More X-MEN Pop!s please!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Spartacus

More X-MEN Pop!s please!

Postby Spartacus » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

I need these in my life!

I'm new to the Funko world so please forgive my ignorance. :D

Above last edited on April 05, 2020

Last edited by Spartacus on Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

Classier

Re: Why X-Men fans get no love?

Postby Classier » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Don’t bring Thor into this. That has been one of the most consistently requested pops since day one of my collecting, and they finally made it after seven long years. I’d love to more X-Men, but Funko has a problem making pops from the comics period, much less the X-Men’s corner.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 pm

I think a lot of if it has to do with Fox owning the X-men for so long.. where as Disney got their hands on all the others much sooner, got them in main stream media and just made them more well known. A lot of people that "like Marvel" have probably never read a comic book and only know the cinematic universe
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Classier wrote:Don’t bring Thor into this. That has been one of the most consistently requested pops since day one of my collecting, and they finally made it after seven long years. I’d love to more X-Men, but Funko has a problem making pops from the comics period, much less the X-Men’s corner.

:D

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 pm

There are sooooooo many pops !!! Especially x men that we still haven’t seen
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 pm

I mean X-Men is one of the few areas of the comic world that gets anything, unless it's movie crap, Spiderman or X-Men good luck getting a dang Marvel Character made.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

You have to remember that while Funko does cater to a wide variety of the wants and desires of the collector community, they are a business and decisions are also guided by profitability. I am fairly certain that a Thor pop will sell better than Polaris.

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:26 pm

They just did a marvel collector corps box with Angel and Dark phoenix. They are coming out with Dark Phoenix for the movie coming out later just released at new york Toy Fair. i'm sure more characters will come out for the movie too.
ImageImage

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Kwik_One wrote:
Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

You have to remember that while Funko does cater to a wide variety of the wants and desires of the collector community, they are a business and decisions are also guided by profitability. I am fairly certain that a Thor pop will sell better than Polaris.

Thor is going to sell like hot cakes..
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

CosmicCollector77

Postby CosmicCollector77 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 pm

I'd like to see more X-Men pops since those are really the only Marvel pops I collect. I'm really hoping we get Nightcrawler, Rogue and Gambit soon

JeffylikesApples

Postby JeffylikesApples » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 pm

Definitely agree. With Fox owning the X amen it makes things harder. My wife would love to see a Rogue pop and has said it for years. But good things come to those who wait. I mean it took forever to get James Bond. So it may take a bit for new XMen too. Just gotta wait and see.

dmitch86 wrote:I think a lot of if it has to do with Fox owning the X-men for so long.. where as Disney got their hands on all the others much sooner, got them in main stream media and just made them more well known. A lot of people that "like Marvel" have probably never read a comic book and only know the cinematic universe
:freddy2: My wife was right... I got addicted!

karinar1943

Postby karinar1943 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:35 pm

With the Simpsons pops coming out, there is hope that other Fox owned things will come out as well. I thought there would never be anymore simpsons pops made
Traveling and pops are my game

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:59 pm

For the X-men fans, I’m sure new pops will happen eventually, at least I hope so for you guys. Just have a bit more patience. We have gotten so many unexpected releases lately. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

joe_funko

Postby joe_funko » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm letting go of most of my stuff and the X-Men pieces are the one's I'm struggling with the most so far. So much potential but so little from Funko.
:freddy3:

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:31 pm

lavery01 wrote:For the X-men fans, I’m sure new pops will happen eventually, at least I hope so for you guys. Just have a bit more patience. We have gotten so many unexpected releases lately. lol

Honestly I really shouldn't be so greedy. lol I've only been a collector since September. :blush:

Nacho_Villan87

Postby Nacho_Villan87 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 pm

I.d die for the Gambit one, just remembered a time ago when the Jpops actually created a Gambit one in a very dynamic pose
:freddy4: ---NACHO VILLAN---

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Liscencing always plays a part in the production of any product. Most of the time, as with other companies, the creators have to pitch the product, design and details to the licensors for approval.

I’m not too mad about the new Thor since we don’t have a comic style sculpt of him.

Being an X-Men fan, I agreed. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:56 pm

For a number of years, Marvel was actively removing X-Men from merchandising (except for Deadpool, because they're not going to turn down Deadpool money) in an effort to pressure Fox into selling the X-Men movie rights back. There were no X-Men (or FF) in things like Marvel Disney Infinity, the X-Men were removed from t-shirts that reprinted famous covers, no X-Men or FF characters in the mobile games except for a couple that squeaked through, and so on. This was also the period where Marvel was trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans and characters like Daisy Johnson/Quake, who was previously a mutant, became an Inhuman.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, the embargo was lifted and everyone is playing catch up with the X-Men characters.

