Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
scullysdad

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby scullysdad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:58 pm

PopPChulo wrote:I think the furloughs really impacted them and I did see in the press release that they will aim to reduce stock for the time being. I think it’s hard being such a community based company and especially being impacted in this manner. Funko does have a fiercely loyal fan base though and I know they will continue to do everything they can to hold Funko up as a company. I think it is important to continue keeping the excitement because truly we all need fun in difficult times

I think you are right about Funko fans being fiercely loyal - every single Pop I had in my cart at Amazon has sold out (people worrying they won't be able to Pop hunt during the summer when they were scheduled to be released I assume) and I checked all of my preorders and they are sold out too (even ones I never imagined would like Jessica Fletcher from Murder, She Wrote). I think once this is all over we should see a flood of announcements including the Demon Slayer Pops.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:04 pm

scullysdad wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I think the furloughs really impacted them and I did see in the press release that they will aim to reduce stock for the time being. I think it’s hard being such a community based company and especially being impacted in this manner. Funko does have a fiercely loyal fan base though and I know they will continue to do everything they can to hold Funko up as a company. I think it is important to continue keeping the excitement because truly we all need fun in difficult times

I think you are right about Funko fans being fiercely loyal - every single Pop I had in my cart at Amazon has sold out (people worrying they won't be able to Pop hunt during the summer when they were scheduled to be released I assume) and I checked all of my preorders and they are sold out too (even ones I never imagined would like Jessica Fletcher from Murder, She Wrote). I think once this is all over we should see a flood of announcements including the Demon Slayer Pops.

Absolutely accurate - we definitely rally behind funko when times get tough and funko started as a very small company and I think their fan base is who truly lifted them up to the heavens in terms of popularity. I have no doubt that this is only a minor set back for a major come back and we should see some crazy stuff in the future.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:06 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
100%, They have been very quiet since early last week. Not even FS drops. But yes, I will be all over this set. Hoping for flocked masked, masked, and unmasked Inosuke!

We need all three fam! I think the furloughs really impacted them and I did see in the press release that they will aim to reduce stock for the time being. I think it’s hard being such a community based company and especially being impacted in this manner. Funko does have a fiercely loyal fan base though and I know they will continue to do everything they can to hold Funko up as a company. I think it is important to continue keeping the excitement because truly we all need fun in difficult times

Like you said they should still release glams and suck just to get people talking and excited for future products

I think the fact that they can’t really determine stock levels and what would be appropriate going forward with the pandemic stuff going on. I think that may be contributing to why they aren’t showing as many new products off because the stock levels for each item would vary.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:23 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
We need all three fam! I think the furloughs really impacted them and I did see in the press release that they will aim to reduce stock for the time being. I think it’s hard being such a community based company and especially being impacted in this manner. Funko does have a fiercely loyal fan base though and I know they will continue to do everything they can to hold Funko up as a company. I think it is important to continue keeping the excitement because truly we all need fun in difficult times

Like you said they should still release glams and suck just to get people talking and excited for future products

I think the fact that they can’t really determine stock levels and what would be appropriate going forward with the pandemic stuff going on. I think that may be contributing to why they aren’t showing as many new products off because the stock levels for each item would vary.

Definitely had to slow production down. Most production factories are closed so making many different ones at one time is not possible. This also affects stock count. I hope this is over soon. I hear pops are getting canceled now. :-s
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:56 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Definitely had to slow production down. Most production factories are closed so making many different ones at one time is not possible. This also affects stock count. I hope this is over soon. I hear pops are getting canceled now. :-s

I need demon slayer to not get cancelled and I need them to still release. You are right though - it seems as if things have slowed down considerably since this quarantine occurred. I just hope everything reopens soon so the world can move again
PopPChulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:29 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I need demon slayer to not get cancelled and I need them to still release. You are right though - it seems as if things have slowed down considerably since this quarantine occurred. I just hope everything reopens soon so the world can move again

Yup out of all the cancellations I hope this will not be one of them. I really needs these as pops. I’m ready to start a new set.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:15 am

PopPChulo wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Absolutely accurate - we definitely rally behind funko when times get tough and funko started as a very small company and I think their fan base is who truly lifted them up to the heavens in terms of popularity. I have no doubt that this is only a minor set back for a major come back and we should see some crazy stuff in the future.

believe it or not Funko's business model survives during crisis times for our country. 1) they have very low over head and debt for a company that just went public. If they didn't open the Hollywood store they would be in even better shape. 2) their products are affordable for everyone even during hard times 3) during hard times, people tend to buy things that make them happy--believe me I have bought my share of pops during this COVID-quarantine.

Funko as a company will be okay. Profits will be down this year, but the next few years are going to FIRE! Including Demon Slayer!
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:41 am

wash2366 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

believe it or not Funko's business model survives during crisis times for our country. 1) they have very low over head and debt for a company that just went public. If they didn't open the Hollywood store they would be in even better shape. 2) their products are affordable for everyone even during hard times 3) during hard times, people tend to buy things that make them happy--believe me I have bought my share of pops during this COVID-quarantine.

Funko as a company will be okay. Profits will be down this year, but the next few years are going to FIRE! Including Demon Slayer!

