Anybody Think Hikari will Blow up?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Submyst

Re: Anybody Think Hikari will Blow up?

Postby Submyst » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 pm

LoneWolf16 wrote:FAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKK THE HIKARI!!!!!!!!

seems that the 6'' and 10'' pops is where its at now lol :freddy2:

Submyst

Postby Submyst » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:02 pm

I've seen someones collections on their sig. and it looks so nice. A collection like it would go great next to a movie theater perhaps.

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:50 pm

I wish it did take off. I really liked this line.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Why are Hikari so expensive? It's always something I've wondered. Usually, Funko products are pretty affordable at retail price.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:41 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:Why are Hikari so expensive? It's always something I've wondered. Usually, Funko products are pretty affordable at retail price.

They're Sofubi, and its typically expensive. I only have a few pieces that I love

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:04 pm

BerserkerBlack wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Why are Hikari so expensive? It's always something I've wondered. Usually, Funko products are pretty affordable at retail price.

They're Sofubi, and its typically expensive. I only have a few pieces that I love

Ahhh I see. I had a feeling it had something to do with the material. Thank you!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:52 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

Ahhh I see. I had a feeling it had something to do with the material. Thank you!

No problem at all :D I'm glad they don't have any Horror ones or I'd be in trouble. lol especially since they typically do a few variants per character

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Hate to repeat an answer, but has anyone tried filling them with fireworks? I feel like that would guarantee it, i mean they are made of soft vinyl, doesn't seem that out of the question that they would blow up.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:22 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:Hate to repeat an answer, but has anyone tried filling them with fireworks? I feel like that would guarantee it, i mean they are made of soft vinyl, doesn't seem that out of the question that they would blow up.

I think Sid tried it, but then the toys turned on him....
My Name is Ernie

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Kaljor wrote:
xmaldigolax wrote:Hate to repeat an answer, but has anyone tried filling them with fireworks? I feel like that would guarantee it, i mean they are made of soft vinyl, doesn't seem that out of the question that they would blow up.

I think Sid tried it, but then the toys turned on him....

Sid was a visionary. Those toys are tyrannical.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:33 pm

I tried the fireworks method once and documented my efforts. See footage below.

Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ad0924

Postby ad0924 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

I tried the fireworks method once and documented my efforts. See footage below.

Have you seen the candle of this scene that was made!? It's a classic!

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 am

My husband has a bunch and honestly, I think they're his favorite line but he feels like they are dying out. They were kind of pricey so it was harder to buy a bunch but they're also bigger, more detailed, more unique. I would like to see a resurgence just because I know he loves them so much.
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Hope to see some new ones soon
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:58 am

lol, no
:SW7a:

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:06 pm

I’m still hoping they do. I think the starting price point is what turns most people away.
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:51 am

Honestly, I can’t even remember the last Hikari that came out...but I still love the look and size of them. I would love to see a couple new sets for endgame

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 pm

ghostrye wrote:Honestly, I can’t even remember the last Hikari that came out...but I still love the look and size of them. I would love to see a couple new sets for endgame

It's been a while. 2017 10 Days of Christmas red glitter Huckleberry Hound was the last full size Hikari release. Not looking so good these days :sad7:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Classier wrote:If they stay at the current price they are at, I'd highly doubt it.

They are priced pretty cheap when compared to kaiju vinyl toys in japan, where they typically go for $100+........each.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Chernabog wrote:
Submyst wrote:Lol, I really want to collect some more now. It barely hit me how cool they are!

They start to grow on you! I mean, I only collect the Disney characters but they're pretty cool.

I agree, as I started with one that I like it slowly grew on me and on it went haha.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:55 pm

It's weird how they have a page on here for it still when it's disappeared

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:45 am

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:Honestly, I can’t even remember the last Hikari that came out...but I still love the look and size of them. I would love to see a couple new sets for endgame

It's been a while. 2017 10 Days of Christmas red glitter Huckleberry Hound was the last full size Hikari release. Not looking so good these days :sad7:

Wow. I had no idea the last one was so long ago. At work resources were shifted to producing newer product like 5 star. Bummer.

funkofinderz

Postby funkofinderz » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:30 am

ghostrye wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Wow. I had no idea the last one was so long ago. At work resources were shifted to producing newer product like 5 star. Bummer.

Crazy to think it's been that long. There doesn't seem to be a demand for them but I do enjoy the Megazord from Power Rangers they produced a while back. If done properly, I think they could make a comeback. Nobody wanted Dorbz until the GoT Direwolves, granted it had that LE sticker to help move it along.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:37 am

Chernabog wrote:It's weird how they have a page on here for it still when it's disappeared

Still a viable line with a small but strong fanbase. Much like Wobblers and other lines that still have a presence around here. Not officially ever cancelled either. When I asked last summer I was told Hikari was just "on hiatus to allocate resources to some higher profile lines". I would love to still believe this is the case but only time will tell.

