you home. Deal?”

“Deal!” Freddy shook Scratch’s hand. He could feel a strange heat seep through the glove and suddenly the weight of his candy bag was replaced with a paper map.

Scratch turned his back and dismissed him with a wave. “Follow that map. Don’t stray from the path. It’s not a full moon so don’t worry about werewolves. If you see Nina the Witch and she offers you some newt soup, definitely pass. Happy Halloween or whatever.”

Freddy blinked and Scratch was gone along with his bag of candy. Freddy picked up the map that would lead him home and started following the path. According to the map he only needed to pass through Creepy Coven Cave, go around Wetmore Forest, and straight through the middle of Probably Not Haunted Cemetery. He paused and muttered. “That is a really weird name for a cemetery.” A gust wind carried the sound of laughter but Freddy ignored it and set off towards home.

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 pm

Zeke’s Adventures at McDs Playland

A mother took her eager son named Zeke to McDs for lunch. Zeke finished his lunch quickly and asked his mom if he could go play in the play area. The restaurant had a special little play area at the side with some tunnels, a slide and a ball pit for kids, filled with plastic balls.
She watched as Zeke crawled through the tunnels, went down the slide and jumped into the ball pit. He jumped up and down on the brightly colored balls, dove into them and burrowed down under them. The boy had been playing for about 10 minutes when, all of a sudden, he stopped and began to cry loudly.
The mother rushed to Zeke, picked him up and asked him what was wrong. Zeke just wailed and pointed to his butt. His mother pulled down his pants and saw two little red marks on one of his butt cheeks. She thought he must have just sat on something sharp, but just to be sure, she took him to the hospital.
A doctor examined the little boy in the emergency room and told the mother that the marks on her son’s butt were a bat bite. The doctor gave the boy an antidote for the bat bite and kept him in hospital overnight for observation.

The next day, the boy’s mother returned to McDs to complain. She approached the counter and shouted at one of the teenagers who worked there.
“My son was bitten by a Bat in your ball pit”,
the woman screamed.
“You should count yourself lucky, lady”, said the teenager. “your son was bitten by our newest pet mascot Hex the Bat as it was his feeding time.

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:26 am

Great stories everyone! Good luck!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:30 am

Ahhh I meant to get to this but forgot! Great stories everyone! Good luck :D
Aspring Funko artist!

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:47 pm

Good luck everyone!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 pm

Good luck! Everyone had great stories!

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 pm

Wow! Thanks for the great stories! This is definitely going to be hard for me to choose ](*,)

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:03 pm

I didn't know we had a bunch of writers here. Good luck to all of those that entered!
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:15 pm

I didn’t enter but I would like to say that reading these stories was awesome. Thanks Freddy for the contest but more importantly thanks to those who participated. Good luck guys.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:19 pm

Anyone know if a winner was chosen?
I'm shivering with an-tici...

... PATION!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:45 am

RogueSolo wrote:Anyone know if a winner was chosen?
I'm shivering with an-tici...

... PATION!

I can't believe I'm typing this, but...it's me! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

No idea yet what I won, but so looking forward to a fun surprise on my doorstep! Especially exciting for me because my preorder for series 2 was cancelled. Managed to pick up a few random BH2 pakas at the mall over the weekend, and fell in love all over again! Got really lucky, scored a glow Ori in one of the 3 I bought. The good week just kept on going! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:25 am

Congrats! I hope you can share with us all once your goodies arrive :cheers:
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Dsho333