Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
91shawny

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby 91shawny » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:37 am

I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:39 am

Wow sounds awesome!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:58 am

91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

I'd love to see how they design Inosuke in pop form.
That is a good starting line and if they did well I'd love to see them branch out into a few of the other Demon Slayers like miss Butterfly girl and Tanjiro's mentor. I'd also like to see some of the demons since most of them have unique designs.
Hi, I’m Steph.

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Lol!! I’m only laughing cuz I made a ds thread too lol don’t worry, someone moved it to entertainment so hopefully it’ll be gone in 30 days :)

I’m all aboard for this one!

I love tanjiro, and I would like maybe a variant or two of him. Just hope he doesn’t go through the deku treatment haha

Really love his green jacket and his cloudy one when he was training

Imo ep 19 left me more speechless than 20 but it was still SO good!! And I was complaining about too many random backstories at first but after ep 20 I guess itssssssss ok since they tied it all in for the family.

Thoughts? :)
ImageImageImage

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Does anyone know if this is seasonal similar to My Hero Academia/Attach on Titan?

Ive heard nothing but amazing things about this show and I want to watch it, but rather binge it than do the wait every week!

(sucks being impatient)

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm

91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a watch.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Has me hooked 2 episodes in >_>
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Lawliet wrote:Does anyone know if this is seasonal similar to My Hero Academia/Attach on Titan?

Ive heard nothing but amazing things about this show and I want to watch it, but rather binge it than do the wait every week!

(sucks being impatient)

Looks like there with 26 episodes on the first season and episode 20 just aired. You should be able to binge the whole season soon enough.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 pm

funkopants777 wrote:Lol!! I’m only laughing cuz I made a ds thread too lol don’t worry, someone moved it to entertainment so hopefully it’ll be gone in 30 days :)

I’m all aboard for this one!

I love tanjiro, and I would like maybe a variant or two of him. Just hope he doesn’t go through the deku treatment haha

Really love his green jacket and his cloudy one when he was training

Imo ep 19 left me more speechless than 20 but it was still SO good!! And I was complaining about too many random backstories at first but after ep 20 I guess itssssssss ok since they tied it all in for the family.

Thoughts? :)

I think 19 was the episode at made everyone lose their minds. Such a fantastic episode and so surprising. Episode 20 was great for a backstory and I loved seeing how all the characters were “related”.
Hi, I’m Steph.

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:53 pm

I'm hearing everyone rave about how good these past couple episodes and the series have been in general. I think I will have to try out a couple episodes and see for myself.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ramrod510

Postby Ramrod510 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 pm

Funko can take my wallet if and when these ever drop! Would love to see action poses of the different breath forms.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:I'm hearing everyone rave about how good these past couple episodes and the series have been in general. I think I will have to try out a couple episodes and see for myself.

It’s worth it! Hope you like it
Hi, I’m Steph.

Howardthepop

Postby Howardthepop » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 am

My friends keep talking about this anime. I might have to watch it just to see what's up.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 am

TheStephil wrote:

That is a good starting line and if they did well I'd love to see them branch out into a few of the other Demon Slayers like miss Butterfly girl and Tanjiro's mentor. I'd also like to see some of the demons since most of them have unique designs.

I would assume they could do something like monica from friends with the turkey on her head, but he needs to have both blades, and maybe a flocked head version? lol

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:

Has me hooked 2 episodes in >_>

Oh keep going, you'll see what I mean when I said they kinda break some shonen tropes in a unique way

ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am

I must take a watch on this!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 am

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I would assume they could do something like monica from friends with the turkey on her head, but he needs to have both blades, and maybe a flocked head version? lol

Inosuke with Boar head common, unmasked Chase. I'm sure everyone will be on board with that lol.

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Inosuke with Boar head common, unmasked Chase. I'm sure everyone will be on board with that lol.

If an unmasked Inosuke happens I don’t think I’d buy it lol
Find Me on Instagram.com @Ryespops
Attended: Making Fun Funko Premiere, Disneyland Funatics Day Out, Funko Fundays 2017, FDO 8 NYC, Festival of Fun 2021, Funko Fundays 2022 :compress:

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am

I made a thread but I guess this one took over cause you post first bro hahah but yeah I would love to see like 3 variants of Tanjiro at Most. Him with the DS outfit, him with his Haori, and him with his training outfit and warding mask. Also would love to see Nezuko in Regular and Demon Form!
Attended: Making Fun Funko Premiere, Disneyland Funatics Day Out, Funko Fundays 2017, FDO 8 NYC, Festival of Fun 2021, Funko Fundays 2022 :compress:

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:24 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I really dislike when anime get chases, like I want to obtain them stress free lol but yes an exclusive without the boar head would be needed especially since it's a running joke

ImageImageImageImage

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Consolidating here!! hah Just got caught up and its so good! I'm ready for Pops!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Ruen97

Postby Ruen97 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Just here for the consolidation lol
Mr. Freeze and Pop Collector
Collector: Since 2012
Full Sets: BVS/BTAS/Gotham/Impopsters/Carebears
Located: SCLA
:dkjoker1:

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Ruen97 wrote:Just here for the consolidation lol

lol right, wonder if they are mergeable?