Thepopfamily

Postby Thepopfamily » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:17 pm

They are cool but between variations and the higher price tag it makes people more hesitant to start I think. So while the low piece count is appealing to some the cost is not for all.
Hunting for 90's Nick related PROTOS... Who can help?

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:24 pm

The smaller Hikari figures are more to my liking, compared to the bigger ones (which have significantly higher price points). I've started collecting the little Freddy Hikari, love that they come in different colors.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:36 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Chernabog wrote:It's weird how they have a page on here for it still when it's disappeared

Still a viable line with a small but strong fanbase. Much like Wobblers and other lines that still have a presence around here. Not officially ever cancelled either. When I asked last summer I was told Hikari was just "on hiatus to allocate resources to some higher profile lines". I would love to still believe this is the case but only time will tell.

Well, it’s time to come off hiatus and churn out a couple fun items. At the very least, they should have something for sdcc!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Thepopfamily wrote:They are cool but between variations and the higher price tag it makes people more hesitant to start I think. So while the low piece count is appealing to some the cost is not for all.

This is so true.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

JUSTlistIN

Postby JUSTlistIN » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:26 am

I honestly thought it would

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:24 pm

I had hoped that the Hikari XS would catch on because of the smaller size and much lower price point, but that doesn't seem to be the case. no matter, I will just enjoy the ones that I have and be grateful that Funko put them out.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Why would it take off now? What is the antecedent?

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:35 pm

ghostrye wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Well, it’s time to come off hiatus and churn out a couple fun items. At the very least, they should have something for sdcc!

It would be nice, here's crossing fingers and toes and whatever other body parts you can cross

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Nooklin wrote:Why would it take off now? What is the antecedent?

Well we are looking at a thread that was started in June 2017 when Hikari still had some life to it. Flash forward 2 years and now almost 16 months since the last full-size release I would sadly say the writing is on the wall.

Much like Dorbz (who at least still has some active life in them) people like to resurrect the "are they dead" thread ever so often. Bums me out but it is what it is.

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:16 pm

I would have bought more hikari, but the price point was way too high. i was able to get a bunch at a local convention at $10 each. The guy had cases of various Transformers and Batman.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:17 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Nooklin wrote:Why would it take off now? What is the antecedent?

Well we are looking at a thread that was started in June 2017 when Hikari still had some life to it. Flash forward 2 years and now almost 16 months since the last full-size release I would sadly say the writing is on the wall.

Much like Dorbz (who at least still has some active life in them) people like to resurrect the "are they dead" thread ever so often. Bums me out but it is what it is.

You would think that they would keep the spark alive just a little bit by offering a handful of Hikari through the course of a year. An Endgame character would do well.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:19 pm

ghostrye wrote:You would think that they would keep the spark alive just a little bit by offering a handful of Hikari through the course of a year. An Endgame character would do well.

Agreed, even if just as quarterly releases. Limit the variants and expand the character selection a little bit more.

There were a lot of missed opportunities in both existing mold colors (example: Boba Fett - could have done an animated Holiday Special first appearance color way) and skipped characters that have strong bases that would have helped boost the line: Chewbacca, R2-D2, Superman, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing (not super big fanbase would be cool in that format), Thor, Wolverine, Hellboy, Marvin the Martian, Iron Giant, Alien...

Endgame Thanos would be perfect! Or Rocket Raccoon!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:25 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:You would think that they would keep the spark alive just a little bit by offering a handful of Hikari through the course of a year. An Endgame character would do well.

Agreed, even if just as quarterly releases. Limit the variants and expand the character selection a little bit more.

There were a lot of missed opportunities in both existing mold colors (example: Boba Fett - could have done an animated Holiday Special first appearance color way) and skipped characters that have strong bases that would have helped boost the line: Chewbacca, R2-D2, Superman, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing (not super big fanbase would be cool in that format), Thor, Wolverine, Hellboy, Marvin the Martian, Iron Giant, Alien...

Endgame Thanos would be perfect! Or Rocket Raccoon!

I've never bought a Hikari but I absolutely would've bought a Thanos! Especially if he had his armor.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:30 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I've never bought a Hikari but I absolutely would've bought a Thanos! Especially if he had his armor.

A comic based Howard the Duck would have been rad to see too! Him and Spider-Ham would been fun to see that the stylized Hikari look.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I've never bought a Hikari but I absolutely would've bought a Thanos! Especially if he had his armor.

A comic based Howard the Duck would have been rad to see too! Him and Spider-Ham would been fun to see that the stylized Hikari look.

You're not wrong! Spider-Ham is a favorite of mine too so I would've really loved those.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

I also think Bat Mite could have been very cool...as well as Swamp Thing.

Return to “Hikari”