Kylo Ren hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Shavedcrx

Kylo Ren hikari

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri May 01, 2020 10:05 am

So I couldn’t hold off hikari any more and finally started to buy a few. So there are 6 in the Funko catalog, 5 of which are readily available online. I can’t find any info about this one. Catalog says nycc 2017. Le250. Bronze. Tag on glam says abyss. Can’t find any other images or anything anywhere.
Did this get cancelled? If it’s a thing I’d love to own one as I “need” all the kylos.

Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

chandarrama

Re: Kylo Ren hikari

Postby chandarrama » Fri May 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Shavedcrx wrote:So I couldn’t hold off hikari any more and finally started to buy a few. So there are 6 in the Funko catalog, 5 of which are readily available online. I can’t find any info about this one. Catalog says nycc 2017. Le250. Bronze. Tag on glam says abyss. Can’t find any other images or anything anywhere.
Did this get cancelled? If it’s a thing I’d love to own one as I “need” all the kylos.

I don’t ever remember seeing this. I have seen all the other types but not this one. I was even trying to look through old posts from 2017 and still don’t see it. Would be a good one for someone to look into.
My name is Chandar (rhymes with thunder)

If you practice good fun-karma, good things will happen to you.

Favorites: Dorbz Ridez, comic book properties, and GITD pops/dorbz/Hikari

ImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri May 01, 2020 11:29 pm

I dunno if i should feel threatened or relieved that you are buying up all the Kylo merch. lol

I wont be help here, wish i was.

I only had two. The og black colorway and the ht red.

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Sat May 02, 2020 1:04 am

Geescube wrote:I dunno if i should feel threatened or relieved that you are buying up all the Kylo merch. lol

Not threatening, but without hikari i wouldn’t be able to say I have the best Kylo Ren collection in the galaxy. So it’s purely a power move. :) haha
Also, you will feel relieved when you sell me tru proto.
Chris

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Sat May 02, 2020 1:07 am

chandarrama wrote:I don’t ever remember seeing this. I have seen all the other types but not this one. I was even trying to look through old posts from 2017 and still don’t see it. Would be a good one for someone to look into.

Same here. Went through section on here. Google images. Google search. Only place it seems to be is Funko catalog.

Very weird. Makes me want it more.
Chris

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat May 02, 2020 2:20 am

Shavedcrx wrote:
Geescube wrote:I dunno if i should feel threatened or relieved that you are buying up all the Kylo merch. lol

Not threatening, but without hikari i wouldn’t be able to say I have the best Kylo Ren collection in the galaxy. So it’s purely a power move. :) haha

Nevarrrrr.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sat May 02, 2020 1:33 pm

Ask Jobafett (Jordan) he might know more about it. I don’t remember seeing this one ever. The ones from HT were released towards the end of the hikari’s life and I barely remember them.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun May 03, 2020 2:16 am

This one never saw the light of day unfortunately. Would have been a nice companion piece to some of the other metal themed color ways like the dirty penny trooper and silver Greedo.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Wed May 06, 2020 10:57 am

mohawkjones wrote:This one never saw the light of day unfortunately. Would have been a nice companion piece to some of the other metal themed color ways like the dirty penny trooper and silver Greedo.

Yea. I can’t find anything. No history.
Cancelled, production errors? Is there a story behind it or do you have any more info?

Or maybe it got made and never released and there are boxes of it hiding at Funko somewhere.... that’s my hope anyways. Haha.
Chris

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:24 pm

I don't believe it was made...and I was too embarassed to ask around myself lol

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Shavedcrx wrote:So I couldn’t hold off hikari any more and finally started to buy a few. So there are 6 in the Funko catalog, 5 of which are readily available online. I can’t find any info about this one. Catalog says nycc 2017. Le250. Bronze. Tag on glam says abyss. Can’t find any other images or anything anywhere.

Maybe it was announced but never released, it wouldn’t be the first time that happened. I hope I’m wrong though, and that you’ll eventually get into your collection. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri May 08, 2020 6:07 pm

lavery01 wrote:

Spoiler: show

Maybe it was announced but never released, it wouldn’t be the first time that happened. I hope I’m wrong though, and that you’ll eventually get into your collection. lol

I do not recall this one ever being announced/solicited. There have been a couple that appeared on the Funko app but nowhere else (like the red Groot) and a few that made it to production sample status but were never announced or produced. I have a feeling this may have been something in the pipeline toward the end of the Hikari life that made it to glam status internally but no farther than that sadly.

:SW10:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Tue May 12, 2020 1:39 am

Shavedcrx wrote:

LMAO, I can appreciate the honesty.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:22 pm

Don't remember seeing it come out, my tough is they cancelled it.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:48 am

Interesting...I’ve never seen it before. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:44 pm

Hikari style works perfectly for Kyle!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:47 pm

I am very thankful he has his mask on.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

JuvyD

Postby JuvyD » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:43 pm

For those interested, the Kylo Ren Abyss Hikari does exist. I've come across it several times and own one (Pictured below). Cool piece to add to the collection.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:27 pm

JuvyD wrote:For those interested, the Kylo Ren Abyss Hikari does exist. I've come across it several times and own one (Pictured below). Cool piece to add to the collection.

Very cool! Was it sold somewhere specifically it just in one market (overseas, U.S., etc.). With it being so limited I wouldn't think it was sold at too many places.
Poppin'

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:58 pm

JuvyD wrote:For those interested, the Kylo Ren Abyss Hikari does exist. I've come across it several times and own one (Pictured below). Cool piece to add to the collection.

very cool piece. i own a rage variant myself...love the abyss =D>

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Awesome. Congrats. I actually found one in December. Still would like to know where they came from. There aren’t many sold listings on eBay. Counting mine I’ve only seen three.
Chris

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 am

WOW! Now this is super cool I didn't even know this existed!! Congrats on owning such a cool piece!! =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

JuvyD

Postby JuvyD » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Shavedcrx wrote:

Awesome. Congrats. I actually found one in December. Still would like to know where they came from. There aren’t many sold listings on eBay. Counting mine I’ve only seen three.

I wish I had good info on how they got out there. Other than the guy on eBay that sold a few, I have not found any other. There was another guy who listed it on ebay but never actually completed the deal. Guy on eBay claims he found a few at a out of town thrift store. A lot of these unreleased Hikari seem to pop up overseas. Guy might have picked up a case, kept one and sold off the rest.

Stoatmaster

Postby Stoatmaster » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 am

Reminds me of the Sunset Stitch’s, which are also more difficult to find than their edition size suggests

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon May 03, 2021 4:06 pm

This Hikari Looks amazing!

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:52 pm

I never did get into this line but I always loved checking them out. Loved the details but I never had enough room to start up this collection. Have a couple but that's about it.
Image Image

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:30 am

Nice to see a few off these surfacing after all this time! Makes you wonder what else is hiding out there somewhere…

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:04 pm

I see activity in the thread and I get excited! lol

I haven't checked for hikari in a while. It was always the same overpriced stuff. I'll have to take a peek tonight. Glad we still have a group with interest in such a great Funko Line.

#KeepHikariAlive

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Kakarote

Postby Kakarote » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:24 pm

Nice, I want something like this
Image:freddy2:

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:04 pm

Yeah never seen this one. The star wars line had some really cool Hikaris. Now that I'm getting Into star wars more might have to track some of the kylos down.

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:04 pm

Last time I bought a Hikaris was from 2017 Celebration (although it was a shared exclusive). I miss those days of Funko, they really were producing some interesting collectibles back then. Sad they stopped producing Hikaris.

Return to “Hikari”