Image Image

Ruen97

Postby Ruen97 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Typale wrote:

Well the conversation wasn’t that extensive aside from speaking of Black Clover. So no real need to merge .
Mr. Freeze and Pop Collector
Collector: Since 2012
Full Sets: BVS/BTAS/Gotham/Impopsters/Carebears
Located: SCLA
:dkjoker1:

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Ruen97 wrote:
Typale wrote:

Well the conversation wasn’t that extensive aside from speaking of Black Clover. So no real need to merge .

Thats true... Im already dying for the next episode to go live so we get to see what happens now! I'm interested in the back and forth with Tanjiro and the first demon slayer to have faith in him!

Image Image

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:32 pm

I can’t wait to see what Giyu has in store and the Butterfly chick is so CREEPY

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Alright episode 1 here we go! So many anime so little time.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 pm

91shawny wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I really dislike when anime get chases, like I want to obtain them stress free lol but yes an exclusive without the boar head would be needed especially since it's a running joke

Haha I love chases. Makes the hunt more fulfilling for me. It's so easy to get exclusives these days so I need a challenge.
Hi, I’m Steph.

post31

Postby post31 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 pm

I like it. Good story. Though I did like goblin slayer a little more. Still though I do recommend watching it and I believe they would make for pretty cool pops.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:38 am

i have too much anime pops already but i need pops of these! haha
ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:06 am

All caught up! There is some cool Banpresto and Aniplex stuff on the way! Hopefully we get something popwise eventually. I don't see it anytime soon since they haven't done really any recent major shows.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:24 am

post31 wrote:I like it. Good story. Though I did like goblin slayer a little more. Still though I do recommend watching it and I believe they would make for pretty cool pops.

I loved Goblin Slayer as well. Although I feel like comparing it to Kimetsu is like apples to oranges in a way. They are great in their own lanes.

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:25 am

FunkoLoco wrote:i have too much anime pops already but i need pops of these! haha

Never is there too many anime pops lol

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:27 am

Typale wrote:
Ruen97 wrote:
Typale wrote:

Thats true... Im already dying for the next episode to go live so we get to see what happens now! I'm interested in the back and forth with Tanjiro and the first demon slayer to have faith in him!

Spoiler: show
After seeing him use the 11th form, water breathing, it would be safe to assume that he's now Tanjiro's senpai
and yes that conversation will be dope to see. Like will senpai be proud of him, give him a rough older brother style scolding, can't wait!

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:41 am

91shawny wrote:
post31 wrote:I like it. Good story. Though I did like goblin slayer a little more. Still though I do recommend watching it and I believe they would make for pretty cool pops.

I loved Goblin Slayer as well. Although I feel like comparing it to Kimetsu is like apples to oranges in a way. They are great in their own lanes.

Another one I need to catch up on ugh
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:52 am

hailmary25 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Goblin Slayer is really good, you'll like it. Is it as complex story wise as other shows, not so much, but the story is good enough where the action scenes and twists make it worth it.

ImageImageImageImage

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am

I'm afraid to watch...to like...to love. I can't afford another line to collect (if/when they do make them)...

Is it worth it? Should I just be brave? The curse of the collector! Enjoyment of story is now tied to the fear of accumulation! :eek: lol ;-)
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:13 am

91shawny wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:i have too much anime pops already but i need pops of these! haha

Never is there too many anime pops lol

Never too many anime pops. There are always more room for anime pops.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:14 am

91shawny wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Goblin Slayer is really good, you'll like it. Is it as complex story wise as other shows, not so much, but the story is good enough where the action scenes and twists make it worth it.

I have had this one on my list for quite some time. I should probably check out a few episodes.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:24 am

katersatz wrote:I'm afraid to watch...to like...to love. I can't afford another line to collect (if/when they do make them)...

Is it worth it? Should I just be brave? The curse of the collector! Enjoyment of story is now tied to the fear of accumulation! :eek: lol ;-)

Completely worth it! great story, compelling characters and pretty animation.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Return to “Pop!”