Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
FunkOCD

Re: Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:01 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Guilty as charged!! The god-kid kept asking me who my favorite is, and seemed kinda appalled that I said the trees. Just as well since I let her pick one of my extras out of the batch! She said right off "But I can't take one of the trees, I know!" lol

So cute LOL

She has her moments! She was very disappointed to not pull a dragon. I'd made her a deal - if she pulled a dragon, she got $20 worth of any paka paka line she wanted. She was CONVINCED she had 2 dragons in her paka balls. Needless to say, she did not! lol

A+ for effort though! Heh
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
I did get the whole set in one case! No lie, there was a bit of sticker shock when I handed over my card, but if you stop and think how much we spend in batches trying to do the same thing, I think it was worth it. Plus, no stress this way, which is nice! Failed today on getting a run picture of anything other than the GITD cauldron, but here's that to tide you over:

Spoiler: show

Keep some of those extras for me lol
I am going to put my set on risers next to my tiny ghost minis. I already have a shelf ready.

Yep, lemme know what you need when you're ready!

That sounds like a ready made home for them! Mine will probably end up over near my Haunted Mansion minis, I feel like they'd be neighbors if nothing else!

I think having them near your Haunted Mansion minis is a great display option!
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Guilty as charged!! The god-kid kept asking me who my favorite is, and seemed kinda appalled that I said the trees. Just as well since I let her pick one of my extras out of the batch! She said right off "But I can't take one of the trees, I know!" lol

So cute LOL

She has her moments! She was very disappointed to not pull a dragon. I'd made her a deal - if she pulled a dragon, she got $20 worth of any paka paka line she wanted. She was CONVINCED she had 2 dragons in her paka balls. Needless to say, she did not! lol

Haha that's super adorable!
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:13 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
So cute LOL

A+ for effort though! Heh

Yeah, I guess between that and the cuteness factor, I'll keep her. Or at least borrow her for weekends! She really is a great hunting buddy, hopefully she still thinks it's fun when the world goes back to normal! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:14 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Keep some of those extras for me lol
I am going to put my set on risers next to my tiny ghost minis. I already have a shelf ready.

Yep, lemme know what you need when you're ready!

That sounds like a ready made home for them! Mine will probably end up over near my Haunted Mansion minis, I feel like they'd be neighbors if nothing else!

I think having them near your Haunted Mansion minis is a great display option!

But now that means I have to figure out how to display the Haunted Mansion minis - they're currently in a pile over by my stereo. Ugh, I'm going to have to get ORGANIZED....! ](*,) lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:15 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
So cute LOL

Yeah, between that and watching her fight with opening the paka balls, it was a pretty entertaining weekend! lol

Not that I've had trouble, but she did, and so has a friend of mine. Anyone else have trouble with the paka balls? Or is it just them?
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:46 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, between that and watching her fight with opening the paka balls, it was a pretty entertaining weekend! lol

Not that I've had trouble, but she did, and so has a friend of mine. Anyone else have trouble with the paka balls? Or is it just them?

I actually struggle with them lol
I just make my husband open them now, he has better luck than I do anyway.
Hi, I’m Steph.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:54 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I just crush them like the hopes and dreams of pulling a dragon in one go! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:56 pm

Just received the 3 Boo Hollow I preordered from Amazon back in February and holy schniekies! Both Hyper Rare Chases! They look amazing!

Nick IG: collector.badger

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:33 am

Wow congrats. That's some good luck.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:19 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

If you've got build-in help with a magic touch, you should absolutely be taking advantage of that! Good to know though, I was really wondering if it was them. I've encountered one or two that were kinda stuck, but generally they open pretty easily for me!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:21 am

FunkOCD wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol sounds about right!

I just offered my extra paka balls to a friend who works with kids, thinking they'd be good for an arts n crafts project. She's going to take one and see what she can come up with. Obviously not for use right now, but I think it would be fun to see them repurposed eventually in a fun way!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:24 am

CollectorBadger wrote:Just received the 3 Boo Hollow I preordered from Amazon back in February and holy schniekies! Both Hyper Rare Chases! They look amazing!

Congrats, that is some amazing luck! I agree, they look amazing - I am such a sucker for glitter and gitd!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:23 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

lol sounds about right!

I just offered my extra paka balls to a friend who works with kids, thinking they'd be good for an arts n crafts project. She's going to take one and see what she can come up with. Obviously not for use right now, but I think it would be fun to see them repurposed eventually in a fun way!

Oh that's a good idea. I need to figure out what to do with some of mine, I have way too many of them.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:28 am

My Boo Hollow haul. The only one I'm missing is the 1:36 GITD Cauldron. I really want one to be complete but the chances are low.

Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:30 am

My husband got me a random assortment of 10 paka paka for my birthday from the GS Buy 1 Get 1 deal. I only needed one Twisted Treats (Golden Apple) but he got me two Twisted Treats just for the fun of it and....

I got the Golden Apple! My first Paka Paka set to complete.

