Miss the Legacy collection

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
JokersWild
Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Miss the Legacy collection

Postby JokersWild » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:10 am

With McFarlane now producing the GoT 6” figures, I miss the Legacy collection. Yes, the face sculpts weren’t the greatest, but they had a lot of potential I felt.
Instagram: ArkhamPhotography & JokersWildCustoms
Funklub Member #1788
Looking for: Joker proto set is complete...for now!

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Re: Miss the Legacy collection

Postby Kitzka » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:34 am

But I really can’t het over the generic face sculpts...

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:10 pm

they really did a crap QC job on legacy. i still have my book of life ones but i was always afraid to unbox them for fear of falling apart.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Yea the face sculpts were meh but i definitely have a couple in my collection that i enjoy!

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:04 pm

Some of the legacy lines were pretty good.. I like my Power Armor from Fallout and the Firefly ones weren't that bad either.. I feel like they fell into the same category as the ReAction. Super hit or miss and most people didn't care for them.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:55 am

Figures were a good size, just the faces were off!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:15 pm

The only one I ever picked up was the Rocketeer. The Cliff head was a bit generic but the helmet head was sharp and overall solid figure. IIRC they didn't have a foot hole for a peg, otherwise a solidly designed figure.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:54 am

I feel like there was so much potential there...and when the first wave of GoT figures came out, I was convinced they would be a huge hit. I still think Funko could do an amazing job with the line of Harry Potter articulates figures.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 am

The McFarlane figures are a pretty significant upgrade over the Legacy versions. So I just hope McFarlane has a good run. Jaime, Robb Stark and Drogo were all great Legacy figures. The body detail was great on most of the Funko GoT figures, but the faces were largely off and the QC issues were very real. I thought the Firefly figures had fairly accurate heads and I think Jayne and Mal are still great. I did really want a River out of the Firefly line and she never happened. I can't stress enough how happy I am to own a Rocketeer figure in that scale. Helmet on, I absolutely love that figure.

Funko is still struggling with QC issues. Most people who bought the four Thundercats have at least one of them missing a leg. Add in the fact that Funko half-does most lineups, which was major problem with ReAction, and you have no credibility with your end consumer. They started a 3 and 3/4 GoT line and didn't follow it up with anything. You can only do that so many times before people just stop investing in new lines with you. I'm happy the Legacy figures existed but I totally understand why they didn't last.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:02 pm

There was a good amount of potential, none ever spoke to me but I think it was the sculpts like most other people commented.
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Action Figures”