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:00 am

Chase Variant wrote:

For a number of years, Marvel was actively removing X-Men from merchandising (except for Deadpool, because they're not going to turn down Deadpool money) in an effort to pressure Fox into selling the X-Men movie rights back. There were no X-Men (or FF) in things like Marvel Disney Infinity, the X-Men were removed from t-shirts that reprinted famous covers, no X-Men or FF characters in the mobile games except for a couple that squeaked through, and so on. This was also the period where Marvel was trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans and characters like Daisy Johnson/Quake, who was previously a mutant, became an Inhuman.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, the embargo was lifted and everyone is playing catch up with the X-Men characters.

Oh I see! Great to know! Thanks!

Thanks to everyone in the thread for your responses!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:18 am

I am surprised at the lack of many x men AND comic book justice League characters....lots of empty spaces on my shelves.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 am

I'm cool for Funko to slowly come out other xmen pops.. Its been a fast and furious year for most of us!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:10 am

I’m still waiting for Nightcrawler to come out! Has to be sooner rather than later.
Zach or Fisch

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:09 am

I don't know about not getting love. The new Dark Phoenix pops are fire!
ImageImageImage Image

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 am

Everything is subjective and a lot of times based on your particular likes.
In this case it was probably based on Marvel's choices of what they wanted Funko to release.

I could reply with Why no Love for the Fantastic 4? There are literary only 4 members and we only have 1. lol lol lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 am

When the marketing machine of Disney gets them X-Men and all the licensing that goes with them watch there be waves of X-Men pops.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Solzeta1

Postby Solzeta1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 am

Chase Variant wrote:

Yes this is all true...Once Disney/Marvel starts rolling out their X-Men MCU...we'll get more

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am

Agree. I'd like more X-Men too.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:05 am

We need the whole team!

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:09 pm

I agree that the new fox Disney deal should get some more products going. There are certainly a lot of characters that would generate a lot of hype. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, OG beast, OG Jean Grey, Longshot, Havok, Warpath, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Polaris, Banshee, Forge, Quentin Quire, Omega Red, Mojo, Toad, Sauron. And I know I could keep going.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:43 pm

I'd love to see some X-Men pops from the original films from the 2000's. I hope when the Disney deal goes through that Funko will have the rights to produce some. I'm still skeptical about the potential scenario of Disney rejecting anyone making products from the older films as they intend on rebooting the franchise.

I really hope they do get the rights to the older films. Fingers crossed

buddylee

Postby buddylee » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:47 pm

OG suit Havoc, Sunfire and Nightcrawler are great designs. Would love to see them!

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Rantt wrote:I'm cool for Funko to slowly come out other xmen pops.. Its been a fast and furious year for most of us!

I feel the same way! Already having to narrow down what I'm going to keep collecting. Don't need more X-men to tempt me lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

ANT_206

Postby ANT_206 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:05 pm

With Fox owning rights to X-Men for so long Marvel stopped supporting X-Men as a whole. They stopped making new characters in the comics, stopped running so many titles, etc and as a result merchandising and collectibles also suffered. Now that they are back in the Disney fold, hopefully we see that stopping and full lines of new X-Men pops! I'm with you brotha, X-Men has been my first love in life since the age of 6 and I'm about to be 30. NEED MORE X-MEN POPS!
Alan | Seattle-based collector | 1/5 of the Funko Funboys
Funko collection started 11/6/2013

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:41 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
Rantt wrote:I'm cool for Funko to slowly come out other xmen pops.. Its been a fast and furious year for most of us!

I feel the same way! Already having to narrow down what I'm going to keep collecting. Don't need more X-men to tempt me lol

Lol I need some X men but not all...cos not enough space tbh.
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:59 pm

fischmioli wrote:I’m still waiting for Nightcrawler to come out! Has to be sooner rather than later.

Nightcrawler and gambit are def on my top 3 X-men pops we need !
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Spartacus wrote:
lavery01 wrote:For the X-men fans, I’m sure new pops will happen eventually, at least I hope so for you guys. Just have a bit more patience. We have gotten so many unexpected releases lately. lol

Honestly I really shouldn't be so greedy. lol I've only been a collector since September. :blush:

Wow! Welcome to pop collecting. It’s a constant worldwind but I love it. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:33 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Spartacus wrote:

Thank you! :cheers:

stevedawg85_funko

Postby stevedawg85_funko » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:52 pm

i've seen custom stuff that looks better than the official products.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Spartacus wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Spartacus wrote:Honestly I really shouldn't be so greedy. lol I've only been a collector since September. :blush:

Thank you! :cheers:

Prob has a lot to do with licensing. They have made Marvel figures for years, never know if someone has exclusive rights. Hoping with the merger. We can finally get the Fantastic Four (not xmen I know) some good customs on Ebay, but no boxes isnt good. Would like a Bishop, Forge, Gambit, and Nightcrawler anytime tho.

Return to “Pop!”