I know that I'll be one of those in the next few years.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Yup out of all the cancellations I hope this will not be one of them. I really needs these as pops. I’m ready to start a new set.

I think we will be okay. I think the hype will still be there especially with the move release (when that happens)
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:14 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I think we will be okay. I think the hype will still be there especially with the move release (when that happens)

The movie is set to hit here in October. I believe on the 16th. So ready for this.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:46 am

wash2366 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Agree 100%. They are lowering their overhead even more by furloughing employees to ride out this storm. I'm not worried about the health of Funko in the slighest.
Hi, I’m Steph.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:23 am

Must check out this show!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:37 pm

rexflexall wrote:Must check out this show!

Totally! I was late to the party (to watch it) and as soon as I did, I hated myself for not watching it sooner, when everyone else was talking about it.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:51 pm

TheStephil wrote:
wash2366 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Agree 100%. They are lowering their overhead even more by furloughing employees to ride out this storm. I'm not worried about the health of Funko in the slighest.

I have to agree - I have to commend them for continuing to push through each convention as well. They improvised and came up with a experience to still leave fans satisfied while at the same time safe.
PopPChulo

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 am

I cant wait for the movie to come out. Hope the pops come out around that time as well.
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri May 01, 2020 2:20 am

jjb11590 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:Must check out this show!

Totally! I was late to the party (to watch it) and as soon as I did, I hated myself for not watching it sooner, when everyone else was talking about it.

the plus on that is no wait between episodes.... but now we all wait between seasons together :(

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri May 01, 2020 2:46 am

Rickakatuna wrote:I cant wait for the movie to come out. Hope the pops come out around that time as well.

Hopefully that doesn't get pushed back.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Fri May 01, 2020 8:36 am

man... i want to see a preview of these so bad... love this anime
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Sat May 02, 2020 12:46 am

digithor wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:I cant wait for the movie to come out. Hope the pops come out around that time as well.

You mean the movie? I'm pretty sure it's ready or close so dont think it will be pushed back but never know anymore
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat May 02, 2020 2:50 am

Rickakatuna wrote:
digithor wrote:

You mean the movie? I'm pretty sure it's ready or close so dont think it will be pushed back but never know anymore

I can for some how it could be more beneficial to just release the movie sooner than waiting for the long run to release it. Just think of all the movies that studios are pushing back till next year or the year after. Could be some very loaded months through the year for releases. Easy for smaller titles to get lost in it.
ImageImageImageImage

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Sat May 02, 2020 5:55 pm

digithor wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:
digithor wrote:

I can for some how it could be more beneficial to just release the movie sooner than waiting for the long run to release it. Just think of all the movies that studios are pushing back till next year or the year after. Could be some very loaded months through the year for releases. Easy for smaller titles to get lost in it.

The thing is digital releases have been doing great so it might do better
Hi Im Ricky

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun May 03, 2020 12:53 am

Rickakatuna wrote:
digithor wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:You mean the movie? I'm pretty sure it's ready or close so dont think it will be pushed back but never know anymore

The thing is digital releases have been doing great so it might do better

It's a great time to release digital movies.
ImageImageImageImage

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 am

PopPChulo wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Yo! You're no longer part of poppros?
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 am

I hear we’re getting a flocked Inosuke. If that’s true I will be so happy.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:04 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I hear we’re getting a flocked Inosuke. If that’s true I will be so happy.

i heard it'll be a chase.... so don't get too excited.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Finished the Manga so yeah... I'm gonna need those Pops now funko to fill the void lol.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I hear we’re getting a flocked Inosuke. If that’s true I will be so happy.

I’ll pay extra for that chase or hunt it down. It’s a mando for my collection.

Typale

Postby Typale » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Ohh I’ll find it no matter what too!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:00 am

Typale wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Who’s all with me :cheers:. We will find that chase!!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Who’s all with me :cheers:. We will find that chase!!

i've never found a chase.....:(

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:50 am

Mr Yac wrote:

Well then we going to have to get your game up. :cheers:

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:58 am

Something about human pops that are flocked makes my brain feel funny, even if it's just their clothes :-/
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:10 am

Mr Yac wrote:

One day the yac will!
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:26 am

chaostryder wrote:
Something about human pops that are flocked makes my brain feel funny, even if it's just their clothes :-/

are you unfamiliar with Inosuke?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:13 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Typale wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Seriously, have to have it even if I have to over pay. I will have it.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Typale wrote:

Seriously, have to have it even if I have to over pay. I will have it.

Have a good feeling lots of people will be after this.

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 pm

...has the movie come out yet?!! :( feels like forever!

my bf read the manga ahead & said it gets crazy!

Wahh I will not have any spoilers!! [-X
ImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 pm

funkopants777 wrote:...has the movie come out yet?!! :( feels like forever!

SOunds like October for Japan with season two following it shortly after!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Typale

Postby Typale » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:09 pm

cptsailor wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:...has the movie come out yet?!! :( feels like forever!

SOunds like October for Japan with season two following it shortly after!

Taking FOREVER.... lol
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:13 am

I wonder what the 10 inch will be. Also last I read the movie was to hit here in October.

Return to “Pop!”