Hi, I’m Steph.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:12 pm

TheStephil wrote:My husband got me a random assortment of 10 paka paka for my birthday from the GS Buy 1 Get 1 deal. I only needed one Twisted Treats (Golden Apple) but he got me two Twisted Treats just for the fun of it and....

That's awesome!! The paka paka gods must have wanted you to have an extra special birthday. Congrats on completing the set :)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:47 pm

TheStephil wrote:My Boo Hollow haul. The only one I'm missing is the 1:36 GITD Cauldron. I really want one to be complete but the chances are low.

these look so freaking awesome...i just realized that Halloween isn't that far away (mindblowing lol)...congrats steph, hope you land that gid cauldron!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:44 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

lol sounds about right!

Oh that's a good idea. I need to figure out what to do with some of mine, I have way too many of them.

Well, my other idea if she doesn't want them is to fill them with Halloween candy and hand out my candy that way! Of course, given how many trick or treat-ers I usually get, it'll take me about 20 years to pass them all out! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:46 am

TheStephil wrote:My husband got me a random assortment of 10 paka paka for my birthday from the GS Buy 1 Get 1 deal. I only needed one Twisted Treats (Golden Apple) but he got me two Twisted Treats just for the fun of it and....

It was so meant to be! The pakas conspired to make sure you had a happy birthday!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Boymom4 wrote:

That's awesome!! The paka paka gods must have wanted you to have an extra special birthday. Congrats on completing the set :)

Thank you so much!
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:22 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:My Boo Hollow haul. The only one I'm missing is the 1:36 GITD Cauldron. I really want one to be complete but the chances are low.

these look so freaking awesome...i just realized that Halloween isn't that far away (mindblowing lol)...congrats steph, hope you land that gid cauldron!

Halloween is right around the corner, crazy!
Thanks so much, it's a beautiful set.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Katers wrote:

It was so meant to be! The pakas conspired to make sure you had a happy birthday!

they did a great job in making me feel special.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
lol sounds about right!

Well, my other idea if she doesn't want them is to fill them with Halloween candy and hand out my candy that way! Of course, given how many trick or treat-ers I usually get, it'll take me about 20 years to pass them all out! lol

That's a super cute idea.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:50 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

they did a great job in making me feel special.

Good! Even better when you have some Funko wins to go along with the special!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:52 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

That's a super cute idea.

She's got her first paka ball, and is super enthused about coming up with a creative craft for it. She's brainstorming ideas for them right now, so we'll see what happens! I told about around how many I had, and her eyes got big - and then I said I had friends that might have some I could snag, and she got really excited about the idea! I'll keep you guys in the loop on what she comes up with!
Image ImageImage Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:27 am

Fruit bats are so awesome!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:36 pm

cptsailor wrote:Fruit bats are so awesome!

Agreed, can't wait to get my hands on that line.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Not sure if this is the best place for it but looking to trade Boo Hollow Glitter Nina for Boo Hollow Glow Newt. Last one I need to be complete.
Hi, I’m Steph.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:37 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:Just received the 3 Boo Hollow I preordered from Amazon back in February and holy schniekies! Both Hyper Rare Chases! They look amazing!

Very lucky, they’re so cute! Congrats!
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Finally found Cloud Cats - haven't found Boo Hollow yet. I asked if they were going to put them in the machine and was told not until one of the other series sells out. I also found it interesting that this gamestop had to fight to get boxes of Cloud Cats, Twisted Treats, and Toilet Ninjas. Hoping Boo Hollow comes soon or I'll just buy some online :D
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:45 pm

Argh! I am loving seeing the almost complete set all together!

Excited to get a few of this set.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:55 pm

Here's some images I made I tracked down all the Paka Paka figures and made them into checklists

Use them to keep track or just look over

Soda Kats

Munchies

Kawaii Village

Twisted Treats

Toilet Ninjas

Cloud Cats

Boo Hollow

Fruit Bats

Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Second full Paka Paka line:

The awesome ToysRUs Kid gifted me this amazing piece

Hi, I’m Steph.

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:23 pm

[quote="GuruGuy128"]Here's some images I made I tracked down all the Paka Paka figures and made them into checklists

Use them to keep track or just look over

Thanks!!!
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:53 pm

Love these paka paka from kawaii village!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEdPcWuJYnn ... a45jwmkl9j

Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Rothkolion

Postby Rothkolion » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:49 pm

Nis_chac wrote:Love these paka paka from kawaii village!

I like the Kawaii Village ones too. Great photo!
HUGE Cartoon fan who has been collecting Funko since 2015. Collect everything Hanna-Barbara including Pops, Pez and Sodas. Also collect Disney, 80’s cartoons and Ad Icons!

Instagram & Twitter: @Rothkolion

Funko Wishlist: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... w=wishlist

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:23 pm

Nis_chac wrote:Love these paka paka from kawaii village!

Nice pull. Congrats on the gold!
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:26 pm

TheStephil wrote:Second full Paka Paka line:

The awesome ToysRUs Kid gifted me this amazing piece

awesome steph!
ImageImage

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Imagery wrote:Nice pull. Congrats on the gold!

Rothkolion wrote:I like the Kawaii Village ones too. Great photo!

Thanks guys!
ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”